Community Member

Default Firestorm - Shiradi Glass Cannon

This build was mainly made as PL build for fast leveling and fast commendation/saga farming, so its not really suited for soloing ee content, even though it is decent in ee groups. Its easy to build and to gear (except a +3 con tome for epic toughness, but could get around this with more con/level ups) and doesnt rely much on past lives, although sorc past lives help in heroic levels.

race: warforged (for easy self-repair)

class split: 18 sorc / 2 fvs (max dps, no saves, no evasion), fvs levels at 19 and 20

stats: max cha, 18 con, 14 int (for spellcraft, conc, umd, repair), remaining points in str or dex, level ups in cha

feats: Maximize, Empower, Quicken, Tougness, Mental Toughness, Improved Mental Toughness, 1 free (evo focus, wiz PL, or dodge), Epic Toughness, Epic Mental Toughness, force+fire spellpower

enhancements: Air savant tier 5 (wings+knockdown immunity, more sonic damage), Fire Savant tier 4 (fire damage+crits, immolation), Angel of Vengeance tier 2 (crits+scourge+just rewards)

spells: Magic Missiles, Chain Missiles, Force Missiles, Scorching Ray, Delayed Blast Fireball, Meteor Shower, Sonic Blast, Greater Shout, Eladars Electric Surge

destinies: Shiradi double rainbow, in the weeds, tea with the queen, healing spring (for party)

twists: Draconic Burst (fire), +6 reflex/3 dodge from Magister,

gear: Sages Spectacles (134 fire spellpower, 18% fire crit, 9 int), sages ring (8 cha, 92 potency), Sages Necklace (+5 evo, +15 spellcraft.. actually not really needed), an impulse+kinetic lore stick, lots of hp, max dodge, treads for ghostly, everything else is gravy.

Its not a perfect ee solo build, but easy to level and gear, and a good contribution in any group. With wings, knockdown immunity, and the tumble through enemies twist, this build is hard to corner and fun to play, it never runs out of spellpoints, plus the damage is of course shiradi sorc level.
    Last edited by Makkuroi; 01-16-2014 at 04:13 AM.
    Zeugen der Dreizehn, Thelanis:
    Makkuroi, chain TR: currently drow pure caster warlock
    PLs: Completionist; 3xWiz, Sor; 2x Pal, Brd, Monk EPLs: 3x CotQ,Brc,DS,EW,EC 1xFH,PLD ; IPLs: 2x BF; 3x PDK, SDK

Played a very similar build when testing out more powerful builds than 18/2 (2 Pally levels) - it's fun and nearly un-killable simply because nothing can hit you (and if they do you can wing away from them). Very solid build for someone not used to kiting (because of wings/KD immunity) and it starts you on the path to unlimited blue bar, bu with MS/DBFB/FB, it's hardly unlimited with this build.

A couple of things to note:

18/2 Pally is more survivable, but does less damage.

16/2/2 (Fvs/Pally) is more survivable due to the saves you get from the Pally Levels. You lose KD immunity and the ability to cast Meteor Swarm

14/4/2 is less forgiving (no wings or KD immunity), but out-performs 18/2 and 16/2/2 in terms of sustained damage output (Burst DPS is down due to lack of Meteor Swarm)

Overall good looking build - my thoughts on your build in particular:

Use the "free" feat you have listed for heighten if you're casting Lightning spells or Extend for buffs

Ice Storm/Solid fog makes great CC

As you already mentioned - not a perfect EE solo build, but it is solid and will heavily contribute in a group. You should be able to solo most EE content, but will likely start having trouble after Gianthold (Wheloon/Storm Horns).
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Community Member

I used wiz PL as free feat, even though extend looks attractive. Maybe Ill take extend at 27.

I actually used heighten during leveling (when I was using electric loop and lightning SLA) but swapped it out for toughness at 20 since I dont even have chain lightning slotted anymore. With DBF (less attractive spells at 7), meteor swarm, and draconic burst, there is enough nuking in the build, draconic is of course more efficient but sometimes you just need a bit more burst damage.

Icestorm is worth testing, currently im using firewall/fireshield/ddoor/force missiles at lvl 4, could swap out firewall I guess. Cold damage will be on the low side but extra cc is probably a good idea.

Wings work with 5 sorc levels and clvl 12, you just have to spend a lot of points in the tree which will be missing in the AoV or fire tree. Since I dont have too many points in AoV (11 or so), I have enough points for wings and 8% crit chance from fire.

Knockdown immunity is very important for a build with low saves, since it allows you to recon right after a cometfall instead of getting killed in the next 3 seconds.
    PLs: Completionist; 3xWiz, Sor; 2x Pal, Brd, Monk EPLs: 3x CotQ,Brc,DS,EW,EC 1xFH,PLD ; IPLs: 2x BF; 3x PDK, SDK

Quote Originally Posted by Makkuroi View Post
    I used wiz PL as free feat, even though extend looks attractive. Maybe Ill take extend at 27.
    Extend is really only for one spell - Displacement - I hate having to cast displacement every 90 seconds.

Icestorm is worth testing, currently im using firewall/fireshield/ddoor/force missiles at lvl 4, could swap out firewall I guess. Cold damage will be on the low side but extra cc is probably a good idea.
    You'll want to have Ice Storm/Solid Fog/DDoor/Force Missile for your L4 Spells. It's the combo of Ice Storm and Solid Fog that makes enemies move like molasses. Additionally, Solid Fog gives baddies a -5 penalty to reflex saves, making DBFB and DI Energy Burst that much more potent (Fewer reflex saves)

Wings work with 5 sorc levels and clvl 12, you just have to spend a lot of points in the tree which will be missing in the AoV or fire tree. Since I dont have too many points in AoV (11 or so), I have enough points for wings and 8% crit chance from fire.
    The 14/4/2 build puts no points into Air Savant, so you lose wings. - It's not about what level you are in this build, it's Enhancement point allocation (and Tier 5 Fire Savant)

Knockdown immunity is very important for a build with low saves, since it allows you to recon right after a cometfall instead of getting killed in the next 3 seconds.
    True - and it works on your build. Any Sorc build with 2 levels of Pally (18/2, 16/2/2, and 14/4/2) should be pushing mid-60s to low-70s on their saves simply due to Divine Grace.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Community Member

I Have to say something that people seem to ether forget about or just plain ignore is that even if u could dps to the point that u can Solo EE most quests that not gonna mean much when Some one comes up to you slaps Hold on you and u get beating to death. Or a few fireballs blows you to piece's.

From Experiance:

"My DPS is better than your's"

You reply "yes but your dead and im not"

I would have to say that Thesnomans build is prob one of the better ones out there (personaly went with the sorc/pala split) and if your planning to go into Sharadi getting the full effect of that destiny things like chain/force missile, Scorching ray can do alot of damage and that stops you prom having to take those high level spell. (although i will agree that Meteor Is a awesome spell)

Community Member

Well, nobody is going to slap a hold person on a warforged. The only dangerous cc effects for this char are stun, dance, and earthgrab. Immune to (cometfall) trips due to air savant, immune to command due to protection from evil.