Thread: Obscenity?

Default Obscenity?

They announced obscenity is back in the loot tables... I've got an old obscenity khopesh I traded my soul for. I check the AH/Shard Exchange every day to see if there's *any* kind of obscenity weapon up, but haven't seen one. (On khyber)

Anyone seen them drop, or is it an 'ultra-rare' suffix drop?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deslen View Post
    They announced obscenity is back in the loot tables... I've got an old obscenity khopesh I traded my soul for. I check the AH/Shard Exchange every day to see if there's *any* kind of obscenity weapon up, but haven't seen one. (On khyber)

Anyone seen them drop, or is it an 'ultra-rare' suffix drop?
    It was a pretty rare high-end drop to begin with. However with the loot tables being changed and the various I-VIII effects on those tables, it wouldn't surprise me if Obscenity is in the loot tables, it'd be even more rare than previously.

BTW, no I haven't seen it nor heard from anyone who'd pulled it since the loot tables were messed up.

Its ultra rare, even before they messed with loot table I saw maybe 2-3 on ah, never saw any in chest.

Community Member inspiredunease's Avatar

Slightly off topic, but has anyone else seen lots of epic level weapons with the post-motu affixes showing up in much lower level chests? For instance, I had a level 21 something-or-other Greatsword of the Sun's Fury turn up in an elite run of Slaver's of the Shrieking Mines yesterday.

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inspiredunease View Post
    Slightly off topic, but has anyone else seen lots of epic level weapons with the post-motu affixes showing up in much lower level chests? For instance, I had a level 21 something-or-other Greatsword of the Sun's Fury turn up in an elite run of Slaver's of the Shrieking Mines yesterday.
    Blame Melange

Post 18
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

Community Member inspiredunease's Avatar

Aha, thanks. Pity it didn't bug downwards in level :P

Obscenity was removed along with all composed affixes when FOS FOS'd the loot tables with u19. A certain number of composed affixes were returned with U20p1, including Obscenity, but almost all of them work differently than they did before they were removed. Obscenity seems to be rare again, but I have seen a couple on the ASAH.

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-20-patch-1-release-notes

One thing you can do is get a ML24 Eveningstar Challenge kopesh with Life Stealing, which is going to be comparable to Obscenity. The price of ML24 challenge items was massively reduced a few updates ago, so they're actually not hard at all to grind.
    Last edited by cdr; 01-29-2014 at 10:51 AM.