As you can see I've been playing DDO since Jan. 2010. I've been a VIP since April 2010. I own both the MotU Collector's Edition and the SC Collector's Edition plus the SC Legendary upgrade. I love this game, and I've spent a lot of money on it, but I am cancelling my sub. Here's why, in order of personal importance.
1. SC had no raid.
2. Turbine screwed up raid timers and their solution was to give EVERYONE a raider's box. I have some toons who got 2. This killed CitW.
3. SC had worse value than MotU in terms of content. It cost more, had fewer quests, and no raid.
4. Randomly generated items are now better than Epic Elite gear and raid items. It killed loot farming and raiding.
5. Epic Elite is boring. Mobs have godly hit points and hit like gods. So we all jump around like leap frogs waiting for Manyshot cooldown to expire.
6. Turbine's philosophy on game design appears to be to propose a terrible idea then crowdsource a good idea from the players after the ensuing backlash. I'm tired of having to tell Turbine how terrible their ideas are and how to design the game. I just want to play and have fun.
I just feel like there's no reason to play anymore. There's nothing to work for. I didn't create this thread to cause drama. I really hope it will offer some constructive feedback on what it took to make a longtime player who's spent a lot of money on this game cancel his sub. If the next update improves the game, there is still a chance for me to change my mind. But if April 1st rolls around, and I haven't seen major improvement, the chances that I'll continue to play this game are virtually null.