Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Angry In regard to locked Role Playing Thread

Perhaps DDO forums are not the place for political irony highlighting the struggles of 1. Ukrainian people vs. Yanukovych (2nd post) and 2. the Syrians in their attempt to defeat their oppressor Assad (1st post), but one would have to be seriously clueless not to see this as POLITICAL IRONY. But then again political irony is lost on most Americans who don't realize all we have done for the last 50 years is export terror, death, and weapons in an attempt to spread democracy to South America, Central America, Southeast Asia, Middle East, and Africa.

Then if that wasn't enough, the numerous posters denouncing the original poster. One poster even went so far to suggest he kill himself for posting political irony on a website, crying what about the children. What about the children? What example is set to the "children who visit these forums" when they read about you telling someone to kill themselves??? This is a game. A game in which the sole intent is to kill anything and everything that gets between you and your shiny. Firewall roasts set what example? Six adventures slicing and hacking one lone mob sets what example?

Some folks need to check your self righteousness and hypocrisy.

Perhaps a gaming forum isn't the place in general.

Lots of other places to post that stuff.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

The thread was deemed inappropriate nothing more to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimmo View Post
    Some people need to read the rules of this forum and maybe discuss this elsewhere.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

FFS again!

They need better forms of bans. IDK, something that will not allow people from certain location to create 50 accounts.
    Or make forums p2p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Perhaps DDO forums are not the place for political irony highlighting the struggles of 1. Ukrainian people vs. Yanukovych (2nd post) and 2. the Syrians in their attempt to defeat their oppressor Assad (1st post), but one would have to be seriously clueless not to see this as POLITICAL IRONY. But then again political irony is lost on most Americans who don't realize all we have done for the last 50 years is export terror, death, and weapons in an attempt to spread democracy to South America, Central America, Southeast Asia, Middle East, and Africa.

Then if that wasn't enough, the numerous posters denouncing the original poster. One poster even went so far to suggest he kill himself for posting political irony on a website, crying what about the children. What about the children? What example is set to the "children who visit these forums" when they read about you telling someone to kill themselves??? This is a game. A game in which the sole intent is to kill anything and everything that gets between you and your shiny. Firewall roasts set what example? Six adventures slicing and hacking one lone mob sets what example?

There was no sense of political irony in those threads.

First, the struggles & suffering of real life people have little to no place in a video game discussion forum.

Second, making lite of those people & their situations under the guise of "RP" are both false and reprehensible; and adding Droaam flavored commentary to the pics did nothing to change either of those.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Some people need to read the rules of this forum and maybe discuss this elsewhere.
    ^This

Take it elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

If you see any post you think is out of line with this site's rules & regs - Report it. Be it the OP, a reply, an argument getting out of hand - whatever. If you think the Mods need to take a look at it, hit the Report button. If the Mods agree it was misconduct, the person will either be warned or infracted. Too many infractions and a person will loose their ability to post on these boards, either for good or temporarily.

Not sure how to report a post - hit this button:

and type in why you think the post is going against the rules.

Escapism, which is what the majority of the RPG industry is about, is not the same as real life, and in fact, many folks take part in RPG fantasy games to get away from real life for a few hours.

That pixelated escapism is not the same as real life tragedy?

By not cyber bullying, or justifying cyber bullying the OP because their actions were also wrong.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    If you see any post you think is out of line with this site's rules & regs - Report it. Be it the OP, a reply, an argument getting out of hand - whatever. If you think the Mods need to take a look at it, hit the Report button. If the Mods agree it was misconduct, the person will either be warned or infracted. Too many infractions and a person will loose their ability to post on these boards, either for good or temporarily.

Not sure how to report a post - hit this button:

and type in why you think the post is going against the rules.
    But why bother?
    They will start new forum account and will return to trolling in 5 minutes tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Perhaps DDO forums are not the place for political irony [...]
    Yeah. Cura te ipsum.

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    But why bother?
    They will start new forum account and will return to trolling in 5 minutes tops.
    I guess some people really have time to waste if they are doing so ....
    Icywave - Orien Server - On life 88 - First Ultimate Completionist - 3x all past life feats- Guild: Intel Rq'd
    Build & Gear: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ast-life-feats

But why bother?
    Iin my opinion, the best way to troll a person who feels they have a Very Important Message they want to share is to have that message shut off. They're prepared, nay eagerly awaiting, our responses and flames. But, get that thread locked and they can't say anything to anyone which is the direct opposite of what they want.

If they open a new account - cool. I report that one too, when they post something that warrants it. Gotta make sure the Mods are earning their pay.

.make forums p2p.
    This. Like buy the lowest priced point pack once and you get a forum account.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Perhaps DDO forums are not the place for ......
    Some people are slow learners.

Community Member

Wellhopefull the example I set to any children reading, is that making light of things like the image of a man being set on fire, is never ever appropriate material to use in any kind of attempt at humor. I also hope I taught them to not tolerate such loathsome behavior and to call it out and tear it down when encountered.

Im not a cyber bully, I am a cyber vigilante do please get it right.

Nor is your belittling of the efforts of brave servicemen and woman over the last 50 years to spread freedom abroad remotely appreciated. Im fairly sure you could get yourself killed or at least beaten senseless if you spoke like that within ear shot of a veteran or a family member to one like myself.

So frankly all you do is out yourself as another waste of life. I dont think I need to repeat myself on what I think wastes of life need to do to resolve that do I?

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Perhaps DDO forums are not the place for ...
    Can anyone provide a link to the original thread?

Quote Originally Posted by SilentTooLong View Post
    So frankly all you do is out yourself as another waste of life. I dont think I need to repeat myself on what I think wastes of life need to do to resolve that do I?
    It doesn't matter which side of the debate you are on if you post things like this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Can anyone provide a link to the original thread?

It doesn't matter which side of the debate you are on if you post things like this.
    Im done with being batman, its time to take on the punishers approach.

as for the OP thread and second thread Id never link them again, but needless to say they consisted of pictures of real world brutality including a man set aflame. All under some BS claim it was some attempt at RP related humor.

Dont like what I say report me, report me truly if your the kind of person who would watch a person commit rape or murder and sit back calling the police while hiding rather then face the scum head on and deal with them as they should be dealt with, with no mercy, no remorse.

NO MORE COMPROMISE!

Community Member

FFS again!

They need better forms of bans. IDK, something that will not allow people from certain location to create 50 accounts.
    Or make forums p2p.
    I would agree with this, except for the fact that I can't sign in with my paid account and had to create a new account just for the forums. So unless Turbine gets their $hit together, then I'll have to disagree.

Community Member

Reported.
    Every time I open any news channel, I see politics. I dont need or want to see it here.
    Also, your POV is not interesting for me.
    Also, if you want to post real lie gore and pass it as Role play, go ither to 4chan or the "other forum".
    There, it will be gloves off and lets eat him. Here, we are to be civilized.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast