Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I'll make a plan for them:

Lv30 should have:

+12 stats
    +4 Insightful
    Weapons should be at the next tier (so the Deadly XI we have now will be max. Deadly XII)
    +7 Spell focus DC

Basically a +1 from what we have now. Nothing more.

END OF THE PLAN.
    Agreed here with premise. Maybe even +3-4 profane but nothing in random loot gen should surpass raid loot. Especially this raid loot as this will be our only end game for a while and I really want this to be special to where people really want to run this.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    This is why I suggested that certain Armors get an extra bonus. I'll break it down how I see it with the different bonuses available from the OP that players could choose on their armor:
    * +3 Profane bonus to Concentration on all Armors, except Robes and Outfits get +4 Profane Concentration
    * +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs on all Armors, except Robes get +2 Profane bonus to Spell DC
    * +1 Profane bonus to tactics DCs on all Armors, except Outfits get a +2 Profane bonus to Tactics
    * 2d6 sneak attack damage on all Armors, except Light armors get a 3d6 sneak attack damage
    * +1 Profane bonus to Reflex Saving Throws on all Armors, except Light Armors get a +2 Profane bonus to Reflex saves
    * +3% Profane bonus to Doublestrike on all Armors, except Medium Armors got a +5% Profane Doublestrike
    * 30 DR/Epic, 60 DR/Epic while below 75% health on all Armors, except Heavy Armors get 45 DR/Epic and 75 DR/Epic
    * 10% Profane bonus to Repair amp on all Armors, except Docents get 15% Profane Repair amp

What if players could mix and match what they want? Don't get stuck on the numbers though, since they can be adjusted. But players would be allowed to make the armor with the stuff that they want on those armors. However, certain armors will have an inherently higher bonus that the other armors don't have.

If this was expanded with more options for the players to choose (and each option has a slightly higher bonus on one type of armor) while only being able to choose a handful of the options, I think it would make players much happier. Tactics shouldn't be strictly for monks since other classes can use tactics. Spell DCs shouldn't be just for Robes, since there are Bards and Druids and Clerics and FvS and now Eldritch Knights that don't wear Robes. Sneak attack is useful for all melee classes, but Light armor prevents Ninja Spies from gaining the extra damage. Doublestrike is useful for all melee classes, but again the Medium armor prevents evasion builds from using the armor. And I continue to shake my head at the poor options that WF have with armors in the game...

This mixing and matching solves that problem. It allows players to build an armor that they want. Yet the increased bonuses for particular armor helps prevent something overpowering from happening as Kalevor points. It allows the Devs to reign in some of the enhancements on armors (and builds) from being too powerful.
    This actually is pretty good idea. Not sure why outfits would get +2 tactics dc over heavy armor since my heavy armor fighter who does trips, stuns and sunder would be bummed. But overall it's sound plan

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    It is that point that I quit. End game loot should not be about helping reincarnation. Honestly I and many others hate epic reincarnation and Iam really not a fan of reincarnation overall. We want end game loot that we can farm for out characters stuff that we can use at level 28. If they put nothing for us to use and farm for our 28s we quit. A level 23 item is not useful for a level 28.
    how nice of you, not wanting a lower min level for not being a fan of tr-ing, however some of us actually do like tr-ing.
    a lv 23 item not usefull for 28? is the Esos not stil the best 2hf weapon in the game?
    weren't greensteels perfect for tr-ing and endgame for many years(see what i did there? it caters to more people).

To the loot dev: lowering the min lv to 20 on this or the new sentient weapons is much desired!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    agreed

I do not agree with this. Allow all kind of armors for example will bring you a pajama with 30-60 DR, this is crazy OP... and this only benefits the same classes: monks or monk-split. People, heavy armor need love and if this love is coming from this kind of things make sense to me.
    Well, how about keeping the initial idea where you can customize your armor, but adding a little bit to it:

Base armor - All:

+11 enhancement bonus
    Shade Phase - clicky 20 seconds, 3 uses
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly

Robe & Outfit - +3 Profane Bonus to Concentration
    Light Armor - +1 Profane Bonus to Reflex Saving Throws
    Medium Armor - +1 Profane Bonus to Fortitude Saving Throws
    Heavy Armor - 60 DR (non-epic) when under 75% Health
    Docent - 10% Repair Amp

Then, you can customize it as follows...

Second Tier:

Green Augment Slot
    Negative Energy Guard

Third Tier:

Choose one of the following (and only one) to put on any of the armor types:

+1 Profane Spell DC
    +1 Profane Tactic DC
    30 DR/Epic
    3% Profane Doublestrike
    2d6 Sneak Attack Damage
    10% Positive Energy Amp
    10% Negative Energy Amp
    Greater Displacement
    Last edited by Shorlong; 02-12-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Meet the new loot
    Bad as the old loot

I guess the silver lining to this dark cloud of suckitude is that there's nothing random in there. At least all the lame effects are static, instead of having a bunch of random lame effects.
    Last edited by rest; 02-12-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    no. Spell DCs and tactics DCs are not targeted to same toons.

option 1: power store, +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs
    option 7: +2 Profane bonus to tactics DCs
    That's fine. I was more agreeing with the DR option anyhow.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (21 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Well, how about keeping the initial idea where you can customize your armor, but adding a little bit to it:

Base armor - All:

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly

Docent - 10% Heal Amp

Second Tier:

Green Augment Slot
    Negative Energy Guard

Third Tier:

+1 Profane Spell DC
    +1 Profane Tactic DC
    30 DR/Epic
    3% Profane Doublestrike
    2d6 Sneak Attack Damage
    10% Positive Energy Amp
    10% Negative Energy Amp
    Greater Displacement
    I have to agree with this and some of the ideas before this lines... this is a better option
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Base armor - All:

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly

Docent - 10% Repair Amp

Second Tier:

Green Augment Slot
    Negative Energy Guard

Third Tier:

+1 Profane Spell DC
    +1 Profane Tactic DC
    30 DR/Epic
    3% Profane Doublestrike
    2d6 Sneak Attack Damage
    10% Positive Energy Amp
    10% Negative Energy Amp
    Greater Displacement
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    I have to agree with this and some of the ideas before this lines... this is a better option
    i greatly disagree, +1 fort on that is pathetic

I can agree with others asking for more customizable armor effects except that under no circumstances should the DR 30 or DR 60 be made available on light armor, robes, outfits or docents for players with only composite plating. I can maybe see if they want to put it on the medium armor. The entire point was to make heavy armor more desirable by giving a bonus that in some ways helps offset evasion and monk splashing. If they're just going to give it away on outfits and docents, what's the point of heavy armor at all?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    i greatly disagree, +1 fort on that is pathetic
    But a +1 profane reflex is ok? Remember, the way I have it shown is that that is part of the BASE item, but you can upgrade it to whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I can agree with others asking for more customizable armor effects except that under no circumstances should the DR 30 or DR 60 be made available on light armor, robes, outfits or docents for players with only composite plating. I can maybe see if they want to put it on the medium armor. The entire point was to make heavy armor more desirable by giving a bonus that in some ways helps offset evasion and monk splashing. If they're just going to give it away on outfits and docents, what's the point of heavy armor at all?
    I think we would have to find some concession. I think making the DR 60 (not DR 60/Epic) JUST for the heavy armor, but allowing DR 30/epic to be put on every armor would be just fine. When looking at the other options I have available, I actually doubt many monk or monk splashes would take the DR 30/Epic over other options.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

sorry, but yeah, that one is not great either
    but ref saves are far more important then fort saves to medium armor wearers
    they have huge fort saves as it is (not that they would want that, not when evasion is so important)

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Agreed with you...

however, not sure this will make heavy armors popular again since AC & PRR is all screwed up for tanks.
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    sorry, but yeah, that one is not great either
    but ref saves are far more important then fort saves to medium armor wearers
    they have huge fort saves as it is (not that they would want that, not when evasion is so important)
    What would you put in it's place then? Remember, this is the base item and needs to be on par with every other base armor. I put Fort there because I couldn't think of anything else. I was saving the really nice abilities as the optional third tier.

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. I've got a few answers to some of the questions posted, here. More tomorrow if I can find the time.

• Shadow Phase mimics a Shadar-kai enhancement ability that makes you invisible and move through enemies (http://ddowiki.com/page/Shadar-kai#Core_abilities)
    • We're going to make a higher level version of Stoneskin
    • Ditto for Earthgrab
    • We are planning on having an outfit version of the armor. We were worried about monks looking silly in their stances with robes. We'll split up the abilities posted for robes between the two.
    ok so say you stick with stoneskin right? we all know is useles sin ee since one hit its gone right? what about bumping the % from 5 to 15% or so. That will mean more procs of stoneskin coming in so its a little bit more useful. is that something the devs would be ok with? i mean we are talking about 28 type stuff. so i would assume some of it might be higher or something like that.

I understand as players we want challenging quests but not impossible. we want quick, medium, and long quests. So i just want to see a little balance in the items. So a lot of builds can see use of it not use a few. i do like some of the changes keep up with the tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Cetus says the Negative Energy damage should be replaced with Riposte.

Cetus says this item needs a swim bonus.
    Give it riposte, ~60 damage thorn guard, orange slot, heal amp 20, neg amp 30, dodge 10, greater vicious, exceptional assassinate +1, and a couple other random effects to make it truly question who it's for.

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    ok so say you stick with stoneskin right? we all know is useles sin ee since one hit its gone right?
    Are you sure you know how stoneskin works? Unless it was cast at level 1, you'll get more than one hit out of it. It grants DR10/adamantine until X damage is absorbed. X being 10 x the caster level.

You can argue about the usefulness or lack of usefulness of DR10 at level 28+ if you want, but at least understand how the spell works.

In addition, it's mentioned that a higher level of stoneskin will be used. If he meant a higher DR total, then we could be looking at something much more useful. If he simply meant you get more uses out of DR/10 then it's debatable how useful that would be.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    ok so say you stick with stoneskin right? we all know is useles sin ee since one hit its gone right?
    Stoneskin is never gone in one hit, that's not how it works. If this new higher level of Stoneskin bumps up to more than 10 DR (25 sounds good) and has a significant amount of charges (250+), it could help to take the edge off things a little bit. It's not gonna be the cornerstone of your defense, but it'll take a little sting off of things and would be okay as a 'lesser' effect on an item (ie, you wouldn't wear the item BECAUSE of this, but it's a nice little incidental benefit).

idk, a profane +1 to all saves ?
    helps all builds

Community Member

But a +1 profane reflex is ok? Remember, the way I have it shown is that that is part of the BASE item, but you can upgrade it to whatever you want.

I think we would have to find some concession. I think making the DR 60 (not DR 60/Epic) JUST for the heavy armor, but allowing DR 30/epic to be put on every armor would be just fine. When looking at the other options I have available, I actually doubt many monk or monk splashes would take the DR 30/Epic over other options.

I can agree that not everyone should have the 60/epic DR. however excluding warforged from it entirely is a bad move, as with the addition of bladeforge, warforge tanks arent that uncommon, Are they are able to base stuff off of the body feats other then AC? Granted, if they could then that'd be great, but seeing as how no other docent even attempts that I dont think it is.

1 armor tier worth of overlap:

Cloth or Light options from the Cloth list.
    Cloth Light or Medium options from the Light list.
    Light, Medium or Heavy from the Medium list.
    Medium or Heavy from the Heavy list.

Edit: Seconding the notion of the docent's incorporating the body feats as a built-in penalty/benefit for more flexibility.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast