Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

[QUOTE=Takllin;5234200]I can keep going back and forth with you, but it's a waste of my time. Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Takllin View Post
    None of this is even remotely set in stone.
    You realized you are wrong, good day to you too.

Also not everyone likes the grinding that is epic TR.
    Yeah, they're all back to running heroics.

Seriously, the LFMs for 20-28 are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post

You realized you are wrong, good day to you too.
    What the hell is wrong with you?

The 4200 value didn't change, but the initial implementation was to only drop them as saga rewards.

We don't get them as saga rewards right now, they appear in the end reward list of every epic quest.

This is called a change, thereby giving credibility to Tak's point.

Do I think it'll change? I don't know, we have evidence for both directions in the past. That doesn't mean it concretely won't
    Last edited by Cetus; 01-24-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Yeah, they're all back to running heroics.

Seriously, the LFMs for 20-28 are done.
    Only because the content is dry and run dozens and dozens of times already.

And yes, people still run heroic TRs

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Only because the content is dry and run dozens and dozens of times already.
    And ETR does NOTHING to make it exciting.

With heroics the landscape is always changing. You run different quests as you level up.

With epics? Once the first-time bonuses are done there's very little worth running. The best practice is the same junk over and over again. At least with heroic you have over 100 quests worth running.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you?

The 4200 value didn't change, but the initial implementation was to only drop them as saga rewards.

We don't get them as saga rewards right now, they appear in the end reward list of every epic quest.

This is called a change, thereby giving credibility to Tak's point.

Do I think it'll change? I don't know, we have evidence for both directions in the past. That doesn't mean it concretely won't
    He wrote nothing is set in stone, 4.2k was set in stone.
    Crit multiplier and crit range will not change, in that I am 100% sure.

They either need to lower them to 23, or make them 5 times better.
    Otherwise I wont bother with it, just like I didnt bother with house c raids.

That was why I suggested ML26. Going from 20-25 is pretty painless, but the climb to 6.6 million (10m later when we get to level 30) isn't as fast. ML26 would be a nice boost in power assuming the melee effects are boosted and kind of fits into the ETR twink setup that we used to have with GS and heroics. Dropping the ML to 23 bumps into CiTW weapons and further pushes that raid into the gran canyon of never run.

I do agree some change is needed but this is a alpha look and nothing is set in stone. We need good feedback and surveys to help the dev team give us what we think we want.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    And ETR does NOTHING to make it exciting.

With heroics the landscape is always changing. You run different quests as you level up.

With epics? Once the first-time bonuses are done there's very little worth running. The best practice is the same junk over and over again. At least with heroic you have over 100 quests worth running.
    I know that, my point was people will be staying at 28 to run the new content. And then inevitably like every other update it gets boring and the TR grinding starts again.

It's the same with every update.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Worth reposting:
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    • Loot is not finished. Not even close. Matter of fact, most of it is placeholder stuff.
    Last edited by Takllin; 01-24-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

He wrote nothing is set in stone, 4.2k was set in stone.
    Crit multiplier and crit range will not change, in that I am 100% sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    There are some things that you will notice:

• Loot is not finished. Not even close. Matter of fact, most of it is placeholder stuff.
    Unless you're on the Dev team, there is a 0% chance you could even state "Crit multiplier and crit range will not change" as factual. The loot isn't set in stone and is not even close to finished, this is an Alpha and many things are very much still in progress, which all Dev posts in Lama to this point push as a significant point. The whole point of this thread was to get the forums a copy of the Wyrm-wrought crafting system in its current state on Lama and generate feedback on said items and enchantments for the Devs to gather and adjust as they see fit.
    Last edited by Grizzt14; 01-24-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    Degenerate Matter
    Argonnessen

Grizzt
    Ivandria
    Sazcir
    Halania
    Tazaras
    Karjya
    Shintao Monk Henshin Mystic Mechanic Artificer Tempest

Archmage
    (Retired)
    Air Savant
    (Retired)

One sure way to make this whole system a LOT more sought after?

REDUCE THE ML!!
    (This is the MAIN reason I love Greensteel so much.)

If these could be reduced to 20, they would be HIGHLY sought after.

That would be my advice to the devs.
    What you've got seems ok. Reduce the ML and suddenly these become beautiful.
    Anything in the game that is ML(cap) is something I personally will almost never use.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Lol, they will not be the best weapons in game, maybe for casters, for melee or ranged, nop.
    Maybe you should sit back and look at what other melee use as my fighter uses Dwarven axes (There are non from CITW) and theses new ones surpass the EE ones from GH so in my case it will be a win situation,
    Last edited by DogMania; 01-24-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Community Member

probably a stupid question, (XD alright, I know it is) but would the great crossbow, longbow, and heavy repeater and handwraps count as two handed for that +1 unique spell DC?
    Last edited by Violith; 01-24-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    One sure way to make this whole system a LOT more sought after?

REDUCE THE ML!!
    (This is the MAIN reason I love Greensteel so much.)

If these could be reduced to 20, they would be HIGHLY sought after.

That would be my advice to the devs.
    What you've got seems ok. Reduce the ML and suddenly these become beautiful.
    Anything in the game that is ML(cap) is something I personally will almost never use.
    My only concern would be that they would then dramatically reduce the power.

Maybe they could add more options for the different tiers.

Lower the base ML on the items but then have some upgrades choices that are very powerful and raise the ML while other choices are less powerful but keep the ML low.

This way people can choose if they want an item to use at cap or an item to use during ER's. (Or they can even grind out both options)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    Maybe you should sit back and look at what other melee use as my fighter uses Dwarven axes (There are non from CITW) and theses new ones surpass the EE ones from GH so in my case it will be a win situation,
    Agreed, as another who likes to use Dwarven axes, these look pretty good to me. The fact that these weapons look like junk to some and good to others should say something about the current weapon balance and I am happy to see an attempt to address it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    My only concern would be that they would then dramatically reduce the power.

Maybe they could add more options for the different tiers.

Lower the base ML on the items but then have some upgrades choices that are very powerful and raise the ML while other choices are less powerful but keep the ML low.

This way people can choose if they want an item to use at cap or an item to use during ER's. (Or they can even grind out both options)
    Didnt like alchemical crafting due to the fact that it raised the base items ML.

Personally, It wouldnt be bad (or impossible to do) if they based the DC, and damage effects on the level of the person wielding it.
    they could've made it AML 23, but its effects checked the level of the wielder similiar to how Divine Vengeance does, so the effects and DC you crafted onto it would increase as you level. and then they could set the DC/damage per lvl to what they though was reasonable at that time instead of a static number (and listed the DC and damage on the effect that its currently using)

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    Didnt like alchemical crafting due to the fact that it raised the base items ML.
    That's why it would be a choice. You pick the powerful abilities that raise the ML or you pick the lesser abilities that keeps it the same. You choose based on what your goals are.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    That's why it would be a choice. You pick the powerful abilities that raise the ML or you pick the lesser abilities that keeps it the same. You choose based on what your goals are.
    Well alchemical crafting also significantly increased the ML of the items. I think a 25-28 system would be nice.

Degenerate Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzt14 View Post
    Unless you're on the Dev team, there is a 0% chance you could even state "Crit multiplier and crit range will not change" as factual. The loot isn't set in stone and is not even close to finished, this is an Alpha and many things are very much still in progress, which all Dev posts in Lama to this point push as a significant point. The whole point of this thread was to get the forums a copy of the Wyrm-wrought crafting system in its current state on Lama and generate feedback on said items and enchantments for the Devs to gather and adjust as they see fit.
    They will change crit when they fix ladder bug.

No shields

Monk splash casters will be happy with their dream kamas I guess.

Looks like eSOS will remain best dps for thf.
    Main: Zodaroth - heroic & epic completionist pure dwarven warlock
    Alts: Zodynkar (caster), Zodirkeal (archer), Zodinn (lab rat)
    ---- Death N Taxes -------------------------------------------------------Argo -----

If I get this right, for my Air/Fire savant, I should be able to make a:

1) QSTAFF:

T1

+11 (+33 Implement)
    +150 Equipment Bonus to Electric Spell Power.
    Wyrmic Minor Focus: Passive: +1 Unique Bonus to the DC to resist your spells. (DC Boost Available on Two Handers Only)

T2

+6 Equipment Bonus to the DC to resist your Evocation spells.

T3

+22% Equipment Bonus to their chance to Electrical Critical Hit.

2) Two one-handers

First one:

T1
    +11
    +150 Electrical Spellpower

T2

+6 Equipment Bonus to the DC to resist your Evocation spells.

T3

+22% Equipment Bonus to their chance to Electrical Critical Hit.

Second one:

T1

+11
    +150 Fire Spellpower

T2

Wyrmic Focus: Passive: +2 Bonus to all Spell DCs. (What's this? Does this stack with everything else?)
    OR
    +6 Equipment Bonus to the DC to resist your Enchantment spells - THERE IS NOTHING HERE FOR THE SECOND ONE HANDER HERE.

T3

+22% Equipment Bonus to their chance to Fire Critical Hit.

So, with the QSTAFF, I gain

+2 DC (1 Unique and +1 because of the +6 Equipment one), +6 Electric Spellpower, +3 Implement SP, and 2% Electrical crit chance.

but lose the ALL the Fire stuff.

With the 2 one-handers, I gain (my current weapons are both 144/20%):

+1 DC (+6 Equipment), +9 SP in both Fire and Electric, +2% Fire and Electrical Crit chance

and lose NOTHING.

I'm a bit disappointed. Just a bit thou. Couple of reasons:

1) The two 1-handers look a lot stronger than the QSTAFF build but in the end they are both small upgrades which I kinda like.
    2) There is no Arcane Augmentation.
    3) The two-handers need a lot more works to make them at least appealing.
    4) They haven't anything that makes them..unique. They are just bigger numbers from what we have on live.

Right now, the quartestaff (or any two-hander) is not an option.
    Last edited by Wizza; 01-24-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast