Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,230

    Default Imagine the world without comms of valor

    The world with no epic/iconic hearts, free ER as soon as you reach lvl28.

    You know how would it look?

    I know, and I'll tell you:

    Everyone would run von3, wiz king, ID, rusted blades, von5, end of road (invisible of course) twice per day, on epic hard.
    After done, they'd relog, and do the same on alts. Depending on how much time to waste on DDO they have, they'd play 3-5 alts, and would be done with reincarnation in 3-7 days (depending on if they duped XP pots or not).
    Then they'd reincarnate all their characters at once, and repeat the process over and over and over and over again, 36 times. After 15-36 weeks, they'd have epic completionist on all/most of alts.

    For less smart people, I will mention, that there would be only von3/wiz king/ID/RB/end LFMs only (maybe FoT sometimes) on LFM panel, as running anything else would be waste of time and effort. Also, forget about von6 ever, as everyone will want to be off timer 24/7 for von5.
    Last edited by Vellrad; 01-10-2014 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  2. #2
    Community Member SilkofDrasnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    The world with no epic/iconic hearts, free ER as soon as you reach lvl28.

    You know how would it look?

    I know, and I'll tell you:

    Everyone would run von3, wiz king, ID, rusted blades, von5, end of road (invisible of course) twice per day, on epic hard.
    After done, they'd relog, and do the same on alts. Depending on how much time to waste on DDO they have, they'd play 3-5 alts, and would be done with reincarnation in 3-7 days (depending on if they duped XP pots or not).
    Then they'd reincarnate all their characters at once, and repeat the process over and over and over and over again, 36 times. After 15-36 weeks, they'd have epic completionist on all/most of alts.

    For less smart people, I will mention, that there would be only von3/wiz king/ID/RB/end LFMs only (maybe FoT sometimes) on LFM panel, as running anything else would be waste of time and effort. Also, forget about von6 ever, as everyone will want to be off timer 24/7 for von5.
    So your saying people don't play the game for fun ever? That's funny cause I know lots of people that don't TR or want to ETR. Really most people play what is fun for them, that includes those that enjoy ETR/TR projects.

    Heh the hate bandwagon on this subject needs to stop, if the number of lfm is down it's because there isn't as many people playing as before not because some quests offer more XP than others.

    Your crystal ball is flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  3. #3
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Your crystal ball is flawed.
    My crystal ball is in prime condition, thank you very much.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    So your saying people don't play the game for fun ever? That's funny cause I know lots of people that don't TR or want to ETR. Really most people play what is fun for them, that includes those that enjoy ETR/TR projects.
    Fast advancement is fun.

    Heh the hate bandwagon on this subject needs to stop, if the number of lfm is down it's because there isn't as many people playing as before not because some quests offer more XP than others.
    The only reason why you see multiple LFMs for multiple quests is because comms are required to TR.
    If you will throw away comms from game, the fastest way to ER (the only thing left to do in game) will be farming XP like crazy. Only quests will high XP/minute will be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default

    The only actual problem with epic play at the moment is that the highest level quests (Druid's Deep, High Road, Wheloon, Storm Horns) are sub-par. Some are okay, some are really quite bad, but none are *great*. And that's a real shame. We know that DDO quests can be great, because so many of them are. But not these quests. It's disappointing.

    As long as the game is fun, people will keep playing. Oh, they'll complain, no matter what happens people will complain. But we'll keep playing.

    Make good quests. That's all we need. That's all we ever needed.

  5. #5
    Community Member SilkofDrasnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    My crystal ball is in prime condition, thank you very much.

    Fast advancement is fun.



    The only reason why you see multiple LFMs for multiple quests is because comms are required to TR.
    If you will throw away comms from game, the fastest way to ER (the only thing left to do in game) will be farming XP like crazy. Only quests will high XP/minute will be done.
    1 - Sure fast advancement is fun but not always and not everyone thinks the same things is fun, until you get this through your skull your ball is flawed. For example I ran von3 once today ( on a destiny farming lvl 27) but ran the heroic giant-hold saga twice today on a lvl 15 char only getting around 9k per quest because *gasp* XP is not always why we run things and our fun isn't always limited to one thing. Guess what? The von3 I did with my wife and one guildy, the giant-hold run I had up in lfm and put it back up when someone left.

    Having pizza is fun doesn't mean I want some every frigging day. Sometimes I want a nice healthy salad.


    2 - Throw away the coms and people will just go back to playing what they enjoy.

    If ETR is the only thing you have left to do you need to find some other things to do or maybe go outside and have some air.


    EDIT: I am looking at your join date and your number of posts and I am thinking... hmm he maybe needs to play the game more and put his own lfm up and play the forum game a little less.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 01-11-2014 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

  6. #6
    Community Member NapStack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    52

    Default

    You're the John Lennon of DDO.

  7. #7
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NapStack View Post
    You're the John Lennon of DDO.
    Are you saying you want somebody to shoot him? That's not very nice.

  8. #8
    Community Member Annex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Rats will always take the shortest path to the cheese.

  9. #9
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    The world with no epic/iconic hearts, free ER as soon as you reach lvl28.

    You know how would it look?

    I know, and I'll tell you:

    Everyone would run von3, wiz king, ID, rusted blades, von5, end of road (invisible of course) twice per day, on epic hard.
    After done, they'd relog, and do the same on alts. Depending on how much time to waste on DDO they have, they'd play 3-5 alts, and would be done with reincarnation in 3-7 days (depending on if they duped XP pots or not).
    Then they'd reincarnate all their characters at once, and repeat the process over and over and over and over again, 36 times. After 15-36 weeks, they'd have epic completionist on all/most of alts.

    For less smart people, I will mention, that there would be only von3/wiz king/ID/RB/end LFMs only (maybe FoT sometimes) on LFM panel, as running anything else would be waste of time and effort. Also, forget about von6 ever, as everyone will want to be off timer 24/7 for von5.
    if you cared about time than it would be a waste to run anything but the obvious high xp quest. for someone like me, it would just take me a little longer as I one and done my way to level 28. it wouldn't be any different than when I TR a character. we were originally told we could earn enough Comms more or less depending on if you ran EH or EE by the time you reach level 28. I still would have run the content as I leveled, but I know many who would do the same as they do in heroics.

    if you farm xp in heroics than you would do the same in epics regardless.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

    You are the one choosing not to play alts.

    Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

  10. #10
    Community Member mkmcgw17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    The world with no epic/iconic hearts, free ER as soon as you reach lvl28.

    You know how would it look?

    I know, and I'll tell you:

    Everyone would run von3, wiz king, ID, rusted blades, von5, end of road (invisible of course) twice per day, on epic hard.
    After done, they'd relog, and do the same on alts. Depending on how much time to waste on DDO they have, they'd play 3-5 alts, and would be done with reincarnation in 3-7 days (depending on if they duped XP pots or not).
    Then they'd reincarnate all their characters at once, and repeat the process over and over and over and over again, 36 times. After 15-36 weeks, they'd have epic completionist on all/most of alts.

    For less smart people, I will mention, that there would be only von3/wiz king/ID/RB/end LFMs only (maybe FoT sometimes) on LFM panel, as running anything else would be waste of time and effort. Also, forget about von6 ever, as everyone will want to be off timer 24/7 for von5.
    I don't use comms of valor I don't intend to epic tr in fact I only do epic long enough to get enough tokens to true reincarnate so none of what you posted applies to me. Sometime I actually get to twenty eight its happened twice I don't really care for epic levels with the exception of the totally awesome underdark series whoever designed that should get an award. I played it on paper many years ago its great to see it in real time.
    Theleb Karna

  11. #11
    Community Member IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    The world with no epic/iconic hearts, free ER as soon as you reach lvl28.

    You know how would it look?

    I know, and I'll tell you:

    Everyone would run von3, wiz king, ID, rusted blades, von5, end of road (invisible of course) twice per day, on epic hard.
    After done, they'd relog, and do the same on alts. Depending on how much time to waste on DDO they have, they'd play 3-5 alts, and would be done with reincarnation in 3-7 days (depending on if they duped XP pots or not).
    Then they'd reincarnate all their characters at once, and repeat the process over and over and over and over again, 36 times. After 15-36 weeks, they'd have epic completionist on all/most of alts.

    For less smart people, I will mention, that there would be only von3/wiz king/ID/RB/end LFMs only (maybe FoT sometimes) on LFM panel, as running anything else would be waste of time and effort. Also, forget about von6 ever, as everyone will want to be off timer 24/7 for von5.
    In a round about way you're saying that Cov's have actually managed to do something nothing else in the history of DDO has fully done: get everyone to play different quests and be less repetitive.

    I totally agree, in fact running with regulars for the past few weeks we've been doing things we never did before. Quests we seldom run, entire chains once and done even though we're already flagged, every quest in a saga, almost all on EE or occasionally EH.

    And you know what? almost no one is complaining about it, and when you say "the new quest ransack system seems like a good thing" you almost always get others agreeing with you, because lets face it... even people who pretended they like to repeat content NNNNNNNN/HHHHHHHHHH/E for the most part don't actually enjoy doing that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Rats will always take the shortest path to the cheese.
    LOL sig worthy.
    Last edited by IronClan; 01-11-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload