Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    • The Dragon Masque is swapping features with the (non-raid item) Deathwyrm Cloak. It is now Insightful Sneak Attack Bonus +6, Deadly XI, Deception, Shadow Spike, Yellow augment, Colorless Augment.
    Sigh. I didn't see it said insightful.

In case you haven't noticed, it's the REGULAR sneak attack damage that is very rare now.

Epic stalker ring, whisperchain and planar focus are all very good items that already grant insightful.
    For regular you have to look to tharne's goggles, upgraded wretched twilight or crystal cove pirate hat. Which give you just true seeing, just ghostly, or just +15 to a skill, making them hard to warrant a slot.

Normal sneak attack +6 would be truely exceptional to see on a slot-worthy item.
    Last edited by Rull; 02-18-2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: misread

As I get to the higher levels I want to have the flexibility to consolidate more items and effects, and less pidgeon-holed specific unique items that we work in and around at lower levels.

Considering this new stuff is level 28+ gear... every item coming out of here should have 2 slots, 2 good coloured would be preferable.. these items should in general be an upgrade to all existing items in the game.

The armor/mask.. albeit no set bonus...should in general be better than the Gianthold level 25 sets and have minimum 2 slots each...ie upgrade option for 3rd slot or upgraded colour slots..

I would like to see more higher level gear become standard with more slots and more of the obscure colour slots like orange/violet.., not just a single slot replacement or items with no slots.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    As I get to the higher levels I want to have the flexibility to consolidate more items and effects, and less pidgeon-holed specific unique items that we work in and around at lower levels.

Considering this new stuff is level 28+ gear... every item coming out of here should have 2 slots, 2 good coloured would be preferable.. these items should in general be an upgrade to all existing items in the game.

The armor/mask.. albeit no set bonus...should in general be better than the Gianthold level 25 sets and have minimum 2 slots each...ie upgrade option for 3rd slot or upgraded colour slots..

I would like to see more higher level gear become standard with more slots and more of the obscure colour slots like orange/violet.., not just a single slot replacement or items with no slots.
    I agree they give us all these wonderful Augments and little or no slots to put them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rull View Post
    Sigh. I didn't see it said insightful.
    Epic stalker ring, whisperchain and planar focus are all very good items that already grant insightful.
    Epic Ring of the Stalker, Whisperchain, and Planar Focus of Subterfuge all grant EXCEPTIONAL sneak attack. I'm not aware of any current loot that grants insightful sneak attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    Epic Ring of the Stalker, Whisperchain, and Planar Focus of Subterfuge all grant EXCEPTIONAL sneak attack. I'm not aware of any current loot that grants insightful sneak attack.
    The effect "Exceptional Sneak Attack" on Live grants an Insight bonus (and says as much in its description), and has for quite some time. In Update 21, the name of "Exceptional Sneak Attack" effects will change to "Insightful Sneak Attack" to make the name match the actual effect. The functionality of these effects has not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The effect "Exceptional Sneak Attack" on Live grants an Insight bonus (and says as much in its description), and has for quite some time. In Update 21, the name of "Exceptional Sneak Attack" effects will change to "Insightful Sneak Attack" to make the name match the actual effect. The functionality of these effects has not changed.
    I see, thanks for the clarification.

And thanks for fixing the name. Consistency in naming is good. I'll point out that a lot of people (such as myself) have their settings configured to not show long descriptions on item properties, only the names.

Fixing any other abilities with a similar problem?
    I've got Exceptional Seeker granting me a +4 Insight bonus to critical hit damage.

Ladies 'n Gents, last week I posted a preview of our non-raid treasure here. Now I am pleased to draw the curtains on the main event, the named items planned for U21's two raids. As you most likely know, there is also a "dwarven forge" system that will let you build weapons. I'll post about that, which most of you already have some knowledge of, probably tomorrow. To complement that mechanic, these items will be found as-is in among raid treasure (with one exception).

As always, your feedback here warms the cockles of our hearts (whatever those are).

These items will be Min Level 28. They do not come in three power tiers, but are found more frequently on hard and even more frequently on elite runs of the raid.

Red Dragon Raid (Fire On Thunder Peak)

Dethek Runestone
    Shield
    Made of stone
    Natural armor bonus +10
    Exceptional Devotion: +10 Exceptional Bonus to Healing Spell Power
    Permanent Efficacy: +20 Alchemical Bonus to Universal Spell Power
    Runic Revitalization: On Positive Energy Spell Cast: You have a 10% chance to gain 100 Temporary Hit Points and 50 Temporary Spell Points for 60 seconds. This effect can trigger once per 120 seconds
    Stone Paws: In Animal Form, Gain +[W] and DR 15/Adamantine
    Nice! This one has some thought in it.

Dragon Masque
    Head
    Exceptional Sneak attack bonus +5
    Deception: +3 enhancement bonus to Bluff checks, On Hit: 5% to cause Bluff
    Permanent Nihil: +30 Alchemical Bonus to Negative Energy Spell Power
    Shadow Spike: On Damage: Do an additional 2d6 Negative Energy damage
    Would be nice if it would fit with any and all flawless dragon armors to give it's representing bonus. The deception, I've seen enough of these, come up with something new plz.

Ward Token Ring
    Ring
    Earthen Guard: On being hit, 5% chance that Stone Skin will be cast on you
    Earth Grab Guard (new, higher DC)
    Grant diehard feat
    Holding On: Your range of unconsciousness extends by 40 hit points
    Protection +10 (deflection bonus to armor class)
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot
    Should have Greater Earth Grab Guard and Greater Earthen Guard. Would be nice if it would 5% chance to cast Radiant Forcefield on being hit.

Meridian Fragment
    Orange Augment (unbound, only fits in orange augment slots)
    This item provides the user with a -6 SP Cost to Maximized Spells* and a stacking 1 to 4 Force damage when they are magically damaged.
    Feedback on an augment, nice. Tho 1d4?

Shadow Dracolich Raid (Temple of the Deathwyrm)
    Dumathoin's Bracers
    Bracers
    Natural armor +10
    30 Elemental Resistance
    PRR +30
    I'd rather see a stacking +15 Elemental Resistance then this, most of us get that from ships or a caster in the party. The PRR is good but the natural armor should be a shield bonus.

Dark Diversion
    Necklace
    Occultation: Decrease all threat generated by 20%
    Assassinate DC +4
    Move Silently bonus +20
    Hide bonus +20
    Colorless augment slot
    Tsk, that dc bonus is an insult to assassins. They'd rather see a bonus to the cooldown for assassinate so an assassin can drop it once every ten seconds or less.

Battlerager's Harness
    Belt
    Obvious Target: Increase all threat by 30%
    Raging Focus: While Raged, +6 Enhancement Bonus to Saves vs. Enchantments
    Spiked: On Melee or Unarmed Attack: Do an additional 1d4 Piercing damage
    Vengeful Fury: On Taking Damage: Gain a 12% Enhancement Bonus to Doublestrike and a +4 Rage Bonus to your Attack Bonus (duration: 45 cooldown: 60)
    Spike Guard: On Being Hit in Melee: Chance to do 10d20+500 Piercing Damage to the Attacker
    Attack and Damage Rage bonus plz and make sure it stacks. 1d4 pierce bonus is a joke I hope? On a whole it's a nice item if it was level 20.

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor
    (Item not found but forged from shadow dragon scales. Costs for base version and upgrade roughly equivalent to first & second tier of Thunderholme forged weapons)

+11 enhancement bonus
    Shade Phase - clicky 20 seconds, 3 uses
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly
    By Armor type:
    - Robe: +3 Profane bonus to Concentration, +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs, +1 Profane bonus to tactics DCs
    - Light: 2d6 sneak attack damage, +1 Profane bonus to Reflex Saving Throws
    - Medium: +3% Profane bonus to Doublestrike
    - Heavy: 30 DR/Epic, 60 DR/Epic while below 75% health
    - Docent: 10% Profane bonus to Repair amp
    Upgrade:
    Green augment slot
    Negative energy guard on missed (10d6)
    The docent, light armor and medium armor are seriously lacking. And just 20 secs, if so make it also 5% chance to proc on hit

Se the red.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

These items will be Min Level 28.
    This is my biggest problem with a lot of recent gear; the ML is too high.

It should be 20 or 25 for this stuff.

There are a couple of reasons:

- Destinies, TR and eTR mean that characters at 25 (or less, if feasible) will be doing this raid. If you can usefully contribute to the quest, then the loot should be usable by you

- Destinies, TR and eTR means that 'Level 28' is a largely meaningless power indicator. If the ML requirement is to make sure that the gear won't 'overpower' the character, then it is not a good measure, since the bonus due to most of this gear is trivial compared to the bonuses from twists, feats etc.

In this context, I'd even suggest reducing the ML on most, if not all, recent named gear.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    This is my biggest problem with a lot of recent gear; the ML is too high.

It should be 20 or 25 for this stuff.

There are a couple of reasons:

- Destinies, TR and eTR mean that characters at 25 (or less, if feasible) will be doing this raid. If you can usefully contribute to the quest, then the loot should be usable by you

- Destinies, TR and eTR means that 'Level 28' is a largely meaningless power indicator. If the ML requirement is to make sure that the gear won't 'overpower' the character, then it is not a good measure, since the bonus due to most of this gear is trivial compared to the bonuses from twists, feats etc.

In this context, I'd even suggest reducing the ML on most, if not all, recent named gear.
    This pretty much covers the reasons why I think the items should be ML 25 although I have one other reason.

If we are getting Sentient items which are most likely level 30 items at the end of the year that grow in power, there's little reason to make these items useful for only two levels. Also if these items stay at level 28, within the 2 or 3 updates, there will little reason for players to farm or use these items since capped players will be using the Sentient items then. If Sentient items are going to be a focus (if not THE focus) of the new endgame at the end of the year, what is the motive for players to seek these items out? It's not like these items fit the specialty niches that old raid gear did, such as the Torc and Madstone Boots, that players had a reason to run the old raids.

Mats might become a reason to run these raids, but the raid items have a good chance of being as obsolete as Old Epic items when pre-MOTU came out.

Unhappy

Hey everyone. Here are some of the changes we're making to the raid items, after reviewing the feedback from this thread:

[LIST][*]Shadowscale armor will allow you to choose the flavor upgrade and armor type separately[*]We're also adding +15% Melee Alacrity, +20% Ranged Alacrity to the "medium armor style" of the Shadowscale armor
    Medium? Unless we can choose the type of armor; cloth,light,med,heavy, and then add an effects set of our choice this armor is fail. I can't imagine melees swapping their blackscale for this anyway. So, then again, I guess it doesn't matter. Too bad since this armor probably looks cool.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    This pretty much covers the reasons why I think the items...I have one other reason....

...within the 2 or 3 updates, there will little reason for players to farm or use these items ..
    Yeah, that too.

If they were ML20, people would farm them for all TR purposes.

i agree, with the focus lying at (e)tr-ing, the min lv is too high to be bothered with it.
    As far as i can tell (and i could be wrong), the static raid gear (so non armor and WW weapons/orb)
    are sub par anyway, the exp is lackluster etc.

A lot of effort to make the packs but no incentive to buy it so far.
    I can't help it but to feel sory for the poor dev's that spend so many hours creating this.

At least we can all honnestly say we tried our best to help them improve the product

Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    Unless we can choose the type of armor; cloth,light,med,heavy, and then add an effects set of our choice
    That's essentially what is meant by this:

• Shadowscale armor will allow you to choose the flavor upgrade and armor type separately

That's essentially what is meant by this:
    So we can have 30 DR on robes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Yes.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (24 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (28 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (25 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (28 Barb) ~Erofenbless (28 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (28 Cleric Dualbox) ~Erofenten (20 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    yea, this is what we need to make heavy armor still more useless...
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    Yes.
    That makes no sense.

*maybe
    Reroll.

I'm really loving people still complaining that 30/60 DR on robes/docents is unappealing and completely useless. RIP heavy armor. You almost had a chance at something unique.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I'm really loving people still complaining that 30/60 DR on robes/docents is unappealing and completely useless. RIP heavy armor. You almost had a chance at something unique.
    Yup.

If only the game community complained a lot about monks and monk splashes OPness..oh wait. Too bad Devs can't see their own game

*maybe
    Reroll.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast