Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Default What is/was your favorite character build to play?

Over the course of your DDO "career" what character did you enjoy playing the most? What was the race/class split? What was the character designed to be good at?

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Over the course of your DDO "career" what character did you enjoy playing the most? What was the race/class split? What was the character designed to be good at?
    MAybe my human pure arti. He did not excel at anything, but was competent at most things.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    My pure assassin has been my favorite. He used to be human and used short swords and rapiers. Since the enhancement pass he is a Halfling using daggers.

My next favorite is a tie between my pure human fighter and my crossbow using 6 arti/13 rogue/1 fighter. All 3 very different play styles.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Pure monk back before they were the cool thing
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

clonk. 2 monk, 18 cleric. caster build. GMoF. basically useless after EH s-city and pretty horrible around level 10-12 but other than that kinda fun and very survivable. tragibad build but i like it. (running one on a TR now...). one trick wonder with ein and stunning fist but basically just a healer in the harder EE epics with a positive burst and some of the new enhancement things. human for the extra feat i guess but i'm running a halfling as a TR for the extra luck saves.

oh and my halfling monk. halflings are so cute. DEATH AT KNEEHEIGHT
    Last edited by MeliCat; 01-14-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

A bit of a tie between my first-life and my current.

Started off as a drow wizard 7ish years ago. Went evoker spec archmage and just had fun.

16 TRs later, she's a morninglord PM walking thru EH content with barely a thought.

For blissful fun, the first life was best because I didn't know what I didn't know. Now, the PM is working wonders and questing is fun.

my main, FB pure human barbarian. built her back after Christmas 2009 and been playing her ever since. she only gets more and more powerful, but unfortunately I am focused on 1 character at a time right now. I use her to check out new content, farm for gear for my other toons, fill a spot as needed in EE or anything. love playing her.

self healing melee dps with ranged feats manyshot, imps.

Ranger 18 monk 2, back in the day.

My current project actually. A 15 Ranger/3 Paladin/2 Fighter Purple Dragon Knight. Decent saves, enough damage and self healing.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Melee Half Elf Favored Soul with fighter dile...

I loved the build so much, that I decided to gather a few past lives (3wiz, 3 sorc, 3 fighter, 3monk, 3pali and so on) to make it more powerful.

By the time I was finished, the game had changed too much, and now I completely lost the joy to play.
    I don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It can certainly hurt to be on the receiving end of a nerf

Such a tough choice.

I suppose between my Half-Orc 8 fighter, 6 monk, 6 rogue Big Stick Legendary Dreadnaught and my Half Elf cleric dilly 18 wizard, 2 monk Pale Master Grandmaster of Flowers, I'd choose the Pale Master. Lich form for melee damage, and Wraith form+displacement when I'm going to be overwhelmed with melee.

Community Member

I enjoyed my Bard life - many moons ago. 18 Bard / 2 Rogue. I was in charge of healing and trapping and buffing and CC. Didnt bother much with the DPS. Cant even remember if I was THF or TWF.

I also enjoyed my Rogue life at a time when Assassinate could hit 3 or 4 targets. Always figured that one would get fixed. If I were to currently play a Rogue I would probably go a Stick build rather than Assassinate.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Arty Party

My favorite is human arty, no question. Too many neato ways to play a human arty and it will keep my busy for a while.

My runners up are human paladin and human sorc.

Edits here:

No mixto stuff, only pure class on all 3. And yes I like extra feats.

Adding 2nd string group of half-orc arty, because my Harty rocks, Shadair-Kai, and Bladeforgered arty. My 3rd string crew is PDK, Sun Elf Cleric, and human druid. My poor human bard is fun and can hold his own in groups 2 and 3.

Human arty ~ my favorite toon to play.
    Paladin ~ hangs in necro and specializes in undead and beholders
    Sorc ~ kill everything.
    Harty ~ can shoot from the hip and swing the big ax. Casts well too.
    Shdar-Kai ~ is my assassinator and NOT a good trapper.
    PDK ~ greatsword, no glancing blows, all cleave, greater cleave, slash, sunder, etc.
    Sun Elf ~ because we can't find a healer when we really need or want one
    Druid ~ for fun and Earthquake.
    Bard ~ because at times we need to be regaled with buffs and for fun.

Bladeforged arty is my Shroud runner for now. This will be a super arty someday.
    Last edited by Livmo; 01-14-2014 at 05:10 PM.

I was a wizzy guy, but I am slowly going rogue assassin. With the changes to the mob aggro and detection mechanics, it makes being stealthy fun.

Even in groups, I utilize stealth a lot.

My all time favorite is my 18 monk 2 fighter wisdom build. But I really love my jug monkcher and druid.
    Boldor of Renowned

Community Member

Elf wizard 15 / rogue 5. Playing in a static group, my roles were traps, buffs, AoE's and CC for the fighters to fight in, and secondary combatant with TWF... no standout abilities, but the wide range of roles made him a very interesting character to play.

An honorable mention also goes to my WF Arti, using Bastard Swords rather than Repeaters.

My first life human arty was soooo much fun I decided to turn my super luck best toon into a power house Human Arty and I am in the process of that TR project into a pure Human Arty.

In order to get a Bard past life I went 17B/2F/1C HOrc Bard and I am having soo much fun with that build that I taking that build to 28 and then doing an Epic/Heroic TR.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Really had a lot more fun capping my bladeforged 17pal/2ftr/1sorc than I thought I would. I built it as a throwaway to try out iconics, and just had a blast playing it. Just starter gear for the most part.

Had a blast playing my HO 12rog/6monk/2ftr acrobat-stick build. Just TR'd him into the monk version of this.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

My main, a STR based half-orc melee cleric. 17 cleric / 2 fighter / 1 wiz.

Stunning blow, great melee damage, some offensive non-DC spells like blade barrier, aura gives regening redbar, great buffs.

Not the uberest of builds, but he's basically a kensei fighter and party healer all in one.

And all the *** comments from people that see a half-orc cleric are priceless.

Click the banner above to get to my DDO youtube channel

I loved all of my main's PM Wizard lives. Am wrapping up my completionist lives so it will be so fun (I hope) to get back to being a Wizard. For me, magic is one of the greatest aspects of D&D. I love the diversity of Wizards and the fun of Necromany spells.

If I ever find myself losing interest in Wizard, then the two other classes I have had the most fun in are Monk and Favored Soul.

(My least favorites: Rogue and Druid)
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast