Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Just a friendly suggestion. If you want proper feedback, I would make it so these 2 things are working properly before bringing up Lammania and asking people to participate.
    Really?! Proper =/= copies of live. Proper does = doing the new content.

FYI, it is easier for them to add loot to a test server than it would be to fix character copy issues.

Community Member

Default Delete and Re-Copy Functionality

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    RE: Character Copy. It is on the plate, but out of QA/Dev hands. I'll see if some burning pitch will get any results tomorrow.
    Same goes for in game bug report sadly.
    Please add the ability to delete a stale Lama character and re-copy a fresh version of it.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I assume this is still the best way to load the Xoriat server:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ccess-Lamannia
    ?

Pandora's Box may be bugging out on me, again...
    Guess, I'll restart and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post

FYI, it is easier for them to add loot to a test server than it would be to fix character copy issues.
    I have given up fighting this. They won't see reason. They want to play their characters the way they are on live. Because to them, it's about playing it and beating it easily, not about finding the bugs. I, myself, spent 30 minutes making a basic toon, somethign similar to one of my toons on live. I went to the AH and bought some GH stuff, saw that Cordovan was going to be online giving stuff out. Picked up a raiders box, a couple things of gear. Went into the store and got a +4 tome with my free points...Then I ran content. Total time spent, again, was around 30-40 minutes. I did just fine in the new content, didn't need a ton of past lives to do so (granted, I don't need a ton, or ANY past lives to do EE on live currently...)
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

There we go, only 6 hours and 47 minutes left...hopefully this will work.
    Otherwise, there goes any chance at all...

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    LOLz . . . Magister sucks.
    I didn't say how good or bad Magister is; but if you're focused on DC-casting, Magister does more for an arcane than EA does for a divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I assume this is still the best way to load the Xoriat server:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ccess-Lamannia
    ?

Pandora's Box may be bugging out on me, again...
    Guess, I'll restart and see what happens.
    When Lamannia is actually up, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post

I'm not going to spend the time making a mirror image of my live characters. Really, what is the issue with being against character copy being fixed? Its not just about running content. Its about running content with characters that will typically be running that content. You really think that the majority of players will be running the content on characters that are first lifers and with dojo gear? There is other things to check out on Lammania besides running content. I prefer to give a more thorough feedback than an inadequate one.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    I have given up fighting this. They won't see reason. They want to play their characters the way they are on live. Because to them, it's about playing it and beating it easily, not about finding the bugs. I, myself, spent 30 minutes making a basic toon, somethign similar to one of my toons on live. I went to the AH and bought some GH stuff, saw that Cordovan was going to be online giving stuff out. Picked up a raiders box, a couple things of gear. Went into the store and got a +4 tome with my free points...Then I ran content. Total time spent, again, was around 30-40 minutes. I did just fine in the new content, didn't need a ton of past lives to do so (granted, I don't need a ton, or ANY past lives to do EE on live currently...)
    Right. We want to play our characters the way they are on live because that's what we will be using. Not some fresh character with some of the gear. You can still find bugs with powerful characters and who knows, maybe there is a certain ED, piece of named gear or something that doesn't play well in the new content. Generalized feedback is fine, but how about details?
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Character copy seems to be an extremely difficult and time consuming thing to keep going with any consistency. I'd suggest putting some work into streamlining the system now instead of taking what seems to be 100's of manhours each and every time it needs to be used.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Went into the store and got a +4 tome with my free points...
    When Store is not Broken... it was broken for me for the whole week end.

And as stated there are items and other various weird combinations that cannot be made anymore ( typical example try to make a cleric without choosing a deity ) that can be copied from live but cannot be recreated.

And it takes more than 30 minutes to create and outfit a character, way longer than 30 minutes.

Last it's not about power, it's about knowing how things are supposed to work with a known quantity ( our characters ) so we can tell if it's too much or not enough.
    If we do that with a character we pulled out of nowhere and equipped with whatever we managed to scrap from AH and on the ground in the Dojo the result won't be reliable.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

40 minutes spent building a character is 40 minutes less people get to test. It's all well and good if you want to waste your time doing it. I'm not going to.

Wink

would be nice to see an early opening

Default Use Meteorswarm instead

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    RE: Character Copy. It is on the plate, but out of QA/Dev hands. I'll see if some burning pitch will get any results tomorrow.
    Same goes for in game bug report sadly.
    If the burning pitch doesn't work, threaten to break out the heavy artillery: Meteorswarms and Cometfalls.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

2 hours left, I'll probably start with a new toon this weekend to begin with.

Fawngate is so powerful anymore...maybe I'll try to copy her later...

When is Level 30 coming?

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    40 minutes spent building a character is 40 minutes less people get to test. It's all well and good if you want to waste your time doing it. I'm not going to.
    This. Please fix the character copy tool.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Titan18 View Post
    When is Level 30 coming?
    4th update of 2014 so probably around November

Quote Originally Posted by Kers View Post
    Please add the ability to delete a stale Lama character and re-copy a fresh version of it.
    Its a test server
    No reason for the character copy to fail because character already exists.
    Shouldn't have to delete a toon then wait for the system to recognize that it is gone so you can re-copy.
    just overwrite . simple.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Its a test server
    No reason for the character copy to fail because character already exists.
    Shouldn't have to delete a toon then wait for the system to recognize that it is gone so you can re-copy.
    just overwrite . simple.
    Your aware this is turbine right? they never do anything simple...=P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast