Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/earthquake.htm

The snow queen returns, and at least for a long time, this is Fawn's final build...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Notice the lack of monk splash...lol Fawn would giggle if someone told her she needed evasion for EE...
    She understands Magistar well enough...its power and protection
    and all the wasted space, space that could have contained anything, anything at all...

Are Sigils and Pets and blank space any worse than warpriest stuff?
    I wonder?

Default Earthquake

Hey, if Earthquake is a level 8th spell for Clerics, why wasn't added to their spellbook upon release of the Druid class?

Turbine...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Count the Holes...

Arcane Sphere:

4, 3, and 3 holes respectively:

Divine Sphere:

6 and 5 holes respectively and missing an epic destiny and considered less powerful than any other sphere

Martial Sphere:

5, 4, and 4 holes respectively

Primal Sphere:

6, 4, 4 holes respectively

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Arcane Sphere:

4, 3, and 3 holes respectively:

Divine Sphere:

6 and 5 holes respectively and missing an epic destiny and considered less powerful than any other sphere

Martial Sphere:

5, 4, and 4 holes respectively

Primal Sphere:

6, 4, 4 holes respectively

Silver, what are you getting at by posting the destiny trees? Is it because those holes could be "filled" with something?
    Although your 100% right about the Divine Sphere being less powerful than the others.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by bennyson View Post
    Silver, what are you getting at by posting the destiny trees? Is it because those holes could be "filled" with something?
    Although your 100% right about the Divine Sphere being less powerful than the others.
    Which sphere has the least amount of holes in it?
    Which sphere comes out on top no matter which enhancement pass, update, change occurs inside the game?
    Which sphere has from day one been considered the most powerful in D&D first edition?

Which sphere continues to suffer neglect in DDO?
    Which sphere do the Devs seriously need to sit down and discuss their subconscious attitude towards?
    Which sphere do the players have to constantly press the Devs to improve?

Epic Destiny level 10 is coming, sure as shooting, let us fill these holes when it does with quality additions.
    Don't rush thing that might not be changed lately.
    Be proud of what you have done, know you can pull it off.
    Be brilliant, be smart, be bold.

Hero

Which sphere has the least amount of holes in it?
    Which sphere comes out on top no matter which enhancement pass, update, change occurs inside the game?
    Which sphere has from day one been considered the most powerful in D&D first edition?

Which sphere continues to suffer neglect in DDO?
    Which sphere do the Devs seriously need to sit down and discuss their subconscious attitude towards?
    Which sphere do the players have to constantly press the Devs to improve?

Epic Destiny level 10 is coming, sure as shooting, let us fill these holes when it does with quality additions.
    Don't rush thing that might not be changed lately.
    Be proud of what you have done, know you can pull it off.
    Be brilliant, be smart, be bold.
    Don't you think this would be better served in a new thread instead of polluting the Divine Destiny one with general comments about all of them? Or is this a case of you hoping to get better visibility of it, even if completely off topic, since a Developer created this thread?

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Unfortunately, if we only talk about the divine sphere without looking at the rest,
    we have no perspective on the subject.

If Magistar was terrible and offered no DC advantage, then what would be the point
    of protesting that Exalted Angel has no DC or Spell Pen boosts?

What would be the point of worrying about how terrible the dps of unyielding sentinel if
    legendary dreadnought was just as bad?

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Equality for the Spheres!!!

But you are right, maybe more people would look at this thread and post interesting ideas if I let Furret run loose...

Thanks everyone for all the posts, some great ideas here!!
    Appreciate it, cause I like playing divines...

Default Great Smiting! Epic Divine Might!

Hey, Devs, maybe you could add a couple new abilities to Unyielding Sentinel that upgrades the Smite Evil and Exalted Smite to do x2 times the damage?

Also, how about another ability that upgrades the current Divine Might? If your not going to recode the current Divine Might at LEAST add a new ability in Unyielding Sentinel that "improves" it, allowing characters with a Divine Might buff to do further damage.

Also, please put these in a "reasonable" tier in the range of Twists of Fate.

Community Member

Thank you so much for the update!!
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 01-29-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Community Member

I hope this new epic destiny going to be good and I hope you guys don't mess up with exalted angel.

Exalted angel should be just like draconic destiny. Lets look at just what draconic offers. DC boost, spell penetration, defensive abilities and offensive casting. Now, Exalted Angel.. Why not give this destiny a DC boost, spell pen and max caster level when casting fire, light, force spells. You know, many people play casters. What is wrong with all that hybrid divines. Why divines can cast offensive spells anyways, all of their offensive spells have limit of level 5, 10 and 15 max caster level.

Perhaps, you guys add that to new divine destiny.

I just.. Don't think people would be happy with another divine hybrid.. Ahh..
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 01-29-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    It sounds like...

1) They wanted to do a melee tree, so they're still going to
    2) They don't want bother fixing under-powered existing EDs, so they're not going to
    3) We complained about under-powered existing EDs, so they're going to make some token changes to shut us up
    4) We said we wanted DCs, so they're going to randomly throw a token DC boost into the melee tree to shut us up
    5) We said that a caster tree was more needed than yet another melee tree, so they decided to call the new melee tree a "hybrid" to shut us up

Am I wrong?

Is the main issue development time? If so, my suggestion:

1) Don't waste anyone's time with an unattractive mishmish ED
    2) Table the new ED entirely for now, until you actually have the resources to do it right
    3) Spend the resources you were going to use developing a new ED for fixing the existing EDs

And, as was said in the other thread, there's already several good melee EDs out there, but no good divine caster ED out there at all.
    Yup, you got it 100% right there!! I'm kinda tired now. I already said this to turbine, they have to separate divine destinies. Make a destiny clear.. Just like magister and Draconic.. DC vs DPS. "Melee and caster" in divine case... Turbine didn't listen. They made Exalted angel hybrid. They going to make new destiny another hybrid.. It's not about we want DC boost so, just randomly add it to new upcoming destiny. We want an actual destiny where we can feel comfort and stay there, for benefit.. Who would leave Shiradi or Fury for example... Another good question would be who is currently using exalted / undying for their main destiny.. But, it's all too late now. We just have to wait until they finish with warpriest like destiny tree. I wish turbine best of good luck.
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 01-29-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Default You See?

See? Like I said in the old thread like EVERYBODY else who was SAYING Turbine, tweak and rework Exalted Angel into the "divine" twin of Draconic Incarnation.

Give it more SLAs

Give it a minor DC boost, similar to what Draconic offers

Give it an extra boost to Fire, Force, and Light spellpower (this puts it more aline to Angel of Vengeance, which you could add more for SLAs too than just those capstones!)

Give it a bonus to spell pen

Then

Transform Unyielding Sentinel into the Offensive Divine Melee Destiny (think of the gods Helm and Dol Darn in Eberron and Forgotten Realms lore, they are Divines that fight their enemies up close and personal with weapons and devastating melee attacks!)

Make the new Divine destiny a heavy DC booster, similar to Magister, to help out those Divine Casters with their spell DCs! (think of Mystra, she is the GODDESS of MAGIC.)

If a Divine Melee needs a destiny that can sharpen their attacks, they can use Unyielding Sentinel

If a Divine Caster needs a destiny that can boost their offensive spells or increase their DCs, they can use either Exalted Angel or the new Divine destiny (by the way, what the heck is the name of this new destiny?)

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Will try to get screenshots and a copy of the abilities when I can and post them in this thread.

Will try to get screenshots and a copy of the abilities when I can and post them in this thread.
    Oh? Didn't you just post a massive off-topic thing about the destines?

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5241343
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5241344

Screenshots of every ability are linked where posted on the new thread

I don't know, personally I love Unyielding Sentinel and it's shield-blocking goodness.

Mind you, it only works for my very specific cleric build where I boost PRR and DR then shield block in the middle of combat, alternating bursts and mass heals while letting the aura tick. It's a rather brilliant dedicated healer ED in my opinion, though it was obviously intended for sword and board paladin tanks.

Mind you, it's not really relevant at end-game anymore, since dedicated healing seems to be a thing of the past; raids are rarely run, and EE builds tend to either be self sufficient or so squishy that healing them is a moot point. That seems more like an end-game raiding issue, though; when and if playing a healbot becomes a realistic method of support again, US is a pretty great destiny to make it happen. I really loved it for the first little while of its release.
    Cannith

Gothiscandza
    Shyalas - Granma - Ralix - Chyalas

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910