Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Default Epic adherent pendant is worse than heroic.

I tried to get an item that would boost my positive spellpower for levels 20-24 (after epic reincarnation, and before EE shamanic fetish).
    Necklace slot seemed to be the only free I had, so I made epic adherent's pendant.
    What a dissapointment.
    Heroic:

Epic

It should be devotion 90, like (almost) all lvl20 items in game.

If items are weaken in power on upgrades, I'm really afraid of new raid crafting in next update(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

/read by a player

That is shockingly bad. I do not understand what would possess the developers to actually reduce the power of one of an epic item's abilities relative to its heroic version.

Community Member

Personally, I'd just like the devs to weigh in on which of the following is most true:

1. We have no current plans for future Men. desert quests or endgame expansion. Yeah, a lot of the loot was poorly designed in the first place. Some of it was ok for a time but now has been reduced to useless by game mechanics changes and newer loot. We are not going to waste time fixing these problems. Players should identify the couple of items that still have some utility at level 20 and focus on those.

2. Same as #1 but at some point we are going to adjust Epic desert items to be mostly reasonable for their ml (20) with current game mechanics and loot in mind.

3. We are currently not "fixing" desert epic items because we have plans for future expansions (ie quests!) in that area, at which time we will rebalance all the desert loot and maybe even make it further upgradeable to "endgame" ml.

4. We have taken RobbinB's suggestion and are currently designing a recipe crafting system where unique freely tradeable recipes fall very rarely in random loot. These recipes produce awesome endgame loot which relies upon a variety of powerful named items that were formerly part of endgame loot but unfortunately are now underpowered and therefore just gathering dust in most players banks or inventory. Epic desert items will appear in many of these crafting recipes so there will be continued reason to produce them or put them to good use at endgame if you have already made them in the past.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Community Member

Wow, that is terrible...

And not only less Devotion, the Yellow slot disappears.

I Usually wiki these sorta things before i upgrade them, but unfortunately, even the wiki seems to not care about most Epic Sands items

its still got the old style spellpower type in the pic, but says Devotion 60 in the text description.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Adherent%27s_Pendant

All that aside though, you'd figure it would get at least a little better in all aspects, not worse in some.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by sifubob View Post
    Wow, that is terrible...

And not only less Devotion, the Yellow slot disappears.

I Usually wiki these sorta things before i upgrade them, but unfortunately, even the wiki seems to not care about most Epic Sands items

its still got the old style spellpower type in the pic, but says Devotion 60 in the text description.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Adherent%27s_Pendant

All that aside though, you'd figure it would get at least a little better in all aspects, not worse in some.
    I updated picture on wiki after I crafted item. It was superior devotion 4 before update.
    Didn't noticed describtion saying its 60 devotion.

Wizardry is meh, action boost is kind of nice, but loss of devotion is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Hello Vellrad

The reason for this is:

When Turbine introduced the Augment system they upgraded almost all named HEROIC items from all quests in the game.

Most gained augment slots and/or new/stronger abilitys.

What Turbine did not upgrade was any Epic item that was made out of a heroic item.

That's why you see lots of Heroic Ebberon items that are better then their Epic items.

Another example:

Whirlwind-Heroic crit range 18-20 dex/str Epic version crit range 19-20 only str
    Orien: Drache-V36, Merkades-V6 , Askasia-Cleric

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    That is shockingly bad. I do not understand what would possess the developers to actually reduce the power of one of an epic item's abilities relative to its heroic version.
    They didn't. They just never bothered boosting the epic version when they boosted the heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    Hello Vellrad

The reason for this is:

When Turbine introduced the Augment system they upgraded almost all named HEROIC items from all quests in the game.

What Turbine did not upgrade was any Epic item that was made out of a heroic item.

That's why you see lots of Heroic Ebberon items that are better then their Epic items.

Another example:

Whirlwind-Heroic crit range 18-20 dex/str Epic version crit range 19-20 only str
    So as usual a rushed and incomplete development work that now is declared WAI to save on the quality assurance costs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    Hello Vellrad

The reason for this is:

Another example:

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    They didn't. They just never bothered boosting the epic version when they boosted the heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    So as usual a rushed and incomplete development work that now is declared WAI to save on the quality assurance costs.
    This is hillarious and sad at the same time.

I'll just add another gripe i have. The faulty description about augment slots...
    a) A yellow augment slot (in this case) can be combined with a yellow OR colorless augment (and not only a yellow one)
    b) Augments cannot only be found as treasure or bought in he DDO store, they can also be acquired from NPCs.

(And as an addendum, i'll say that i don't like item descriptions [or anything else in-game] that direct me to the DDO store, cause that is immersion-breaking stuff)
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    This does not make it better. In fact, it makes it worse. It means they couldn't even be bothered to do a little planning and realize they would need to adjust the epic versions of heroic items, as well.

All the stuff releated to pallys are broken or just works better with other classes

/pally grief off
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Community Member

Time to turn on the way-back machine. This is going to be tough because I don't remember the exact terms, but there was a period of conversion for devotion items and others like them where certain levels that were represented in one way (superior?), became hard numbers like that 54 you are seeing. It was an astonishingly brutal nerf to some of the better named gear and outrage ensued. The Mask of Comedy for example had the exact same thing happen to it you are seeing here.

Turbine went through and upped the values of all those epic items to a much more reasonable 90 -but only on newly crafted items. To fix the existing Masks of Comedy, and other affected items, a recipe was added to the epic altar. You could drop an old item in, along with some shards of something, and it would convert the item to a new one.

It looks to me like they missed the Adherents Pendant in the correction pass. Talk about an underwhelming item. I can't believe this is the first time anyone has even noticed.
    Last edited by Katie_Seaglen; 02-05-2014 at 09:24 AM.

ahh turbine.. always good for a laugh

Community Member

I'd like to see a dev post in this thread (showing that s/he read it - and hoping that s/he read the post i made above, too), but most of all i'd like them to do their job well, avoid doing such misakes and fix the existing ones.

This is not a one-item issue, this is a consistency issue and a lousy-job issue, that may apply to a lot of aspects of the game. Imo.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Community Member

Kind of reminds me of Sacred Band.
    The epic version, while it does upgrade some of its features, completely loses the main thing: increased number of turn undead.

Community Member

Congratulations OP.

It looks like you are the first person to bother to make the epic Adherent Pendant since the spellpower pass.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Heh, that's.... awful...
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Member

Not to deflect from the suckiness of that item, but a few other options:

HE Shamanic Fetish: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Shamanic_Fetish_(Level_14)
    Devotion 66 Good Luck +2 with yellow slot for spell points and colorless slot
    Epic mask of comedy has devotion 90

Random lootgen with devotion used to drop, but I don't think it does any more. Anyhow I think it was limited to rings and hats (not counting weapons of course).

I have a heroic version of this item in a TR cache, so I decided to look at it. Mine has the Heroic Devotion as 54. But I've had mine for years thinking someday I might actually use it, but never have.

But I agree it does not make an appealing Epic Item at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast