Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalConcreteSledge View Post
    Idk why epic completionist doesn't cost a slot. I think it should, just like heroic... They are too good to be free.
    Both should be free if you work that hard to get that they should be passsive

Quote Originally Posted by 2Crusader View Post
    Yes!

I think 99 out of a 100 players would agree with this, but that always seem to make the devs more pig-headed about making the change, which they easily could.

Community Member

I've been an advocate for dedicated 'Past Life Feat' slots. Y'know, everyone gets one starting at level whatever...let's say 4, and then another every 4 levels after (adjust numbers as appropriate for however many Active Past Life Feats would be 'balanced'). Active Past Life Feats and Completionist would be able to be selected for those slots.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

give people who earned it the right way the feat for free, and let people who bought it have to take it still. although i guess that doesnt really make things better because no matter what the game will cater more towards the people who pay for it...

and give the people who earned it the right way more than once a cat scan and a job...

Quote Originally Posted by waryJerry View Post
    I think 99 out of a 100 players would agree with this, but that always seem to make the devs more pig-headed about making the change, which they easily could.
    A bit like how they could fix the bug for the Quiver of Poison? I wouldn't be surprised if a part of why it remains the way it is is due to implementation details.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    IMO, anyone who has completed heroic completionist should get that feat for free, instead of it filling up a feat slot.
    /signed There are to many feat starved class's that don't have any wiggle room where feats are concerned....after all the time and effort needed to unlock it....it should be auto-granted.

Distributed - Currently on life 80.

besides the dead horse part,
    dev's have stated that a feat slot is a fair trade off for +2 stats.
    Epic completionist just works totally different, can't pick a twist as a feat

With all the lay offs etc, asking for changes need to be done more selectively.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

... and the free completionist feat should stack up to 3 times just as the class feats do
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````
    MuleAxe | Occidere| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

M O N A R C H
    of Thelanis

All PLs are feats. Some are active and some are passive. Completionist feat is quite powerful and was rightfully coded as an active feat.
    Epic Fail
    Orien server

Default Questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    I was just wondering why you still have the completionist feat costing a feat slot but if you do an epic completionist the slot just opens. Should we not get Completionist automatically now or maybe an extra feat slot, allowing you to use it or not. but still get a bonus. Tha argument I have seen in the past is that you get bonuses for the past lives and this is just extra, but this also applys to epic completionist,

anyways just ,my two cents

Clarice
    Well, you see, it's this convoluted new math:

1. You get regular completionist by taking the feat (which so far I have not had issue doing, unless I roll up a paladin), which sucks, but FOR NOW(tm), you can TR for only 20 tokens, which takes a day or two to achieve.
    2. You get epic completionist FREE, but in order to get it, you need 4200 friggin commendations at 13 a quest. This can take a month or two on hardcore gamers, and for people like me will be closer to chucking out cash at the store or, at 2.5 hours a day, taking 6 months per life.

It's a balance, you see...
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

Default I threw up in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Neither should cost a feat.
    When I read Teh_Troll's post and realized I agreed with it and it was both succinct and relevant. Alas, I must wait to upvote it, but one is forthcoming as SOON as the ladder bug is worked out!
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Nerf Happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Llewndyn View Post

1. You get regular completionist by taking the feat (which so far I have not had issue doing, unless I roll up a paladin), which sucks, but FOR NOW(tm), you can TR for only 20 tokens, which takes a day or two to achieve.
    2. You get epic completionist FREE, but in order to get it, you need 4200 friggin commendations at 13 a quest. This can take a month or two on hardcore gamers, and for people like me will be closer to chucking out cash at the store or, at 2.5 hours a day, taking 6 months per life.

i realy agree on the 4200 comms needed to tr being to much, i also agree that passive heroic pastlives seemed to give a bigger impact in heroics then epl seem to do on epics.

But how did you get to 13 com's a quest? what content are you playing the most and at what level and difficulty?
    i admit that i play somewhat more then you (3 hours a day, 4 in the weekend) but i pick up about 2100 coms a week (wich gets me to 28 within that first week). i'm using tome and the ocaisional daily dice exp pot (esp when i do von5 once per life).
    I'm by no means a hardcore gamer, i pug alot and there is atleast 1 in there costing the party 10% exp, but i never needed 2 months to get 4200 hearts. i'm on my11 th life atm and bought 1 epic heart when they were at sale, the rest was earned the hard way.

Community Member

Heroic Completionist is just not a big deal anymore. Every day I feel like I meet a completionist who still doesn't know basics about the game, and I can only assume it is because they just to do easy content over and over again.

Granted, Epic Completionist is much the same, in that regard. I'd rather completionist get something cosmetic (maybe special armor, or another set of wings), but nothing that adds any real power.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Llewndyn View Post

yeah instead of running Von3 and LOD chain try upping your game.

Do daily runs of EE Your not going to gain a heart by doing the Epic equivalent of Korthos Island

Get to level 28 with enough CoV to ETR and you'll have nothing to complaint about.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Crusader View Post
    No, sry EE endgame is hard (for most builds), heroic elite nowdays is nothing but a Korthos island unless you decide to just pay up and skip it like many do.

Hamster wheeling in this game gets enough benefits as it is...
    NESALOMLJIVI, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    i realy agree on the 4200 comms needed to tr being to much, i also agree that passive heroic pastlives seemed to give a bigger impact in heroics then epl seem to do on epics.

But how did you get to 13 com's a quest? what content are you playing the most and at what level and difficulty?
    i admit that i play somewhat more then you (3 hours a day, 4 in the weekend) but i pick up about 2100 coms a week (wich gets me to 28 within that first week). i'm using tome and the ocaisional daily dice exp pot (esp when i do von5 once per life).
    I'm by no means a hardcore gamer, i pug alot and there is atleast 1 in there costing the party 10% exp, but i never needed 2 months to get 4200 hearts. i'm on my11 th life atm and bought 1 epic heart when they were at sale, the rest was earned the hard way.
    I'm still working on Llewndyn's past lives, I got this fighter life, 1 more, then 2 sorc lives; so until then I've been doing really only EH because I don't keep any epic gear. I use whatever vendor loot I manage to pick up and I am doing one ED per life which may or may not have anything to do with my current life... So I flagged for CITW because flagging for new raids no one runs is fun for me (Hooray MA and LOB and Titan!), and was getting between 13 and 18 comms per run...

I've asked where all the big comm quests are, and gotten almost nothing back. Let's say you get 25 comms per quest. If you are getting 2100 comms a week, that means you have run 84 quests per week. Let's also assume you run about the same number of quests per day, so we'll take that down to 12 quests per night. If you are playing 3 hours a night, that's 15 minutes per quest, meaning things like VON and some of the longer quests are out of the question. That also means no interruptions, no bathroom breaks, no afks, all PUG members are buffed and ready to go and there is no real time wasted getting to each quest. I am NOT claiming you are a little off in your math, but I, and quite a few people I'd wager, don't have those kinds of conditions. I am guessing for the majority of us, 5 or 6 quests a night is a pretty decent haul, which includes running to each quest, waiting on PUGgers, letting the dogs out, bios, all that.

Also (and wholeheartedly not your fault), this also insinuates you take commendations for EVERY quest end reward, meaning you are hamstrung into ignoring anything else in the reward list. Legendary victory? Nope, COMMS. Rare loot or really nice vendor loot? No.... COMMS. Picture of a ninja jump punching a clown? No.....M-Fin' COMMS!

As I said a minute ago, I usually have to take a look at the other items on the list, because I don't carry much epic stuff (I have EAGA and E elemental greataxe and Greataxe of the Drow something or other, but thats about it), so my getting of comms is further diminished....

Ways to fix it? Either ramp up the amount of commendations you get to make it WORTH it to take them, or make them like the tokens and something you get from the end chest. I realize Turbine took them out to keep people from farming chests for them, but if someone wants to run Rusted Blades 3482901 times, let them I say...

And finally, my argument is that you shouldn't HAVE to earn those comms the hard way. They should be just like the heroic ones and not a hindrance to everything else. That all ties into the OP and the convoluted, lame (I believe someone had the gall to call heart seeds elegant, I scoffed so hard I had to call in sick at work the next day) process to ETR and the payoff VS. the heroic versions of the same. I'm not looking forward, TBH, to finishing up my heroic lives and realizing the grind hath increased six-fold, but it is what it is.

* I know VON 3 takes less than 10 minutes to run, I'm talking about VON 5
    Last edited by Llewndyn; 02-25-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    Nerf Happiness

Default Ehh...

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    Heroic Completionist is just not a big deal anymore. Every day I feel like I meet a completionist who still doesn't know basics about the game, and I can only assume it is because they just to do easy content over and over again.

Granted, Epic Completionist is much the same, in that regard. I'd rather completionist get something cosmetic (maybe special armor, or another set of wings), but nothing that adds any real power.
    I got my completionist without any Otto's boxes, and to further it I got completionist by getting to 20 each level pure so as to learn the mechanics of each class. For every completionist you meet who has no idea what they're doing I know 4 who could roll up a shroud ready level 4 first life character TODAY. Your personal experience is not to be discounted, but it is a statistically insignificant cross section of a growing demographic. Hampering and downplaying the achievement of all of us would be the same kind of shortsightedness as arcanes whining that melees are keeping up in kill count so we need to nerf Ter- wait, that happened... hmm... well it's as lame as whining that Shrouds were being completed too easily so we needed to buff the bla- no.... that happened too... Well it's like nerfing slaye- dangit!

I will file this, with all due respect, under Misguided, Shortsighted Nerfs that No One Bothered Researching Before Implementation. It's a pretty thick file.
    Nerf Happiness

Default Nice Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    yeah instead of running Von3 and LOD chain try upping your game.

Do daily runs of EE Your not going to gain a heart by doing the Epic equivalent of Korthos Island

Get to level 28 with enough CoV to ETR and you'll have nothing to complaint about.
    I have run Von 3 3 or 4 times on my epic character, and haven't set foot in the LOD chain on elite. You have no idea what you're talking about. I love mouth breathing teeth gnashing foaming at the bit trolls who try to act all big and tough on the forums and end up as soul stones I can fondle in my backpack, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I have a level 23 2nd life rogue who can do EE content and keep up with and sometimes surpass much higher level characters WHILE getting traps even WITH the 15 second assassinate cooldown... I'm not going to run EE content daily until I'm bored, bitter and pathetic just to appease some guy on the forums. For a lot of people running EE is an accomplishment. To me EE wizard King is Wizard King, just takes longer. It's no more fun than running it on Heroic Elite, bloating bad guys HP by a factor of 493 and giving them deathward != fun.

Maybe you should up YOUR game before running your mouth on the forums. Just sayin.
    Nerf Happiness

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast