So, tell me if I'm wrong here. But I'm getting the feeling that Turbine is making a concerted effort to try and improve things with the community.
(1) they spent the last couple of years running heavy passes over many systems...actually looks like they zerged it pretty effectively and it definitely felt like they were ripping bandaids off quickly if you get the analogy
(2) total revamp of their internal development process (Mournlands scrapped, Alpha preview on Lama, player voting re: future projects, Player's Council etc...)
(3) grumpy/lame producers/devs replaced with more upbeat and talkative staff
(4) less oppression in forum moderation (I'm kinda an expert on this so trust me)
(5) MajMal seems like a mover and a shaker now. He's always been popular with us. Perhaps he was recognized and rewarded accordingly?
(6) They are looking for DDO Streamers now. This kinda raised my eyebrows a bit this morning.
(7) A Study in Sable and the new Ed Greenwood narrated quest due with next update has distinctive PnP feel I have not seen in a very long time. Feels like they have a mandate to reconnect with the spiritual origins of this IP and I suspect someone pretty passionate about PnP is pushing future development in a new direction...a direction that should resonate with the hardcore VIP subscriber profile.
I don't want to get anyone excited prematurely. At this point I'm only willing to suggest that their may be some tangible momentum happening.
tl;dr version - don't be surprised if ladder bug is fixed next update