Community Member DiamondPrinceJC's Avatar
    In the dark forests of an exotic plane called Oregon

Thumbs up New to Thelanis, but not to the game

Thelanis, talk about making a bad first impression...
    So I have mostly played on Cannith, but have now ventured over to Thelanis for one character. My character is... Non-traditional. It's a Horc cleric that I am taking the dark emissary line with and 2 levels for fighter to get martial weapon proficiency to use Mauls.
    One of my first run-in on the server was a PUG group for Irestone. There were 2 others in the group already and one threw a ship invite before I was inside the quest that wasn't used. Seconds later the invite thrower told me to "get the F*** off his ship" I thought it was a mistell until I entered the quest. The Invite thrower continued to send me tells like, "get the F*** off" and "Leave my group you NOOB." I asked him what his problem was and he wouldn't say. The other in the group stayed out of it until I died fighting it chat with the thrower instead of paying attention to the game. The other guy in the group picked up my stone and left it under YarYaar's ship.
    By this time more people had joined the group. The two beginners died (I assume on purpose) and left the group. This left me scratching my head and wondering, what were the ****ed about. I'm glad I kept playing on the server. I have since found some great players that are very nice. I'm glad to see that not everyone judges so quickly, remember its a game and everyone's character is a work in progress.
    Aztoth: Cannith Drow Assassin (2nd life) Borealice: Cannith Half-Orc Barb (2nd life) Balrolf The Fallen: Cannith Human Favored Soul Nyllo : Khyber Halfling Assassin
    **Guild Leader of House Nix'uldo'ch** **Guild Leader of Fundamental Dungeoneers**

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPrinceJC View Post
    Thelanis, talk about making a bad first impression...
    So I have mostly played on Cannith, but have now ventured over to Thelanis for one character. My character is... Non-traditional. It's a Horc cleric that I am taking the dark emissary line with and 2 levels for fighter to get martial weapon proficiency to use Mauls.
    One of my first run-in on the server was a PUG group for Irestone. There were 2 others in the group already and one threw a ship invite before I was inside the quest that wasn't used. Seconds later the invite thrower told me to "get the F*** off his ship" I thought it was a mistell until I entered the quest. The Invite thrower continued to send me tells like, "get the F*** off" and "Leave my group you NOOB." I asked him what his problem was and he wouldn't say. The other in the group stayed out of it until I died fighting it chat with the thrower instead of paying attention to the game. The other guy in the group picked up my stone and left it under YarYaar's ship.
    By this time more people had joined the group. The two beginners died (I assume on purpose) and left the group. This left me scratching my head and wondering, what were the ****ed about. I'm glad I kept playing on the server. I have since found some great players that are very nice. I'm glad to see that not everyone judges so quickly, remember its a game and everyone's character is a work in progress.
    There's definitely some DB'ery going on, and ya don't have to look far. I'm glad you didn't call it quits and go back to yer home plane right off the bat; we've got some really good folks on the server that do their best to help folks new to the game, and even to the server. Hope to see ya around

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````
    MuleAxe~1 | Occidere~1| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    There's definitely some DB'ery going on, and ya don't have to look far. I'm glad you didn't call it quits and go back to yer home plane right off the bat; we've got some really good folks on the server that do their best to help folks new to the game, and even to the server. Hope to see ya around
    Agreed. There really only seem to be a handful of real tools around at any given time. Give Arbix a shout if you need some start up gear/help.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Use squelch man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Use squelch man.
    OH!! Trust me, I did
    Aztoth: Cannith Drow Assassin (2nd life) Borealice: Cannith Half-Orc Barb (2nd life) Balrolf The Fallen: Cannith Human Favored Soul Nyllo : Khyber Halfling Assassin
    **Guild Leader of House Nix'uldo'ch** **Guild Leader of Fundamental Dungeoneers**

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPrinceJC View Post
    OH!! Trust me, I did
    Not fast enough, I would put him on squelch after first tell.

I like to give people the benefit of doubt when it comes to the game. Not all players play when they are not under the influence of one or more substances.... But when I figured out that he was being rude to me for no reason, SQUELCH!

If he uses insults and curse words, he wont get better than that, he cursed in first tell, thats when you should put him on squelch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    If he uses insults and curse words, he wont get better than that, he cursed in first tell, thats when you should put him on squelch.
    I just /squelch add as soon as I get a 'hello' or 'welcome'.

Wait...were you on his ship or not? You said invite was not used, but then you said he told you to get off the ship. Just confused.

Come on back to Cannith...
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others