Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Update 21 Treasure Preview - Named Raid Treasure

Ladies 'n Gents, last week I posted a preview of our non-raid treasure here. Now I am pleased to draw the curtains on the main event, the named items planned for U21's two raids. As you most likely know, there is also a "dwarven forge" system that will let you build weapons. I'll post about that, which most of you already have some knowledge of, probably tomorrow. To complement that mechanic, these items will be found as-is in among raid treasure (with one exception).

As always, your feedback here warms the cockles of our hearts (whatever those are).

These items will be Min Level 28. They do not come in three power tiers, but are found more frequently on hard and even more frequently on elite runs of the raid.

Red Dragon Raid (Fire On Thunder Peak)

Dethek Runestone
    Shield
    Made of stone
    Natural armor bonus +10
    Exceptional Devotion: +10 Exceptional Bonus to Healing Spell Power
    Permanent Efficacy: +20 Alchemical Bonus to Universal Spell Power
    Runic Revitalization: On Positive Energy Spell Cast: You have a 10% chance to gain 100 Temporary Hit Points and 50 Temporary Spell Points for 60 seconds. This effect can trigger once per 120 seconds
    Stone Paws: In Animal Form, Gain +[W] and DR 15/Adamantine

Dragon Masque
    Head
    Exceptional Sneak attack bonus +5
    Deception: +3 enhancement bonus to Bluff checks, On Hit: 5% to cause Bluff
    Permanent Nihil: +30 Alchemical Bonus to Negative Energy Spell Power
    Shadow Spike: On Damage: Do an additional 2d6 Negative Energy damage

Ward Token Ring
    Ring
    Earthen Guard: On being hit, 5% chance that Stone Skin will be cast on you
    Earth Grab Guard (new, higher DC)
    Grant diehard feat
    Holding On: Your range of unconsciousness extends by 40 hit points
    Protection +10 (deflection bonus to armor class)
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot

Meridian Fragment

Orange Augment (unbound, only fits in orange augment slots)
    This item provides the user with a -6 SP Cost to Maximized Spells* and a stacking 1 to 4 Force damage when they are magically damaged.

Shadow Dracolich Raid (Temple of the Deathwyrm)
    Dumathoin's Bracers
    Bracers
    Natural armor +10
    30 Elemental Resistance
    PRR +30

Dark Diversion

Necklace
    Occultation: Decrease all threat generated by 20%
    Assassinate DC +4
    Move Silently bonus +20
    Hide bonus +20
    Colorless augment slot

Battlerager's Harness
    Belt
    Obvious Target: Increase all threat by 30%
    Raging Focus: While Raged, +6 Enhancement Bonus to Saves vs. Enchantments
    Spiked: On Melee or Unarmed Attack: Do an additional 1d4 Piercing damage
    Vengeful Fury: On Taking Damage: Gain a 12% Enhancement Bonus to Doublestrike and a +4 Rage Bonus to your Attack Bonus (duration: 45 cooldown: 60)
    Spike Guard: On Being Hit in Melee: Chance to do 10d20+500 Piercing Damage to the Attacker

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor
    (Item not found but forged from shadow dragon scales. Costs for base version and upgrade roughly equivalent to first & second tier of Thunderholme forged weapons)

+11 enhancement bonus
    Shade Phase - clicky 20 seconds, 3 uses
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly
    By Armor type:
    - Robe: +3 Profane bonus to Concentration, +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs, +1 Profane bonus to tactics DCs
    - Light: 2d6 sneak attack damage, +1 Profane bonus to Reflex Saving Throws
    - Medium: +3% Profane bonus to Doublestrike
    - Heavy: 30 DR/Epic, 60 DR/Epic while below 75% health
    - Docent: 10% Profane bonus to Repair amp

Upgrade:
    Green augment slot
    Negative energy guard on missed (10d6)

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Cool. Thanks for communicating with us. It is greatly appreciated. Keep up the communicating! Cheers! Hope you feel better soon(from that stomach bug). :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Cetus says the belt needs a slot.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Just a note: the belt is bugged and is doing damage to the wearer (around 600 per hit), the good news though is the proc rate was 100%, not sure if that's likely to change.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Amazing. Really had no problem with all of them and was impressed with it all, though I do wish the medium armor version came with a little more doublestrike. Definitely a positive loot table!
    Keep on rollin'.

Concerning the belt. Wouldn't this be better as a threat reduction item? We remember when Red Fens hit and the best dps item also increased threat. This belt has a rage theme and is useless for the tanks that might actually want the threat gen and giving it to the other melee that, if anything, want to be producing less threat. It may seem nitpicky, but I've never really understood why barbarian enhancements and themed items have a way of increasing threat. I'd prefer to see more items with threat reduction in that area so that striker role characters can add dps without adding unnecessary threat at the same time. A tank type character already has a hard time overcoming the massive extra dps from the other melee. When you start adding in dps items that also increase threat that just makes it even harder on a toon built to hold aggro.

I do like the theme on the heavy shadow scale armor. In EE, basically your first hit or two will knock you into the lower 75% of your hp anyway so 1 or 2 chained hits sets up the big DR. It's a shame that warforged/bladeforged can't take advantage of this and the other armor bonuses. 10% repair amp feels very weak by comparison to even 3% doublestrike.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 02-10-2014 at 08:59 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Dethek Runestone
    Shield
    Made of stone
    Natural armor bonus +10
    Runic Revitalization: On Positive Energy Spell Cast: You have a 10% chance to gain 100 Temporary Hit Points and 50 Temporary Spell Points for 60 seconds. This effect can trigger once per 120 seconds
    Sweet, a druid shield. It looks shiny. Only concern is: will the +[w] be enough of a bonus to raise animal form druids out of flavor only status?

Dragon Masque
    Head
    I don't understand the theme of this item. It is a dragon item gained from red dragons, but is all about negative energy, and sneak attack. It would make more sense if it was in the shadow dragon raid. What characters do you envision using this item? The shadow spike is that on weapon damage, on melee/ranged damage specifically, on spell damage, or on any damage you do?

Ward Token Ring
    Ring
    Grant diehard feat
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot
    Will the stoneskin proc be a higher caster level than the heroic version?At the heroic caster level it is pretty worthless at and near cap. The rest of this looks interesting. I can see using it on my shadar-kai that gets up faster after being knocked unconscious.

Meridian Fragment

This item provides the user with a -6 SP Cost to Maximized Spells* and a stacking 1 to 4 Force damage when they are magically damaged.
    When you say stacking do you mean that If I had 6 of these slotted then it would be 6-24 damage? this augment looks shiny to me either way.

Dumathoin's Bracers
    Bracers
    Natural armor +10
    30 Elemental Resistance
    PRR +30
    30 elemental resistance is a joke. You get that from ship buffs and other items at that level are giving you 40 or more. It needs to be higher. Also I think this item needs an augment slot.

Battlerager's Harness
    Belt
    Vengeful Fury: On Taking Damage: Gain a 12% Enhancement Bonus to Doublestrike and a +4 Rage Bonus to your Attack Bonus (duration: 45 cooldown: 60)
    Spike Guard: On Being Hit in Melee: Chance to do 10d20+500 Piercing Damage to the Attacker
    I have a character that wants this right now. It looks shiny, I like it.

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor
    (Item not found but forged from shadow dragon scales. Costs for base version and upgrade roughly equivalent to first & second tier of Thunderholme forged weapons)

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly
    By Armor type:
    - Robe: +3 Profane bonus to Concentration, +1 Profane bonus to Spell DCs, +1 Profane bonus to tactics DCs

Upgrade:
    Green augment slot
    What does the clickie do? Since the deathblock ability has teirs now, what tier of it will this have?
    I am excited for the heavy armor for several characters.
    The docent pretty much blows. Warforged casters will be even farther behind on DCs, Warforged tanks will be far, far behind on DR... not much compares to DR 30-60. I think it needs more. Adding in greater(or maybe make a higher teir of this for the much higher level of the item) auto repair would be nice, and fit well with the repair amp. Hey you know what would be really nice, immunity to stuns, diseases, and poisons of all kinds. Putting that on the docent would be pretty awesome.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Concerning the belt. Wouldn't this be better as a threat reduction item? We remember when Red Fens hit and the best dps item also increased threat. This belt has a rage theme and is useless for the tanks that might actually want the threat gen and giving it to the other melee that, if anything, want to be producing less threat. It may seem nitpicky, but I've never really understood why barbarian enhancements and themed items have a way of increasing threat. I'd prefer to see more items with threat reduction in that area so that striker role characters can add dps without adding unnecessary threat at the same time. A tank type character already has a hard time overcoming the massive extra dps from the other melee. When you start adding in dps items that also increase threat that just makes it even harder on a toon built to hold aggro.
    The Belt only adds 1-4 damage per strike. That is not much damage. ALL of its other abilties are about being hit. The wearer of this belt wants aggro. Threat amp is right for it. It isn't a DPS belt, its a tanking belt, and with it's guards, might actually bring a tank out of obscurity (depends on what the proc rates are when it hits live).
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

I think more of those items would deserve augment slot as a bonus...
    they look also nice as they are but they have a potential to look even better for a min lv 28 ^^

How does the armor look at a sight?
    Last edited by Czekojin; 02-10-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Dumathoin's Bracers
    Bracers
    Natural armor +10
    30 Elemental Resistance
    PRR +30
    Cetus says this should have Dex +11 and a blue slot
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Ladies 'n Gents, last week I posted a preview of our non-raid treasure here. Now I am pleased to draw the curtains on the main event, the named items planned for U21's two raids. As you most likely know, there is also a "dwarven forge" system that will let you build weapons. I'll post about that, which most of you already have some knowledge of, probably tomorrow. To complement that mechanic, these items will be found as-is in among raid treasure (with one exception).

As always, your feedback here warms the cockles of our hearts (whatever those are).

These items will be Min Level 28. They do not come in three power tiers, but are found more frequently on hard and even more frequently on elite runs of the raid.

Dethek Runestone
    Shield
    Made of stone
    Natural armor bonus +10

don't use shields, couldn't care any less about this item

Dragon Masque
    Head

exceptional sneak 5 at ML 28? We already have exceptional sneak 5 at level 20. Weak.
    deception is ok i guess. enhancement bonus to bluff won't stack with other equipment. kind of wasted.
    good for pale masters, but none of the other things on this item are worth wearing on one. thumbs down.
    2d6 guard damage? HA. Unless you mean when the person wearing the helmet does 2d6 neg energy damage. still stupid, but at least its on hit. Assuming that's what you mean.

Ward Token Ring
    Ring
    Grant diehard feat
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot

What level stone skin? What % chance to proc?
    guards in general are meh, since if you're running on tougher difficulties, you don't want to get hit. With that said, I love my rock boots' earthgrab guard. One of the better guards IMO.
    diehard... ok. what are the odds that you'll simply be knocked unconscious rather than outright killed? i guess paired with the +40 range, it's more useful.
    protection 10? lol ac.
    slots are ok. needs a red slot. or orange.

Meridian Fragment

I don't even know what items have an orange slot? only weapons? Meh.
    1d4 force damage? unless this is amped up 5x by spell power, why even put this on there?

Dumathoin's Bracers
    Bracers
    Natural armor +10
    30 Elemental Resistance
    PRR +30

natural armour is a joke (see protection comment above)
    draconic soul gem covers resists.
    PRR 30 is ok, but you can get 24 elsewhere. Nothing else on these bracers make me want to give up what i'm currently wearing for 6 PRR.

Dark Diversion

Necklace
    Assassinate DC +4
    Move Silently bonus +20
    Hide bonus +20
    Colorless augment slot

-threat for a rogue is good.
    FINALLY another place for +assassinate DC side from an outdated weapon or RR iconic gear. Why only +4?
    hide/move silent are good fro an assassin. I don't generally sneak anywhere, but i guess this is ok.
    needs a better augment slot. yellow, for blindness immunity. because i hate being blind.

Battlerager's Harness
    Belt

+threat is meh. anyone in earth stance that wears this is never gonna give aggro up, never gonna let aggro down, never gonna run around and desert aggro.
    aren't resistance items already an enchantment bonus? If so, those wearing a +10 resistance item will find this lackluster. If it stack, maybe ok.
    1d4 extra piercing damage at level 28? why bother.
    12% doublestrike is cool, but having to be hit for it to trigger is lame. I'm glad it has a longer duration that we've seen recently on other effects.
    damage guards are lame.

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly
    By Armor type:

Upgrade:
    Green augment slot

really trying to get people to play NON bladeforged casters eh? +1 profane DC is ok, if you're going for all out DCs. +3 concentration is useless. As hard as mobs hit, you'd need a concentration score of 120+ to make it worthwhile. It's doubtful that people are sitting at 117, waiting for 3 more.
    Does this come in outfit form, or are you relegating monks to wear dresses, if they really want that +1 DC?
    I don't have anyone who wears light armor, but 2d6 is LAME for an armor you have to assemble.
    I don't have a single character who wears medium armor.
    Heavy armor is pretty sweet. Not that I have anyone who wears it, but 60 DR/Epic is awesome, even if it requires you to be below a HP threshold. Of course that just leads people to make million HP tanks who hit like a wet noodle and can't hold aggro. But they have 60 epic dr!!!
    That docent is garbage.
    thoughts in blue

Also, there are only 4 raid items per raid? That's... I don't even have words for that. Nothing compelling enough for me loot-wise to bother with the raid. My assassin hasn't been an assassin in a while. Now he is a DPS rogue. It looks like you're trying to resurrect tanking gear. Good luck. Tanks are stupid IMO, so any development time dedicated to them is wasted. Personal opinion.

I don't know, it fells like you're absolutely terrified to give people good, new, powerful loot. That's sad. Oh well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takllin View Post
    Cetus says the belt needs a slot.
    All named items should have a slot.

All raid items should have 2 slots.

This is how it should have been from Day 1 of Augments.

Dethek Runestone
    Shield
    Made of stone
    Natural armor bonus +10

Interesting design. Glad the druids were remembered when this was made, and that it's actually a good divine shield in general. My roommate's cleric will enjoy this.

Dragon Masque
    Head

Change Shadow spike to a burst ability, 2d6 each hit, then do something like 4d6 on x2, 5d6 on x3, and 6d6 on x4. That would make it more appealing (plus I miss the old burst stuff.)

Ward Token Ring
    Ring
    Grant diehard feat
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot

What level stoneskin (make it like uber maximized max level possible, 240+)? Holding on doesn't seem all that interesting, diehard isn't all that interesting, and hopefully the earth grab is actually a really high dc. I can see this maybe being used on some builds.

Meridian Fragment[/B]

What is going on with this? Orange augment that gives a tiny bit more force damage per offensive spellcast? Does this count once for Magic missile or for each missile? This will go well with that lantern ring that does much of the same thing.

Dumathoin's Bracers
    Bracers
    Natural armor +10
    30 Elemental Resistance
    PRR +30

Highest source of PRR in the game, elemental resistance being all of them? Can we make it exceptional +10 instead to compliment what we have now instead?

Dark Diversion

Necklace
    Assassinate DC +4
    Move Silently bonus +20
    Hide bonus +20
    Colorless augment slot

Right here. If this is a different bonus than the midnight's and/or the shadarkai dagger, that makes this item EVEN BETTER!!! Thank you oh so much for finally helping the assassins. I don't even have one and I'm glad you're helping them out.

Battlerager's Harness
    Belt

When you get the thornguard on this fixed, this will be an absolutely amazing item for any and all melee. It's especially awesome for a Sword and Board tank style/DDD build which is what it seems to be directly aimed at.

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly
    By Armor type:

Upgrade:
    Green augment slot

What are the MDB's on these currently? Please make sure they're not that low (same thing with the PDK shield. 2 Dex bonus means that shield is so far on the low end of defense that it's not even funny) so that these aren't thrown into oblivion. Also, change the Heavy armour dr bonus to a consistent one, instead of the one based on HP. I believe that at level 28, having 60dr on the armour that will only really be worn by tanks would not be something so totally overpowered, considering the huge hit to Dodge you'll take.

Comments in Gold.

Overall yes the gear list does seem a bit underwhelming, though I can see the general idea of where everything is heading.
    Last edited by Nightmanis; 02-10-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Also, I've actually grown really fond of the whole EN/EH/EE system. It made running higher difficulties more worth it.

Community Member

Default Thats it ?

I like the way some of it looks .... I guess it's kool to exclude ranged players when creating new loot . no doubleshot or anything explicitly for ranged theres a bunch for casters and melee , Now you can say there is 2 dps items that affect ranged as well . One of them will compete for dragon helm , But then again black dragon set bonus never offered an artifact bonus for ranged users to begin with cause helm was out before doubleshot came into play i guess .

but 8 named items in 2 end game raids and a few wilderness items isn't enough , EVen with the crafting items it's kinda bleh .

Not that there not bad . Nice job on what you created but i feel left out and there's not enough !!

This loot is really underwhelming, and unless the Wyrm Wrought system has a big overhaul tomorrow, this is a serious disappointment.

Four items for each raid? Really? That is far too low, especially when this gear is designed towards flavor builds and doesn't have much general, practical use. Stoneskin proc is just horrible. 10 DR, in Epic Hard, not even talking about Epic Elite is just garbage. That;s nothing.

Double the amount of raid loot, all items should have a slot, and make stuff that is practical for the majority of builds, not niche things like a Fleshie melee Pale Master...

Really makes me question how in touch loot developers are with the game when stuff is this bizarre. It is going to become the new "endgame" for the next few months at least, and it has very little appeal to it. There will not be much drive or want to run these raids outside of favor and a change in pace occasionally.
    Last edited by Takllin; 02-10-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

You forgot to post the new runearm. When can we expect details on that?

Boo. why do you not choose to reward based on difficulty.
    What is the point of running content at a more difficult level for a slight increase in the chance at the same rewards
    So we will run this elite once for favor then repetitive easy mode after that.
    Stupid system as far as I am concerned to not reward for challenging yourselves to more difficult content.

Dethek Runestone
    Shield
    Made of stone
    Natural armor bonus +10

A usable druid shield.. sure why not...

Dragon Masque
    Head
    Pft...
    not going to give up my draconic (two slots and more benefit) or random junk helm or even my greensteel for this subpar helm.. not even a slot....
    ..got to at least give it an augment slot

Ward Token Ring
    Ring
    Grant diehard feat
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot

interesting.. and it has 2 slots

Meridian Fragment
    This looks interesting.. tough part will be finding a useful orange slot item to put this on other than the new Wyrm-wrought
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...rholm+crafting

This will probably be something I will be on the lookout for

Dumathoin's Bracers
    Bracers
    Natural armor +10
    30 Elemental Resistance
    PRR +30
    sad just worthlessly sad...
    The PRR is the only desirable thing here, and no slots = no thanks. weaksauce..

Dark Diversion

Necklace
    Assassinate DC +4
    Move Silently bonus +20
    Hide bonus +20
    Colorless augment slot
    Nice Rogue Assassin item, don't forsee any real conflicts with other rogue items.
    I will likely look at this for my rogue.

Battlerager's Harness
    Belt
    Looks pretty decent.. would be better with a slot.
    Will probably wait for
    DDO to fix this before looking at it for use on any toon as proc'ing Spike guard on yourself is not very useful.

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly
    By Armor type:

Upgrade:
    Green augment slot
    interesting, not great, but potential workability for those without litany
    Robe, Light should have been standard on all armor types
    then have Medium add the 3% doublestrike
    and Heavy add the medium aror bonus and the PRR bonus.
    Docent adds bonus for repair and the Medium/Heavy based on body type.... ( I am guessing you screwed Docents and WF because of the whiners crying about OP self repairing BF on the forums...)

No set bonus?...????....
    All in all, its alright as long as it is not fugly...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 07-18-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Let's not talk about cockles....

Dethek Runestone
    Shield
    Made of stone
    Natural armor bonus +10
    Love it! Fantastic for my bear tank, fantastic for a druid caster, fantastic for my hjealing cleric.

Dragon Masque
    Head
    This one is a little confusing. It's not terrible, but I'm not sure what it's supposed to be for. Just a PM? If so, add a negative energy amp, something to increase negative healing at higher levels. Also, lore wise, how does this fit with this raid. I get the two red dragons are working for the shadow dragon, but this just seems to fit, thematically, with the other raid. Also, no slot = wha?!

Ward Token Ring
    Ring
    Grant diehard feat
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot
    I like the premise, I am worried about a few things. Stone Skin is a great spell, but at level 28 EE, it lasts for around two-three hits. What level will this cast at? And the Earth Grab guard, higher dc is good, but what is the DC? If it's too low, you take a great item I want for several toons and make it almost pointless.

Meridian Fragment

It's kind of underwhelming for a raid item.

Dumathoin's Bracers
    Bracers
    Natural armor +10
    30 Elemental Resistance
    PRR +30[B]
    Love the 30 PRR, hate that there is no slot, and 30 resist is meh. +10 stacking resist and a blue slot, and you've got a winner.

Dark Diversion
    Necklace
    Assassinate DC +4
    Move Silently bonus +20
    Hide bonus +20
    Colorless augment slot
    Love it. Absolutely LOVE it. This mixed with the trinket from HH makes me wonder if you guys are REALLY pushing the Shadar Kai thing but sweetening the pot . I won't complain, I have three shadar kais and they have become my new favorite toons. That said, does this assassinate bonus stack with the shadar kai ring?

Battlerager's Harness
    Belt
    Yes, I'll take five, ty.

Shadowscale Armor
    Armor

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly
    By Armor type:
    You have me excited and intrigued. What is the shade phase? Is it just a shadow walk style thing? Or more like the shadow cookies?

Still not wanting to do an outfit? Well, at least you made it so that this ISN'T just for casters.

My shadar kai assassin thanks you for this one. My Shadar Kai Henshin-Acrobat, however, hates you for not allowing the bonus on the robe as well

Not bad at all.

This. This is awesome. My cleric and my bear druid will both be after this. Nicely done.

This is just sad. I understand the whole docent thing is different, but WF and BF fill just as many roles as other builds (I only have 1 BF, so it's not like I'm defending it because I'm a huge fan...). It's not really fair that we can have nice things but a BF paladin tank is stuck with just the profane bonus. If nothing else, make it like this.

- Magic Docent: +3 Profane Concentration, +1 Profane spell DC
    - Light Docent: 2d6 Sneak attack, +1 profane tactic DC
    - Medium Docent: +3% Profane Doublestrike
    - Heavy Docent: 30 DR/Epic, 10% Profane Repair

That way, they have options as well for different classes and aren't left out.

Upgrade:
    Green augment slot
    Sounds good to me!
    Last edited by Shorlong; 02-10-2014 at 10:49 PM.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

First point of feedback: you need more items here! I hope that this is just a rollout of what you have so far, and that you're planning others, but if not you should be doing that. 4 items for each raid? That's faaar too few.

Second point: all of these should have augment slots. Do you recall the players' reaction when Red Fens came out and none of the items had augment slots? There is no reason to not have them, and including slots ensures that the items will appeal to more than 1 or two character types, and will be able to fit in someone's gear. I'll tell you that one of the worst feelings is to work out all of your gear, slot everything you need, then get a new item that should be an awesome improvement, only to realize that you can't use it because it removes 1 or more necessities that you can't stick elsewhere.

Dethek Runestone
    Shield
    Made of stone
    Natural armor bonus +10
    I guess for a druid this would be pretty nice. Not especially impressed with this for a paladin (the chance for the proc is too low, as is the magnitude for the temporary HP/SP). Probably okay for a cleric or favored soul who will be using more positive energy spells, but still doesn't look amazing.
    Dragon Masque
    Head
    Kind of nice for those few Pale Master monks, but for anyone else, one part or another of this item are going to be irrelevant. On a melee, 3 of these abilities are nice, while on a casting PM one of them is very attractive. I'd rather see this split into two different items, one for PMs (some few clerics), and one for melees, or keep this as is, then make a mirrored item that has 1 melee benefit, and 3 caster benefits, where the 30 alchemical Negative Energy spell power is common to both. You are aware that random loot Deception items also include a backstabbing component, right? This should probably be Exceptional SA +5, Deception (SA +5, Bluff +3, 5% chance to bluff).

This will be very popular for melees.
    Ward Token Ring
    Ring
    Grant diehard feat
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot
    Earthen Guard as pretty lackluster in epic content. DR 10 isn't a very big deal, and we have manysources of that much permanent DR if we want it (epic destinies, epic armor, and some epic accessories, as well as enhancements, and capstones). Having an ablative DR that only comes up 5% of the time you've been hit is even more underwhelming. Sure, not everyone plays Epic Elite, but even in Epic Hard, DR 10 isn't all that impressive late in the game. The Die Hard with extended range is okay, but not great. How high is the new Earthgrab Guard DC? This really needs something more relevant on it.
    Meridian Fragment
    How does the stacking Force damage work? Is it a guard, or do you mean it gets added to your spells' normal damage? Or to your weapon damage? Also, I believe orange augment slots are the least common we have in the game.

This raid really needs something that appeals to clerics who don't use shields, favored souls who don't use shields, non-PM wizards (and PM wizards who have a helm on that's better than just +30 spell power), bards, artificers, archers of any variety, crossbowmen and throwers of any variety, any melee with a helm that is more important than +2d6 damage per hit and already have some other item with Deception and Exceptional Sneak Attack (this is not a small list of characters). Right now, based on the loot, this raid will get run a handful of times by most players, just for the novelty of it, and then will become a wasteland that no one runs, because it will be impossible to form groups.

A problem many raids have had in DDO is that they don't have loot that appeals to healers, which makes forming a raid group very difficult.

Dumathoin's Bracers
    Bracers
    Natural armor +10
    30 Elemental Resistance
    PRR +30
    Add an augment slot to these and they'll be pretty popular. Is that 30 resist to all elements?
    Dark Diversion
    Necklace
    Assassinate DC +4
    Move Silently bonus +20
    Hide bonus +20
    Colorless augment slot
    This is a very nice item. It may be asking too much, but I think it would fit to include Deception on this, or at least +15 or +20 Bluff. I think a raid item could do better than a colorless slot.
    Battlerager's Harness
    Belt
    I think you haven't been paying attention to the current state of affairs regarding barbarians in epic content: they're the only class in the game with basically zero ability to self-heal (I'm not counting Silver Flame potions for several reasons)--everyone else can at least twist and use Cocoon--so giving them an item that increases their threat and requires them to be hit is doing nothing positive. Barbarians are in this weird spot where they don't have enough DR, PRR, Dodge, HP, or DPS to fit into most parties, mostly due to their not being able to heal themselves adequately. In heroic content, their high HP and bit of DR were sufficient to support their big-time DPS, but that's not true even in Epic Hard content, let alone EE, where stuff like this is just going to get them killed that much faster. And, believe me, I've tried running my barbarian (who is pretty well geared-out) with a healing hireling through some moderate content on EH, and it is often not enough--if that hireling spazzes out for a second or two, it may mean death.

The fact that this is going to be only marginally useful to anyone else just means that this raid is really looking at 3 items available. Any melee that focuses on Sneak Attack isn't going to want to trade a chance of 12% bonus to doublestrike for 30% threat and a required to be hit, particularly since most such characters have low to moderate HP. The bonus vs. Enchantments will only be worthwhile if it works like the Fury of the Wild abilities and recognizes the Rage spell, Primal Scream, and Adrenaline as being "Raged." If the proc chance on Spike Guard is highish, that could be kind of nice, but if it's where I'm assuming it is (in the 2-4% range) it just isn't worth it.
    Shadowscale Armor
    Armor

+11 enhancement bonus
    Deathblock
    130% fortification
    Blue augment slot
    Ghostly
    By Armor type:

Upgrade:
    Green augment slot
    • What does Shadow Phase do?
    • The other base stats for the armor are okay.
    • The robe bonus is very nice for both monks and casters.
    • The light armor bonus is pretty nice for melees, but I suspect many will stick with the Black Dragon armor for the variety of bonuses there.
    • The medium armor doesn't look much better than the black dragon armor's set bonus, although it frees up a helm slot...if you can get your +3 Insightful Str, Dex, or Con elsewhere.
    • The heavy armor looks cool, although I don't know how many creatures bypass DR/epic. It certainly means that the hard-won armor from the end game raid is probably not going to be worth using in...the end game raids, because I'd be surprised if the raid bosses didn't bypass DR/epic. Could that be changed? Even DR 30/-- probably wouldn't be too strong, but maybe change Epic to an alignment?
    • The Docent is okay, but I think it should really include the bonuses from the robe--there are arcane casters and monks out there who are going to feel slighted by the robe version offering some very powerful, unique bonuses, while the docent only offers healing amp. Is there any way of splitting the docent recipe up to offer two or three different versions? That they also miss out on the light, medium, and heavy bonuses also kind of sucks. They don't necessarily have to replicate them all, but the docent should offer more than 10% amp, and should acknowledge the fact that the clothing types are divided by class (and so also largely divided by role), while the docent is associated with race (and thus necessarily means an assortment of classes and roles will be wanting to use it).
    • Any chance of splitting the robe recipe into robes and an outfit, so monks don't need to run around in a dress all the time?
    • Does the green augment slot replace the blue, or does it come alongside it?
    • The guard effect is only on-being-missed? That's not terrible given our common defense at endgame is miss chance (concealment, incorporeality, Dodge), but also amazing. Could it just be On-attacked, triggering whether you get hit or missed?

I'm going to reiterate that THESE RAIDS NEED SEVERAL MORE ITEMS. Most of the items presented are fairly niche, which is okay if there are enough items to appeal to several niches, but with just a few it means no one is going to run the raid. Ideally, you want the raids to have at least 2 items that appeal to most characters, so that even after someone gets one item, they have a reason to continue running the raid. The armor, with its scale-collecting mechanic does a little to support this, but not enough when the other items are so unappealing for so many characters.
    Last edited by sephiroth1084; 02-10-2014 at 10:31 PM.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast