/signed!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGurgler View Post
    /signed x 100
    Ditto: signed x 10 X 10 X 10

Community Member

Keep em comin folks!

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

/signed

Why should anyone pay for ingredients, XP or Success boosters if it's a dead end?

There should be a crafting update every time you make a major loot update.

Community Member

/Signed

I love the idea of Cannith crafting, as in getting ingredients from everywhere, rather than running the same quest over and over. Also, i like that it gives purpose to collectibles cause saving up for three or more lives for a ML 4 augment is just stupid.

Would love to see it updated, and expanded.

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

I have been thinking about this also.

My #1 suggestion is change bound crafting to BTA instead of BTC.

This opens up Cannith crafting to the new armors and items with augment slots on them and any other new item types they may come up with in the future.
    Do you have a 2handed sword with a red slot on a character you no longer need it on? No problem, toss it in your shared bank and have your crafter reset it. Want to make a suit of Feycraft Chainmail for your alts to use. Great! Toss it in the shared bank when that character is done with it. Right now either of those two would have to be put in the character's bank, sold or deconstructed for essences.

My #2 suggestion is keep the crafting levels the same 1 to 150 and spread the items out between them.

I know that some people where at level 100 within the first week and at 150 within a week when they raised the level and will be at max level within a week if it is raised.
    But not me. I have been plugging away at it since it was first released. I finally broke level 140 in all three schools two weeks ago. Yes I am slow. No I do not have a guild to feed me raw materials. No I do not spend all my in game time just working on raising my crafting level getting carpel tunnel syndrome. But my index finger did hurt for a day after the push to 140.
    Does it bother me that someone starting fresh can make a +2 strength shard at say level 10 instead of level 25 currently? Not in the least.
    For those who did level really fast, Do you really want to go through that again or would you rather have your effort rewarded by being able to craft the highest level shards with your current level?

My #3 suggestion is add in all the random prefixes and suffix to Cannith crafting.

I am talking about the standard random ones. Not the ones that give two abilities.
    If an effect is too powerful, make it max crafting level or just tell us "Sorry all, we feel being able to craft ability X is just too OP and we want to keep it limited in game by only allowing it as a random drop."

My #4 suggestion is wait until after level cap reaches 30 to overhaul the system.

As much as I would like to see Cannith crafting updated now, I would rather wait until then. That way they will know what most of the maximum +s and new effects will be.
    I see no sense in setting it up with max STR +10 if it is going to go up to +15 on random items when the level cap goes to 30.

Sorry for the longish post. Even though it took me 2 years and 9 months to get my crafter to level 140, I really enjoy crafting in games and knew it would be a long trip. I would like to see Cannith crafting overhauled and be fun for another 2 years and 9 months.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

/Signed.

Also someone that has twitter should consider tweeting glin: https://twitter.com/producerglin.

Make it so Turbine! Cheers! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

/signed

My guild crafter has been struggling to level his crafting system, and the most I'm likely to see out of it is items of Underwater Action and Feather Falling in my guild chest. He's constantly talking about how he wishes he could do more with it.
    The halfling monk with fists of fury

/signed x 100

/signed

Short answer ... everything that drops randomly should be craftable. From metal types to augment slots.

augments and metal type -> make items with them deconstruct-able. so we can then craft these things into blanks.

add all the prefix and suffix that are missing (im eying you nightmare\deadly etc).
    add higher level existing enhancements (parry above +2,keen II,III ,energy absorb.natural armor ,accuracy etc).

btw.. vamp shard(not the lesser) need the vol amulet. the OLD version of it( which i have only one left). the new Vol amulet with the augment slot is useless for crafting and so unless some of you kept the old one. i think i am the only crafter on Thelanis who can still craft one more vampirisem shard...
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP

Quote Originally Posted by masterzzan View Post
    btw.. vamp shard(not the lesser) need the vol amulet. the OLD version of it( which i have only one left). the new Vol amulet with the augment slot is useless for crafting and so unless some of you kept the old one. i think i am the only crafter on Thelanis who can still craft one more vampirisem shard...
    Ouch. I have one extra sitting in my crafter's bank but I don't know if it's the new or the old version.

Either way, that really stinks.

/signed
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

Although Cannith crafting deserves a huge update, there are little things that could be done to breathe a bit of life into it until they find the resources to do that.

- add craftable 3 on to loot gen randomly the same way you can get augment slots. Being able to toss a greater bane onto a loot gen weapon would be a nice bonus. Adding it to named items here and there isn't a horrible idea either.

- it was mentioned that adding augments and craftable together causes issues, but perhaps a way to convert augments into craftable could be added.

- add recipes for "special" items that need to be found or earned or perhaps bought in the store. I'd pay TP for a recipe that allows me to craft enhanced heal scrolls or cure critical wounds pots over and over for just an ingredient cost instead of TP each time. Also make these special recipes an unbound rare drop so players can trade for them. Once used, it's added to your crafting options.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

augments and metal type -> make items with them deconstruct-able. so we can then craft these things into blanks.

add all the prefix and suffix that are missing (im eying you nightmare\deadly etc).
    add higher level existing enhancements (parry above +2,keen II,III ,energy absorb.natural armor ,accuracy etc).

They really need to fix that :s
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    - it was mentioned that adding augments and craftable together causes issues, but perhaps a way to convert augments into craftable could be added.
    Actually, that one was solved with the new aug system.

/signed

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

/Siigned

BTW - I saw this post and panicked - I logged into my crafted and try making the full vampirism with the slotted version Vol amulet and it worked! - did you have the item locked or something?
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Community Member

/signed

and stop abandoning systems that you implement turbine ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    BTW - I saw this post and panicked - I logged into my crafted and try making the full vampirism with the slotted version Vol amulet and it worked! - did you have the item locked or something?
    Yay!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast