Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by harry-pancreas View Post
    actually i am not lol i play my pally hiting 50 damage each swing at level 28 and i'm happy with it

i don't want to attack the OP, and i agree with the basics but he is actually saying he's ashamed of playing his pally and i think if we say "i'm ahsamed playing this, buff it please" we lose the point. Pallys need love cause they're UP, not cause someone is embarassed when plays them lol

i whine about the whining, true, that's contradictory (who isnt ?)

and no, talking about game balance is not wrong as i said, but -read above the quote of your post-
    He is saying it needs love because its under powered sorry if his emotive language offended you, now I get it.

Lord I don't want to see what teh troll is going to say about your 50 damage...............at level 28...................

i play a pure paladin as one of my mains and i'm not embarassed
    please show us this build!, i feel the urge to play a paladin and don't feel embarrassed

if you like paladins, play paladins period.
    But, but, but... I like to contribute in a quest and not just sit and pike!
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

actually i am not lol i play my pally hiting 50 damage each swing at level 28 and i'm happy with it
    That's extremely underpowered.

Pallys need love cause they're UP, not cause someone is embarassed when plays them lol
    This should also go without saying, but apparently not: They are embarrassed by how underpowered their pally is.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Lord I don't want to see what teh troll is going to say about your 50 damage...............at level 28...................
    it's very hard to type while laughing so hard . . .

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post
    please show us this build!, i feel the urge to play a paladin and don't feel embarrassed

that's a good point - i think you can. And i agree paladins are too UP and it makes me sad too, but don't feel embarassed man, is not good for you, and it loses the point. As a dev if i'd read "i dont like thiz buff eeet plz" heck, i won't do it.

If i read a strong point about game balance, i'd do it for sure.

And my paladin can solo EH, not EE ofc (i could contribute in EE groups tho, ofc not as much as other builds) and i just play it on EH.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    it's very hard to type while laughing so hard . . .
    it's an exageration - but it isnt that far :P

sry i got a 32 point build ranger hiting for 11k so who cares ?

Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

right now ? yeah

or whine with a stronger reason than "the guy nexto me is more uberz"
    So, you want a one class to be all these rolled into one:
    1.) Melee with the least DPS, even less than battle clerics
    2.) Worst self healing out of any "healing" type (wf wiz, bards, clerics, fvs, barbs with silver flame pots)
    3.) Some of the best AC in the game, but it is literally useless in 90% of the EE content

At high level content, they aren't a jack of all trades. They are a monkey with a banana as a sword and magic wand.
    Last edited by elraido; 02-10-2014 at 04:01 PM.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

i don't want to attack the OP, and i agree with the basics but he is actually saying he's ashamed of playing his pally and i think if we say "i'm ahsamed playing this, buff it please" we lose the point, is a poor argument and too self-centered. Pallys need love cause they're UP, not cause someone is embarassed when plays them lol

and why someone would ever be ashamed about a comp game ? I'm actually trying to tell OP is not embarassing to play a paladin, it's hard so it should be eactly the oposite. I do x quest with a FoTM build, i'm good. I do it with a pally, i'm a ****ing uber player (player, not character or build, there is a difference that DDO peeps seem to not understand)

i whine about the whining, true, that's contradictory (who isnt ?)

and no, talking about game balance is not wrong as i said, but -read above the quote of your post-
    ok, You just got it. I have filled the screen with snot

ty
    Last edited by Kalevor; 02-10-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    So, you want a one class to be all these rolled into one:
    1.) Melee with the least DPS, even less than battle clerics
    2.) Worst self healing out of any "healing" type (wf wiz, bards, clerics, fvs, barbs with silver flame pots)
    3.) Some of the best AC in the game, but it is literally useless in 90% of the EE content

At high level content, they aren't a jack of all trades. They are a monkey with a banana as a magic wand.
    i just say all these real and good reasons to buff paladins are hidden if we say "BUFF EEEETTT I DONT LIKE IT". Buff it before bards and barbs cause i like it and never in on top!!!

Yeah i was overreacting a bit but i think i got a point.

And the pally sucks right now, oh well, i still play it cause i play what i like, try not to whine and give a **** if i hit 150 while another person is hiting for 20k.

And i learned i can troll today never tried it before :P

horray for me.

Give Paladins the Hjeal spell. Then they'll be able to do something useful in a group.

And i learned i can troll today
    Take it from the expert, no you really can't.

i just say all these real and good reasons to buff paladins are hidden if we say "BUFF EEEETTT I DONT LIKE IT". Buff it before bards and barbs cause i like it and never in on top!!!

Yeah i was overreacting a bit but i think i got a point.
    Only in your own mind. This thread was not "BUFF EEEETTT I DONT LIKE IT." That's solely your projection.

Give Paladins the Hjeal spell. Then they'll be able to do something useful in a group.
    Give it as a feat though....we don't have enough spell points to cast it more than 8 times a day.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

Community Member

Take it from the expert, no you really can't.
    i'd say check my million posts about "buff paladins" and maybe you will change your mind, but why would you care ?

And someone above (i'm too lazy) got it right, this post has valuable points and i got the last part only, but, mind you, it's mostly a whining and "I don't like it". I said is only that, i was wrong.

MY apologies to OP
    Last edited by harry-pancreas; 02-10-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevor View Post

it's abuild that would make you still feel ashamed, first lifer, not really uber. I just lowered my standars (with paladins) and put a thought on my gamestyle. I take you're exagerating with the "sit and pike", if not, it could actually help but I'd never put a build in the net for people to copy, i prefer variation and the need to think.

The classes people are claiming to need a buff are classes that need a party, concept lost in DDO, so i gave up with the "buff this, buff that", turbine just don't care.

Also gave up when i saw pure builds killing more mobs than a monkcher in many quests, it's all in the player and the players he plays with.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Only in your own mind. This thread was not "BUFF EEEETTT I DONT LIKE IT." That's solely your projection.
    50% true, apologized

i have to start paying atention if i'm gonna reply to a post, right ? (:

Yah mahn totally agree with you here TT.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by elraido View Post
    Give it as a feat though....we don't have enough spell points to cast it more than 8 times a day.
    Nah it should be a spell pool item even if you call it a SLA.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I don't see people asking for all the dps of fighters plus all the defense of the tanking tree for free. I'd like to see pallies get most of the dps of fighters OR the tanking tree. Right now pally dps isn't remotely on par with fighters, and the suggestions in this thread would still leave pally dps behind fighters.
    So, when you hear them say that the cost for SD is too high, and that they should drop the shield requirement for the defender stances, you assume…uh…what?

(Hint: so they can use those with THF all the time, no penalty.)

And you’re right, pallies are not at present on-par with fighters. But that all changes when the pally is doing (maybe) 50% fighter DPS, taking 50% less damage (perhaps maybe up to 75%), AND healing the fighter all at the same time. Mainly because now that have access to wicked amounts of PRR and HP, maybe healing amp, and saves that the fighter doesn’t get.

It won’t even be a contest at that point…

Leave the shield requirement in.

Cripes, I don’t even like the PRR system as it stands, but at least it is something you can hang your hat on when it comes to using a shield.

i

And i learned i can troll today never tried it before :P

horray for me.
    Trolling is like riding a motorcycle.

You can learn how to do it in a matter of minutes. However, it takes practice and experience to do it well, and safely.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I’d say that your attempt left you a red stain on some remote roadway somewhere…

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast