Default End Rewards based on Class

I brought my Ranger L13/Fighter L2 out of retirement to see if I could level him to 20 by the 12th for the epic heart. (He is 12k from L18 now).

I noticed the end rewards seemed to be about 90% heavy armor, docents, and clubs/staves for wiz/sorc/healers. This was the case for several quests in a row. I checked and sure enough I had unchecked the option to base end rewards on class. So I went ahead and selected the option to see what would happen if end rewards were based on Ranger.

Now, for about a dozen quests since then, my end rewards have been 30% light armor (junk, but at least it fits a ranger), and the other 70% is mostly two handed weapons and crossbows.

Oooooo...kay.

the way it seams to work is that it awards loot that is useable by your class

if your class is proficient with all Martial weapons you can see a lot of random stuff

if your a pure Arti you'd see a lot of Xbows and collars

if you were a pure Monk you'd see staffs, wraps, kamas, shrunken robes

if your a Fighter you'll see a bit of everything since a fighter can use just about anything its really kinda hit or miss

I disabled Class based rewards on my ranger/melee character long ago. I don't think he was ever offered 1 decent Long sword or Long Bow worth owning; which is primarily what I wanted. I got offered plenty of crossbows, 2-handed weapons and junk armor - rarely anything I could ever auction.
    At least when you I set class based rewards off I can resell stuff once in awhile - mnemonic pots for instance come up very often.

I have been offered metalline or pure good only like 3-4 times EVAR and always on something I could not use myself. Where the auctioned metalline of pure good weapons come from one can only wonder...

I don't remember anything memorable from using cleric class based rewards.

On my monk class based rewards offer me hand wraps and outfits every time, once in awhile something worth keeping, and less often random equipment. I toggle it on and off when I play my monk.

I would say they devs need to redo the algorithm that runs the class based rewards by why imply hope when there is none.
    Last edited by hp1055cm; 01-09-2014 at 09:38 AM.

if that option was ever working then i never noticed it.
    Real join date: Update 7

yea, i remember 1or 2 items that i use ,came from a chest i found;.01%drop rate for usefull stuff?...reminds me of diablo 1 ....never a decent reward in a chest
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    the way it seams to work is that it awards loot that is useable by your class

if your class is proficient with all Martial weapons you can see a lot of random stuff

if your a pure Arti you'd see a lot of Xbows and collars

if you were a pure Monk you'd see staffs, wraps, kamas, shrunken robes

if your a Fighter you'll see a bit of everything since a fighter can use just about anything its really kinda hit or miss
    Okay so the fact that rangers get all martial weapons (including shields) is what seems to be causing it. I thought the coding for it would be a little smarter, but at least that explains it.

Thanks.

So...

The solution is to play Arti or Monk?

More P2W?

I don't even bother looking at end loot anymore. If there are trophy's offered I take them, if not I just randomly click, it is all trash anyway. I am fairly certain after all the lives on my toon the best gear came from the AH or that extremely rare drop in some random chest. Every weapon I use is purchased.

All loot has really taken a downturn of late. Nothing but vendor trash these days. I haven't seen a tome in 2 lives. In 4 lives, I still don't have enough collectables to obtain a, (useless), level 4, random, augment.
    Professional Noob.

Community Member

Default Class based rewards ?????

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    I disabled Class based rewards on my ranger/melee character long ago. I don't think he was ever offered 1 decent Long sword or Long Bow worth owning; which is primarily what I wanted. I got offered plenty of crossbows, 2-handed weapons and junk armor - rarely anything I could ever auction.
    At least when you I set class based rewards off I can resell stuff once in awhile - mnemonic pots for instance come up very often.

I have been offered metalline or pure good only like 3-4 times EVAR and always on something I could not use myself. Where the auctioned metalline of pure good weapons come from one can only wonder...

I don't remember anything memorable from using cleric class based rewards.

On my monk class based rewards offer me hand wraps and outfits every time, once in awhile something worth keeping, and less often random equipment. I toggle it on and off when I play my monk.

I would say they devs need to redo the algorithm that runs the class based rewards by why imply hope when there is none.
    what is this, "disabled/enable Class based rewards" and where is it????
    (the first time i even heard that there was a option)!

Quote Originally Posted by cjgoddard View Post
    options > gameplay

iirc

just search the options menu abit, youll find it
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Quote Originally Posted by cjgoddard View Post
    What visty said ^^

Main menu
    Options
    Game play
    Quest end rewards based on class

Quote Originally Posted by RavenAmazing View Post

. I haven't seen a tome in 2 lives.

It seems tome drops are a little low at the moment but in my last TR dash from level 8-12 I have had 3 stat tomes or tome upgrades drop. My good luck....maybe, but they are dropping.