Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    3. Why do each version of the armors get such different benefits? I mean, I kind of get the reasoning, but why not allow all types on all armors? What about the heavy armor wearing cleric who would like the +1 dc? Or the Warforged Ranger who wants 3% profane doublestrike? Or the light-armor wearing rogue who tanks for his party? Why are they being pigeonholed into these set bonuses instead of allowing us to further customize the armor? We know it's possible, we have something similar with the Altar of Insanity. Allow two items to be added to each armor type. Armor types are Robe, Outfit, Light, Medium, Heavy and Docent. Each can have two of any of the combinations of bonuses. Would this work? It would instantly make everyone a lot happier, but keep the base stats as they are.
    Let me add to the chorus of support for this: this please!

I understand the desire to have different types of armor work thematically, but this game is built to favor diverse builds.

Also, we've been needing some diverse options for endgame armor. Everybody in dragonscale is getting old quickly, especially when black is the only one that is particularly nice.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

I don't think we need another stat inflation over +11.
    But these raid items should have +11 stats/resistance/deadly/accuracy/dodge/you name it.

Sure +11 exists on random gen, but it's rare and finding an item for the right slot with a useful prefix and suffix right now is extremely rare.

Adding +11 affixes would make this loot a lot more desirable without really increasing power creep.
    Just look at the popularity of Shadowsights.

Also - more slots, please.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. I've got a few answers to some of the questions posted, here. More tomorrow if I can find the time.

• Shadow Phase mimics a Shadar-kai enhancement ability that makes you invisible and move through enemies (http://ddowiki.com/page/Shadar-kai#Core_abilities)
    • We're going to make a higher level version of Stoneskin
    • Ditto for Earthgrab
    • We are planning on having an outfit version of the armor. We were worried about monks looking silly in their stances with robes. We'll split up the abilities posted for robes between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    But these raid items should have +11 stats/resistance/deadly/accuracy/dodge/you name it.

Sure +11 exists on random gen, but it's rare and finding an item for the right slot with a useful prefix and suffix right now is extremely rare.

Adding +11 affixes would make this loot a lot more desirable without really increasing power creep.

What Eth said.

+11 stat is fine, no +12 please. But please, that Deception on the Helm should be like Deception VIII (so +8 Attack Rolls and +16 SA dmg). If you put Deadly on the masque as you said, make it a Deadly X or XI.

Get away with Stoneskin. Give that item a perma DR 15/-.
    Earthgrab, to be really useful, should have a DC of 60+ .

Don't worry about monks looking silly. Go and nerf them already (joking..kinda)
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

2014 DDO Players Council

What about the heavy armor wearing cleric who would like the +1 dc?
    Yes, what about us? +DC on Heavy, please.

Like I said earlier, just put ALL tho benefits combined on all the armors. They're really not that powerful that it'd be overpowered for any particular build.

I agree with the above posters make the items so that we crave them and therefore really want to run these raids pls

Armor ok, shield is nice but others are a little meh...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

I will hold off on making comments on Stoneskin and earthgrab until I see the new higher level versions. The outfit version of the armor is a welcome change. However, the three biggest glaring issues still stand, so I am hoping tomorrow you do find some time, as we would LOVE to hear more answers/reasoning. The big things are:

1. Why no slots on most of the items?
    2. I get that we don't need weapons, as we have the Wyrm Wrought crafting. However, why only 8 items between two raids? You could at least add two more items per raid, it wouldn't be great, but better than it is now at least.
    agreed
    3. Why do each version of the armors get such different benefits? I mean, I kind of get the reasoning, but why not allow all types on all armors? What about the heavy armor wearing cleric who would like the +1 dc? Or the Warforged Ranger who wants 3% profane doublestrike? Or the light-armor wearing rogue who tanks for his party? Why are they being pigeonholed into these set bonuses instead of allowing us to further customize the armor? We know it's possible, we have something similar with the Altar of Insanity. Allow two items to be added to each armor type. Armor types are Robe, Outfit, Light, Medium, Heavy and Docent. Each can have two of any of the combinations of bonuses. Would this work? It would instantly make everyone a lot happier, but keep the base stats as they are.
    I do not agree with this. Allow all kind of armors for example will bring you a pajama with 30-60 DR, this is crazy OP... and this only benefits the same classes: monks or monk-split. People, heavy armor need love and if this love is coming from this kind of things make sense to me.
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

Like I said earlier, just put ALL tho benefits combined on all the armors. They're really not that powerful that it'd be overpowered for any particular build.
    I agree esp. if this is going to take some grind, make it worth it pls
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

What we need is a well-conceived plan, on the part of DEVS, regarding stat bonuses on items and how high they are expected to get when they do their "final" level cap at 30. Whatever that is, Stat bonuses on these items should have a minimum of that stat bonus, or 2 higher, so items with stats from these raids do not become largely irrelevant (like for example stormreavers tablecloth). I imagined it as +14ish. If noone wants anymore stat creep and leave it at 11 forever thats one thing and could be ok. But whatever this raid gives I don't want to see better in lootgen or even in a raid next year.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    What we need is a well-conceived plan, on the part of DEVS, regarding stat bonuses on items and how high they are expected to get when they do their "final" level cap at 30. Whatever that is, Stat bonuses on these items should have a minimum of that stat bonus, or 2 higher, so items with stats from these raids do not become largely irrelevant (like for example stormreavers tablecloth). I imagined it as +14ish. If noone wants anymore stat creep and leave it at 11 forever thats one thing and could be ok. But whatever this raid gives I don't want to see better in lootgen or even in a raid next year.
    I'll make a plan for them:

Lv30 should have:

+12 stats
    +4 Insightful
    Weapons should be at the next tier (so the Deadly XI we have now will be max. Deadly XII)
    +7 Spell focus DC

Basically a +1 from what we have now. Nothing more.

END OF THE PLAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

For the armour variations, please look back at greensteel, the best and most liked crafting in the game.

You get the base armour (light, medium, heavy, plate, docent, robe, outfit)
    +11 enhancement bonus
    Shade Phase - clicky 20 seconds, 3 uses
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly

Then as an upgrade apply the effect you want from the pool of effects.
    - +3 Profane bonus to Concentration, +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs, +1 Profane bonus to tactics DCs
    - 2d6 sneak attack damage, +1 Profane bonus to Reflex Saving Throws
    - +3% Profane bonus to Doublestrike
    - 30 DR/Epic, 60 DR/Epic while below 75% health
    - 10% Profane bonus to Repair amp

More Upgrades (next tier):
    Green augment slot
    Negative energy guard on missed (10d6)

this lets everyone get the effect that is suitable for them.

Quie frankly on my main a Warforged, I'd rather keep my Black Dragonscale Docent than 10% heal amp.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    I do not agree with this. Allow all kind of armors for example will bring you a pajama with 30-60 DR, this is crazy OP... and this only benefits the same classes: monks or monk-split. People, heavy armor need love and if this love is coming from this kind of things make sense to me.
    This is why I suggested that certain Armors get an extra bonus. I'll break it down how I see it with the different bonuses available from the OP that players could choose on their armor:
    * +3 Profane bonus to Concentration on all Armors, except Robes and Outfits get +4 Profane Concentration
    * +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs on all Armors, except Robes get +2 Profane bonus to Spell DC
    * +1 Profane bonus to tactics DCs on all Armors, except Outfits get a +2 Profane bonus to Tactics
    * 2d6 sneak attack damage on all Armors, except Light armors get a 3d6 sneak attack damage
    * +1 Profane bonus to Reflex Saving Throws on all Armors, except Light Armors get a +2 Profane bonus to Reflex saves
    * +3% Profane bonus to Doublestrike on all Armors, except Medium Armors get a +5% Profane Doublestrike
    * 30 DR/Epic, 60 DR/Epic while below 75% health on all Armors, except Heavy Armors get 45 DR/Epic and 75 DR/Epic
    * 10% Profane bonus to Repair amp on all Armors, except Docents get 15% Profane Repair amp

What if players could mix and match what they want? Don't get stuck on the numbers though, since they can be adjusted. But players would be allowed to make the armor with the stuff that they want on those armors. However, certain armors will have an inherently higher bonus that the other armors don't have.

If this was expanded with more options for the players to choose (and each option has a slightly higher bonus on one type of armor) while only being able to choose a handful of the options, I think it would make players much happier. Tactics shouldn't be strictly for monks since other classes can use tactics. Spell DCs shouldn't be just for Robes, since there are Bards and Druids and Clerics and FvS and now Eldritch Knights that don't wear Robes. Sneak attack is useful for all melee classes, but Light armor prevents Ninja Spies from gaining the extra damage. Doublestrike is useful for all melee classes, but again the Medium armor prevents evasion builds from using the armor. And I continue to shake my head at the poor options that WF have with armors in the game...

This mixing and matching solves that problem. It allows players to build an armor that they want. Yet the increased bonuses for particular armor helps prevent something overpowering from happening as Kalevor points. It allows the Devs to reign in some of the enhancements on armors (and builds) from being too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I'll make a plan for them:

Lv30 should have:

+12 stats
    +4 Insightful
    Weapons should be at the next tier (so the Deadly XI we have now will be max. Deadly XII)
    +7 Spell focus DC

Basically a +1 from what we have now. Nothing more.

END OF THE PLAN.
    wizza, the only new item with +11 stats is an orb. I will be happy if Octo give us a permanent object with +11 stats. At least it would be useful. With an orb you are condemned to never change to other weapon for that hand, and never use a qstaff.

This new pack feels awful :/

Dr. Octo, can we obtain Power Store bonus in any item? In the armor perhaps? +1 DC and power store are enticing for a caster.
    Last edited by Iriale; 02-12-2014 at 06:04 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

Red Dragon Raid (Fire On Thunder Peak)

Dethek Runestone
    Shield
    Made of stone
    Natural armor bonus +10
    Exceptional Devotion: +10 Exceptional Bonus to Healing Spell Power
    Permanent Efficacy: +20 Alchemical Bonus to Universal Spell Power
    Runic Revitalization: On Positive Energy Spell Cast: You have a 10% chance to gain 100 Temporary Hit Points and 50 Temporary Spell Points for 60 seconds. This effect can trigger once per 120 seconds
    Stone Paws: In Animal Form, Gain +[W] and DR 15/Adamantine

AC isnt needed, more [W] required so animal forms not centered arnt so far behind centered wrap users and a slot be great

Shadow Dracolich Raid (Temple of the Deathwyrm)
    Dumathoin's Bracers
    Bracers
    Natural armor +10
    30 Elemental Resistance
    PRR +30

PRR is ofcouse nice, again though why AC?? ele resist maybe +10 inherant and add slot

Battlerager's Harness
    Belt
    Obvious Target: Increase all threat by 30%
    Raging Focus: While Raged, +6 Enhancement Bonus to Saves vs. Enchantments
    Spiked: On Melee or Unarmed Attack: Do an additional 1d4 Piercing damage
    Vengeful Fury: On Taking Damage: Gain a 12% Enhancement Bonus to Doublestrike and a +4 Rage Bonus to your Attack Bonus (duration: 45 cooldown: 60)
    Spike Guard: On Being Hit in Melee: Chance to do 10d20+500 Piercing Damage to the Attacker

Looks interesting, Spiked should be an improved version

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor
    (Item not found but forged from shadow dragon scales. Costs for base version and upgrade roughly equivalent to first & second tier of Thunderholme forged weapons)

+11 enhancement bonus
    Shade Phase - clicky 20 seconds, 3 uses
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly
    By Armor type:
    - Robe: +3 Profane bonus to Concentration, +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs, +1 Profane bonus to tactics DCs
    - Light: 2d6 sneak attack damage, +1 Profane bonus to Reflex Saving Throws
    - Medium: +3% Profane bonus to Doublestrike
    - Heavy: 30 DR/Epic, 60 DR/Epic while below 75% health
    - Docent: 10% Profane bonus to Repair amp

Upgrade:
    Green augment slot
    Negative energy guard on missed (10d6)

Would like to see more customization options, for end game armor be nice to be different from other builds
    Replies in yellow, id also like to see more sources of Heal amp, doublestrike and stunning on non weapons, add some augment slots to these too

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I've got a few answers to some of the questions posted, here. More tomorrow if I can find the time.

• Shadow Phase mimics a Shadar-kai enhancement ability that makes you invisible and move through enemies (http://ddowiki.com/page/Shadar-kai#Core_abilities)
    • Ditto for Earthgrab
    • We are planning on having an outfit version of the armor. We were worried about monks looking silly in their stances with robes. We'll split up the abilities posted for robes between the two.
    Judging by your non-response, I'm guessing that higher difficulties will not offer any more reward for the extra challenge (except this minor increase in drop rates which has always been a joke/myth due to its infinitesimal nature). So is there any reason run EE/EH ever?

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    In the interest of constructive criticism, I decided to go back and propose changes which would make these items much more desirable in my opinion, but hopefully without creating too much power creep.
    I like all your changes a lot, except they probably shouldn't preslot all those augment slots... Instead they should make all those +3 insight augments drop in-game (rarely).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

I'd like to see ALL the benefits on all the armors... OR... add the lower stage to the next stage...

So heavy armor has everything, medium has everything except the heavy armor DR stuff, light has the robe and light bonuses only, robes just have the robes bonus.

The people in the heavier armors need the extra bonuses more than the casters and monks in robes.

Not sure how to handle docents... BF are already pretty powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I like all your changes a lot, except they probably shouldn't preslot all those augment slots... Instead they should make all those +3 insight augments drop in-game (rarely).
    It does have some issues with those augments dropping on the items. Some people would be looting the item just for the augment which leads to drama. My point was to try to suggest an unbound/bta set of items exclusive to the raids to keep players coming back once they have the loot they want. From what I'm hearing, all the crafting mats will be btc. Having an unbound/bta option worked for shroud and it worked for ToD. It's a reason to bring alts or finished characters into the raid.

In order to decrease drama, the set of 6 augments could just drop in the raid chest separately as bta loot. I'd suggest keeping them exclusive to these two raids and keeping them OUT of the store, at least while these raids are endgame options. They did away with tomes as raid loot. This was just a suggestion to infuse raids with another item similar to tomes to keep people coming back. My opinion is that there should always be some unbound or bta option in raid loot tables to encourage playing the raid after the loot is done/outdated.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 02-12-2014 at 07:58 AM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    In fact it would be great to let us choose the effect on the armor

- option 1: +3 Profane bonus to Concentration, +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs, +1 Profane bonus to tactics DCs
    - option 2: 2d6 sneak attack damage, +1 Profane bonus to Reflex Saving Throws
    - option 3: +3% Profane bonus to Doublestrike MAKE SURE it functions as both Melee and Ranged Double strike like Skirmisher's Bracers
    - option 4: 30 DR, 60 DR while below 75% health GET RID OFF DR/Epic
    - option 5: 10% Profane bonus to Repair amp
    - Option 6: 10% Profane Heal amp
    This! Definitely This! Please Doc. Oc. let us choose this part instead of lumping it in to where some won't benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by xoowak View Post
    Consider that 100% of players actually able to obtain this armor will already have deathblock and fortification on other items/slots, and most will also have a source of ghostly, so you're adding very little. I'm all for slot consolidation, but crafted armor from *the* endgame raid really needs something more.
    I would propose changing the deathblock to a permanent Death Ward (it is endgame no?), Fortification seems fine, please replace ghostly with 50 Fire Resistance (Useful in both endgame raids), and it desperately needs one more slot at least, even if just colorless.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (21 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    This! Definitely This! Please Doc. Oc. let us choose this part instead of lumping it in to where some won't benefit.

I would propose changing the deathblock to a permanent Death Ward (it is endgame no?), Fortification seems fine, please replace ghostly with 50 Fire Resistance (Useful in both endgame raids), and it desperately needs one more slot at least, even if just colorless.
    no. Spell DCs and tactics DCs are not targeted to same toons.

option 1: power store, +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs
    option 7: +2 Profane bonus to tactics DCs
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

• Ditto for Earthgrab

I guess I kinda expected a little more Back and forth in the thread... 168 response at this point.

If Turbine is going to use Lammania for feedback and communication from now on, they need to give you time to do that.

I guess I really didnt expect that to happen anyway.... Look at you posting well after normal business hours as it is....

I'm not Upset with You Dr.O. I just see this process failing before it gets off the ground.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast