Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

(ignoring Hiddensight)

Sword of Justice:
    Passive Bonus: +[2/4/6] bonus to damage with all attacks.

This I like

Consecration:
    Active Ability: The ground you are standing on is consecrated. Evil creatures standing on consecrated ground are burned every 3 seconds, gaining a stack of purification and taking 1d6 for each level you have. Half damage is fire, half is good-alligned. Both are affected by fire spell power. Cooldown: [25/20/15] seconds) Activation Cost: [50/40/30] Spell Points.

This is interesting, Turbine how does this ~exactly~ play with the Aura of Purification?

Quote Originally Posted by bennyson View Post
    (ignoring Hiddensight)

Sword of Justice:
    All melee and ranged will twist this, if it will work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    All melee and ranged will twist this, if it will work properly.
    True, although I didn't see any kind of bug reports yet...

Community Member

Thumbs down Divines are not supposed to be ee melee's !!

(ignoring Hiddensight)

Sword of Justice:

This I like

Consecration:
    Active Ability: The ground you are standing on is consecrated. Evil creatures standing on consecrated ground are burned every 3 seconds, gaining a stack of purification and taking 1d6 for each level you have. Half damage is fire, half is good-alligned. Both are affected by fire spell power. Cooldown: [25/20/15] seconds) Activation Cost: [50/40/30] Spell Points.

This is interesting, Turbine how does this ~exactly~ play with the Aura of Purification?
    DIVINES ARE NOT A EE MELEE CLASS WITHOUT MULTI-CLASSING . So it doesn't matter how you (bennyson) sell your infinite aura of non EE spell power damage btw . It's obvious you don't do actual EE questing with a divine now and I doubt you can solo any EE's at all with a Arcane . What's amazing is how you keep ignoring my threads that this current version of DC is a non EE ED even with gear . The divine's in general are a spellcaster class . That deserve much better then your analysis (bennyson) of this non EE nukking horrible hybridizied divine / pally / monk tanking ED . With infinite stacks of non EE value . It shouldn't be any classes ED let alone the divines (just look at your own math (epic moment btw) for it's infinite non stacking EE value) .

This is why I keep insisting on a remake of the divine's role . Especially with all the NEW content and end game gear coming soon . I don't believe their ability to heal should affect and force their ED tree to be hybridizied . Having no real ED tree to draw upon 4 spellcaster bonuses as a spellcaster class . Is only going to force people to not want to make divine's , which wont help the game at all . I believe they deserve the same honor (soloability power) as the EE arcane and am trying to sell this idea ( read prior threads ). Not really trying to fight with thread trolls who want to support hybridizied non EE ED's .

Please change the divine's ED options and current divine crusader ED . So that , with gear , they have the same awesome nukking power , flexibility , and EE DC spellcaster options . That arcane's have so graciously been granted (thank you to the dev's btw) , without hybridization cause they can heal . Otherwise you might see alot less divine's around because of a lack of EE soloability .

LONG LIVE THE EE DIVINE CASTER
    Last edited by Hiddensight; 03-03-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiddensight View Post
    DIVINES ARE NOT A EE MELEE CLASS WITHOUT MULTI-CLASSING . So it doesn't matter how you (bennyson) sell your infinite aura of non EE spell power damage btw . It's obvious you don't do actual EE questing with a divine now and I doubt you can solo any EE's at all with a Arcane . What's amazing is how you keep ignoring my threads that this current version of DC is a non EE ED even with gear . The divine's in general are a spellcaster class . That deserve much better then your analysis (bennyson) of this non EE nukking horrible hybridizied divine / pally / monk tanking ED . With infinite stacks of non EE value . It shouldn't be any classes ED let alone the divines (just look at your own math (epic moment btw) for it's infinite non stacking EE value) .

This is why I keep insisting on a remake of the divine's role . Especially with all the NEW content and end game gear coming soon . I don't believe their ability to heal should affect and force their ED tree to be hybridizied . Having no real ED tree to draw upon 4 spellcaster bonuses as a spellcaster class . Is only going to force people to not want to make divine's , which wont help the game at all . I believe they deserve the same honor (soloability power) as the EE arcane and am trying to sell this idea ( read prior threads ). Not really trying to fight with thread trolls who want to support hybridizied non EE ED's .

Please change the divine's ED options and current divine crusader ED . So that , with gear , they have the same awesome nukking power , flexibility , and EE DC spellcaster options . That arcane's have so graciously been granted (thank you to the dev's btw) , without hybridization cause they can heal . Otherwise you might see alot less divine's around because of a lack of EE soloability .

This is the last time I will respond to you Hiddensight

First off, Divine Crusader is going to be the melee destiny, Exalted Angel the caster destiny, and Unyielding Sentinel the tank/support destiny. On the lam server, Turbine has already moved Blessed Blades, and Smite The Wicked from Exalted Angel to Divine Crusader.

Also, read this carefully and the posts that came after it on page 10 of this thread if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Some things we're considering:

• Change Exalted Angel towards more Offensive Casting, particularly for DC casting and Light spell damage.
    • Change Unyielding Sentinel towards more Tanking & Support, including being the best healing Destiny in the Divine Sphere.
    • Aim Divine Crusader as a primarily offensive melee destiny, but would likely retain most of its current abilities, including some area support and Fire spell damage.
    • Moving existing melee abilities out of Exalted Angel and into Divine Crusader (with possibility of relatively minor modifications along the way, such as removing the Righteous Fervor requirement from Strike Down and balancing appropriately... which could be either up or down).
    • Moving Renewal into Unyielding Sentinel. Look into adding some other support/healing abilities to Unyielding Sentinel.
    • Move some offensive casting from Divine Crusader into Exalted Angel, and add some new abilities to replace the missing ones.
    • Healing would still be available to some extent to all Divine Destinies.
    • Re-examining the Exalted Angel requirements for Righteous Fervor and Endless Ardor in any case.
    • Continuing to examine existing Unyielding Sentinel abilities.

We're happy to hear continued feedback. These changes can meaningfully alter how some existing characters function, which we don't like to do lightly.
    Long before you came Hiddensight, other players and myself included, like the decision that we see in this post, since DC and the changes to the other destines aren't coming out until patch 1 of U21, these changes have a brighter future of happening.

So thus, your EE Divine Caster is going to be an Angel, not a Crusader.

Transcendental Magic:
    Passive Bonus: +[1/2] DC to all spells.

Finally, a DC boost to spells for Divines, but I think this would be better served in EA instead of DC

Varg,

Any updates on the Divine ED's yet? Just curious to see what might have changed on the dart board
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Cool No divine EE ED then !!! No Soloability I'm deleting ALL my divines then !!!

This is the last time I will respond to you Hiddensight

First off, Divine Crusader is going to be the melee destiny, Exalted Angel the caster destiny, and Unyielding Sentinel the tank/support destiny. On the lam server, Turbine has already moved Blessed Blades, and Smite The Wicked from Exalted Angel to Divine Crusader.

Also, read this carefully and the posts that came after it on page 10 of this thread if you haven't already.

Long before you came Hiddensight, other players and myself included, like the decision that we see in this post, since DC and the changes to the other destines aren't coming out until patch 1 of U21, these changes have a brighter future of happening.

So thus, your EE Divine Caster is going to be an Angel, not a Crusader.
    We'll its time to find a NEW game . I'm sure you will see a major drop in your player base on all servers . At least before it was permanent . I TRIED to ask you all , the dev's , to change your mind about the divines role .Since you don't care for REAL feedback by a EE soloist . I'm done GOODBYE

Quote Originally Posted by Hiddensight View Post

Two things:

1) Paladins are divines. You seem to be saying that caster divines (clerics & fvs) can't melee in EE unless they multiclass, ignoring paladins completely. Which, okay, they're paladins and as such they suck beyond belief due to the dev bias against them. So maybe you have a point there.

2) Is there any good melee build for any class in any destiny that isn't a multiclass build? If not, why should the divine sphere be any different?

Heavenly Presence:
    Passive Bonus: Grants you +10 Physical Resistance Rating and 10% Acid, cold and electricity absorbtion. In addition, you are immune to petrification.

A good defense buff, I think at least....
    Last edited by bennyson; 03-03-2014 at 07:29 PM.

True, although I didn't see any kind of bug reports yet...
    Wait till it goes live.

The more I think about it, the less appealing even 5% per stack is compared to blitz. That would take five times as long to build up, which I think is too long. How about: 10% per stack, max 20 stacks (200%), 30 seconds per stack instead of a minute, no penalty. This would make it take twice as long to build up for 80% of the power of blitz. Seems reasonable.

Do whatever you want with the spell power.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The more I think about it, the less appealing even 5% per stack is compared to blitz. That would take five times as long to build up, which I think is too long. How about: 10% per stack, max 20 stacks (200%), 30 seconds per stack instead of a minute, no penalty. This would make it take twice as long to build up for 80% of the power of blitz. Seems reasonable.

Do whatever you want with the spell power.
    I just want it to be non "kill steal" dependent... sadly unless you're uber, Blitz is a solo melee Destiny, if you group with good players you can not sustain it without A) getting them to hold off on insta kills, or leaving low health mobs for you B) running ahead Zerg playstyle C) meta gaming (memorizing the content) to the point where you always know the best places to blitz.

Fury is a better melee DPS ED for the bulk of content... But sadly it's click centric, and has the insanely annoying delay that kills 90% of the reason I like to run a melee toon. The "non stop action mindless hack and slash" zone out and just swing factor. People talk about Whirlwind attack being sub par because of the delay at the end of the animation? Good grief the delay after every adrenaline click is insane, and at least longer, if not twice as long, it's longer by a little... It makes playing a melee disjointed and less fun...

SO here I am with my centered kensai and GMOF is actually probably the most fun ED... it's Moment is better and far more impactful in groups by a lot, it's offensive perks have no clunky "pause" downside (drifting lotus is awesome) it comes with a couple great ranged attacks, and the survivability perks if you're centered are off the charts better than the other two ED's

I'd like to see Crusader viable as a serious melee DPS ED, that DOESN'T have the finicky fiddly clickies and counters. If it does a tad bit less DPS because it more passive that's fine. The moment will still end up being better.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

nvm
    Last edited by Magnus_Arcanis; 03-12-2014 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Turns out I can't read.

The critical range increase from celestial champion is removed on login and as soon as you enter a quest, the only way to regain it is by switching weapons or destinies which you cannot do inside a quest. very obnoxious for one of the key abilities in a tree to be bugged in this manner.
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627