Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I feel the same. I don't know what to say. I hate stones, and even though it may sound petty, I feel it devalues the achievements of others. But whatever.
    Something would need to have value in the first place to be devalued.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Grinding von3 and wizking... Have you ever heard of commendations of valor?
    You don't need coms of valor when you have stacks of green.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Does it count as Ultimate if you stoned for so many lives?

As much as I disagree with the stones existing in the first place, it's up to the individual if they choose to use them or not. That's their personal choice.

But let's not pretend that breaking out the credit card and buying stuff is an achievement.

If you did them all without stoning then kudos. Otherwise, I'll pass.
    To each their views, since I don't consider brainless xp grinding much more of an achievement, so I went for half-half. There is nothing " NEW " when re-grinding another ETR, same content, same very few options, same routine.

The grind was already very intensive with a regular 8 hours a day in game, but I have a job and preferred getting this done now, before level 30 comes out, where the grinding will be insane with about 9.9m xp per life.

Anyone who has intentions of ETR'ing is doing themselves a favor to rush it now as it will be way more painful later on.
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Something would need to have value in the first place to be devalued.
    If you got 87 past life feats without a stone, you would value it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icywave View Post
    A bit more, and all was bought during " Double bonus points ".

Skipped a vacation trip
    If this is the case, thanks for supporting DDO. All DDO folks have to do is check their data Vault and they can confirm the purchases and not worry about duping. A good reason to buy stones instead of trading for them, right? Paper trail to prove your case.

To each their views, since I don't consider brainless xp grinding much more of an achievement, so I went for half-half. There is nothing " NEW " when re-grinding another ETR, same content, same very few options, same routine.

The grind was already very intensive with a regular 8 hours a day in game, but I have a job and preferred getting this done now, before level 30 comes out, where the grinding will be insane with about 9.9m xp per life.

Anyone who has intentions of ETR'ing is doing themselves a favor to rush it now as it will be way more painful later on.
    There is a dev post somewhere that said they were going to adjust epic xp once the cap hits 30, because 9.9 mil is too much.

A bit more, and all was bought during " Double bonus points ".

Skipped a vacation trip
    Good job Icywave. I admit that I am jealous that you came into the game in the summer of last year and grinded out all those lives. I have been playing since release and just got completionist myself in November last year. I think it says a lot to your ability to walk into the game and acquire so many of those lives in such a short amount of time.

You are going to get a lot of people on here that will bust balls for the amount of money you spent, but who cares? It's your money. It's your time. Spend it how you want. I have friends who save money all year and then splurge on a trip to Gencon rather than do something else with their money.

Without people investing money into Turbine Points and using the DDO store this game would be in a lot worse shape than it is now. It's called capitalism people.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 17); Saulot (Life 5); Leviathian (Life 9); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Spend as much money on the game as you want. Just please don't go around thinking that's an achievement for anyone other than Turbine.
    Red, I agree with most of your posts that I normally see...

however, this hasn't been posted in the achievement section.

Also, achievements are in terms of game accomplishments in my opinion. Regardless of getting XYZ lives with or without stones, with or without tomes, etc, it isn't an achievement in any cases. There is only time, skill isn't required to get xp.
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd

If you got 87 past life feats without a stone, you would value it.
    Why? Mindless XP grinding is mindless XP grinding. It's as much of an achievement as chewing your food.

The OP paid somebody else to chew half of his food for him!

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

You know Turbine, they Ninja Fix this kinda of stuff here and there, and don't even mention it on patch notes, like it was done for Epic Destinies under lvl 20.
    Don't disillusion yourself, it is not fixed. I will say though its pretty sick that you can use 2 tier 4 twists now
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by H8Tank View Post
    If this is the case, thanks for supporting DDO. All DDO folks have to do is check their data Vault and they can confirm the purchases and not worry about duping. A good reason to buy stones instead of trading for them, right? Paper trail to prove your case.
    Yup, I knew this would come out from someone on forums and would have never posted if I had something to hide. Turbine can totally check my invoices, everything is there and there is no worries on my mind. I leave getting banned for others. I like to play, so won't auto-ban myself.

Also, achievements are in terms of game accomplishments in my opinion. Regardless of getting XYZ lives with or without stones, with or without tomes, etc, it isn't an achievement in any cases. There is only time, skill isn't required to get xp.
    I partly agree. If you feel it's an accomplishment, then that's all that matters. Surely you must have anticipated some of the backlash you're getting by posting it on the forums, whether it's in the achievements section or not. I'm happy you achieved your goal. I'm happy Turbine got some cash. I just don't think it's noteworthy enough to post on the forums looking for attention as it will just get the wrong type of attention.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

"Skill" in DDO is a myth. It takes no skill to play this game. It take repetition and quest memorization. So, getting past live CAN require "skill" for some people, and that "skill" will be seen depending on what quests they've run during their TR train. People that farm wiz king for 13 lives will be more "skilled" in Wiz King than people who haven't. And so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Good job Icywave. I admit that I am jealous that you came into the game in the summer of last year and grinded out all those lives. I have been playing since release and just got completionist myself in November last year. I think it says a lot to your ability to walk into the game and acquire so many of those lives in such a short amount of time.

You are going to get a lot of people on here that will bust balls for the amount of money you spent, but who cares? It's your money. It's your time. Spend it how you want. I have friends who save money all year and then splurge on a trip to Gencon rather than do something else with their money.

Without people investing money into Turbine Points and using the DDO store this game would be in a lot worse shape than it is now. It's called capitalism people.
    If people spent their money on content, quests/new classes/new races, that would encourage turbine to produce more of that.

If people spend more money on hats and pets and hats for their pets, then turbine would turn their attention to that market.

And if people are willing to spend $2k to avoid playing the game, then that is what turbine will focus on. More barriers, more grind and more $$ to bypass those barriers. Is that really what we need more of? I'll stick to buying content, and playing the game.

Uber Completionist

There is a dev post somewhere that said they were going to adjust epic xp once the cap hits 30, because 9.9 mil is too much.
    Haven't seen it, could be. Then again, lets believe stuff when it is actually real and implemented in game. Like when they spoke of a 38 pt build, didn't quite happen. So this could also be " an idea ", not a fact.

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

"Skill" in DDO is a myth. It takes no skill to play this game. It take repetition and quest memorization. So, getting past live CAN require "skill" for some people, and that "skill" will be seen depending on what quests they've run during their TR train. People that farm wiz king for 13 lives will be more "skilled" in Wiz King than people who haven't. And so forth.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. There is plenty of skill in this game in terms of dodging attacks, kiting, meleeing, sneaking, even zerging. The truly skilled players show themselves in never before seen situations and how they handle themselves in the moment. Sure repetition and memorization come later, but to get there you have to run it a first time. It's the truly skilled players that impress on the first go around, not the 100th.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

If people spent their money on content, quests/new classes/new races, that would encourage turbine to produce more of that.

If people spend more money on hats and pets and hats for their pets, then turbine would turn their attention to that market.

And if people are willing to spend $2k to avoid playing the game, then that is what turbine will focus on. More barriers, more grind and more $$ to bypass those barriers. Is that really what we need more of? I'll stick to buying content, and playing the game.
    The money Icy spends and the money everyone spends on DDO pays the labor/material/overhead to keep DDO alive. Period. Without players investing in the game via monthly subscriptions, or by purchasing DDO points the game dies. This should not be a hard concept to understand. Icy is no different than someone investing stock into Turbine. His ROI are the past life feats.

And in reference to your comment about buying content I fail to see what that has to do with anything. DDO has been around for nearly 8 years now and there have only been two expansion packs they have released that required users to buy them - Menace of the Underdark, and Shadowfell Conspiracy (correct me if I am wrong). All other packs are free if you are a VIP.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 17); Saulot (Life 5); Leviathian (Life 9); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Spend as much money on the game as you want. Just please don't go around thinking that's an achievement for anyone other than Turbine.
    this ^

Uber Completionist

I partly agree. If you feel it's an accomplishment, then that's all that matters. Surely you must have anticipated some of the backlash you're getting by posting it on the forums, whether it's in the achievements section or not. I'm happy you achieved your goal. I'm happy Turbine got some cash. I just don't think it's noteworthy enough to post on the forums looking for attention as it will just get the wrong type of attention.
    The backlash was anticipated. Honestly, I had in mind it would be much worst.

And I'd rather have a post like mine, than a monkcher with double imbues and such actually claiming it is an achievement while cheating, with proof of the exploit on his screenshot.

Especially that I have not claimed it as being an achievement.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    lot of haters in this thred. very sad u are.

grats OP regardles of stones, timer bypasses used. it still is something i coud never do. i just dont have the time or patience for such a undertaking.
    You're kinda confirming the point that others are making though. If you stone your way through the lives then it takes neither time or patience. Just the ability to click .

Which is hardly an achievement. Only the OP knows whether he has or not and if he has to what extent.

I quest regularly with a guy on Ghallanda who has purchased a whole load of boxes whenever they come on sale. He used them to get triple completionist and he's using them for what seems like every other Epic life. Over on the Ghallanda forum we have a thread where people post when they gain Completionist. He refuses to post on that, and as far as I'm aware nobody else knows that he's got so many past lives. He keeps it to himself because, in his own words, "he's got them but he's hardly earned them". We get on well enough that I can take the proverbial out of him about it, but at the end of the day, it's his dollar to spend and it's not for me to tell him how to spend it But like I said, let's not pretend it's an achievement

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast