Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhtagn View Post
    If you are going for 6 levels in any of either class, I agree on chosing the monk - you just lose too much by going Rogue 6 in my opinion.
    Rogue 5, however, offers Vault, which is quite useful, and 2 sneak attack dice compared to Monk 6/Rogue 2. Still, you should be fine either way.

    As for epic destinies, don't stress yourself over those, yet. The build should work well with Legendary Dreadnought, but that can wait 'till you hit 20.
    I wasn't sure how useful vault was, but I think I'll like monk 6 better though, they'll both work well depending on how you like to play. I don't have much experience with rogues so I'll stick to monk this time :]

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pwin Teaks
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    I dont think shiradi would be that good, id be spamming cleaves, ek cleave, whirlwind, so I think going ld will have a lot of synergy with my playstyle, and provide a nice raw damage boost.
    AOE nerve venom doubles the dmg on your cleaves, and keeps you alive. To not speak of all what that would bring you once grouped up.

    I mean what would be the point of building a weaker version of a centered paladin kensai?
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

  3. #23
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shenanigans920 View Post
    Edit: after messing around with the character enhancements at level 20, I think I'm going to go 12W/6M/2R, netting me an extra monk feat, better monk stances and access to t5 monk trees (I like henshin t5 more than TA). And only losing the 1% dodge bonus from uncanny dodge (I think its only worth 6 dodge at lvl 20 if I take 20 levels of rogue?)

    I'll edit the build up top when I'm done with it, any thoughts?

    Thanks :]
    Uncanny dodge is based on character levels, not rogue levels, youll get the full 6% dodge at level 20 with it.

    Every light casts a shadow is pretty sweet though

    Just bear in mind, quick strike (tier 2) in the thief acrobat tree has a 12 second cool down, its a 20 second cool down in henshin.

  4. #24
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    AOE nerve venom doubles the dmg on your cleaves, and keeps you alive. To not speak of all what that would bring you once grouped up.

    I mean what would be the point of building a weaker version of a centered paladin kensai?
    Its only got a 7% proc rate, Im not writing off shiradi, but its not a playstyle im used to, id definitely try it. But Id probably stay in ld, twisting in stay frosty, sense weakness and the +1.5w from gmof.

    I dont consider builds like this to be a weaker version of something, they're different.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Uncanny dodge is based on character levels, not rogue levels, youll get the full 6% dodge at level 20 with it.
    It sounds like it would just be every four rogue levels.. seems a little OP with just 4 splash of rogue gets all that dodge.. char gen doesn't display dodge chance so I'm not sure how it would end up at 20

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    Just bear in mind, quick strike (tier 2) in the thief acrobat tree has a 12 second cool down, its a 20 second cool down in henshin.
    Oh really? I saw they were the same skill and figured they had the same CD.. hmm.. I'll check my enhancements to see if I can pick that up instead

  6. #26
    Community Member Draiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    503

    Default I Like Your Style

    Heya. I've been running a similar build for several years now. I've attempted several versions of the concept, and this is MY favorite version so far. I have to tell you, with as many epic past lives that I have now, the build is really insane in terms of what it can handle. Draydin solos most EE content with me half asleep behind the keyboard.

    Anyways, here is a link to my guild's website, where I posted the build.

    In the end, you're going to want to try different versions and fighting styles until you find the one that suits your playstyle the best, but here are some answers to questions and comments I've seen in this thread so far...

    -You will want Legendary Dreadnaught, without a doubt.
    -Take the Palemaster t5 enhancements. The vamp form, after attaining PRR through epic PLs, is your best form. After you reach roughly 80-90 PRR, you'll never be a wraith again. After attaining all PRR PLs, you'll have 131 PRR in Earth Stance without taking into account any feats, like Epic Damage Reduction.
    -You want high STR and high WIS. The stunning fist DCs can handle the toughest rated mobs in DDO to date, at least with a high'ish degree of confidence. You can attain stun DCs right at 70 in the LD destiny.
    -Notice the enhancements portion of the post and notice (specifically) that Eldritch Knight is barely more than a splash in this particular build.
    -Unless you prefer ranged combat, stop thinking about it. I say that because this build will grow into a version that can handle more damage than most endgame tanks. Learn to love fighting toe-to-toe in EE combat and this build can carry you (and five other soul stones) to completion.
    -Jesus God... Human only, bro. Human. The dual-action-boosts (with 10 each per shrine) is massive, burst dps in dreadnaught. Especially when you stun the mobs.
    -Eldritch Strike ticks the blitz ticker. Also, it's fun to use while cleave/great cleave are on cooldown. The +1[w] is kinda weak, but it still does decent AoE melee damage.

    Have fun and let me know if you have any lingering questions!
    Last edited by Draiden; 04-27-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Proud Leader of Redemption

  7. #27
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draiden View Post
    Anyways, <a href="http://redemptionddo.enjin.com/forum/m/20267583/viewthread/10784991-necromonk-selfhealing-highevasion-highdps-dreadnought/" target="_blank">here</a> is a link to my guild's website, where I posted the build. (I don't understand why my link code isn't working correctly.)
    the forums don't use html code, they use BB code.

    url links are done with
    [url=Yourwebsite]Your Text[/url]

  8. #28
    Community Member Draiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Fixed and thanks!
    Proud Leader of Redemption

  9. #29
    Community Member HuneyMunster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Small village on Mars
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draiden View Post
    Heya. I've been running a similar build for several years now. I've attempted several versions of the concept, and this is MY favorite version so far. I have to tell you, with as many epic past lives that I have now, the build is really insane in terms of what it can handle. Draydin solos most EE content with me half asleep behind the keyboard.

    Anyways, here is a link to my guild's website, where I posted the build.

    In the end, you're going to want to try different versions and fighting styles until you find the one that suits your playstyle the best, but here are some answers to questions and comments I've seen in this thread so far...

    -You will want Legendary Dreadnaught, without a doubt.
    -Take the Palemaster t5 enhancements. The vamp form, after attaining PRR through epic PLs, is your best form. After you reach roughly 80-90 PRR, you'll never be a wraith again. After attaining all PRR PLs, you'll have 131 PRR in Earth Stance without taking into account any feats, like Epic Damage Reduction.
    -You want high STR and high WIS. The stunning fist DCs can handle the toughest rated mobs in DDO to date, at least with a high'ish degree of confidence. You can attain stun DCs right at 70 in the LD destiny.
    -Notice the enhancements portion of the post and notice (specifically) that Eldritch Knight is barely more than a splash in this particular build.
    -Unless you prefer ranged combat, stop thinking about it. I say that because this build will grow into a version that can handle more damage than most endgame tanks. Learn to love fighting toe-to-toe in EE combat and this build can carry you (and five other soul stones) to completion.
    -Jesus God... Human only, bro. Human. The dual-action-boosts (with 10 each per shrine) is massive, burst dps in dreadnaught. Especially when you stun the mobs.
    -Eldritch Strike ticks the blitz ticker. Also, it's fun to use while cleave/great cleave are on cooldown. The +1[w] is kinda weak, but it still does decent AoE melee damage.

    Have fun and let me know if you have any lingering questions!
    How would a whirlwind attack version dropping toughness, cleave, great cleave and epic evasion for mobility, spring attack, combat expertise and whirlwind attack perform compared to your build?

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    322

    Default

    I am playing 12 wiz 6 monk 2 fighter in Sarlona.
    I saw the build in Youtube.. But going with Fists because Stunning Fist is really great for me.

    It actually is a pretty good build and usually competes with the strongest builds in my guild runs.

    Problem is SP will be low and so you have to minimize Neg. Energy bursts. Infact, i never use them. But your Defense will be great with Tensers. No need Perma. Most of ur SP will be spent on 2 min+ hastes, Displace, Tensers, Rage

    At lvl 26, i have about 1165 SP and try to make it count. A Torc will really help this build. If not, you're just gonna hve to use the shrines.

    Comments on the feats and skills:


    More 'Heal' than spellcraft, u wont be casting much Ice storms for their DPS and mana is low anyway to do offensive dps casting

    Toughness - not required.. HP will be enough

    Mental Toughness - in 90% of builds, Nope. But on this, Yup.

    Spring attack - I wouldnt get this, but i dont know your build w Qstaff

    2nd Toughness - Again not needed


    This could be the strongest defensive Melee i have played and without Toughness, HP will be about 700+ in Earth Stance and 900-1000 in Fury of the Wild.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload