Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 101 to 118 of 118
  1. #101
    Community Member Shadow_Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    More important is rogues getting a buff.
    No. Rogues do not need a buff, rogues need people who can build rogues. Leave rogues out of the discussion, they have never been nerfed because they never needed to be, and they have never had any major upgrades, because they have never needed them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    Good point. It ain't always easy wading into melee on EE to deliver a QP.
    Try Assassinate, yet somehow I still manage to run around EE and go sneak in the middle of a fight and kill mobs.
    The Shadow Assassin ~ Hsoftl ~ 16th life Halfling Assassin

    Do you even sneak bro?

    "Death on Call"

  2. #102
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Jumper View Post
    No. Rogues do not need a buff, rogues need people who can build rogues. Leave rogues out of the discussion, they have never been nerfed because they never needed to be, and they have never had any major upgrades, because they have never needed them.



    Try Assassinate, yet somehow I still manage to run around EE and go sneak in the middle of a fight and kill mobs.
    Assassinate is on the nerf list right after quivering palm.

  3. #103
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    I am going to a Devil's advocate and say the U21 items should be no more powerful than the U19 items. i.e. spell power at 144, critical chance at 20% and enhancement at 10, etc.

    Reasons being

    1. The power creep will make the game easier than it is now for new and even more so for old content.
    2. The older gear are almost useless. ( look at U19 random gen compared to the named item from before)
    3. There will be a bigger gap in power between power gamer and casual gamer making the pug scene even worse than now
    5. People are already soloing the new EE raid.
    6. There need to be more emphasis for DC on items and not just spamming spells and cleaves.

    When Pre U14 epic gear is epic, items had +15 tactics like dennith heavy chain with +15 Trip, Epic Brawn spirit with 20 intimidate. Post U14, Tactics is capped at 10 and 20 skill check is almost non existence on named items?

    There should to be a plateau where power is similar among a bunch of quests, raids and items instead of regular power up with every update.
    Last edited by IBCrabin; 01-26-2014 at 04:40 PM.

  4. #104
    Community Member LucasMacKinnon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Not counting the new expansion. I have a dwarf monk 18 fighter 2 with 3 fighter past lives. I sit in fire stance with +10 sunder wraps, es challenge cloak. not even wearing +11 wisdom item, or completionist, or yugo pots or ddo store pots with a 72 qp dc. If you take out all the tactical feat bonuses the combat feat bonuses, past life bonuses I will lose 27 to the qp dc. Now with that said. People talk about how great if a wizard could get that dc. or how it's a fair nerf. When you think about it. ok qp has a cool down of about 7 seconds, but here is the kicker. If you are spamming qp and stunning fist like a lot of monks do in EE content they burn through ki. If you have necro casters, shiradi casters or Monchers in the quest with you. You can't keep building up the ki fast enough even in fire stance to really be effective. you have to basically play a balancing act and pick and choose what to stun or try to qp. I would say instead of nerfing the entire dc. Why not double our cool down to say 15 seconds. I would be irritated of course. But would rather compromise something like that then to completely screw over people that spent a lot of time and effort to farm out gear, do the fighter lives, and grind out the wisdom tome. So what if a monk can qp trash mobs. it all depends on the group. i have been in quests where i couldn't even get a few stuns off because of casters. To me the high dc of qp was my ability in some quests to actually get a kill in. So Devs. Why not just get rid of all the melee classes since all it seems you want to do is make them laughable compared to the casters. That is to me what it feels like. Ohh a melee class can do 1 thing better then a caster. Well lets nerf it. I agree it's hard to run into the middle of a mob of enemies to qp one of them.

  5. #105
    Community Member Ykt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Well I guess my break from DDO is gonna last a few more months until they stop nerfing things and focus on fixing Known Issues.

  6. #106
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IBCrabin View Post
    I am going to a Devil's advocate and say the U21 items should be no more powerful than the U19 items. i.e. spell power at 144, critical chance at 20% and enhancement at 10, etc.

    Reasons being

    1. The power creep will make the game easier than it is now for new and even more so for old content.
    2. The older gear are almost useless. ( look at U19 random gen compared to the named item from before)
    3. There will be a bigger gap in power between power gamer and casual gamer making the pug scene even worse than now
    5. People are already soloing the new EE raid.
    6. There need to be more emphasis for DC on items and not just spamming spells and cleaves.

    When Pre U14 epic gear is epic, items had +15 tactics like dennith heavy chain with +15 Trip, Epic Brawn spirit with 20 intimidate. Post U14, Tactics is capped at 10 and 20 skill check is almost non existence on named items?

    There should to be a plateau where power is similar among a bunch of quests, raids and items instead of regular power up with every update.
    Sounds like somebody who just wants DDO to become even more of a tr fest then it already is. Some of us actually want to have a reason to play at level 28 and spend most of our time there. We actually played update 19 and update 18 etc and the game has to keep growing and continuing otherwise why should people play it? You have not made a case why you think the gap will be greater between pugs and power gamers gear has grown? If anything the power of random loot such as deadly items I would say that currently there is less of a gap. I do not see why you think the gap would grow.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  7. #107
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    I am for reduce cool down of QP instead DC.

    6s cool down is insane. In Pen and Paper version QP have cool down one week :-o. If you reduce cool down of QP to 30s, it will be nice and working ability, which will not brake the game and monks will have enough time and ki to enjoy also stunning fist and another ki attack and finishers.

    6s is stupid. Monks haven’t ki and time to use their large scale of ki attacks and only doing QP, while saying why to stun mob, if I can kill him, but I haven’t ki to do QP and stun and healing ki together. Reducing cool down also mostly will reduce monks dc of QP a bit, because player will not buff QP DC for every cost and will thing about investment for DC of ability with long cool down and so will focus more on Stunning fist again.

  8. #108
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default About Druids

    The patch notes do not list the Two Weapon Fighting bugfix for melee Wolf/Bear Druids. While many players want the bug to be wai because of increased dmg (mostly them who splashed Monk or Fighter), those Druids who didn't take the TWF feats still suffer from to-hit and dmg penalties while having eg. two scimitars equipped but fight in Animal Form. Especially with the new Eldritch Knight enhancement tree, there are more possibilities to build a melee Druid now who also needs various Spell Powers which are mainly found on Weapons, currently there are no random Shields or Light/Medium Armors for melee Casters. So the way to go actually is to equip a Robe and a Thaumaturgy Quarterstaff.

    Furthermore the standard Animal attack is always the same one - but its attack speed varies depending on what kind of weapon is equipped. With Twohanders like Quarterstaffs attack speed is slower than with Wraps or S&B. But shouldn't the attack speed in Animal Form always be the same regardless of what weapon set is equipped?

    I, and hopefully many others, would appreciate it when this is addressed in Update 21 too. Thank you.

  9. #109

    Default

    Hi,

    devs, Turbine, Majmal, whoever is in charge of the crafting recipes in the game. First: I think I do understand why we have so many crafting systems in ddo. 1 type for shroud, 1 type for gianthold, 1 type for cannith chall., 1 type for LoD and MA, 1 type for madness chain, lormarch plaza, etc etc. the thing is, its already too much.

    Really, no kidding. I have 1 char I play the most. I like to try different kind of builds, but I don’t like to grind items for them. So I end up with 1 build, he has about 20 heroic past lifes and coulpe epic PLs. the thing is, (except form lack of inventory space when I need to clean up my TR cache), I have about 10 full large ing bags and 1 almost full huge ing bag. I am well aware of the fact, that many ings in the bags are the same, so I could save some space in them. But its not funny to sit and move things from 1 bag to another, just because there are so many different ings. So I woul rly like to beg you Do not create another crafting system. Please.

    Another thing you should consider in U21. Please reduce comm of valor needed for epic hearts and iconic hearts. 4200 is way too much. I use to run many different quests when lvling form 20 to 28 and I end up with about 1600-1800 comm of valor. I do not understand why I should buy xp potions (yes I do buy them), when I end up with capped char without the possibility to TR. I assure you, the number 2000 comms is enough for tr hearth. And not to mention the droprate – I mean why do I have to choose them from end reward? It means for me (and for many other players too), I have to choose comms everytime. So I lost 1 part of the game which I liked. I don’t even check items I could take, I just scroll down the reward list and take comms.

    Please think about this.

    Thx.

  10. #110
    Founder Raiderone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    The "nerf" or "fix"... I think is still heavy handed.

    I would have just changed it from 1/2 Monk to full monk levels and 1/2 wisdom bonus.
    It would also benefit investment into Monk levels more so then builds like a cleric 18/monk2... or any of the whateveer/6 monk levels

    so would end up as 10 + Monk Levels + 1/2 Wisdom bonus + Extra's..

    Gear, Feats, Sundering, Tactics, racial,.... should always be relevant in any build since it is part of the challenge of a build...

    Stars aligned gear and buffs is the whole point.. if grinding out all the gear you listed and sacrificing feats/enhancements to focus on QP DC's does not give the build the edge it needs then the whole process is moot. QP will fall back into the void of worthlessness..


    I am still surprised that 10k stars has not been addressed.
    10kstars and Manyshot should share the exact same timer and cool down .. picking one should invalidate the other.
    I disagree with changing QP based on monk levels or wisdom bonus. What about the folks that didn't bother adding sundering items for better DC's?

    do 1/3 Sundering or 1/2 sundering or stacking 4 DC after fail but not 1/2 wisdom bonus modifier.

    every class should be so lucky to have a version of killing blow attack...monks even get Vorpal Strikes...
    vorpal strikes although heard not great should be available to all classes based on Str, Dex or Wis...

    I play monks...matter of fact I play all classes. I like balance or at least trying for balance...keeping D&D in mind.

  11. #111
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Sounds like somebody who just wants DDO to become even more of a tr fest then it already is. Some of us actually want to have a reason to play at level 28 and spend most of our time there. We actually played update 19 and update 18 etc and the game has to keep growing and continuing otherwise why should people play it? You have not made a case why you think the gap will be greater between pugs and power gamers gear has grown? If anything the power of random loot such as deadly items I would say that currently there is less of a gap. I do not see why you think the gap would grow.
    The post was to suggest on slowing down the power creep of each update for the mentioned reasons. I did not explained nor was the intent of the post why there will be a bigger gap between casual and power gamer. The post was to look at the named loot of U21 not the random generated gear of U19.

    The gap didn't shrink because of U19 random generated gear. What casual gamers have access to, power gamers have access to even easier. People can easily pick up a deadly 8 of resistance 8. A power gamer would go and find a deadly 10 of resistance 10 or similar with slot. This doesn't close the gap, just made them parallel in power creep.

    The gap shrink because of the raider box and the bugs. If it wasn't for the raider box, would we be seeing so many monkcher running around with pinions? If it wasn't for the bag bug, would they be fully upgraded weapons so quickly? This is not to say some people didn't spent the time farming the gear, but these things make he balance of power much easier. How about all the globes and 138 spell power augment on AH/SE?

    If there is too big of a power difference of named item from 1 update to the next that is within the level range of each other, the gap is created when power gamers pull away with new named/raid loot. Slowing down the power creep of items extend the shelf life of the more recent contents. This was the case with U19 when random gear came out making the giant hold epic gear almost obsolete. People were buying giant hold gear off AS only to have them all became useless in U19 with random gear being better than them. What happened if the new raid item somehow ended up being 40 base damage vs the 29 base damage on pinion? How is random generated with 20 base damage item going to close the gap to a 40 base damage raid item?

    There are ways to make named items better without giving them over the top more attack / spell power. They can give them different modifiers like vulnerability, slowing mobs down when using cold spells, maybe +15 tactics, +20 skill, incite, healing amp, etc. etc. A few nice combination will make the item more attractive without killing off all the recent gears from the last couple updates.

    On a side note: I would rather see more named armors, clothing and jewelery with stats like 15 stunning on glove, or 15 trip on boots.

    With mobs bypassing 60% fortification, maybe this is the time they look at adding in augment for 130-140%,or gear with 150%+ fortification, higher PRR, more dodge %, and incorporeal for the sake of melee. Maybe this will provide a bit variation in the current flavor of the month than the caster and range focus builds.

    Rather than power up range and caster toons, Make damage mitigation gear more easily accessible to help melee builds out.

    I am not a TR junkie. I TR when I have an end game build I want to test.
    Last edited by IBCrabin; 01-27-2014 at 07:23 PM.

  12. #112
    2014 DDO Players Council ishr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    665

    Default

    I think that rerolling a chest 3 times is within some degree of reason, however I have a few proposals.

    Each successive reroll should cost more, for example: 12 AS, 18 AS, 27 AS (50% more each time). This would generate you lots of TP at minimal anger to the player base, who would largely understand that it should cost more to reroll more times.

    Furthermore, raid chests should only be rerollable once. If someone completes a quest 5 times in U21, it would be like completing it 20 times pre-chest reroll, please give us a reason to keep coming back to raids. This is where the staying power will come from, esp with the release of the 3 new raids.

  13. #113
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post
    I think that rerolling a chest 3 times is within some degree of reason, however I have a few proposals.

    Each successive reroll should cost more, for example: 12 AS, 18 AS, 27 AS (50% more each time). This would generate you lots of TP at minimal anger to the player base, who would largely understand that it should cost more to reroll more times.

    Furthermore, raid chests should only be rerollable once. If someone completes a quest 5 times in U21, it would be like completing it 20 times pre-chest reroll, please give us a reason to keep coming back to raids. This is where the staying power will come from, esp with the release of the 3 new raids.
    Problem I see with chest re-rolls is that it allows the Programmers to lower the drop rate even lower under the guise that you have more opportunity to get named items you want from the chests.

    Raid chests should not be re-rollable. period.. I would rather see endchest drop fragments be collectible to purchase named raid items.. or use Comm's..


    and they still haven't addressed re-roll chest ransack.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-30-2014 at 07:56 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

  14. #114
    Community Member elyssaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    The patch notes do not list the Two Weapon Fighting bugfix for melee Wolf/Bear Druids. While many players want the bug to be wai because of increased dmg (mostly them who splashed Monk or Fighter), those Druids who didn't take the TWF feats still suffer from to-hit and dmg penalties while having eg. two scimitars equipped but fight in Animal Form. Especially with the new Eldritch Knight enhancement tree, there are more possibilities to build a melee Druid now who also needs various Spell Powers which are mainly found on Weapons, currently there are no random Shields or Light/Medium Armors for melee Casters. So the way to go actually is to equip a Robe and a Thaumaturgy Quarterstaff.

    Furthermore the standard Animal attack is always the same one - but its attack speed varies depending on what kind of weapon is equipped. With Twohanders like Quarterstaffs attack speed is slower than with Wraps or S&B. But shouldn't the attack speed in Animal Form always be the same regardless of what weapon set is equipped?

    I, and hopefully many others, would appreciate it when this is addressed in Update 21 too. Thank you.
    To me it would be such idiotic move to "fix" Two Weapon Fighting "bug" as you mention. Since it actually gives a wolf/bear a reason to not always have to use a sword/board configuration. Otherwise you are more or less commited to use a shield as a melee druid..whereas DDO has always been a game where you have an option to choose your personal preference. To me it's not even a bug, it something that should have been there from the beginning.

    I mean it's not like you see people complaining about "overpowered" melee druids Melee in general is weak, a fighter kensei with dual mourns are a way better powerhouse then a melee druid with or without the twf feats. There are other classes that are in need of "bug" fixes that you call them like *harkle harkle* Monkchers *harkle harkle*

    /E
    Last edited by elyssaria; 01-29-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    Cannith - Characters: Khierra - Former The Dominator (U7) (TR 12Mnk/7rog/1ftr) now becoming 13 Rogue/6 Monk/ 1 Druid Staff Orc # Tisseltass - The Prodigy (10rgr/2rog/1mnk) # Smallpoxx (14 pure shintao monk, healing amp) # Azatooth (12ftr/5rog/1mnk) # Eleona (15fvs/2mnk) # Heliga Birgitta (7cleric/3monk, Healing Amp)

  15. #115
    Hero Propane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

    Targets stunned by Soundburst are now considered helpless.

    This has me intrigued.

    .
    I hope the Shout and Greater Shout get some love as well!

    Shout - save at -2 or consider helpless 10 sec
    Greater Shout - save at -4 or consider helpless 15 sec

    or something...

    Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

  16. #116
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    503

    Default

    The QP nerf is a pretty bad idea. I have a QP monk and yes, things die almost every time from QP, even EE Stormhorns. It is a good character, I am not complaining.

    However... Nerfing QP, and supposedly other death effects (that's what the patch notes suggest) is pretty ridiculous when none of the fotm builds rely on death effects, and for good reason. Fighter multiclass blitzers, furyshot archers, shiradi wizards all steamroll through trash more effectively than a QPer, or a necro wizard, or an assassin.

    The fear of instakills that started in U9 has always been an exaggeration, but right now it is really pointless. Death effects by no means dominate the game, and none of them need any nerfs at all.

    The suggested system for QP (keep failing and stacking a bonus until you succeed) is pointless when I can just stunning fist the mob and it will die from melee damage before I can QP it 3 times. The whole point of QP is to instantly kill, it costs way too much ki to spam multiple times per enemy. It would need to cost something like 10 ki for this system to be viable and I would still prefer the current system.

    The person who invented this system probably doesn't play the game much and doesn't see how quickly some builds blow up trash without relying on instakills.

    Another thing: the intolerant blows change. I kind of like it, but I would prefer if it wasn't a sacred bonus, but a different type... It is already bad that paladins have a 75% and a 100% threat increase ability in the same tree which don't stack with each other (I am assuming the 50% one stacks - but maybe it doesn't either), but even worse that the ED ability doesn't stack either... When it was 1000% it didn't matter as much. Or am I wrong, and these abilities stack?
    Last edited by svinja; 02-02-2014 at 12:42 PM.

  17. #117
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elyssaria View Post
    To me it would be such idiotic move to "fix" Two Weapon Fighting "bug" as you mention. Since it actually gives a wolf/bear a reason to not always have to use a sword/board configuration. Otherwise you are more or less commited to use a shield as a melee druid..whereas DDO has always been a game where you have an option to choose your personal preference. To me it's not even a bug, it something that should have been there from the beginning.
    Actually I feel limited in my personal preference right now. Because you have to take the TWF feat line if you do not want to suffer attack and damage penalties, even in Animal form (where it normally should not be valid). As melee Druid with Wizard EK splash it limits me on using S&B or a twohanded weapon. But for all the magical attacks two scepters or clubs or whatever would be better because of their properties. Mind that these weapons normally do not do any extra damage or have properties that could proc, they only push Spell Power, Spell Crit or DC, and so on. The Animal Form attack is a special attack that should not be influenced by TWF feats. Otherwise THF feats should be made working in Animal Form too. And Shield feats of course, because I also can block in Animal Form.

    Or put some similar Enhancements in the NW Tree to grant more variety. And make these enhancements Str or Wis based. But leaving a melee feat line that requires Dex working in Animal Form should be fixed. The sooner, the better.

  18. #118
    Community Member Shadow_Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Assassinate is on the nerf list right after quivering palm.
    Yea, maybe they will get around to it sooner than other bugs or overpowered builds..... Because we all know melee OPness is what's causing the imbalance in the game right?
    The Shadow Assassin ~ Hsoftl ~ 16th life Halfling Assassin

    Do you even sneak bro?

    "Death on Call"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload