Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    DDO has how many raids, 20?
    Only 2 of them have dragons, von and fot.
    There are dragons in chronoscope, so thats 3 raids with dragons.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Frankly, if Tiamat get's involved. I know I'll want the following as well...

1. An "Energy Bow" for named Epic Elite loot... Original sfx from cartoons as well please.
    2. A chance to visit the "Dragon's Graveyard"...
    3. Cameo or rumors of what happened to the gang after the series ended.

J1NG
    We already have number 3. (Go run Fear factory again)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Would be neat, but as someone else said, with the last raid being FoT (filled with dragons), Haunted Halls having a dragon, one new raid being a mated pair of red dragons, and one being a shadow dragon....I don't think all endgame raids should be dragons. I would much rather the third raid be a Tarrasque, or, even better, an attack on an Illithid city and a fight against a mother brain and a powerful mindwitness....that would be fun!!
    ohey someones played BG II :P

terrasque would be neat as a raid boss...i can already imaging the caparison exploding in gems
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

I would much rather the third raid be a Tarrasque, ...
    It isn't "a Tarrasque" it's "the Tarrasque."

It was an unique monster.
    Sarlona: Aramzim, Attickus, Behren, Daaghda, Darksyde, Fyggaro, Oldero
    Argonessen: Egyll, Ghrae, Mitrel, Physz, Sanjurow, Schaeleen
    Thelanis: Aarlyss, Eagynn | Ghallanda: Glooming | Khyber: Ghrae

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    There are dragons in chronoscope, so thats 3 raids with dragons.
    Thats not a dragon.

That doesnt mean turbine wont make any new raids after these 3.
    LOLz . . . you think Turbine will get their license renewed in 2015 when a new edition of D&D is out?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    LOLz . . . you think Turbine will get their license renewed in 2015 when a new edition of D&D is out?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by harry-pancreas View Post
    ohey someones played BG II :P

terrasque would be neat as a raid boss...i can already imaging the caparison exploding in gems
    Actually, I haven't played it! I'm assuming something similar happens? My main idea for an Illithid raid was a mother brain and a Brainstealer Dragon working together controlling an army of Illithids...but, now that I see how many end game raids will have dragons........

Quote Originally Posted by walkin_dude View Post
    It isn't "a Tarrasque" it's "the Tarrasque."

It was an unique monster.
    Technically, that isn't true, because we simply don't know. There has never been any explanation, just rumors and stories that contradict each other. Neither TSR nor WotC ever explained where they came from, we just have lore handed down from elders in the different settings. Tarrasques are found in every game setting, and there is also this tidbit, a possible explination from the Spelljammer series:

"Several hundred tarrasques live there in a docile state, where they are silicavores (rock eaters); upon removal from their homeworld their temperament changes to the violent, rapacious one better known elsewhere in the Dungeons & Dragons universe."
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Turbine is owned by WB and WB have powah
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member

Sure, assuming it's profitable enough.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Off topic: I wish it were possible to recreate some of the "Tarrasque in the Pantry"-type adventures from GenCon UK, where 2 parties would each get a bag of gold, a background story (with premade characters) and setting (one was basically an egyptian pyramid for instance), and a list of monsters, traps, spells etc they could buy to defend their location with. After 2 hours, the parties would switch, and try to defeat whatever horrors the other party had come up with. One of the "egyptian" parties used most of their money on a rolling boulder trap a la Indiana Jones -and an Animated Object boulder.
    And yes, the Tarrasque was on the list, priced 1 gp more than the party actually had.

They were awesome to play and to GM

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Default D&D has always been about dreaming. Let's dream big Turbine!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Could it be???

Tiamat
    I have been asking for campaigns with dragons that culminate with an encounter with Tiamat. It would be great if they would do this, but, we'll have to see.

I would also like to see a high level campaign that incorporates the nine layers of Hell, with adventures that bring the various dukes, duchesses and archdevils to the fore, allowing us players to combat the likes of Belial, Geryon and Asmodeus.

Down the road, how about a campaign that starts in the Astral Plane, with Githyanki, Githzerai and a host of other planar monsters, and which opens the door to other planes. A mid level campaign would be a great way to start in the Astral plane, fisnishing with options at epic levels in the nine hells and the abyss. Utltimately, would it not be great to see Balor demons and demon lords such as Demogorgon, Orcus and Yeenoghu.

Any self-respecting adventurer who dreams about ascending to the rank of demi-god, ought to at least be able to boast about taking down Tiamat, orcus and Asmodeus on his or her resume.
    Treachery wears many masks, but none so treacherous as the mask of virtue.

Community Member

Actually, I haven't played it! I'm assuming something similar happens? My main idea for an Illithid raid was a mother brain and a Brainstealer Dragon working together controlling an army of Illithids...but, now that I see how many end game raids will have dragons........

oh you should, aswesome game. Best RPG ever (and then, i'll stop spoiling it :P)

Technically, that isn't true, because we simply don't know. There has never been any explanation, just rumors and stories that contradict each other. Neither TSR nor WotC ever explained where they came from, we just have lore handed down from elders in the different settings. Tarrasques are found in every game setting, and there is also this tidbit, a possible explination from the Spelljammer series:

"Several hundred tarrasques live there in a docile state, where they are silicavores (rock eaters); upon removal from their homeworld their temperament changes to the violent, rapacious one better known elsewhere in the Dungeons & Dragons universe."
    always amused me when the "know it all people" are corrected :P
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

Technically those are not Tarrasques they are Lithovores as explained in the Rules of Cool.

Rule of Cool: This trumps science every time. Though consistency beats it.? Say What? There IS a planet full of giant lizards which are treated as the Tarrasque. EVERY. ONE. OF. THEM. And did I mention said planet is full of them?? The good news is that they're completely docile lithovores... as long as they stay on that planet. It's suggested that the more familiar versions of the Tarrasque are what happen when they're relocated to other worlds, with atmospheres that don't keep them from going homicidally insane.

I challenge you to find 1 single official TRS or WOTC publication that does not use "The" Tarrasque.

Thats not a dragon.
    No, its a conjoined abishai devastator.

Go talk to the people on the platform high above the market place, there are dragons in the chronoscope raid.

Hint. Cydonie & Velah.

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Frankly, if Tiamat get's involved. I know I'll want the following as well...

1. An "Energy Bow" for named Epic Elite loot... Original sfx from cartoons as well please.
    I like to think my AA makes good use of his Force Arrows...I should have named him Hank
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Thanks, that was very informative and lets me know just how long I've been out of the D&D loop.

My only knowledge of the Tarrasque was from the Monster Manual II, which I haven't had for many a year now. I'm pretty sure it was listed there as an unique monster, so that's why I thought that.
    Sarlona: Aramzim, Attickus, Behren, Daaghda, Darksyde, Fyggaro, Oldero
    Argonessen: Egyll, Ghrae, Mitrel, Physz, Sanjurow, Schaeleen
    Thelanis: Aarlyss, Eagynn | Ghallanda: Glooming | Khyber: Ghrae

Franchise Director ProducerRowan's Avatar

I'm still voting for Flail Snails.

Thunderholme acts as a bit of a prequel to the storyline the OP quoted, and establishes changes in the Cult of the Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by tharveysinjin View Post
    I have been asking for campaigns with dragons that culminate with an encounter with Tiamat. It would be great if they would do this, but, we'll have to see.

I would also like to see a high level campaign that incorporates the nine layers of Hell, with adventures that bring the various dukes, duchesses and archdevils to the fore, allowing us players to combat the likes of Belial, Geryon and Asmodeus.

Down the road, how about a campaign that starts in the Astral Plane, with Githyanki, Githzerai and a host of other planar monsters, and which opens the door to other planes. A mid level campaign would be a great way to start in the Astral plane, fisnishing with options at epic levels in the nine hells and the abyss. Utltimately, would it not be great to see Balor demons and demon lords such as Demogorgon, Orcus and Yeenoghu.

Any self-respecting adventurer who dreams about ascending to the rank of demi-god, ought to at least be able to boast about taking down Tiamat, orcus and Asmodeus on his or her resume.
    Yes please.
    Sarlona
    D E S T R U C T I O N
    Saeraph - 20 FvS / 8 Epic (6th life), Saerine - 10 Monk / 8 Fighter / 2 Druid / 8 Epic (8th life)

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    I'm still voting for Flail Snails.
    Balderdash! We all know the epic mastermind behind it all is the Thought Eater!!

There's plenty of hints for it already, learn the lore!
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast