Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by lokomski View Post
    DDO and LotRO are great concepts of appearance and interaction (when the system works for is brief moments). Technical difficulties haven't been overcome for years. Quantity of quick fix has been piled on so much to clear symptoms of problems the actual causes have been lost in a spaghetti network of code for a long time now. We still get memory leaks eventually crashing a client; leaks I see just by playing that happen from improper destruction of objects when they are no longer needed by a user. I do believe if developers could solve their problems they would. Believing that leads me to conclude troubles cannot be fixed. Wondering how that is possible provides an answer. Developers cannot find the causes of problems. There will be no pulling it together for DDO or LotRO. Turbine developers will have to do that from a fresh start on a new project.
    Perfectly aware of that. What I meant is that we've got a second restart today because somebody didn't do his job properly and loaded in something that's clearly not ready.
    Silvercypher - Ahril - Silverslash
    Ghallanda

The worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Azithoth View Post
    you're correct. i laugh every time i'm in korthos and the only people that are there are TR's and new toons of old players. F it, not like we need new players or anything.
    Just look back at all the players who left the game, it's much wiser to fix our problems and bring back old players rather than trying to get new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by tpmnec View Post
    While I recognize the need for changes, repairs, maintenance and what-not, a 15 minute advance notification is not respectful to the players. We had a full part in VON5 on Orien and were close to the end. There was no way for us to finish within the 15 minute time frame and the 30 or 40 minutes we had spent in quest was now wasted. If more time had been given, then the party surely would have completed the quest. Sadly, nothing will be done for those that lost out on a significant amount of experience and who wasted all that time in game. The XP pots burning will not be replenished. DDO will not compensate the party with pro-rated xp, or add anything to the inventory for the inconvenience. It's a damn shame that DDO feels that it's not a problem to screw players like that. The decision to bring down the servers on a 15 minute advance notice is disgraceful.
    I assume it was EE as 45-55 minutes on EH is ample time to finish it

Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    Just look back at all the players who left the game, it's much wiser to fix our problems and bring back old players rather than trying to get new ones.
    lol, my friends list is saying that strategy isn't working....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    I assume it was EE as 45-55 minutes on EH is ample time to finish it
    have to agree to this, EH von5+6 can be done in less then half an hour. sure 15 min isnt a good time, but you either had enough time to finish at that point, or werent in far enough and thus trying again after world came up shouldnt be a big deal.

as for the 2nd downtime. It was to fix the house k fuzzlets and ice that wasnt supposed to be there, and was causing people to crash.

Default Relationships :D

Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    Tried that with my ex. It ended poorly.
    The only difference between a weed and a flower is survival skill - Joseph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12