Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Content Designer KookieKobold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bestburg, Cobrastan
    Posts
    564

    Default Lamannia - Round 3 closure

    Lamannia will be going offline at 11am Eastern (GMT-5) today, Feb 10th.

    Thanks for everyone who came out to the events and check out the raids!

  2. #2
    Community Member UurlockYgmeov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class
    Posts
    7,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    Lamannia will be going offline at 11am Eastern (GMT-5) today, Feb 10th.

    Thanks for everyone who came out to the events and check out the raids!
    Thanks for hosting! Believe this is doing wonders for the Dev <-=-> Player relationship. Keep it going!

  3. #3
    Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Fix Character Copy and your turnout will probably double.

    It's a shame that there is no urgency to fix character copy... Bad testing = bad results.

    yuda
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    478

    Default I would of loved to help !!

    But since im not vip , "Even though i spent well over a 1000$ on this game the past few years " And the fact that the passes were not in the store i could not test anything .

    Really though when you say that prems can use a pass to test the new content and there not in store ,

    Either fix that asap , " How long could it of possibly took ? "

    Or just say stores messed up sorry guys some of you are SOL !!!

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    But since im not vip , "Even though i spent well over a 1000$ on this game the past few years " And the fact that the passes were not in the store i could not test anything .

    Really though when you say that prems can use a pass to test the new content and there not in store ,

    Either fix that asap , " How long could it of possibly took ? "

    Or just say stores messed up sorry guys some of you are SOL !!!
    If you don't see them in the store, and the posts say they are available... ASK A DEV for one. they were handing them out like crazy

  6. #6
    Community Member pHo3nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    But since im not vip , "Even though i spent well over a 1000$ on this game the past few years " And the fact that the passes were not in the store i could not test anything .

    Really though when you say that prems can use a pass to test the new content and there not in store ,

    Either fix that asap , " How long could it of possibly took ? "

    Or just say stores messed up sorry guys some of you are SOL !!!
    I'm not VIP either, but you could get passes by asking devs or other vips online, got absolutely no problems in getting them (thanks to those that get me the passes )

    Anyway thanks for the preview, both raids seem quite fun and the explorer is cool as well
    Cannith: Hazrael--Nyal--Thalax

  7. #7
    The Hatchery Sardonica's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    146

    Default the passes were in the store

    Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    But since im not vip , "Even though i spent well over a 1000$ on this game the past few years " And the fact that the passes were not in the store i could not test anything .
    In fact, the passes WERE in the store, but as a premium non-VIP you were filtering them out, and could not buy them. I had the same problem. And when I asked politely in the Dojo for someone to hit me up with one, the only response I got was some kid who wanted to PVP me in the Lobster (lol).

    So for the next round, it would REALLY facilitate testing to have the new adventure packs in the store for purchase.

    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Gotcha, deleting the warlock class.

  8. #8
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stoopid_cowboy View Post
    Fix Character Copy and your turnout will probably double.

    It's a shame that there is no urgency to fix character copy... Bad testing = bad results.

    yuda
    Character copy is not the end all to testing. You can build your character up really well, definitely up to a testable state, witht he dojo. So that does not really equate to a pri0 or 1 issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by murf201 View Post
    But since im not vip , "Even though i spent well over a 1000$ on this game the past few years " And the fact that the passes were not in the store i could not test anything .

    Really though when you say that prems can use a pass to test the new content and there not in store ,

    Either fix that asap , " How long could it of possibly took ? "

    Or just say stores messed up sorry guys some of you are SOL !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardonica View Post
    In fact, the passes WERE in the store, but as a premium non-VIP you were filtering them out, and could not buy them. I had the same problem. And when I asked politely in the Dojo for someone to hit me up with one, the only response I got was some kid who wanted to PVP me in the Lobster (lol).

    So for the next round, it would REALLY facilitate testing to have the new adventure packs in the store for purchase.

    Thanks!
    This is an extra early look. So it goes without saying that it won't be on the store and everyone will have access issues. VIP's could have the content and give out passes and devs gave out passes during the event so people could invite off hours. There were a few in Eveningstar using passes on people who asked about access.

  9. #9
    2014 DDO Players Council ishr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stoopid_cowboy View Post
    Fix Character Copy and your turnout will probably double.

    It's a shame that there is no urgency to fix character copy... Bad testing = bad results.

    yuda
    I would like to highlight this statement. We cannot emphasize this point enough. You are testing these raids against underpowered, undergeared, sloppily built toons.

    The results will be an underpowered, undergeared, sloppily built raid.

    Don't let all your hard work go to waste because of one hold-up in the assembly line.

    Please fix character copy.

  10. #10
    The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    LrdSlvrhnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Character copy is not the end all to testing. You can build your character up really well, definitely up to a testable state, witht he dojo. So that does not really equate to a pri0 or 1 issue.

    Can, but have no desire to waste my time rolling up a character.

    It may not be the end-all to testing, but please figure out and accept that, for many, many, many, MANY people, character copy *is* a "pri0 or 1 issue".
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

  11. #11
    Hero
    2015 Movember Hero
    Marupal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Character copy is not the end all to testing. You can build your character up really well, definitely up to a testable state, with the dojo. So that does not really equate to a pri0 or 1 issue.
    I normally agree with this sentiment but not for CR 28 content, and certainly not for the raids.

    Character copy needs to be working again if the focus this year is endgame content.

  12. #12
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Character copy is not the end all to testing. You can build your character up really well, definitely up to a testable state, witht he dojo. So that does not really equate to a pri0 or 1 issue.




    Why would I want to waste time on creating new char just to test new raid that I will run on my main char with all the gear when it hits live?

  13. #13
    Community Member MIvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Character copy is not the end all to testing. You can build your character up really well, definitely up to a testable state, witht he dojo. So that does not really equate to a pri0 or 1 issue.
    You can build your character up really well, very overpowered compared to live characters.
    You test with op geared character. => You feel everything was easy. => You fill surveys, write everything was easy. => Devs boost the mobs, makes quests harder. => On live everyone skips the new content because is too hard to do with real characters.
    Testing with bad data leads to faulty results.

  14. #14
    Community Member Flavilandile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MIvan View Post
    You can build your character up really well, very overpowered compared to live characters.
    You test with op geared character. => You feel everything was easy. => You fill surveys, write everything was easy. => Devs boost the mobs, makes quests harder. => On live everyone skips the new content because is too hard to do with real characters.
    Testing with bad data leads to faulty results.
    Character copy is needed anyway, just to be able to test with characters that were created long long ago and that cannot be recreated again due to some system changes in the character creation. ( Yes there is things like that, the Cleric Class is a good example, but I'm sure that if I dig enough I'll find other classes with the same issue ).
    These characters can eventually break things due to their grandfathered creation process.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

  15. #15
    Community Member Titan18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Character copy is needed anyway, just to be able to test with characters that were created long long ago and that cannot be recreated again due to some system changes in the character creation. ( Yes there is things like that, the Cleric Class is a good example, but I'm sure that if I dig enough I'll find other classes with the same issue ).
    These characters can eventually break things due to their grandfathered creation process.
    Hey guys the servers up

  16. #16
    Community Member Flavilandile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan18 View Post
    Hey guys the servers up
    And ?
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload