Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Alcod1 View Post
    Sorry if this sounds harsh but Wiz/Rog or Bard/Rog are my favorite builds and I won't even attempt them on a new server if I can't get the gear, see #3 above, when I make a new toon to farm TP/favor on a new server.
    Trapper gear seems to have become very uncommon.

and OP, don't worry about traps on a ranger, you get evasion at level 9, and you hopefully have a good amount of dex, so you can just run through the traps and heal up on the other side if you have to.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

To learn the skills you'll need to splash one level of Rogue or of Artificer.

then with items ( good luck, since the Great Ghostbanning of Loot they have been rare ) you will be able to do all the things a rogue can do.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Good planning is usually needed to make a decent toon so,

May I suggest using Ron's character planner

Found Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Trapper gear seems to have become very uncommon.

and OP, don't worry about traps on a ranger, you get evasion at level 9, and you hopefully have a good amount of dex, so you can just run through the traps and heal up on the other side if you have to.
    I haven't really noticed it being any rarer than usual. I still seem to be dumping search and spot items quite a bit. As long as you aren't trying to get elite traps at level, you shouldn't have problems using first life found gear.

OP as long as your base INT is 12-14 you should have plenty of skill points to put max search, spot, disable and throw some into unlock (you don't need to max this). Even with a 10 INT you should be fine if you don't care so much about balance, UMD, or social skills.

Starting a new character is easiest, but if you don't want to re-roll you can also easily LR your character to re-allocate skill points into the trapping skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    you can add rogue but if your low level your best starting over since you should always take rogue as your first level
    This is rather important in my opinion taking rogue at 1st gives you a lot more skill points in the skills you will want specially if your int is not that high.

also just give a shout out in general or trade in harbour or market asking for some +5 thief tools it's very likely someone will be around and just give you some free they make a big difference early on when you are still working on your gear and higher level people usually get them easy from chests so they don't have much value.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowowl View Post
    This is rather important in my opinion taking rogue at 1st gives you a lot more skill points in the skills you will want specially if your int is not that high.
    There are only 8 points difference between rogues and rangers at level one. Not enough to make much of a difference unless the player wants to put a lot of points in other skills besides spot, search, disable, and UMD. Certainly not enough to necessitate re-rolling if the player doesn't want to go back to first level.

STARTING INT 8 10 12 14
    MODIFIER -1 0 +1 +2
    ROGUE SKILL POINTS (8 + MODIFIER)*4 28 32 36 40
    RANGER SKILL POINTS (6 + MODIFIER) * 4 20 24 28 32

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12