Default Madstone rage = raged?

Does anyone know if the madstone rage effect grants the same enhancement bonuses as barbarian rage does to a barbarian?

namely, does a barbarian benefit from the rage reliant tier 5s while under madstone rage? (without raging at the time of course)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    Does anyone know if the madstone rage effect grants the same enhancement bonuses as barbarian rage does to a barbarian?

namely, does a barbarian benefit from the rage reliant tier 5s while under madstone rage? (without raging at the time of course)
    Madstone Rage used to stack with Barbarian Rage before Enhancement Pass. Can't say for sure that it still does, but I don't see a reason why not. Also, I didn't hear of any barbarians raging about rages not stacking lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    Madstone Rage used to stack with Barbarian Rage before Enhancement Pass. Can't say for sure that it still does, but I don't see a reason why not. Also, I didn't hear of any barbarians raging about rages not stacking lol.
    thanks for the reply, but that wasn't what I was getting at... forgive me if I wasn't clear

I'm not concerned about them stacking or not, I was wondering if the barbarian enhancements that require you to be raged work while under madstone rage.

in other words, does madstone rage count as raged for barbarians.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    thanks for the reply, but that wasn't what I was getting at... forgive me if I wasn't clear

I'm not concerned about them stacking or not, I was wondering if the barbarian enhancements that require you to be raged work while under madstone rage.

in other words, does madstone rage count as raged for barbarians.
    Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you.
    I'm unable to give definite answer to this one since I haven't played a barbarian in ages, but some Fury of the Wild abilities that require you to be raged do work with Madstone Rage (they even work with Rage Spell/Potion or Primal Scream too). So, logically I'd say that it should work, but we've already seen how inconsistent can mechanics in this game be.