Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    /unsigned

Have you ever tried to work with someone else's code outside of a textbook or classroom? In a hard deadline/high turnover piece of software like a MMO I imagine the code may be...interesting...in places and I can't imagine having a bunch of enthusiastic amateur volunteers will make anything easier

Yes I do it everyday at my JOB, setting the 'Standard' formatting style once and any submissions need to follow that or they are not even looked at. Problem solved. You are not coding the Mona Lisa one pixel at a time, you are cleaning up /updating crafting type lists that fall into a very standard format in the code.

I'm not saying you will bat 1000 every time, but for every 100 "enthusiastic amateur volunteers" you have you will have a few people who actually know what they are doing and I am sure they can do what is needed, fo free. In the end the player wins.
    Last edited by Zzevel; 03-26-2014 at 04:08 PM.

/signed
    ~Qarnivore.of.Synergia~

Community Member

Hey, I would be happy if they just fixed the issues with the current UI (pauses etc.).

/signed

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

/signed

More people would be on board if the system offered a better return on investment.

Just offering smiting/banishing/disruption crafting options (as a start) would make the grind seem like a means to an end.

Top level crafting helps me optimize my gear for TRing, but it would be nice if it were actually useful past level 20.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MangLord View Post
    /signed

More people would be on board if the system offered a better return on investment.

Just offering smiting/banishing/disruption crafting options (as a start) would make the grind seem like a means to an end.

Top level crafting helps me optimize my gear for TRing, but it would be nice if it were actually useful past level 20.
    Right on. It's hard to get people invested in a crafting (mini) game when the high level properties are minor and the good properties that matter aren't craftable at all, but rather found on random loot drops.

It makes me wonder if the best crafters in the Eberron universe have gathered to address if there is some elusive crafting group outside of their knowledge somewhere in the world that is crafting these wonderful banishing, disruption and smiting weapons...

Community Member

There are a lot of good suggestions on here.

The one stinker of the lot is posting code blocks. It would probably take more developer time to ensure the mods are good than to come up with them in the first place.

That being said, most of this is data, not code. I very much doubt there's code in there for each thing you can craft. I suspect it could be updated to current with little in the way of code changes.

Beyond what's been discussed above there are two things I would like to see:

1) Flexible shards should be able to be combined in any way you choose so long as they are not related effects. (Thus no Fire Cold weapons or the like.) A high level crafter could put several low level effects on an item if they want to.

2) There should be recipes at all levels that do not require anything exotic to make. Perhaps just a series of practice shards--reasonably low crafting costs but they don't do anything.

with the track record of our interns, are we sure we want them messing with things?

Did I /sign this thread yet?

I think I probably have. Nevertheless: /signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

/signed
    I can't believe they're prioritizing Epic 3bc over fixing cannith crafting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    I can't decide if this works better as a portmanteau of "human" and "moron," or as an eternally smiling alien from the planet Humor. Maybe both?

Community Member

Default Streamline! Consolidate!

Navigating the system INSIDE the machines is an onerous chore.

Far too many duplicate abilities, or with esoteric names when compared to their effects. Take a look at Heal. It's an exercise in futility keeping the names of these things straight, between "Heal" as a skill, which gets "Sustinence"? as a bonus name, vs "Health" as name for the effect that grants a CON bonus, vs "Vitality" which is an HP bump effect that you can't even craft, and False Life which does the EXACT same thing as Vitality, but you CAN craft, and which has different names for crafted bonuses from the loot that drops! It's just a mess!

Now look at Disable Device. The shard is Disable, the skill is Disable, the ability is Disable. That one makes SENSE! Different ranks need to be updated in line with the new gear i.e. Disable I, Disable II, etc. (just like Acid I, Acid II, etc. on the new damages)

Also a mess:

Bane damages.
    the new loot tables smartly group like-minded banes into a single category (humanoid bane, elemental bane, natural bane, etc.) With ranks of increasing power (like Ghostbane II) Why not re-name these sensibly, and incorporate some of the game flavor into it. "Natural Bane" is uninspired dreck, and really doesn't even tell you what it is a bane for. Ghostbane is the opposite. Simple, to the point, and does what it says on the tin. Lammania-bane would make more sense than Natural Bane.

Spell Penetration.
    Just search for these recipes, and TRY to explain how they make sense. *facepalm*

Spell Power bumps.
    These are horrendous to scroll through.
    It's because so many of the recipes in the crafting interface are simply different iterations of spell power, each with a different element or different bonus type. Every spell damage type has a different recipe for Spell power, Spell critical chance, Alchemical boost, etc.
    If you're going to have a casting system with spell schools, then USE THEM streamline things INTO those schools!

Nihil, Nullification, Void Lore, Necromancy... These should all be ONE single ability. Necromancy. With Necromancy I, II, III, etc.
    Ditto for all the iterations of elements, positive, light, alignment, and on... and on.... and on...
    Last edited by Silkenwise; 04-24-2014 at 05:44 PM.

/signed with reservations

The slow UI makes me wonder whether adding more prefixes would compound the problem. Would anyone be willing to craft on separate devices for Arcane, Divine and Elemental if that was the only way to expand the system?

I suppose a third hallway could be added, so from the crafting hall door, you could choose left, right or straight ahead (Arcane, Divine and Elemental halls respectively).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by doubledge View Post
    /signed
    I can't believe they're prioritizing Epic 3bc over fixing cannith crafting...
    Agreed! Why anyone thought to make an epic 3bc is beyond me. In the three years I have been playing, I dont think I have ever seen an LFM up for 3bc. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MangLord View Post
    /signed

i think it is usefull after 20, but im sure it's just a "feature" a "feature" that has been in place sence they started it.. . .. but ya lowbie TR gear and above 20 fine tune gear is all its good for. i wont talk much about this "feature" ive told them befor about it.. fark them "shameless plug for fark.com"

/signed

I still use crafting when I'm toddling through heroic TR's.I would like to see it be useful in epic levels as well.

Community Member

/signed

I would also like to rent crafting stations for my ship.

/signed
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    1337 x Pi = 80081E5

Community Member

/signed

Most lootgen effects should be craftable. I'd say that even Vorpal should be craftable now, since most mobs post-Vale can resist the snicker-snack by virtue of insane HP, and most mobs pre-Vale are more efficiently killed by other means.
    Last edited by Merlin-ator; 04-28-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

/signed for sure.

I'd be happy if they would just cull the duplicate spellpower recipies that were created when they ran the script to change over the system and add in +15 skills. Makes no sense that you can craft only to +13.
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse ~ Conceit : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Community Member

/signed.

add blurry if youre at it

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast