Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Community Member hkusp45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    261

    Default Positive Spell POWER!

    I'm running a Cleric & my goal is Highest Positive spell power & most Spell points, I'm lvl28 3561 spell points wis64 , spell power 551. using the warpriest tree to gain the 2 wisdom then all other points into radiant tree,I know if I were to put all points into radiant tree I could get more spell power but I want the wisdom from warpriest for my sp. my heal skill is at 92 as that adds to positive spell power.
    my devotion item is +144 bonus , I think there is a +148 devotion item I have just not found it yet, I've done the epic TR for the extra 30 spell power & I have twisted healing hands & fey form as well. So I'm asking how's your clerics Pos spell power ? pretty sure that i'm among a small % of ppl that are building just for positive spell power but if you are id like to know how I stack up ,and if there are any things I might be missing.

  2. #2
    Uber Completionist
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    796

    Default

    If you are really going for the maximum possible, in any way, shape or form, you'll need 3x Sun Elf ( Morninglord ) Past lives as well as 3x Artificier Past lives.

    But that's in an extreme scenario... you would get +12 from it.

    Edit: .. and 3x Sorc + 3x FvS for the SP part... + 120 SP
    Last edited by Icywave; 02-10-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

  3. #3
    Community Member Mahalko128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Competition to be the best healer? I like it!
    Keep on rollin'.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Impaqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,462

    Default

    Being that anything more than a Empowered [Mass] Heal with a Decent Devotion item is largely useless, I fail to see the point.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  5. #5
    Community Member hkusp45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Being that anything more than a Empowered [Mass] Heal with a Decent Devotion item is largely useless, I fail to see the point.
    The point is to have as much positive spell power as possible ,cause that's what I want...I don't care how useless you think it is .....that's not the point.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Impaqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    The point is to have as much positive spell power as possible ,cause that's what I want...I don't care how useless you think it is .....that's not the point.
    well ok then!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  7. #7
    Community Member hkusp45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icywave View Post
    If you are really going for the maximum possible, in any way, shape or form, you'll need 3x Sun Elf ( Morninglord ) Past lives as well as 3x Artificier Past lives.

    But that's in an extreme scenario... you would get +12 from it.

    Edit: .. and 3x Sorc + 3x FvS for the SP part... + 120 SP
    doing the past lives for +12 seems ...as you said extreme..but thanks for the info. I guess I will look at the new trees & lvl cap to 30 for spell power bonuses

  8. #8
    Uber Completionist
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    doing the past lives for +12 seems ...as you said extreme..but thanks for the info. I guess I will look at the new trees & lvl cap to 30 for spell power bonuses
    To each their play style of course, just providing the info

    I used to grind countless number of hours in WoW just to get 0.4 additional DPS ...
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

  9. #9
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    I think you would get even more spell points by taking a level of wizard and a level of either sorc or fvs. Because the bonus sp that wizards get from high int, and the bonus sp that sorc/fvs get from high cha, you would also get on top of the bonus from high wis that you get from being cleric.

    How this would effect your spell power, I'm not sure. It's been years since I played a cleric.
    Last edited by Lonnbeimnech; 02-10-2014 at 11:25 PM.

  10. #10
    Community Member FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    5,565

    Default

    Crikey that's a lotta spellpower

    The best any of my characters has is typically about 280ish displayed on character sheet, with empower healing adding +75 on top of that for the things it can apply to, but he's a cleric with deep monk splash... ok, 18monk/2cleric
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

  11. #11
    Community Member Moltier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Budapest
    Posts
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    I'm running a Cleric & my goal is Highest Positive spell power & most Spell points, I'm lvl28 3561 spell points wis64 , spell power 551. using the warpriest tree to gain the 2 wisdom then all other points into radiant tree,I know if I were to put all points into radiant tree I could get more spell power but I want the wisdom from warpriest for my sp. my heal skill is at 92 as that adds to positive spell power.
    my devotion item is +144 bonus , I think there is a +148 devotion item I have just not found it yet, I've done the epic TR for the extra 30 spell power & I have twisted healing hands & fey form as well. So I'm asking how's your clerics Pos spell power ? pretty sure that i'm among a small % of ppl that are building just for positive spell power but if you are id like to know how I stack up ,and if there are any things I might be missing.
    Well, clerics are the best if the goal is super high pos power, but i chime in anyway.
    My 2nd life bard (without epic past life) runs around with ~430 pos spellpower (+metas). I could twist in maybe ~40 more, use better devotion item (138 atm i think) and add citw set for 15 more. So if i would go for it, i could reach 500, but 551 is out of my bard's reach!

    My spellpoint is ~2350. But actually in game it works like 4k if i dont use any sp regen gear.
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

  12. #12
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    6,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    So I'm asking how's your clerics Pos spell power ?
    In the 200s.

  13. #13
    Community Member hkusp45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    261

    Default

    I think some clerics forget how powerful a Aura Burst of healing power can be to undead, my Aura crits for +2k dmg & I crit all the time, with pots I have 23 turns , with Haunted Halls on the way I'm looking forward to slaying some undead.

  14. #14
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,422

    Default

    I believe mine is in the 200's as well on my melee cleric. It's nothing spectacular.

    It would be interesting to see how much your aura would tick for if you went with human and max heal amp gear/enhancements on this toon.

  15. #15
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Impaqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,462

    Default

    Ya know, if you really are interested in improving, it would be handy to see exactly how you have come up with the number you already have.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  16. #16
    Community Member hkusp45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Ya know, if you really are interested in improving, it would be handy to see exactly how you have come up with the number you already have.
    besides the feats & enhancements that I mentioned in the original post I use the Citw set ,took epic positive spell power & the spell power pot from using comms of valar . I use greater ador pots as well but that's not figured in my total cause they only last 2min & I have 3 cleric past lives as well . Only way I can see getting more is to put all points into radiant tree & all skill points into heal, but I don't want to sacrifice the SP & I having a high diplo rocks...(waves hand "you don't want to agro me ,go agro someone else")

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the right spot at the right time.
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    I think some clerics forget how powerful a Aura Burst of healing power can be to undead, my Aura crits for +2k dmg & I crit all the time, with pots I have 23 turns , with Haunted Halls on the way I'm looking forward to slaying some undead.
    My Draconic Energy Burst on my CLR17/PAL2/FTR1 does over 2000 mass damage. That is not a critical. It's a fun twist.

    He has only 250 positive spell power, but his saves are nice for survivability. Surviving is important to be able to heal. You can't heal when you are dead, lol.

    Had some fun melee'n the Dragon in EH VON6 the other day. With my Aura going off no one lost much HP and finished her topped off. I was not in any of my main destinies like US or FOTW and LD. I was trying to farm xp.

    Have fun.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 02-13-2014 at 12:01 AM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

  18. #18
    Community Member hkusp45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    My Draconic Energy Burst on my CLR17/PAL2/FTR1 does over 2000 mass damage. That is not a critical. It's a fun twist.

    He has only 250 positive spell power, but his saves are nice for survivability. Surviving is important to be able to heal. You can't heal when you are dead, lol.

    Had some fun melee'n the Dragon in EH VON6 the other day. With my Aura going off no one lost much HP and finished her topped off. I was not in any of my main destinies like US or FOTW and LD. I was trying to farm xp.

    Have fun.
    Yeh I have twisted that in at times , I use the Acid Burst & always do over 2k dmg combine that with the cheap spell point cost its a great spell to twist in on certain quests.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    151

    Default Splash for POWER

    Guessing your pure cleric, but you could do a small splash for a bit more power.

    1 level of monk would get you 10 positive spell power from 1 point in shintao core, also has a heal enhancement for 3 more power, and if I'm right you could use water stance for +2 wisdom and +2 saving throws -2 str. As mentioned in another thread you can get full monk stance with 3 feats, which is worth more then Cleric capstone +2 wis.
    1 level of ranger could get you 10 positive from 1 core in deepwood stalker, and an additional 20 from deepwood stalker enhancements, Increased Empathy and Versatile Empathy
    1 level of druid gets you 15 positive from Extra Wild Empathy

    _____________

    Other sources:

    Gauntlets of Immortality - +20 heal competence
    +6 wisdom skill item
    Halfling Race: 3 heal skill, Heal as SLA, useful in Antimagic Area (requires feat), Leeches (Removes one negative level, one poison, and one disease from your living target once every 3 seconds. Duration is equal to your Heal skill.)

    Sun elf: Arcanum +3 spell pen +100 sp, Feywild tap 5 clickies of around 200 sp (doesn't boost actual sp count but certainly boosts performance), 2 clickies for 10000hp heal, all neg levels etc. removed. Aid/Spell Resistance/Deathward clicky, +1 enchant dc - past lives = +3 pos passive (as mentioned earlier).


    _____________

    As you mentioned you didn't put all skill points into Heal so perhaps redoing your ability points or eating tomes for more INT so you have free skill points to max heal.
    Last edited by Arcanegrin; 02-14-2014 at 02:12 AM. Reason: leeches

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    besides the feats & enhancements that I mentioned in the original post I use the Citw set ,took epic positive spell power & the spell power pot from using comms of valar . I use greater ador pots as well but that's not figured in my total cause they only last 2min & I have 3 cleric past lives as well . Only way I can see getting more is to put all points into radiant tree & all skill points into heal, but I don't want to sacrifice the SP & I having a high diplo rocks...(waves hand "you don't want to agro me ,go agro someone else")
    Are you counting metamagics? Would be nice to see your heal or mass heal on someone without heal amp just for curiosity sake's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload