Community Member

Angry Someones still do "Thril of the HUnt" on Epic?

Hi,

I just finished "Thrill of the Hunt" on Epic (normal, thanksfully), and I wonder if there're still somes who do it? The Boss, Karleth is horrible. Even with a whole team of hirelings: 2 healers, 1 sorcerer and 2 fighters, I didn't count my deaths. At least, he was disguted by my persistance. How is it possible to do this quest alone? I'm a fighter lv 26, and the boss deals TOO much damages, and too much quickly, without any portection possible. may be with a complete team of players, a good protected tank, a dedicated healer, quick and smart, you may succeed normally: that is on 1st run.
    So that's my question: are they still people doing this quest?

Don't fight him toe to toe watch his movements, plan your retreat and dive back in when he stops whirling. Standing there when he swings his chain is foolish.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Drink a jump pot, jump on crates then on beam, equip throwing weapon, bow or crossbow, autoattack until he's dead.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Run

Quote Originally Posted by Hooom View Post
    Hi,

I just finished "Thrill of the Hunt" on Epic (normal, thanksfully), and I wonder if there're still somes who do it? The Boss, Karleth is horrible. Even with a whole team of hirelings: 2 healers, 1 sorcerer and 2 fighters, I didn't count my deaths. At least, he was disguted by my persistance. How is it possible to do this quest alone? I'm a fighter lv 26, and the boss deals TOO much damages, and too much quickly, without any portection possible. may be with a complete team of players, a good protected tank, a dedicated healer, quick and smart, you may succeed normally: that is on 1st run.
    Run and don't look back (it will slow you down and the baddies will catch up : ) ). I'll run it with you if you're on Sarlona.

Try to kill the casters first. On the Shadar-Kai chain whips, turn it around on them. Get them to stand still together and swing their whips and move out of the range and kill them. Or keep them moving so they don't stop and start in with the chains. The howlers are just being howlers (kite thru Blade Barrier). The BB is good at killing the shadows too. If you don't have BB, get one of the hires that has it and use it on their hot bar. I also like to use Flame Turrent to get them to cluster together and hit them with AoEs. They will aggro on the Flame Turret.

Hi,

His aoe chain attack only does damage if you stand in his aoe, and he only uses it if you stand in front of him.

Get a few hits in, back up, let him come to you, hit him again, back up. Repeat. If he does his chain, jump out, heal up.

Its easier to circle kite on a ranger or caster, obviously. But it is possible to do on a melee.

Melee'd him on EE without dying (6-man group, not solo) by being a sneaky bastard a few day ago.

This encounter is completely retarded, I do not believe for one second this was ever play-tested on elite before it went live.

Hi,

Are you kidding me? I went toe to toe against him on my paladin and kicked his hide on Epic Hard, solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Drink a jump pot, jump on crates then on beam, equip throwing weapon, bow or crossbow, autoattack until he's dead.
    This.its actually a boring end fight If you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    Tried to get to 110PRR and melee.
    It still did 500 damage.
    I prefer to make retarded boss boring because I'm pewpewing thrower and dot than to make retarded boss boring because I'm dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Melee'd him on EE without dying (6-man group, not solo) by being a sneaky bastard a few day ago.

This encounter is completely retarded, I do not believe for one second this was ever play-tested on elite before it went live.

not by a dev anyway, that much is evident, as for players on lamania? they were ignored.

as for the op?
    reroll into shriadi or moncker, perch on top (he is afraid of heights) and wonder, like the rest of us, why we ever bought this double update box..

Community Member

I have soloed that guy on EE on my melee rogue. Here are some tips:

- The chains have a sound tell. When you hear it, step away from the boss. If you are stunned or dazed and the tell comes up, use your harper pin or the unstoppable ability to get out.

- Being invisible helps avoid dog aggro when they are still in the cages. It helps avoiding dungeon alert on higher difficulties.

- A spell abosrption item will block the crowd control from the dogs. The jeweled cloak is the easiest one to get, I think. You should have enough DPS to kill the boss or enough dogs before it runs out.

As a more general tip: Get some healing amplification and twist in Rejuvenation Cocoon to heal yourself. It's easier to do epic normal quests with cocoon self-healing than with a group of hirelings, because of the dungeon scaling mechanic.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

You can blast dogs before then come out with AoE spells that explode on impact, like fireballs, and those affecting ground like earthquake.

Dogs don't have evasion on EE, so epic brimstone verge and epic winter's wrath can blast them away (it takes some time).

You have to avoid the red alert caused by the caged dogs.

Either:
    1. Kill them with AoE spells before you encounter Karleth.

2. Go invisible and sneak through the middle (tested this on EE and got green alert only). Then fight him at the back of the cage.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

Hi,

Maybe try Epic Casual next time.

I killed him quite a few times on eHard (Melee and Caster) his chain does a lot of dmg but he isnt that hard if you dont face tank it.