Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    Community Member Raoull's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    They also need to stop it from working with cleaves.
    Agreed, that's not a nerf, that's a bugfix.

    The range argument is bunk. When I am running in parties with my wizzy, I have the aggro due to crowd controlling casts, the way arcane aggro is keyed, etc... QP builds, stunners, blitzers, etc can gain aggro from me after engaging for a time. Yet your initial runs up to mobs with that monkspeed + abundant step are free. Please get off of that horse, because it's lame.
    Eh... So be it, I guess I'll leave that alone.

    Maybe it is just a factor of me and the folks I run with. If it never fails, running up to pointblank to use it matters less (unless he has buddies). That, and as gimp as I am, I'm often the alpha with folks I run with. I never run with one of the spiffy awesome PMs. The ones that join my pugs are quite useful in EE... but no where near the powerhouse that seems to be a possibility. I rarely see monchers or BF centered melees either, or if I do it is a pugger who leverages that build just to be a solid EE player rather than really owning everything. The only guy I run with with any regularity who really owns stuff and makes me look gimp is actually a fleshy Sorc....
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

    Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

  2. #42
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    Your tears are delicious!
    Silly mammal, trolls don't have tear ducts.

    Perhaps your confusing it with the sweat from my toes?

  3. #43
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    7,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IxidorGR View Post
    I am trying to understand here... So, you want QP back to the unusable status it has been for years? 6sec coolddown was just fine with you as long as the ability was strictly useless, but now that it may have a chance on EEs suddenly you have a problem with it?

    Seems you don't get what it takes to use a lvl15 monk ability, let me explain: 1st you need at least 15 levels of monk, you need 30ki, you need to be in melee range and for it to be useful you need to build for it.



    And why is that? I hope it's obvious to you that QP is much harder to use than Wail or Finger or Circle are. I'm not even mentioning the debuffs available to a wizard.



    Maybe put a spell resistance check to it as well...



    This is going from hilarious to irritating, people who have never played an unarmed melee monk whinning about monks being OP. I am truly sick of this kind of posts. It's like you're all trolling us on a massive scale. Go try it out and then come back and let us know what your experience was. I have a pure monk with an absurd number of past lives and gear yet I never felt OPed, like I do with my 5th life monkcher.

    Your blind monk hate keeps amazing me...



    This did seem pretty stupid..


    This change isn't a fix to QP .. you don't punish those that have worked in every nuance to get a good DC for an attack, you make sure the DC progression makes sense.

    QP - a level 15 monk Wisdom DC based melee attack Feat that is only usable on trash mobs.... how does it compare to Power Word Kill... or Finger of Death....or Phantasmal Killer...
    You still have to be able to hit the mob reliably or you miss your opportunity to land the attack.


    Dev's decide to remove gear and feat investments, past lives buffs.. and give a stacking bonus to an insta-kill attack if it fails continuously....

    So for a scrap build that does poor damage and has a poor DC they just got buffed and now can now just keep punching something and get buffed for being a bad build assuming the trash mob doesnt die from melee damage first.


    The original DC for QP was able to reach a DC that was OP, so you tweak the DC calculation, you don't remove the grind for gear/past lives/Feats that would enhance the attack, you make sure the base/progression is balanced.

    This change just screws players that have worked hard to get the stars aligned gear/buffs on min/max build..
    Any of these QP builds I saw were weak against bosses and still had to struggle to stay alive as they attack mobs within melee range as opposed to the insta-kill casters or Moncher who kill from a distance, or the Blitzer who has ghostly/dodge/Bitz dodge and shadowfade all charged up..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-31-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

  4. #44
    Founder Lifespawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    behind lyriccal
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Max DC should be significantly less than a PM can hit and cooldown should be significantly longer than Wail or Finger.

    Disagree only thing that needs done now is cooldown to 12-15 seconds and remove the stacking +4 or move it down to 2 still need to have 15 monk levels so major splashing is different on this 6 monk levels isn't the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    It's something monks experience all the time - mobs are dead before we get to it. The ranged argument is far from bunk and you know it.
    This happens to all melee, welcome to the club. Or did you mean monks should be special?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
    This effectively gives quivering palm a ~30 second cooldown and 100+ ki cost ON SOME MOBS in THE MOST difficult content, plus however long it takes to run from mob to mob and gain the ki to spam it each time. This seems more than fair considering all the easy buttons casters, shiradi, and monkchers have at range right now. Also blitzers. This is basically the everything is nothing complaint train, chooo-chooo all aboard, all over again but with a single target skill melee skill.
    Fixed that for you. You shoud also know the new QP system suits blitzing monks just fine. More than fine...

    I agree with teh_troll. This looks like a buff to monks. You don't need a highest posible DC - it is needed only on a fraction of mobs in the highest lvl quest and only if you roll a low number. This way you have your attempt every 6s - and you get to add your roll to your DC.

    Quote Originally Posted by IxidorGR View Post
    I am trying to understand here... So, you want QP back to the unusable status it has been for years? 6sec coolddown was just fine with you as long as the ability was strictly useless, but now that it may have a chance on EEs suddenly you have a problem with it?
    Yes we want it either unusable or balanced. Is that so hard to understand? You act like monks are one trick ponies that are worthless without QP.

    Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    They don´t post cause they don´t achieve anything, and if they did, they know someone else can do the same twice as fast?

    Taking out the lowest denominator of thrash hardly leads to any groundbreaking achievements. But hey, please fill me in with a couple of screenshots.
    I think the reason QP monks don't post in acheivements is because every good DDO player (one that knows what i takes to solo EE) knew from the initial QP pass that the ability is bound to be nerfed and nerfed fast and avoided making such toons deliberately. At least that's the reason i have been avoiding it.

    And I don't remember when i saw so much whining about red named in EE. Tell me, what red named hits harder than 5 EE trash mobs simultaniously in this game?

    It's not just trash in EE, it's THE TRASH.

    Except for QP monks ofc, for them it's just trash.

    Oh, and almost forgot nerf monks more - this is not balancing and looks like a slight buff.
    Last edited by PrimalConcreteSledge; 01-31-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    NESALOMLJIVI, Thelanis

  6. #46
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IxidorGR View Post
    Maybe put a spell resistance check to it as well...

    No. That's not a reasonable change. No enhancements to boost like casters, no realistic gear to buff, having to select twists, pl, etc to reach a reasonable number is a bad idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    You make no sense. Because QP fotm builds don't post in the achievement forums, that means when QP is nerfed, monks aren't strong? What?
    I am making perfect sense asking you to stay on topic. Don't think twisting my words will make your point seem more valid somehow.
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  7. #47
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pwin Teaks
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalConcreteSledge View Post
    T
    I think the reason QP monks don't post in acheivements is because every good DDO player (one that knows what i takes to solo EE) knew from the initial QP pass that the ability is bound to be nerfed and nerfed fast and avoided making such toons deliberately. At least that's the reason i have been avoiding it.

    And I don't remember when i saw so much whining about red named in EE. Tell me, what red named hits harder than 5 EE trash mobs simultaniously in this game?

    It's not just trash in EE, it's THE TRASH.

    Except for QP monks ofc, for them it's just trash.
    First of all, most people who post in the achievement forums build for what is hot now, they are not sitting around on their 28 point paladin builds and hope for a miracle to come...

    Ever done EE-FOT? That undead dragon aka TO hits hardest in this game. Besides, if you get hit by 5 EE trash mobs you need to revise your playstyle -- not saying that "getting cornered" never happens but when it does; a QP monk is as screwed as the next kin.
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

  8. #48
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Boo!!!!!

    The Monk's Quivering Palm ability is getting some revisions related to its DC, as part of investigation into balancing Death effects. Quivering Palm no longer benefits from Sundering bonuses. However, whenever an enemy saves vs. Quivering Palm, you get a stacking +4 bonus to your Quivering Palm DC. This stack is dispelled when you successfully kill someone with Quivering Palm. We are keeping an eye on these numbers and they may be changed in the future.

    NEW: Restored general Tactical combat boosts to Quivering Palm (but not Sundering effects specifically).

    This is the full text of Quivering Palm:
    “Melee Attack: Deliver a fatal attack by sending waves of vibrations through your target. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect. (DC = 10 + 1/2 Monk Level + Wisdom Modifier + Tactics Bonus) When an enemy saves vs. Quivering Palm, you gain a stacking +4 Perseverance bonus to your DC until you kill an enemy with Quivering Palm (or 3 minutes pass).”


    The 6-second cooldown is still ridiculous. Nerf it.
    Or you can make a Druid/monk and use handwrap glitch or both yay :P

  9. #49
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrtweakin View Post
    Why do people bother comparing pnp to ddo? If you have ever played a pnp game, you would know that about the last thing worth comparing is QP. It's completely, completely different.

    Also, why compare QP to what PM's can do? I'm pretty sure my PM can do more than throw one death spell. He can also dance entire groups of mobs, level drain, AoE death effects, plus a **** ton of spell damage and in general is not limited to standing right next to a mob to do any of that. Why are we comparing the two?
    dance mobs: monk can (only 1 at the time)
    level drain: you need 1 monk level (wave of despair) against 7 wizard/sorc (enervation, lvl 4 spell). An enervation affects 1 target only
    AoE death effects: EiN against wail. EiN it's more effective in my experience, plus it makes 1k damage on save while wail is a negative level only.
    ton of spell damage: wizard wins, but monks do tons of melee damage so...

    why not compare ? monk is better than everything else, nerf it
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

    Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload