Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    This nerf was needed, I'm sorry QP DCs 10+ a maxed PM was retarded.

Hopefully this is the first of many monks nerfs, I literally have wood right now. Move the crit multiplier from Earth to Fire and I won't be able to close my eyelids do to lack of skin,
    I must say that I totally agree with the troll here... moving crit multiplier from earth to fire would be a good move....

/E
    Cannith - Characters: Khierra - Former The Dominator (U7) (TR 12Mnk/7rog/1ftr) now becoming 13 Rogue/6 Monk/ 1 Druid Staff Orc # Tisseltass - The Prodigy (10rgr/2rog/1mnk) # Smallpoxx (14 pure shintao monk, healing amp) # Azatooth (12ftr/5rog/1mnk) # Eleona (15fvs/2mnk) # Heliga Birgitta (7cleric/3monk, Healing Amp)

Quote Originally Posted by Andoris View Post
    If we assume that a monk maxes out wisdom and put everything into it their DC's (similar to how a wizard would max out int and put everything into their DC's), you end up with a QP DC that looks like this.

Wis: 68 (18 +7 levels +5 Tome +1 globe +1 litany +11 item +3 insightful +6 epic desitiny +4 from enhancements +2 capstone + 4 water stance + 2 yugo +2 ship +1 twists +3 greater wisdom feats) -- you could add +2 with completionist, +2 with alchemical wraps (but then you can't slot sundering 12 gloves). That leaves two twists, one tactics and one for injury (assuming your not bladeforged).

That gives us a QP DC of --83 (10 base + 10 monk levels + 28 wis mod + 12 sundering item + 6 combat mastery + 6 legendary tactics + 3 GMoF + 3 racial +3 fighter PL's +2 tactician), Add in improved sunder for +2, shaken (fearsome or injury) for +2 and the sundering effect on your wraps for 1 more and we are at an effective QP DC of 88.

So on live today you are at a 83/88 DC versus a 68 necro dc on a fully spec'd out wizard. Just removing the sundering item would bring this down to a 71 dc / 75 effective which is still a bit too high imo. I can somewhat live with it though as wizards get more debuffing options, but still don't like it.

The proposed U21 changes however would put our maxed out QP monk down to a DC of 48 (10 base + 10 monk levls +28 wis mod) with an effective DC of 53 (48 + 2 shaken + 2 improved sunder +1 sundering weapon effect or Alchemical wraps [+2 wisdom]).

At a 53 DC this will never get used -- it is useless in EE content, and most likely useless on EH content.

A balanced solution would be for QP to use full monk levels (+10 dc) and have GMoF grant +1 to monk ability DC's for every core (+5 DC). That would put your QP DC at a 68 which makes the max wisdom monk viable in all content.

Quivering Palm needed a nerf, however; the current U21 solution would make the ability useless (again). My suggestion would make it difficult to get effective DC's, but not impossible, a 68 DC is workable.. you might need to stack some improved sunders to get it to land on higher fort mobs, but it will land, add in the +4 from having it fail once and you are golden. On low fort save mobs QP will be just as effective as before.

This counter-proposal will allow the wisdom based monk build will still be a viable build. Additionally the +5 to monk DC's in GMoF will make many of the other monk abilities in that ED useful in end game content.

The "nerf" or "fix"... I think is still heavy handed.

I would have just changed it from 1/2 Monk to full monk levels and 1/2 wisdom bonus.
    It would also benefit investment into Monk levels more so then builds like a cleric 18/monk2... or any of the whateveer/6 monk levels

so would end up as 10 + Monk Levels + 1/2 Wisdom bonus + Extra's..

Gear, Feats, Sundering, Tactics, racial,.... should always be relevant in any build since it is part of the challenge of a build...

Stars aligned gear and buffs is the whole point.. if grinding out all the gear you listed and sacrificing feats/enhancements to focus on QP DC's does not give the build the edge it needs then the whole process is moot. QP will fall back into the void of worthlessness..

I am still surprised that 10k stars has not been addressed.
    10kstars and Manyshot should share the exact same timer and cool down .. picking one should invalidate the other.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-24-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Default QP nerf DOOOooOooo0000m dependent on QP being a tactical/combat ability or not.

OK so the QP nerf is:

Miscellaneous Changes:
    The Monk's Quivering Palm ability is getting some revisions related to its DC, as part of investigation into balancing Death effects. Quivering Palm no longer benefits from Sundering bonuses. However, whenever an enemy saves vs. Quivering Palm, you get a stacking +4 bonus to your Quivering Palm DC. This stack is dispelled when you successfully kill someone with Quivering Palm. We are keeping an eye on these numbers and they may be changed in the future.
    This is the full text of Quivering Palm:
    Melee Attack: Deliver a fatal attack by sending waves of vibrations through your target. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect. (DC = 10 + 1/2 Monk Level + Wisdom Modifier). When an enemy saves vs. Quivering Palm, you gain a stacking +4 Perseverance bonus to your Quivering Palm DC until you kill an enemy with Quivering Palm (or 3 minutes pass)."

Am I wrong in thinking that QP is a tactical/combat ability? The wiki seems to indicate it is and I always thought it was. Key comment, "Tactical feats, or Combat feats are feats that correspond to melee special attacks require a DC check success." If this is still true then it will still receive the bonus from Legendary Tactics (+6), Dwarven Enhancement (+3), Innate Ability in GMOF (+3), Combat Mastery (+5), and all other tactical/combat affecting items.

As I say, this is all assuming that QP is a tactical/combat ability as it seems to be. So because the update simply says 'Sundering bonuses' will not apply that seems to me that only really applies to shattering items. So a loss of 8-11 DC for most players. So not as DOOOOooooOOoo00000m as it could be.

So is it a tactical/combat ability or not Mr. Developer?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    QP is not a tactical feat,
    not on lama, so nothing is added to it. No idea what it is on live. my monk is on a fighter life so.....
    made a test on lama 18 monk 2 fighter.

fighter enhancement tactics- no
    LD tactics - no
    GMOF tactics - no (really)
    Epic feat tactics- no
    I did not check racial or fighter past lives, but doesn't look promising.
    So it more than a -10 - 12 or so, its way more.
    Teh Troll has also answered the question as did the testing on Lamm. So this begs the question why isn't it?
    Last edited by ThrakThor; 01-24-2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: New information

Quote Originally Posted by ThrakThor View Post

So is it a tactical/combat ability or not Mr. Developer?
    Not according to Player's Handbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    Just did an EE Tor with a QP Monk with mid-70s DC. Said he fails only when mobs roll a 20 on all EE content.

If this nerf is a -10 DC only, then I like it. If its actually the -27 DC that some are saying, then that is going way too far.
    It's a simple rollback of a class back to a state in witch it was already considered one of the strongest classes.
    NESALOMLJIVI, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    This is a wrong nerf.
    Lvl15+ monks didn't need nerf.
    lvl2-6 monk splashes do.
    ^^^^This

I do not mind the guy who spent his entire carrerr kicking in pajamas to be uber. I very much do mind when a guy in armor drastically improves his survivability by ditching armor and splashing two monk levels. Or when a guy with a bow drastically improves his DPS by splashing six monk levels.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalConcreteSledge View Post
    It's a simple rollback of a class back to a state in witch it was already considered one of the strongest classes.
    Try to say this 10 times without laughing. Maybe we should rollback barbarians to module 3, when they were almost powerfull.

J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalConcreteSledge View Post
    Yup. It's a rollback of a buff that never should have been done int he first place.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Surveys!

I just wanted to let everyone know that surveys for the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar and the Thunderholme Adventure Area are now available!
    Surveys are AWESOME!
    Bug Things! We like bugs! ... well not really, bugs are bad, but we like to know about them!
    Copy your Character or make a new one using the handy tools available in the Test Dojo.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Please Squeak, can you check if the character copy tool works ?

It seems to be down.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Also the DDO Store on Lama could use a kick in the pants.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Please Squeak, can you check if the character copy tool works ?

It seems to be down.
    This. I am not going to make a new character to try out the quest. I can't give accurate feedback since I have no experience on live with the new character.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

No mention of a fix to the shuriken portion of the ninja spy capstone?
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    This. I am not going to make a new character to try out the quest. I can't give accurate feedback since I have no experience on live with the new character.
    You can make an exact copy of your character in about 15-20 minutes. It's really NOT that big of a deal....
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    You can make an exact copy of your character in about 15-20 minutes. It's really NOT that big of a deal....
    Including past lives and epic past lives? I must be slow at building characters.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

With all the Items ( Epic something or other, Greensteel, ... ) ? come on.

Like rest I must have a problem, I haven't been able to find the seal/scrolls/shards and/or the altars

*nudge Squeak*

Any news of the Character Copy Tool ? Because if I can't copy characters there's basically no point for me to keep updating L-Space Client.

EDIT :
    While we are at it, could you please explain us what is Akamai NetSession Interface, why it has to be installed in a sneaky way ( behind the splash screen ), what do you use it for and why it gets reinstalled automatically every time we uninstall it and restart the game client ? Oh and why it has to launch two instances taking each between 5 and 9 Mb of RAM ?

Since I have no idea that piece of software does and since it raised all the hell in my security settings I'm going to consider it as a 100% dangerous piece of code and just stop trying to reach L-Space.
    I really hope you won't put that piece of malware on Live.
    Last edited by Flavilandile; 01-24-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Default most of it is good

Most of the update is good, but I'm concerned about two points:

- chest rerolls - 3 times? Really? You think this will help the game?
    - Quiver of Poison - what? Why bind on acquire? It works fine w/bind on equip. I have had no issues with either of my Quivers.

Very happy with what I am seeing in THunderholme, I had too roll a fvs put some cool gear on her. so she is not gimp. but still went through a lot of mana and I don't think I got very far by the time I got too the peak with the puzzle all those fury wolves had me I had no more mana we need shrines inhere I see 2 on the map but still unable to locate them. jLooks good keep up the hard work.
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

it took you 20 minutes to replicate the same gear on Live and do all the TR and ER lives?

im not just wanting to see how a 1st life character can play in Haunted Halls even after spending time trying to get the same gear I have on Live and going through character creation. the whole point of character copy is so we don't have to go through the leveling and gearing process. if you want to play a drow, you have to unlock the favor or hit the "buy now" button. I would rather give a more thorough feedback on my experiences than to waste time starting fresh on a character that wont be anything like my Live characters.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Say hello to the most op level 2 spell in the game: Soundburst
    62 DC cometfall still better though wonder if you can get soundburst to 62.
    Founder member of aLiclan

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast