Default Technical question about Half-elf diletante feats

Question about Half-elf dilettante pre-reqs and I'm not sure how word it simply, so please bear with me.

I'm interested in the Pally version (which requires 13 CHA), but I don't want to spend 5 of my build points on CHA. The toon is a TR with a +3 supreme tome, so....

If I start with 10 CHA and pick up the 3 extra points as I level, will I be able to visit Fred later and change the dilettante feat from cleric to palladin?

My concern is that Fred might "remember" my stats at level one and not give me the option. I'd hate to wait until lvl 15 to find that out.

UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Quote Originally Posted by ssgcmwatson View Post
    My concern is that Fred might "remember" my stats at level one and not give me the option. I'd hate to wait until lvl 15 to find that out.
    When last we left our heroes, back in 2012, tomes did not work toward meeting the pre-req:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/399599

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    When last we left our heroes, back in 2012, tomes did not work toward meeting the pre-req:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/399599
    Well, ****. Thanks for the info!

UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

More generally, and not limited to half-elves -- when you exchange feats you can only get a feat for which you were eligible when you got the feat you give up.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by ssgcmwatson View Post
    Question about Half-elf dilettante pre-reqs and I'm not sure how word it simply, so please bear with me.

I'm interested in the Pally version (which requires 13 CHA), but I don't want to spend 5 of my build points on CHA. The toon is a TR with a +3 supreme tome, so....

If I start with 10 CHA and pick up the 3 extra points as I level, will I be able to visit Fred later and change the dilettante feat from cleric to palladin?

I can assure you that Fred *will* remember your starting stats and a +3 tome with a starting charisma of 10 will NOT work to swap into paladin dilettante, even in 2014. .

Even if you have the right starting points Fred will sometimes get huffy about feat swaps (because his coding breaks).

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    More generally, and not limited to half-elves -- when you exchange feats you can only get a feat for which you were eligible when you got the feat you give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    I can assure you that Fred *will* remember your starting stats and a +3 tome with a starting charisma of 10 will NOT work to swap into paladin dilettante, even in 2014. .

Even if you have the right starting points Fred will sometimes get huffy about feat swaps (because his coding breaks).
    If you read the post I linked up above, you'll see that at least at some point along the way, this was not true of
    Half-Elf dilettante feats. As the poster in that link demonstrated, it was possible to use level-up points to qualify
    for a dilettante feat swap that they were not qualified for at 1st level. My point was that this was 2012, so no
    guarantee that this still works. But even then, tomes did not work.

Otherwise, I would agree - Fred is fairly capricious even on a good day.