Community Member

Default Simply walk into Eveningstar?

The DDO Wiki is unclear on something. I'd like to update it.

To get from Stormreach to Eveningstar for the first time, run the quest Beyond the Rift. After getting 125 Purple Dragon Knights favor, you get the Key to the City and can just teleport to Eveningstar.

What about between those two events, or your Key is on cooldown? How do you get back to Eveningstar?

Similary, I know you can get from Eveningstar Cavern portal to your Guild ship. But what if you don't have a Guild ship?

One other thing: you can be Level 12 to get to Eveningstar, but the lowest quests or challenges are Level 15. Is there any reason to go there if you're 12-14th level?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Once you have completed beyond the rift you can go to the quest entrance and choose to either run the quest again or go to the Eveningstar cavern. You get a similar choice if you try to enter from the Eveningstar side.

One does not simply walk into Eveningstar...
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Community Member

To gain the acces to the Eveninstar you have to run Lords of Dust, Servants, Spinner and Beyond the Rift.

After that you can go to the Spinner's prison from harbor, than to the Eveningstar cavern (taking the same portal as for Beyond the rift) and then finally to Eveningstar.

Unfortunately no simple walk :P

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    To gain the acces to the Eveninstar you have to run Lords of Dust, Servants, Spinner and Beyond the Rift.
    The "Hall of Heroes Passport" option (free to VIPs, 795 TPs otherwise) lets you use the "Transport to Eberron / Forgotten Realms" button on the character select screen to teleport yourself to the Hall of Heroes in the Marketplace / Eveningstar, respectively, even if you haven't done the Web of Chaos quests.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The "Hall of Heroes Passport" option (free to VIPs, 795 TPs otherwise) lets you use the "Transport to Eberron / Forgotten Realms" button on the character select screen to teleport yourself to the Hall of Heroes in the Marketplace / Eveningstar, respectively, even if you haven't done the Web of Chaos quests.
    But you have to be logged out to use it.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    One does not simply walk into Eveningstar...
    ...they have to go to the harbor, finish the spinner quest, go through the dreamweb quest, then through the eveningstar caverns - Then finally, they can get to eveningstar buuuuuuuuuut they still need to level requirement to even achieve such a task!

Frodo: I'll go!

Gandalf: -.- I'm too old for these quests.

Quote Originally Posted by TanisSutton View Post
    ...they have to go to the harbor, finish the spinner quest, go through the dreamweb quest, then through the eveningstar caverns - Then finally, they can get to eveningstar buuuuuuuuuut they still need to level requirement to even achieve such a task!

Frodo: I'll go!

Gandalf: -.- I'm too old for these quests.
    Sam: We could get your eagle buddies to fly the ring there and win the war in a few hours.

Gandalf: Stupid Sam! Shut up or I will turn you into a spotted toad and fill the garden full of grass-snakes!
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

The other option is to have a "Key to Eveningstar". First you need to have 125 PDK favor, the key recharges every 30 minutes. Just click the key and you appear at the Poisoned Well, in the middle of town. The level 15 part is due to Iconic characters (3 out of 4) starting in ES.

Bind yourself to the Eveningstar Tavern and take the death train until you get 125 favor.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    The other option is to have a "Key to Eveningstar". First you need to have 125 PDK favor, the key recharges every 30 minutes. Just click the key and you appear at the Poisoned Well, in the middle of town. The level 15 part is due to Iconic characters (3 out of 4) starting in ES.
    Quote Originally Posted by OP
    After getting 125 Purple Dragon Knights favor, you get the Key to the City and can just teleport to Eveningstar.
    Hrmmm

Quote Originally Posted by shawnvw View Post
    One other thing: you can be Level 12 to get to Eveningstar, but the lowest quests or challenges are Level 15. Is there any reason to go there if you're 12-14th level?

The challenges

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

E-star challenges require min char lvl 15, IIRC. You should be able to run the Shadow quests at lvl 12, though, and the Wheloon quests at lvl 13.

The DDO Wiki is unclear on something. I'd like to update it.

To get from Stormreach to Eveningstar for the first time, run the quest Beyond the Rift. After getting 125 Purple Dragon Knights favor, you get the Key to the City and can just teleport to Eveningstar.

What about between those two events, or your Key is on cooldown? How do you get back to Eveningstar?

Similary, I know you can get from Eveningstar Cavern portal to your Guild ship. But what if you don't have a Guild ship?

I personnally see no reason to wander in Estar before 17 (the wheloon prequel) but that maybe just me. I use the key, and as the 3 quests can be done on the same ship buffs I run them then don't come back until beyond the rift is done.

But the death train idea is the more 'practical' idea if key is on timer
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

The necro is strong in this one

Community Member

When the Riza games return you can go there at level 1 to go ice skating.