Community Member

Default Epic reincarnation question - need help

Let's say i run a quest, I'll use Von 3 as an example, a number of times then epic reincarnate back to level 20. Will my quest counter reset - meaning the first time I run Von 3 i will get the first time bonuses and no penalties when I continue to run the quest, or will I be at -80% right off the hop?

Community Member

no epic reincarnate doesn't reset your quest ransack/counters - it only resets the chest ransack.

So you can't keep getting first time bonuses, etc. And quest ransack carries over.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Wow. So how do these people that have tons of epic reincarnations do it? They are scraping at the xp the more epic lives they accumulate or do they squeeze in a heroic true reincarnation in the mix to reset the quests?

Community Member

You lose xp and it takes longer to get to 28. However, with the com system that basically means you don't need to spend as much time after reaching 28 to farm for more coms. So from a time perspective it's almost a non-issue because coms are the limiting factor rather than xp. You spend roughly the same amount of time farming for your coms regardless of xp. That will change with the next release because com drops will go up based on any xp buffs you have.

Also, a bunch of quests are getting an xp buff next release and Von 3 xp is getting cut in half.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by joenic2 View Post
    Wow. So how do these people that have tons of epic reincarnations do it? They are scraping at the xp the more epic lives they accumulate or do they squeeze in a heroic true reincarnation in the mix to reset the quests?
    Quest XP resets, you don't incur penalties like you used to(I think this is what you're talking about? If not, ignore my post lol). If you ransack a quest to -80% in 2 days it'll be back to normal XP + daily play through bonus. I think its +50% per day until it gets back to 0%.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

It's not such a huge amount of effort when you break it down. There are a number of ways to do it. I posted an easy way that anyone can do it here.

If actually earning your past lives and playing the game seems like too much effort, then you have the option of just breaking out your credit card and buying all your past lives instead using experience stones, XP pots, epic hearts and minimal effort. If you buy lots and lots of them then you can come back to the forums and even try and claim it as an achievement that you've spent more money than anyone else and played less than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    It's not such a huge amount of effort when you break it down. There are a number of ways to do it. I posted an easy way that anyone can do it here.

If actually earning your past lives and playing the game seems like too much effort, then you have the option of just breaking out your credit card and buying all your past lives instead using experience stones, XP pots, epic hearts and minimal effort. If you buy lots and lots of them then you can come back to the forums and even try and claim it as an achievement that you've spent more money than anyone else and played less than most.
    Grow up dead

Depends, some of us constantly farm in same build over and over again, and some of us (like me) mix it with iconic tr to be in a build that uses the most for a specific sphere. Example do a melle for martial sphere, do a monkcher or shiradi for primal, do a sorc or artie /funny i know but works/ for draconic, and then go to lama forums and hope crusader comes faster to live so taht you dont need to make a light spp build for divine sphere.
    Point is to make it interesting and fun, otherwise you will get burnt out realy fast.
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 02-01-2014 at 06:02 AM.

Question ETR & raid flagging

8 Heroic life's and now about to do my 1st epic TR on my 1st Iconic life.

What I'm worried about is when I ETR back to 20, that I will have to re-flag for epic raids like Fall of Truth.

My other question is regarding which ED past life feat from primal is better on a Artificer who loves his repeater & casting? Queen or Double shot?? And can I get away with only 1-2 life's??? I like to TR a little but not to the point it becomes mind numbing.
    Queen: once within 30sec (down to 10sec after 3 past life's)
    Or
    Double shot: 3% extra chance of extra shot for non repeaters (up to 9%). What is the Double shot chance with repeaters?

I feel the Queen is a bit weak with just one life but sounds great after 3 life's but is it useful? And the unknown effect of Double shot makes me feel it's a waste of time on a repeater build. Please help :/
    Dwithian Elf AA Ranger Lv25 (2nd life) - Audioslave Human Artificer (7th life out of 11ish) - Domesday Human Pal/Fighter/Monk Lv12/4/2 (3rd life) - Maxpower Warforged Barbarian/Rogue Lv18/2 (32p 1st life)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwithian View Post

What I'm worried about is when I ETR back to 20, that I will have to re-flag for epic raids like Fall of Truth.
    All flagging persists through ETR.

ETR is similar to a lesser reincarnation. Flagging, favor, and quest completions are all preserved.

And can I get away with only 1-2 life's??? I like to TR a little but not to the point it becomes mind-numbing.
    You can get away with zero past lives heroic or epic and be EE viable. There aren't a lot of builds that are dependent on having stacks of past lives, and those that are tend to also be dependent on high gearing requirements which are similarly time-intensive to farm out.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

squeeze in a heroic true reincarnation in the mix to reset the quests?
    This is what I choose..
    Not just for the xp resets, but because the 20-28 game just doesn't have as much variety in them to keep me from getting bored.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

My other question is regarding which ED past life feat from primal is better on a Artificer who loves his repeater & casting? Queen or Double shot?? And can I get away with only 1-2 life's??? I like to TR a little but not to the point it becomes mind numbing.
    Queen: once within 30sec (down to 10sec after 3 past life's)
    Or
    Double shot: 3% extra chance of extra shot for non repeaters (up to 9%). What is the Double shot chance with repeaters?

I feel the Queen is a bit weak with just one life but sounds great after 3 life's but is it useful? And the unknown effect of Double shot makes me feel it's a waste of time on a repeater build. Please help :/
    I personally like queen. I TR through alot of classes, and it's nice to have something which is useful any class I am in. Also, it's awesome during during heroic levels. At level 5 I'm insta-killing bosses if my proc happens on them. I found that it seems to hit ~250-ish per hit. No idea if it's affected by spell power as mine is low.

I also like the occasional rain of hams from it, as well as turning enemies to stone. It's less predictable, which is kinda nice because it gets boring doing the exact amount of damage every hit, and it throws in a "heh, stoned ogre" aspect which amuses me.

From a pure DPS standpoint, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Grow up dead
    Most people grow up alive. Most people.

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Seriously, get over it.
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Depends, some of us constantly farm in same build over and over again, and some of us (like me) mix it with iconic tr to be in a build that uses the most for a specific sphere. Example do a melle for martial sphere, do a monkcher or shiradi for primal, do a sorc or artie /funny i know but works/ for draconic, and then go to lama forums and hope crusader comes faster to live so taht you dont need to make a light spp build for divine sphere.
    Point is to make it interesting and fun, otherwise you will get burnt out realy fast.
    Indeed, mixing in your Iconic TRs ( if you skip raids ) is a good idea, since it allows 2 past lives to be done at the same time ( Iconic + Heroic ) and resets all your Bravery Bonuses and first time bonuses.
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd

Uber Completionist

Let's say i run a quest, I'll use Von 3 as an example, a number of times then epic reincarnate back to level 20. Will my quest counter reset - meaning the first time I run Von 3 i will get the first time bonuses and no penalties when I continue to run the quest, or will I be at -80% right off the hop?
    By the way, as a word of advice, I recommend not doing a quest more than twice a day, ever.

This will ensure that you get Commendations of Valor at least 1 time out of 2.

It will also make it so your penalty will go from -40% back to full, daily. So more XP.

And since XP is purely a mindless grind at this point, when you get into the whole ETR'ing thing, it allows for some diversity.