Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Agreed!
    I'm also quite peeved about the guild augment slots.
    Add a guild day or something where they can drop to give the new players a chance (not costing 2million plat) at getting the drops.

Community Member

I agree, canith crafting needs some work done on it.

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

/signed.

it needs updating and we all know that.

At the same time remove the needs for shards of potential, they're just annoying.
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

Community Member

/signed.

I would like to see the ability to create augs at high crafting levels utilizing gems drops + shards. And the usual "add in all the nifty prefixes and suffixes that exist now".

Not that I honestly expect anything coming from this, especially with all the Turbine layoffs.. but..

/Signed.
    Please.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

/Signed

Community Member

Here is how I feel about this: shutup and take the increase of essence sales in DDO store that comes from Cannith crafting being relevant.

Community Member

/signed

need some Absolute Choas

/signed /agree

Default Huzzah!

/signed
    All Haiku courtesy of Kayerith: RAID HAIKU!!: Velah isn't scared//we are killing the zombies//Dahliya is mean? <> Running for the hound!//making babbies fight mommy!//Michael Vick Approved <> Do you trust the shroud?//We must fight Harry two times//bring D-R Breakers <> Race haiku!!: Rusties eat war-forged//I laugh at their suffering//the screams are funny <> War-forged have no souls//batteries not included//save your receipt please <> Toaster surfing haiku!!: Jumping in the air//warforged crowding below me//I cannot get down!!! <> Confusion claims me!//which gender has facial hair?//male or female dwarves? <> It cannot be true! // a dwarf with no beard appears!//ABOMINATION!!
    http://orderoftheemeraldclaw.guildlaunch.com/

-Nefatron

Yea, Being able to add a augment slot would be incredible! Along with Paralyze with dc 17 and Higher.

I already signed, but here's my constructive feedback:

Add Absolute Minimum level to shards, in addition to the ML formula based on enchantment level. Quick examples:

Paralyzing (DC 17): enchantment level +4, AML 12
    Smiting: enchantment level +4, AML 12
    etc...

The idea being that the smiting/disruption/banishment affixes are equivalent to what greater banes used to be (+4) but they shouldn't drop on low level weapons. This solves the problem of how to keep a "clean" smiting weapon from being too low level without giving it a ridiculously high enchantment level.

I would make the following changes:

• Introduce AML to shards; all existing shards would get set to AML1 or AML0. Exceptions: Stability and True Seeing shards lowered to sane enchantment levels while getting an appropriate AML for balance.
    • Remove the ML20 cap on crafted items, changing it to the epic level cap. Meaning +5 holy burst of greater bane weapons would become ML22, ML20 w/masterful.
    • Remove lesser essences from the game. Poof! Gone. Round up all recipes, so if it cost 3 greaters 12 lessers, it now costs 6 greaters.
    • Remove shards of potential, and item potential altogether. No serious crafter cares about them. We certainly don't bother using essences to make them. This was a failed idea from day 1. Remove the (+3) from tier 3 challenge items and switch those to whatever the appropriate augment slots would be. (Mostly colorless or yellow, I'm guessing.)
    • Allow overwriting shards.
    • Introduce all single-effect abilities that appear on lootgen to the crafting tables: bloodletting, smiting, disruption, paralyzing, lightning strike, etc... Save combo effects (eg: mauling) for lootgen only.
    • Add spell power as high as lootgen goes. The AML mechanic makes this simple to keep balanced.
    • Add skill +15. Skills don't need AML, they are balanced with enchantment level.
    • Add stat +10. Stats through +6 don't need AML, but feel free to add AML for +7, +8, +9 and +10 stat shards

Thinking outside the box, maybe add material type shards (silver, darkwood, etc...) that have +1 enchantment level, and a fourth shard location on weapons, armor and shields for material type. This would give you:

Enhancement Bonus
    Material
    Prefix
    Suffix

Then have disjunction remove material type.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I already signed, but here's my constructive feedback:

Add Absolute Minimum level to shards, in addition to the ML formula based on enchantment level. Quick examples:

Paralyzing (DC 17): enchantment level +4, AML 12
    Smiting: enchantment level +4, AML 12
    etc...

The idea being that the smiting/disruption/banishment affixes are equivalent to what greater banes used to be (+4) but they shouldn't drop on low level weapons. This solves the problem of how to keep a "clean" smiting weapon from being too low level without giving it a ridiculously high enchantment level.

I would make the following changes:

• Introduce AML to shards; all existing shards would get set to AML1 or AML0. Exceptions: Stability and True Seeing shards lowered to sane enchantment levels while getting an appropriate AML for balance.
    • Remove the ML20 cap on crafted items, changing it to the epic level cap. Meaning +5 holy burst of greater bane weapons would become ML22, ML20 w/masterful.
    • Remove lesser essences from the game. Poof! Gone. Round up all recipes, so if it cost 3 greaters 12 lessers, it now costs 6 greaters.
    • Remove shards of potential, and item potential altogether. No serious crafter cares about them. We certainly don't bother using essences to make them. This was a failed idea from day 1. Remove the (+3) from tier 3 challenge items and switch those to whatever the appropriate augment slots would be. (Mostly colorless or yellow, I'm guessing.)
    • Allow overwriting shards.
    • Introduce all single-effect abilities that appear on lootgen to the crafting tables: bloodletting, smiting, disruption, paralyzing, lightning strike, etc... Save combo effects (eg: mauling) for lootgen only.
    • Add spell power as high as lootgen goes. The AML mechanic makes this simple to keep balanced.
    • Add skill +15. Skills don't need AML, they are balanced with enchantment level.
    • Add stat +10. Stats through +6 don't need AML, but feel free to add AML for +7, +8, +9 and +10 stat shards

Thinking outside the box, maybe add material type shards (silver, darkwood, etc...) that have +1 enchantment level, and a fourth shard location on weapons, armor and shields for material type. This would give you:

Enhancement Bonus
    Material
    Prefix
    Suffix

I agree with this. If/when they revisit Cannith crafting this should be the baseline they start with. These suggestions fix many of the core problems. Start with this, then you're set to just add new shards over time. My thought is, if it exists in loot gen, we should be able to craft that ability, even if we can't craft the highest tier. Loot gen right now goes to +11 stats so the suggested +10 seems fine. I'd be inclined to increase craftable skills up to +20 instead of the +15 proposed, but maybe that's just me.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I'd be inclined to increase craftable skills up to +20 instead of the +15 proposed, but maybe that's just me.
    I forgot that skills on lootgen go beyond +15 now, so that was an oversight on my part. Agreed.

I also forget enhancement bonus. Gotta increase that from +5 to at least, say, +7. Do +8 weapons/armor/shields drop in lootgen?

I see no problem with allowing the highest single-effect lootgen affixes to be available to crafting provided an AML system is implemented. Easy balancing for devs.

The one bone I'd toss to the people who say crafting should be a step below lootgen is the combo affixes. Have those be lootgen only and that still gives lootgen some interest, meaning crafting wouldn't make lootgen totally obsolete. For single-effect affixes, crafting should match lootgen.

Two more ideas while I'm thinking about crafting:

1) Let us craft augments. Not the slots, though that could be done similar to how metal types could be crafted. I mean the augments themselves. Example: Take any blue augment, disjunct it, craft a shard of heavy fort, then combine the augment and heavy fort in the third crafting machine. Bing bang boom, you have a heavy fort augment.

2) Add an Otto's Box of Tinkering to the store, giving similar relative crafting xp benefits that you get from the heroic and epic xp boxes. Price it however high you like. Also be sure to add some quality crafting pots to the store if they aren't there already. (+100% or whatever.)

If you revamp crafting to make it relevant at (or at least very near to) endgame, and then put some otto's crafting boxes in the store, you'll generate revenue to justify the overhead of revamping crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    <snip>

Enhancement Bonus
    Material
    Prefix
    Suffix

This is an awesome idea! Even if this isn't done at least add Everbright as a material type instead of crafted.

Stoner81.

Community Member

/Signed

Community Member

Otto's crafting box with crafting experience elixers and 1 crafting xp stone that adds (2 million xp + elixir bonus / 3 ) to crafting schools would be very nice, along with a blank craftable cube companion that depending upon the essences you feed it would be a different color, just bear in mind they would only need to eat essences 1 time only or if you don't feed them essences they would be transparent. The crafting comes in to making the gear for your companion. (it comes with free craftable gear like the craftable trinket you can buy from the DDO store). Augments definitely need to be added to Cannith crafting, both being able to make augment holes in gear and crafting augments need to be in Cannith crafting, even if the essence costs on augments will likely be expensive and use essences from more than 1 crafting school. These are all great ideas to help Cannith crafting, the hard part is how to properly implement them. Please help devs out on that end too.

/signed

/signed

The #1 thing that needs to be fixed is how painfully unresponsive the game is when crafting. Lately any time I try to craft something there's a noticeable freeze (5 seconds maybe?) with anything I do (deconstruct, construct a shard, add shard to an item). It's gotten so annoying that I really limit what I craft anymore.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast