Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Summons would need something like 50% damage reduction against all sources to be even somewhat useful
    I'd be okay with them not even being very useful outside of EN/EH; it's just really annoying for them to create everything for a build approach except gear. When they added druids they added all this support for the concept of running with "a wolfpack" of summons, with spells and another class with a pet and the druid past life, but then they never made any gear for it to work. Ideally there should be some basic lootgen stuff - Summon Helper I-X that does "something for your summons". I accept that's not likely to happen unless someone takes another whack at lootgen affixes (and lord help us if 50% of the gear drops Summon Helper after that) - but if we're making a named item that's supposed to help your summons, it's a good opportunity to create a new ability for it. Item enchantments that help your summons without just granting Augment Summoning feat is a pretty untapped area creatively for the game to be able to add some space. And since, presumably, the item will be desirable just for the other features, like just making the shade, it's not some niche trash item, yet would still help a niche flavor build in a new way. That sounds like a good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I hope this is a bug, Exceptional to Insightful?

It says effects added, not effects replaced.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    It says effects added, not effects replaced.
    Look again. Specifically at the part labeled "Effects Removed"

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    I'd be okay with them not even being very useful outside of EN/EH; it's just really annoying for them to create everything for a build approach except gear. When they added druids they added all this support for the concept of running with "a wolfpack" of summons, with spells and another class with a pet and the druid past life, but then they never made any gear for it to work. Ideally there should be some basic lootgen stuff - Summon Helper I-X that does "something for your summons". I accept that's not likely to happen unless someone takes another whack at lootgen affixes (and lord help us if 50% of the gear drops Summon Helper after that) - but if we're making a named item that's supposed to help your summons, it's a good opportunity to create a new ability for it. Item enchantments that help your summons without just granting Augment Summoning feat is a pretty untapped area creatively for the game to be able to add some space. And since, presumably, the item will be desirable just for the other features, like just making the shade, it's not some niche trash item, yet would still help a niche flavor build in a new way. That sounds like a good design.
    by "wolf pack" you mean 1 wolf companion and 1 summon (unless your using Ooze2) Your not going to have more than 1 summon at a time. Hirelings don't count.

I'm so disappointed we don't get Necromancers who can summon a small Army of undead.

I've got 2 druid PL and the +4 to all stats on summons is really only useful in low levels even with Augment summon and the Primal Avatar ED stuff summons still just go splat in EE

Couple notes. I did pull the Deathwyrm Cloak and the Gloaming Draught. I also made a Thunder Forged Bastard sword, but will talk about that in the appropriate thread.

First, the cloak. I'm glad you made this more focused than what it was, but the one I pulled is missing the 10% neg energy amp that you mentioned. As it doesn't have the other effects (negative level removal, etc) that it originally had, trying to figure out why this is missing the amp.

As for the Gloaming Draught, it would be nice if the description of what it does is listed in the descriptor area, and not in the flavor text.

So, big issue with the draught though. Saw it first in the ruins of thunderholme. Was going through with some hires, and noticed this:

If a hire was in the way, they also got damaged and neg leveled. Now, much to the chagrin of at least one guy (who I did apologize to eventually, so sorry to anyone else if I upset you) it also works in public instances...

Neg levels and damage done. I decided to do a little experiment, and went to eveningstar. I talked to the auctioneer, hirling vendor and general vendor there. I then hit each of them with the draught, and it gave negative levels and damage, and they would no longer talk to me. Seems like a pretty major bug and way to grief someone.

Although, it did provide this small benefit....

He then promptly stopped talking to me....
    Last edited by Shorlong; 02-23-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Although, it did provide this small benefit....

He then promptly stopped talking to me....
    I don't care what else this item does if it lets me Neg Level Pikeminster I need one.

First, the cloak. I'm glad you made this more focused than what it was, but the one I pulled is missing the 10% neg energy amp that you mentioned. As it doesn't have the other effects (negative level removal, etc) that it originally had, trying to figure out why this is missing the amp.
    The missing amp is a bug, and fixed internally.

If a hire was in the way, they also got damaged and neg leveled. Now, much to the chagrin of at least one guy (who I did apologize to eventually, so sorry to anyone else if I upset you) it also works in public instances...
    Also a bug, and also fixed internally.

On friday night someone was using the Gloaming Draught on everything and everyone and bugged most npc´s in the dojo...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by Sokól View Post
    On friday night someone was using the Gloaming Draught on everything and everyone and bugged most npc´s in the dojo...
    That's why most of them were not working. Wasn't the first time that happened.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Look again. Specifically at the part labeled "Effects Removed"
    wow I should have read it more carefully. not a very useful upgrade....
    Last edited by Hathorian; 02-24-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Quote Originally Posted by Sokól View Post
    Did this get bugged? Because I have one for repro if need be. It delevels players too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    I don't care what else this item does if it lets me Neg Level Pikeminster I need one.
    Imagine the utility it would have for coyle.

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post

Lantern Ring
    Ring
    +144 Equipment Bonus to Light and Alignment Spell Power
    +1 Insightful WIS
    5% Chance On Harmful Spellcast: Do an additional 4d6 Light damage.
    Colorless augment
    Upgrade:
    5% Chance On Harmful Spellcast: Do an additional 6d6 Light damage.
    +18% Radiance Lore
    Green Augment Slot
    144 is cool, 150 would be cooler..

+18% Radiance Lore is standard, I seriously believe 20% should be considered here.

Green Augment, I suggest a little more creativity, would prefer to see Purple or Orange.

Just some thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The missing amp is a bug, and fixed internally.

Also a bug, and also fixed internally.
    Good to hear! Sorry if I broke the game for others :X
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Default Manual of Stealthy Pilfering.

You know, I was thinking back on the "Search instead of Spot" discussion, and well...

Afterall, when you look back at the Epic Treasure Hunter's Spyglass Tier-3, witch is ML20, It seems reasonable?
    Last edited by Ryethielnas; 02-25-2014 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Typos, typos everywhere.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

It's good to see that you guys figured out that Bound on equip loot being sold in the AH was killing player retention.

Diablo 3 is literally getting rid of their AH's because of the negative effect that selling loot has on keeping players engaged in the game.

I don't think DDO needs such a drastic measure, but getting rid of sellable named items probably takes care of 80% of that cause of player attrition, so good move.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Disappointed that you didn't go with 3 wisdom on that ring.
    2 wis that can be easily slotted anywhere on lvl 26 item, and there are very few items with 3 wisdom.
    2 year old wisdom trinket
    Leaves of the forest, or really obsolete Terrorweb ( and you can't get new Shadow amour then )
    3 wis Optics ( good luck getting it, but it's same slot as only 11 wis item in game unless you are super lucky )
    3 wis Blue helm ( same story as Optics )

Alas, I guess next time.
    Ghallanda

Has anyone pulled a Live Lantern Ring yet? Curious if it has 2 slots once upgraded
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415