Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    Are you the guy running with all the monks on our server? I haven´t seen a single QP monk (besides my own) for like 4 months.

Oh man I dont know about you, but i will be bored to tears playing with shiradi and monkchers only. No worries Monkchers will be nerfed once enough ppl have rolled them, why did you think we got the raiders box -- no such thing as a free lunch.
    He is. He hoards them and makes them run in front of him to kill stuff for him. In other news looks like I'm rerolling my monk again. :P
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

Quote Originally Posted by NytCrawlr View Post
    rest is gravy.
    While I do occasionally enjoy a nice meal of biscuits and gravy, I am not actually comprised of gravy. I'll have to eat a lot more of it for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I'm still not sure how that's gonna happen. Again, the tears will be delicious when it happens.
    A similar mechanic to doubleshot, maybe? Or just have them share a cooldown?

Oh well, just another toon shelved because of heavy-handed nerfs. After grinding the gear and generally going through the trouble of making a high qp dc monk it seems as if going from relative usefulness to totally useless is a bit harsh. Gonna cry so much I'll drown teh troll in mah tears.

None of these changes really seem that awesome to me and seem to be mostly catering to the forumites instead of the people who actually play the game. Good luck with your game turbine, stay fresh.
    'Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about.
    And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have.'
    Omnipresence, Ghallanda
    - Xaositect, Thakorian, Vhaerite, Hexmetal, Praxarian, Aoskar -

Quote Originally Posted by thakorian View Post
    Gonna cry so much I'll drown teh troll in mah tears.
    I really need more signature space . . .

Quote Originally Posted by thakorian View Post
    None of these changes really seem that awesome to me and seem to be mostly catering to the forumites instead of the people who actually play the game. Good luck with your game turbine, stay fresh.
    Many of us forumites actually play the game.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

wow at that bug fix list! awesome!

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

Disappointed to see nothing about any fix for the many still oustanding handwrap bugs.

- Fury of the Wild Adrenaline Overload not granting +threat to handwraps
    - Priimal Avatar Summer Smoke wiping certain damage effects, including red augments, from friend and ally handwraps alike. Have to re-equip to get them back. Very annoying when moving in and out of the aura.
    - Fury of the Wild Tunnel Visiion also wiping effects in the same way Summer Smoke does, but with this one its every time you get a new rage
    - Legendary Dreadnaught having its descriptions rewritten for many things to exclude unarmed rather then fixing the bugs. Why must handwrap users get a lesser version of this ED than other weapon users.
    - Why are handwraps still being excluded from many enhancemts on the rather banel excuse that they are not a weapon. Melee enhancements shouldn't care. Melee should be melee however it is done.

Just some of the bugs I remeber having subnitted since MOTU came out.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Release Notes and Known Issues have been updated!
    The QP changes are Fail. Epic Fail. You are removing something like 21-29 DC off the ability for any Epic Monk, race and items pending. Whoever thought a +4 bonus with a 3 min timer would make up for that should be fired from any game play responsibilities. It would take so long, and so much Ki, to even approach the numbers needed in epic play its simply not worth hitting the button.... which is the exact reason it was changed in the first place. This is not acceptable; its not just going to lower it by 10. Why don't you guys even know what DC you should be aiming for, sigh.

If you want to lower it, consider removing Sunder, but keeping Combat Mastery and general Tactics modifiers. Sunder has nothing to do with QP anyhow and probably never should have. But +Tactics (from Legendary Dreadnought, Combat Mastery, Racial Enhancements, etc) should apply to all combat moves. Including Assassinate.

Pulling 10 off QP probably still leaves it worthless without several fails adding +4-8 back on, but at least it might still be playable. And adding in Tactics to Assassinate gives that ability some much needed assistance. And it lands QP right near where Necro DCs are... a bit higher to start, bit lower after necro debuffs and lacking any area kill options. And that sounds fair to everyone.

Also, while I'm posting... why the change to Teleporting to House C Crafting? I assume because its more flavorful than K.... but its also Laggy-er and has no Airship Dock outside. Which makes it really, really, really inconvenient.

Can we please get an Airship Dock in House C? Since, you know, they build them? If youre going to make changes for flavors sake, at least follow through the full 9 yards instead of just making it harder to travel around.

This is a pretty huge quivering palm dc change. Too big to be honest. You lose the sundering items, tactics item, tactics enhancement (racial and fighter), tactics destiny (LD twist and GMOF bonus). This is like an over 30 dc change or something like that. I immensely dislike the concept of the +4 for every quivering palm missed. What kind of play are you rewarding with this +4 to the miss - the people that aimless push button after button? Take that +4 out. If anything if you want you could have the monk do a move which costs ki and takes time to do in order to apply a +15 or +20 or some such thing to their quivering palm dc. I am not a fan of rewarding the stupid who continually push the same button over and over, but prefer rewarding an action instead.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by LavidDynch View Post
    Are you the guy running with all the monks on our server? I haven´t seen a single QP monk (besides my own) for like 4 months.

Oh man I dont know about you, but i will be bored to tears playing with shiradi and monkchers only. No worries Monkchers will be nerfed once enough ppl have rolled them, why did you think we got the raiders box -- no such thing as a free lunch.
    I am kind of surprised that I do not see you say Pale Masters. An extremely well played pale master is better then either of those builds right now. They kill far quicker right now then either of those of course it takes more skill to play a palemaster at that level then a shiradi or monkcher so perhaps that is the stumbling block for you all.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I am kind of surprised that I do not see you say Pale Masters. An extremely well played pale master is better then either of those builds right now. They kill far quicker right now then either of those of course it takes more skill to play a palemaster at that level then a shiradi or monkcher so perhaps that is the stumbling block for you all.
    Calm down, we don't want Turbine to sack all builds that would require some work before they function.

J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

I think they should remove all those bonuses for all monk abilities. Nothing should work if it won't work for QP the only thing that affects them should be wisdom plus monk levels.

Make it so, more rash decisions must be taken.

Bahahahahahahaha! ha..

whimpers and cries....

Just because there are bigger easy-buttons (see below) doesn't make 75-80 DC QP builds any less retarded.

And yes, I have run with them.

It's a PITA to 80 DC qp. You have to do some silly things (great wis feats) and grind challenge wraps to get there.

My main is a QP monk and at 75 with completionist, +5 tome, +6 tactics, 3 FTR pastlives, twist, EE shadowsight, max wis, etc..

75 is only 66% on EE stormhorn trash give or take.

They should raise the CD OR up the ki cost. Then they should apply sunder to rogues. Kbai.
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

This nerf was needed, I'm sorry QP DCs 10+ a maxed PM was retarded.

Hopefully this is the first of many monks nerfs, I literally have wood right now. Move the crit multiplier from Earth to Fire and I won't be able to close my eyelids do to lack of skin,
    It was way OP from the start. Never added sundering to my monk....knew it was going to be changed. Rangers were nerf'd....Monks were only reset.

make Stunning Blow same DC and cooldown as Stunning Fist . Why different cooldowns and different DC?

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbqzor View Post
    The QP changes are Fail. Epic Fail. You are removing something like 21-29 DC off the ability for any Epic Monk, race and items pending.
    So you are saying that is was perfectly fine for Monks (even worse, monks splashes) to be able to get to an 80dc on their QP?
    Njerfing them 30dc seems to end with a more realistic number. I, for one, applaud Turbine on smacking the Monk class with the Nerf bat!

Now to address the 6 level OP monk splashes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    It's a PITA to 80 DC qp. You have to do some silly things (great wis feats) and grind challenge wraps to get there.

My main is a QP monk and at 75 with completionist, +5 tome, +6 tactics, 3 FTR pastlives, twist, EE shadowsight, max wis, etc..

75 is only 66% on EE stormhorn trash give or take.

They should raise the CD OR up the ki cost. Then they should apply sunder to rogues. Kbai.
    And you dont think thats OP? I bet some PM's would like a 75 DC...

I can't even say this was a nerf . . . it was a roll-back of an incredibly insane idea that got railroaded in the ENH pass at the last second.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderone View Post
    And you dont think thats OP? I bet some PM's would like a 75 DC...
    No, I think PMs should get a buff.

ESPECIALLY since level cap is going up more.

More important is rogues getting a buff.

Also, the DC is not OP. The COOLDOWN is OP.
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Community Member

nice updates and really thanks for the monk QP fix.. it was about time. its annoying to see monks having better dc's than the actual dc casters including rogue assassins.. so again, big thanks for this.

Loulani (17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer): a healer who cc's (70 Evocation DC) and does traps (110 Disable Device, 107 Search)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast