Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79
  1. #1
    Community Member Nayus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,273

    Default How to fix Bladeforged

    Change Communication of Scribing to a Repair Spell.
    Done.
    And they're still 25 times better than any other race for a Fighter.

  2. #2
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,448

    Default

    Construct-envy is a bad thing
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

  3. #3
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    Change Communication of Scribing to a Repair Spell.
    Done.
    And they're still 25 times better than any other race for a Fighter.
    No deal. I'm done with bait/switch.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  4. #4
    2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Why do they need to be "fixed"?

    Astreya the Unturning

    It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

  5. #5
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Does the recon from bladeforged need conc check?
    IF not make it that it needs, problem fixed.

  6. #6
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    Why do they need to be "fixed"?
    Multiplying too quickly.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pwin Teaks
    Posts
    303

    Default

    They got a kik-a$$ main heal, but their backup stinks (unless you put in a lot of efffort in it ofc) and that is what balance them vs fleshies.

    No need for adjustments imo, and for the record, I don´t have a BF yet.

    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h


  8. #8
    The Hatchery Paleus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stormreach Sewers
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    Why do they need to be "fixed"?
    Seems obvious, so not sure if serious. But, the reconstruct SLA gives this iconic a notable advantage in the self-healing department. This imbalances the iconic compared to other race options, and combined with the limitation of being lawful good given the 1 paladin level, interacts with several class splits as well. Of course, changing that SLA to be more reasonably in line with other aspects of the game will be met with fierce opposition given this is a premium game feature so any nerf will be seen as "bait and switch."

    Basically think of this type of "fix" in the same way you think of fixing your cat or dog. They won't enjoy it, but it'll make life more equitable for everyone else in the neighborhood (or all other class/races in the game).

    Here's another solution that would be equally well received, force the iconic to be unable to multi-class. Because, you know, everyone wants to roll with a pure paladin.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

  9. #9
    Community Member Nayus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    You haven't played DDO if you don't understand what it means to be able to self-cast Reconstruct as a SLA on any class. (TR a FvS or Sorc and done)

    This fact alone almost makes you forget they get more PRR, Attack Power, HP, Tactical DC and -10% resistance to all slashing damage.

    Again, you are not playing this game if you don't understand what it means to be able to self-cast Reconstruct as a SLA on any class, even Barbarians can cast it on live (but it'll be fixed soon(tm)).

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    Make the cost 50 SP instead of 25 SP. Or double the cooldown.

  11. #11
    Community Member Blackheartox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Left from Underdark
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    Why does it need to be fixed?
    ITs a p2p class, it should be better and severly op then free ones.
    Shadar kai is nice and has its merits, so has sun elf and pdk.
    You dont like it? Dont play it, dont pay for it. Rather simple.
    Has been proven several times that you can selfheal via cocon and scrolls easilly in any ee.

    No, i dont play a bf, before you start telling how i defend something i play.
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 02-10-2014 at 06:29 PM.

  12. #12
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Why does it need to be fixed?
    ITs a p2p class, it should be better and severly op then free ones.
    Shadar kai is nice and has its merits, so has sun elf and pdk.
    You dont like it? Dont play it, dont pay for it. Rather simple.
    Has been proven several times that you can selfheal via cocon and scrolls easilly in any ee.

    No, i dont play a bf, before you start telling how i defend something i play.
    I get your point but the thing is bladeforged are not just a little bit better than the other races, they are miles ahead. Uninterruptible self healing is everything in EE. Cocoon and scrolls can't even come close.

    That's not even mentioning that they get extra bonuses to attack and defense over other races. It's insane. There's absolutely zero reason to play any other race over a bladeforged right now for most builds. That's just not right. I can think of a few exceptions like a sun elf enchanter or cleric/favored souls but for most everyone else if you aren't a robot you're gimp.

    Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel
    Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/axel311
    Streaming DDO on Twitch, usually on Fridays @ 9PM Eastern

  13. #13
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    Why do they need to be "fixed"?
    Because self healing while doing serious DPS is only for Arcane WF, Fleshy Divines, Druids and PM's
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

  14. #14
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Because self healing while doing serious DPS is only for Arcane WF, Fleshy Divines, Druids and PM's
    Sounds logical for this place.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  15. #15
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Because self healing while doing serious DPS is only for Arcane WF, Fleshy Divines, Druids and PM's
    Ah, they're infringing on a patent taken out by the casting classes? That's evil. Bad bladeforged, bad!
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

  16. #16
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    even Barbarians can cast it on live (but it'll be fixed soon(tm)).
    No they can't the person who asserted this tested it on an odd Lama build and found it "fixed" on the next lama build, the only person who's reported on the forums that they have LR'ed+Alignment changed a Bladeforged into a Barbarian on live has confirmed that on live the SLA does not work while raged. Mores the pity as the ol ladies say, I would so make a BF barb if it worked, otherwise no thanks.

    Again as long as Casters are entirely self healing and among the best DPS in the game while also being the highest utility/buffs/etc. is addressed and Turbine anounces that they are making grouping more integral to the game again; I have a hard time worrying about a BF melee's unquickened recons.
    Last edited by IronClan; 02-10-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    No they can't the person who asserted this tested it on an odd Lama build and found it "fixed" on the next lama build, the only person who's reported on the forums that they have LR'ed+Alignment changed a Bladeforged into a Barbarian on live has confirmed that on live the SLA does not work while raged.

    Again as long as Casters are entirely self healing and among the best DPS in the game while also being the highest utility/buffs/etc. is addressed and Turbine anounces that they are making grouping more integral to the game again; I have a hard time worrying about a BF melee's unquickened recons.
    Perhaps a nerf is needed to those other things other than a buff to melee.

    This game is already too easy.

    Something has to change and giving toons more power to be on par with overpowered toons isn't going to make the game challenging.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    Change Communication of Scribing to a Repair Spell.
    Done.
    And they're still 25 times better than any other race for a Fighter.
    You seem to forget the main reason iconics were introduced my friend. It was supposed to be a newb friendly race with self healing and it is. Now if you have a problem with being able to TR into them that is another topic.

  19. #19
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    3,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    You seem to forget the main reason iconics were introduced my friend. It was supposed to be a newb friendly race with self healing and it is. Now if you have a problem with being able to TR into them that is another topic.
    I originally thought the sole reason for the iconics was to let players access the new content immediately without having to level through the old content...wish they would have stuck with that and made them unable to heroic TR. Then nobody would have cared about these balance issues since they wouldn't be able to get heroic past lives.

    Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel
    Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/axel311
    Streaming DDO on Twitch, usually on Fridays @ 9PM Eastern

  20. #20
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,974

    Default

    Here's how we fix this: make cocoon slightly more nifty (eliminate the temp HP's thing in favor of a raw heal for that amount).

    Allow Barb's to use Cocoon and other ED healing abilities while raged. Give them Evasion at 2 and improved evasion at 6 or 8.

    Give Paladin's unlimited Smites that are simply on a short cooldown like iron fist is (yeah I guess iron fist uses Ki but honestly so effing what, like I ever ran out of ki hitting it). And make a 4th tier smite that works as a cleave, and a 5th tier smite that is a great cleave+smite. and several enhancements that boost smites and cleave smites. Get rid of Turn requirements for DM, or give the Cleric version as an option (uses SP) and/or allow Paladin DM to last twice/three times as long as Cleric version, and apply 1/3rd of Charisma to tacticals (ah la PDK charisma to tacticals)

    Give Rangers Cure serious and Cure critical spell book core enhancements.

    Boom fixed. In so much as now all the melee's have a decent self sufficiency option and are all also able to DPS respectably (i.e. that's why I seemingly went off on a tangent buffing Pali's).

    BTW the way to nerf BF that I am not going to say lest it be taken up (yes it's that perfect) by the nerf nanny's would also fix most of this too. But again I don't want them to do it unless they get serious about promoting party play by reducing self sufficiency across the board. I don't think they have the slightest intent of doing this so I aint sayin' nothin'. Suffice to say no ones hit on it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload