Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    How are you getting 80 saves?

ED twist went unearthly reactions (+6 Reflex), cocoon and Lithe (+6 Reflex saves) but it didnt look like you had this?

ED Feats went light spell power, elusive target, epic reflexes, ESF:Evoc

Oo
    I'm not running with Lithe or Epic Reflex, so that puts me about 8 points below you.
    My gear only includes a +9 dex( 8 in slot + 1 from blood gem) over a +5 tome. Rest is my base 11. (again, lower than you)
    Only using basic water stance. (another -2 vs. yours).
    We pretty much have the same CHA so this bonus ain't factored....

So the only thing I can come up with is your gear.
    You have a +9 item, I have +10 (Losing 1 to all saves)
    You are probably missing +4 from Parrying (Found on my bracers)
    You are probably missing +3 from Good Luck (Found on my Trinket)
    You are probably missing +1 from Eldritch Resistance.
    I know you want to boost your reflex even higher. These could help, and will boost all 3 at the same time.

On the other hand, any reason you want to reach the 90's?
    Look nice on paper, but one of my other toons have 76 reflex with no fail on a 1, and never failed a save yet (havent ran 2 new raids on eE with him tho).
    Also, I have no clue what is a healgolem you stated, but reading your stats, it sounds like a reinforced-concrete-wall healing bot. Am I mistaken?
    If it's the truth, may I ask why use 3 feats for evoc focus? (you said you have esf:evoc). Coupled with 28 WIS, I fell like your totally waisting 3 feats, mostly on a build that doesn't have enough levels for implosion (and even if you had, Epic mobs would still die on a 1, regardless of those 3 feats). Your other (useful) evoc spells are no save anyway.
    May i suggest the full mental toughness line instead? More SP to heal/nuke (if your build has some nuking ability, which I guess since you took light spell power) but mostly more crit chances, which is in fact the true reason to take this line. More damages + more chances to regen SP was an easy choice for me.

Personally, I found my build to be resistant enough as it is for eE, so I focussed more on offensive abilities.
    Maybe because I pug a lot, but I've found it a lot more SP efficient to kill the mobs myself rather than to spam 3x more SP to heal people who doesn't have a third of my offensive ability.
    I just don't like to think I'm a merc with (hopefully) better AI.
    Leader of Iron Citadel, Khyber
    Hellyzabeth (Multi-Completionist, going for 87)
    Alts : Freakymonky (Deepwood Thrower), Ghostriker (Exalted Nuker), Naphalm Nuker (Shiradi Nuker), Venomya (Monkcher)

Quote Originally Posted by hakunamatataa View Post
    It'd be nice to have a real spell list and SLA list though because I think I'm missing some offense.
    Sorry for the late answer, hopefully you haven't TR'd out of it yet.
    This build IS great but it's not an heoric toon enhanced by some ED abilities.
    It is a destiny enhanced by it's heoric abilities.
    So until you get your destiny, it will be a pain, and you will have to turn yourself into an healing bot often.
    Try to twist Avenging Light (T1), boulder (T1) and energy burst fire (T4) ASAP. Those will get the job done while you are leveling your other destinies

As for the spell list, it's quite easy.
    3 personal buffs: fom + nightshield + GH
    2 AoE buffs : Mass Deathward + Mass Prot from Evil.
    +20 Spell Boots (human enhancement) + shoulder cannon.
    Now you're ready to wing off and nuke !!!

Don't waste time and SP for other buffs. (beside situational: mass ele prot in some content, bless if you get caught by bane...).
    As an example, I often see divines casting stupid spells like mass shield of faith.
    To tell the truth, that +5 AC won't matter in epic for 95% of the players (non-AC characters) and the remaining 5% shall already have higher than that on their gear.

As for offense, circle around those :
    spells : searing light (quicken only, other meta are a waste on this 1, and by far the worst part of your arsenal)
    SLA from destiny : Avenging Light, Renewal, Rebuke, Divine Wrath
    Twists : Boulder + energy burst fire
    Epic spells : Ruin + Hellball (max + emp + quicken)

Put all the meta you can get on SLA/twists, it's free !!!!!
    Remember you can always right-click a spell from your hotbar to assign desired meta, without having to turn on and off 'stance' for when you want quicken, maximized or none.
    Last edited by Hellyzabeth; 04-06-2014 at 09:02 AM.
    Alts : Freakymonky (Deepwood Thrower), Ghostriker (Exalted Nuker), Naphalm Nuker (Shiradi Nuker), Venomya (Monkcher)

Hey I'm currently running this setup for my current life, I intend to TR in and out of it a few times mainly so I can build up sun elf racial past life of +30 light spell power, but ultimately end up in this life. I was wondering what your thoughts were on the new ED changes.

With the changes to boulder toss, is it still worth twisting in and if not? If not what are your thoughts on a replacement.

Empyrean magic from divine crusader is a nice 20 light spell power and extra 10% spell crit chance, worth a slot maybe?

And with the addition of sun bolt as SLA at tier 6 and changes to reborn in light what are your thoughts on choice of ED ability? I'm having a hard time choosing between the two. Obviously sun bolt SLA is a nice solid ability, but reborn in light now has 10 minute cool down rather than 30 minutes, couple that with divine wrath no longer needing 10 stacks of ardor to cast I find myself deliberately letting myself die (when soloing or with guildies, I'd imagine pugs would get annoyed at it) then getting resurrect from reborn in light, and for next 2 minutes enjoying divine wrath with +100 extra spell power, half the spell point cost (just rewards makes this even sweeter) and a 4 second cool down. I'm honestly leaning more towards reborn in light, as strange as it is. Once again, wondering what your thoughts are on the matter, or if you just would still spend the EDP in a lower tier?

I'm having good fun with this build regardless, thanks for sharing!

Has the new ED changed your perspective on destiny you are going to run in or are you still running in EA?
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

I haven't builded Divine Crusader yet (been working a lot more on my main) so I'll stick on EA for the comments.

If at first I was sceptical about the changes and how it would affect this build, I stood fidel to my habits and went out to test.
    For sure, Boulder is a no-go now. (damages +/- 850, crit +/- 2k. Why it was critting if it's now a non-spell ability, god only knows).
    And losing Renew was a hit. So I tought they kinda destroyed the build.
    I played with the destiny changes a bit, tryed out few new twists, even the evil 3-spear from shadowdancer. But it ain't good on this build.

And.....

The result I got after few hours of play was even better than it was before.
    I'm still having Unheartly Reactions (tumble out of dangerous corners is amazing) and Burst.
    My 3rd twist is now adjusted according to content:
    Even if spore is OK for constructs (you don't have quite the repair spell power of arcanes on this build)
    I now use wild shots even if I always hated the casting time...

.....Unless I face undeads !!!!!
    I discovered yesterday that sigil of lifeshielding from the magister get it's damages boosted by my light spell power. And now I'm using it a lot (Deathwyrm anyone?)

As for the destiny itself, if at first it looked like a nerf, I'm blowing my way thru trash a lot quicker than before without loosing much on boss fight.
    Points in 2-avenging light, 3-light SP, 3-pos SP, 3-10% SP, 3-soundburst, 3-blood n' rad, 2-rebuke, 1-wings, 2-wrath, 2-sunbolt.

I'm still using the cheesy searing light quickened to charge stacks quicker since sun bolt is 12 secs cooldown.
    So far, sun bolt is +/- 1,1k non crit but with a reflex and 12 secs cooldown.
    I may change it for reborn, I like the approach of V4sH369 above and will give it a try.

Soundburst at tier 3 is 6 SP full meta'd and 7 secs cooldown.
    New tactic on trash :
    Wing off to a trash group, soundburst (stun DC at 59 atm) and E burst.
    Wing off to next group, soundburst, then wrath.
    Wing off to next group, soundburst, full meta's hellball.
    Rinse and repeat.
    Between those, I kill remaining trash with sunbolt + avenging light + searing + wild shot.... bla bla bla. usual stuff.

On bosses : I figured that Wrath is bugged and kept a part that it shouldn't.
    It still drains all your B n' R charges. So you have to cast it AFTER rebuke.
    So the tactic is now :
    Rebuke + DP + 10-secs-of-all-you-got-not-on-cooldown + rebuke + DP + Wrath + 10-secs-of-all-you-got-not-on-cooldown.
    Rinse and repeat.

You'll have to adjust yourself with new Wrath 20 secs cooldown, mostly if you are healing your group at the same time.
    The new mass cure SLA is 35 SP and 9 secs cooldown. You can have it quickened + emp heal + emp + maximized for some amazing heals (better than some ppl's mass heal).
    But the cooldown and SP cost are wrong IMO for a divine destiny. Should've been a cure light at +/- 15 SP and 6 secs to make it a fair deal.
    Agains a heavy hitter, between 20 secs cooldown wrath + 9 secs mass SLA, you will have to use your quickened and emp-heal mass cure (as spell), which will cost you nuking SP.
    And without renew, I'm thinking about taking back scroll enahncements when I'm assigned to baby sit a tank.

So my opinion on the change :
    For soloing, the renew lost is sad but you can easilly make up without.
    In a party, you gained as a nuker, and lost as an healer.
    On the other hand, I see more and more sentinel clerics. Make sure they are on tank's duty with their new renew, and nuke more yourself.
    Oh btw, I'm now stealing aggro from tanks a lot easier than before. Be ready to use that diplo skill
    Last edited by Hellyzabeth; 04-08-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Community Member

The mass cure makes my healing even better. Im only really interested in being able to handle end game raids, and the new changes looks like a nice boost. I use divine wrath for healing now, cant believe I didn't find it earlier. I never really seem to even use heal anymore, everyone self heals

Can you get sunburst to crit btw? I saw none. I assume it should crit off radiance lore.

Edit: looks like I am getting some crits tonight, but not much. My avenging light crits for more than the sunbolt!
    Last edited by goldgolem; 04-08-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Can you get sunburst to crit btw? I saw none. I assume it should crit off radiance lore.
    My avenging light crits for more than the sunbolt!
    I haven't even checked if soundburst could crit.
    With roughly 50 base damage, even if empowered + maximized, it's still useless in epic.
    But when it lands a stun, I see massive improvements on my already high AoE nukes thanks to that 50% helpless xtra damages.
    Now, if I was to make that on my main, i would definately twist sense weakness along energy burst.

As for avenging light, I get half damage for a quarter cooldown vs. sunbolt.
    So avenging light is simply 2x better over time. (and even more on evasoin mobs.)
    I am more and more thinking about making some good uses of reborn in light...

Community Member

I'm curious how this build works in the new raids that basically have no shrine and endless respawns. In my last (failed) deathwrym raid, I had used all my mana (and over 100 heal scrolls) simply healing people, and most of my healing was simply using cocoon. Otherwise I'm healing with the cleric aura/burst and emeliorating strike.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheGardes View Post
    I'm curious how this build works in the new raids that basically have no shrine and endless respawns. In my last (failed) deathwrym raid, I had used all my mana (and over 100 heal scrolls) simply healing people, and most of my healing was simply using cocoon. Otherwise I'm healing with the cleric aura/burst and emeliorating strike.

You have to let them die. Its old school all over again

They will bring more survivable toons or toons with self healing. I dont join if there are multiple toons without evasion and self heal

I also dont heal until the dragon room, let people heal themselves in the mirrors. Also, hope for the tower fight, then don't rest and just drop down when you run out of mana and use the shrine on your way back up
    Last edited by goldgolem; 04-11-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGardes View Post
    In my last (failed) deathwrym raid, I had used all my mana (and over 100 heal scrolls) simply healing people, and most of my healing was simply using cocoon.
    Remember what this build is: (in that order)
    1. A nuker
    2. A chest blesser
    3. An healer
    4. A gimp

You can definatelly play it as an healer anytime, but a pure healing bot with an aura will get the job done better. Mostly if your group is not self-suff and relying on your heals only.

As for myself, I only ran deathwyrm twice (both eH) with this toon (it's an alt for me). Used 2-3 pots, maybe 4 at worst. (that was before the destiny change, so I could renew myself for 3 pts). Gotta say both time I was with a pretty solid group and my job was to kite on the platform while the group was doing the bubble-portals. So my SP bar was only used to take care of myself, while playing with trash and killing red named ?necromancer? respawns. I'm not carrying heal scrolls or cocoon myself. But most of the time, when I kite in circles, a well placed divine wrath hits all tragets + myself and it's almost enough to never cast any other healing. I also ususaly put 1 BB (no-meta) where I kite. No meta = close to useless damages, but a bunch of trash running into it + shoulder cannon = a LOT of times 'just reward' kicks in from crits, thus SLA becomes even more cheaper.

As for thunderpeak, I ran twice too; first time as a tank baby-sitter (which should not cost a lot of SP unless you do it wrong) and the other time I was to grab aggro from the skinnier one and play with him. This 1 cost me a lot more pots, but it's only due to the fact I deceided I would take the skinny down quicker than the group would on fatty.

Community Member

Default u23 build update?

Hey ghost, awesome build thanks for posting. Any thoughts you have on how you plan on updating with the upcoming changes to pali splashes?

Quote Originally Posted by chazick View Post
    Hey ghost, awesome build thanks for posting. Any thoughts you have on how you plan on updating with the upcoming changes to pali splashes?
    No plans yet, I'm waiting to see and test the final release (I was expecting all of them with U23 rather than a future patch).
    If it's only a lost to saves, I may keep it as it is. +8 everywhere is still decent.
    Depending on the overall result, there is still many options the most obvious being 1-2 cleric for more spell power.

I never updated the build, but I'm using different items and twists now than on the original post. TF weapon, lantern ring, cove boots, emperyan magic....
    Since it's not my main character, I'm not planning to update the gear with the new Necro items, even tho there is a possibility to push the limits further.
    But I changed the enhancements to include some more spell power from the Harper Agent tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellyzabeth View Post
    No plans yet, I'm waiting to see and test the final release (I was expecting all of them with U23 rather than a future patch).
    If it's only a lost to saves, I may keep it as it is. +8 everywhere is still decent.
    Depending on the overall result, there is still many options the most obvious being 1-2 cleric for more spell power.

I never updated the build, but I'm using different items and twists now than on the original post. TF weapon, lantern ring, cove boots, emperyan magic....
    Since it's not my main character, I'm not planning to update the gear with the new Necro items, even tho there is a possibility to push the limits further.
    But I changed the enhancements to include some more spell power from the Harper Agent tree.

If you're thinking of dropping monk for heavy armor, I'd suggest a 2+ wizard splash to pick up free maximize.

******************** Build updated with U23 gear. See first post. ********************

looking good, I've been thinking about doing something similar when i get back around to my final life fvs (currently farming some sorc past lives with a static group). I the same 16/2/2 split as you back in U21, but with the recent changes was looking at dropping the monk too. Does the loss of evasion hurt that much? Also I was wondering about a couple of choices, you've gone with 16/4 but only got +10% speed from it (and more saves if paladin divine grace changes are live yet, no idea though, haven't had paladin in a few lives, but with saves above 80, a couple more points are trivial really), which is fine if thats what you like, unless I'm missing something? I've been looking at 17 fvs 3 pld, which means you get a bit more spellcasting flexibility, and more importantly wings from fvs, which means you can save the points in EA and pick up Sunbolt or Shadows upon you. Thanks for updating this build though, it is a great one.

Quote Originally Posted by V4sH369 View Post
    Does the loss of evasion hurt that much?
    Not much. In some quest, I'd prefer to get hit by nothing trap wise (great reflex + evasion), but overall and including non-reflex damages sources, the PRR and MRR are really worth it. As for what can be reduced by reflexes, unless I roll a 1, I already take half damage. Add to it 50+ resists and almost 50% absorb of the leftovers with PRR/MRR. I do take some damages but I can easily live without evasion.

Also I was wondering about a couple of choices, you've gone with 16/4 but only got +10% speed from it
    Correct. 4th paladin was at first for +6 con and the 10% speed. I spreaded the points elsewhere but kept the speed. I play very aggressively and like to zerg. So the 10% is more than welcome when wings are on timer. Also, if I face a large group of non-evade mobs, 10% speed is perfect for a BB-dance.

I've been looking at 17 fvs 3 pld, which means you get a bit more spellcasting flexibility, and more importantly wings from fvs, which means you can save the points in EA and pick up Sunbolt or Shadows upon you. Thanks for updating this build though, it is a great one.
    16/3 is basicaly what makes this build (12/3 is the base of it and 16 to keep more spell flexibility, as you pointed). I tryed many different classes combo. Personally, 16/4 is what i prefer and what works best with my play style, but that don't reject the other options which may become even better with different playing. I personally had no use for 1 more lvl 7 and 8 spell thus skiped the 17 FvS idea.
    I wouldn't drop EA wings either, but again, this is according to my playstyle. You won't be able to get sunbolt anyway unless you take out wrath or reborn. As for Shadow upon you, trash dies quick enough to have it be stacked to a useful amount. On a boss fight maybe, so it would save a little less for half damage on a wrath, but most other attacks are no-save already. Moreover, you'd have to cut somewhere else as well to free a second point in the destiny.

Thanks for your comments, glad to see some people still have interest in this build!!

Community Member

Thumbs up LIght Spellpower

How do you get over 600 light spellpower? Is this number somehow with max/emp or without. If without please help me get there.

Quote Originally Posted by vin71 View Post
    How do you get over 600 light spellpower? Is this number somehow with max/emp or without. If without please help me get there.
    It's without, since they don't show up on character screen.
    Thus the real amount is 664 + 75 + 150 where applicable.
    Take note that 664 is temporary, and I know people that reached over 750 with cleric/fvs splits.

Let me try to give a breakdown:
    Currently upon login I have 419, which includes gear (144 on ring, 10 on orb, blue dragon set...), enhancements (AoV, Harper, Trad. Caster in Human, Righteous wpn + cores in Warpriest...) destiny static points (radiant power) and skills (spellcraft at 80).

Add pseudo-permanent bonusses : Scourge +30, Blood and Radiance +30, Emperyan Magic +20. = 499
    Add half-permanent (depending on your wealth) : Pots of greater brillance (sold in house P) +20, pots of Spellpower (Comms turn ins) +25. = 544
    Add temp. buffs: Human spell power boost +20, Reborn in Light +100 = 664.

Now, to reach even higher:
    If I was sunelf, I could take out 20 temporary (boost) and 10 permanent (trad caster) and replace by 30 permanent (enhancements).
    I could also add 30 with 3x sun elf past lifes (maybe once I'll be done with my main getting close to it's target of 87 Past Lives).
    Pots of superior brillance exist in Eveningstar, but they implies farming challenges for 5 extra power. I'm not that crazy.
    A tome of spellcraft could add +/- 5 more.
    3x Arcane PL (enchant weapon) for 9 more (altho if I was to make epic compl. I'd go with energy critical for lovely burst and hellballs)
    Yugo pots (+1), Store pots(+1), Arti PL(+1 per life) and Completionist(+3) could also add a tiny bit more.

Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by Hellyzabeth; 02-17-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Community Member

Hi, I want to use this build too. I'm trying it on Lamannia, but dunno if something is wrong with me or whatever. I'm nearly new in epics too, but the question is: is avenging light and divine wrath the only way to go for damage (and the burst)? Could i know all ur dmg sources on trash?

Quote Originally Posted by Yummers View Post
    Hi, I want to use this build too. I'm trying it on Lamannia, but dunno if something is wrong with me or whatever. I'm nearly new in epics too, but the question is: is avenging light and divine wrath the only way to go for damage (and the burst)? Could i know all ur dmg sources on trash?
    Sorry for the late reply.
    Damage sources are: Avenging Light (SLA-3 secs cooldown), Searing Light (Unmeta'ed-3 secs), Energy Burst (SLA-30 secs), Divine Wrath (SLA-20 Secs), Epic Ruin (All Meta-15 secs), Hellball (All Meta-6 secs).
    I also sometimes use Blade Barrier (All Meta) and very occasionaly use Divine Punishement (All Meta).

I personally prefer the boost and safety granted by Reborn in Light, but you could also consideer Sun Bolt instead from Exalted Angel (Can't have both + Divine Wrath).

Also, since you pointed out that you were curious about trash, remember to use that Soundburst SLA (7 secs). You will see a dramatic increase in DPS against mobs that aren't immune.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast