Community Member

Default Getting Turbine points from favor

Hello, guys. I've recently bought both expansion packs after playing the game for about a month. I'm still pretty much a noob, however. Altogether, they came with an added bonus of 3000 Turbine points. First thing first, I purchased the Champion pack. Next, I was about to purchase a new race or class, but suddenly, due to my short attention span, I bought the Hall of Heroes passport instead. While it was beneficial for reincarnation, I still don't have enough to get a class.

Now, since some of you guys are experts at the favor system, how do I get enough favor to gain 232 points? That's pretty much exactly the amount of points I need. Also, after that, which should I buy out of the two? Half elf, or Monk?

Thank you

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2p0roblox View Post
    Hello, guys. I've recently bought both expansion packs after playing the game for about a month. I'm still pretty much a noob, however. Altogether, they came with an added bonus of 3000 Turbine points. First thing first, I purchased the Champion pack. Next, I was about to purchase a new race or class, but suddenly, due to my short attention span, I bought the Hall of Heroes passport instead. While it was beneficial for reincarnation, I still don't have enough to get a class.

Now, since some of you guys are experts at the favor system, how do I get enough favor to gain 232 points? That's pretty much exactly the amount of points I need. Also, after that, which should I buy out of the two? Half elf, or Monk?

Thank you
    it depends on where you are at on your favor on your server/character

http://ddowiki.com/page/Turbine_Point
    scroll down to "Earning Turbine Points" and there is a chart that'll help ya.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    it depends on where you are at on your favor on your server/character

http://ddowiki.com/page/Turbine_Point
    scroll down to "Earning Turbine Points" and there is a chart that'll help ya.
    w

Thanks for the feedback.

I've already checked on the chart, but the concept still kind of confuses me. I was hoping someone could give me a line of quests to complete to gain favor from a new server. Still, though, your reply is appreciated. Thanks

Community Member

You would get more out of buying adventure packs, at this point. If you're looking to get onto the TR train, then the following packs might be quite useful:

Tangleroot Gorge - Visor of the Fleshrenders is the best reason to buy this pack (gearwise) because death ward in a clickie just that good
    Delera's Tomb - Voice of the Master gives a +5% XP bonus, a swap item for just before finishing missions, very nice when on a TR run
    Vault of Night - epic missions, popular raid, helps for earning an extra tab in your character bank (storage is good!)
    Attack on Stormreach - good TR items
    Path of Inspiration & Dreaming Dark - good TR items
    Gianthold - has epics, and allows you to get a second bonus inventory tab for your character, using your end-of-pack reward (collapsed portable hole, storage is good!).
    Vale of Twilight - Helps for making the 18-20 leveling run easier, plus it has the Shroud raid and greensteel crafting (good for TRs)
    Secrets of the Artificers - easy to acquire items that help for making the transition to epic levels

Hopefully this helps.

Community Member

Monks are awesome, Helves are not.
    Answer: Monk.

I've already checked on the chart, but the concept still kind of confuses me. I was hoping someone could give me a line of quests to complete to gain favor from a new server. Still, though, your reply is appreciated. Thanks
    Since I don't know what level you are, currently, take the below advice with a grain of salt, with one exception: after running quests on normal, run them again on hard and elite. To make sure you don't get bored with the quest or get less loot than you expected, play another quest or two in between. For example: Haverdasher's (lvl 2, Normal) --> Sunken Sewer (lvl 2, Normal) --> Haverdasher's (Hard) --> Butcher's Path (lvl 2, Normal) --> An Explosive Situation (lvl 3, Normal) --> Haverdasher's (Elite). (This example would get you 15 favor: 6 total for Haverdasher's, 2 for Explosive, 3 for Sunken, 4 for Butcher's. Haverdasher's total favor isn't much compared to what you would get for Butcher's Path, but it is shorter and would get you more loot.)

If you had bought VIP, then I would have suggested trying to open a quest or two on Elite instead of Normal: you'd get your Favor faster, if that's what you wanted. You can buy Elite openers in the store, but that would defeat the purpose of you farming TP to begin with. You can still try to go in on Elite first, you'd just need to group with someone else who can open it.

Doing lower-level quest chains on increasing difficulties will get you your Favor faster, generally, although I tend to run the ones I find more enjoyable and not just because I want the Favor. (For example, I *hate* Proof Is In the Poison and will generally avoid it, if I can. It's generally not worth it for Favor, loot, or experience... but if I really want the Favor and see no other option, I will. Begrudgingly. And stock up like whoah on acid resists/protection, ammunition, and anything else that will defeat the spellcasters, which are annoying as all get-out.) In no particular order: Baudry's, Waterworks, Shan-To-Kor, Tangleroot, and the "Depths-of" quests in House D in the tavern are pretty enjoyable. Run the heck out of those.

When you get into increasing levels: Delera's quest chain, Redwillow's Ruins, Tear of Dhakaan, Gwylan's Stand, Stormcleave Outpost. The Pit has great favor (27 total!) and XP, but holy cow is it ever a meatgrinder. I did it once with a group on Elite. We made it through, but we also died a lot...and we were all level 10-12. With hires. Be good with your Mario skills there, go with a group, and make sure at least one person can Raise Dead (scroll, spell, whatever) and have a lot of elemental resist/protection spells, pots, clickies, etc.

Hope this helps. You'll get there in no time.
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (28 Tempest), Heldre (20 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (16 Ranger), Alansa (23 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (28 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (18 Kensei/2 Eldritch Knight); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/2 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (17 Druid)

Community Member

Thank you
    Just a quick tip for favour running. Do the 100 favor run (all Korthos quests and half a dozen or so in harbour on elite will get u this) on each server u havent done before. This will net you a bucket load of TP as u get a 1st time bonus for 5, 50 and 100 favor once per server if I remember rightly.

Since you have bought the expansions, you may now have access to a few iconics. Roll a level 15 character up and run through all the easy level quests with this guy/girl. They come fully equipped with some decent gear for you to breeze through the lower levels.