Community Member

Default CD Key through Steam

I'm kind of at my wits end here.

I recently bought MotU through Steam. I log in, and it doesn't show up. Makes sense, I didn't think about steam and turbine's interaction. I look for how to register it or activate it, and I find out I'm supposed to get the CD Key in an emailed receipt. The receipt I did get had no such key. I check steam's info on my game, and under "DLC" it says I don't have any. I checked my Steam purchases, and while it does show I paid almost $40 for the expansion, it shows nothing in terms of a CD Key. I checked the DDO store to see if it had something for me to use, but still no.

I emailed both steam support and turbine support to get it working. I even tweeted DDO Support. Steam told me to check my DLC, which I had done to no avail. Turbine still hasn't gotten back to me on either front.

All I'm looking for is a way to use the stuff I paid for. Is there somewhere to look or someone I need to talk to?

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Where did you log in? To the game, or to Turbine Account Management?

MotU, and any other content, is already downloaded on all clients. The only difference buying makes is whether you can access it or not.
    But if it does not show up in Turbine Account Management, then something is wrong indeed.

Have you got access to Epic Destinies, or gotten Cosmetic Pet: Demonweb Spiderling? Either of these should mean you do indeed have the MotU content.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

I logged into the game first. I also went to the account management site afterwards. Neither did anything regarding MotU.

I bought it through Steam, and Steam knows I paid for it since it shows up in my purchases. It just doesn't do anything after that.

I tried making a Druid after buying the bundle, and I got to the end where it says "Get Now" or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstriped View Post
    I logged into the game first. I also went to the account management site afterwards. Neither did anything regarding MotU.

I bought it through Steam, and Steam knows I paid for it since it shows up in my purchases. It just doesn't do anything after that.

I tried making a Druid after buying the bundle, and I got to the end where it says "Get Now" or whatever.
    I think it's right click on DDO in steam, view downloadable content, and the key should be listed there. Then type that in somewhere.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I think it's right click on DDO in steam, view downloadable content, and the key should be listed there. Then type that in somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstriped View Post
    I check steam's info on my game, and under "DLC" it says I don't have any.
    In fact, when I hit "view available DLC" Steam doesn't even think there is any DLC for DDO for some reason.