Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    If you want to consider travel time to increase XP then you would have to lower XP for all those Quests that take no time to get to.

You did not look at the other side of the coin nor think this through.
    That makes zero sense.

In other news, I have now gone to 28 twice, and have another toon that is close to 28 - having started at 25 when the Comms came out. Almost always doing EH, with very little repeating of dungeons - though my other toon which went from 25 to close to 28 has done VON3 6 or 8 times.

I have a grand total of 4,300 Comms.

So in over 16 million XP where I have almost exclusively taken the Comms, I have barely made enough to get a single Heart.

I would once again like to request of the Devs the spreadsheet they used to calculate that we will get approximately 4,200 Comms on a single run from 20 to 28.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Cannith challenge xp was never too high. It was 3k/minute sustainable, less than a third of the 10k/minute sustainable in rusted blades. (Later eclipsed by Impossible Demands when people figured out how to bug the priestess to prevent her going through the first door.)
    For a brief period of time you could get over 200k XP in a 10 minute challenge which could be 6-starred fairly easily. That needed nerfing, but the problem is, they nerfed so much that it is now pointless to run any of them more than once a life - and many of them arent even worth running once.

They sold a LOT of packs because of a chest thing. They sold a LOT of packs because of an XP thing. Then they took both away. And the crafting has fallen SO far behind random loot you can find on the Auction House so you now never see anyone bother with it.
    Last edited by Jasparion; 02-09-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    For a brief period of time you could get over 200k XP in a 10 minute challenge which could be 6-starred fairly easily. That needed nerfing, but the problem is, they nerfed so much that it is now pointless to run any of them more than once a life - and many of them arent even worth running once.
    That was not a Cannith challenge, that was an Eveningstar challenge. I was specifically talking about Cannith challenges, which never gave too much xp and yet were drastically reduced.

Cannith challenges never needed nerfing, yet they got nerfed so, so hard.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Hey Steelstar feel free to chime in on here please!

That was not a Cannith challenge, that was an Eveningstar challenge. I was specifically talking about Cannith challenges, which never gave too much xp and yet were drastically reduced.

Amen brother! Preach it! Hey Steelstar care to comment? Especially *after* the 1st run! House C challenges! Show us some love! Please!

P.S. Increase House C challenges CR to 30 to match the estar challenges! You can do it! Come on!

Asking nicely/sincerely/politely! It would be greatly appreciated! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

And after it got nerfed and nerfed again... yay, they nerfed one more time from orbit... it was the only way to be sure.

They sold a LOT of packs because of a chest thing. They sold a LOT of packs because of an XP thing. Then they took both away. And the crafting has fallen SO far behind random loot you can find on the Auction House so you now never see anyone bother with it.
    That was challenge in eveningstar, house c challenges never gave even close to that amount and they nerfed house c 2 or 3 times, then devs had the audacity to write they will switch it back.
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 02-10-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Yeah you couldn't get 200k XP in Cannith but, I do recall getting at least 100K in the Extra planar dragon ones before the nerfs on a first time go.

I use to solo these for 4-5 star at level 18 to cap when the XP was good depending on build now I wouldn't touch it for XP.

IMO for a first time 6 star you should be getting huge XP that's no easy task.

Community Member

Are you sure? I recall MrCow getting up around the 200k mark in his Diaries. And they did need nerfing on the 1st run, but they needed buffing on the repeat runs. Especially when random loot pretty much invalidated all the crafting gear.

Are you sure? I recall MrCow getting up around the 200k mark in his Diaries. And they did need nerfing on the 1st run, but they needed buffing on the repeat runs. Especially when random loot pretty much invalidated all the crafting gear.
    I suspect you're remembering his Eveningstar runs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    That was challenge in eveningstar, house c challenges never gave even close to that amount and they nerfed house c 2 or 3 times, then devs had the audacity to write they will switch it back.
    Wrong. Back when they were released you couldget 300k ith 1st time bonus in a 5min quest on a patcular house C challenge and 150k on repeats.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Wrong. Back when they were released you couldget 300k ith 1st time bonus in a 5min quest on a patcular house C challenge and 150k on repeats.
    Oh? I'm sure Ellis will want to chime in on here/on this one. Heh.
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

I suspect you're remembering his Eveningstar runs.
    Yeah, this is what I remember too. Though Im not sure if MrCow was doing a 5 min quest for 300k - I think it was 200k for a 10 min quest. And he used to get some pretty crazy numbers for the Mansion runs as well.

Ha! No you could not.

Back when they were released, there was no such thing as epic XP. You're saying 300k HEROIC xp in a 5 minute challenge, followed by 30k/minute HEROIC xp sustained? Yeah, not a chance.

Yeah, this is what I remember too. Though Im not sure if MrCow was doing a 5 min quest for 300k - I think it was 200k for a 10 min quest. And he used to get some pretty crazy numbers for the Mansion runs as well.
    Mansion runs are very long. And the 200k in 10 minutes sounds like something MrCow would have posted a video of.

Community Member

Ha! No you could not.

Back when they were released, there was no such thing as epic XP. You're saying 300k HEROIC xp in a 5 minute challenge, followed by 30k/minute HEROIC xp sustained? Yeah, not a chance.

Mansion runs are very long. And the 200k in 10 minutes sounds like something MrCow would have posted a video of.
    No it was not heroic xp back either technically it was just xp. And you could do lvl 25 epic buying time for 300kxp and change buffed up with a pot and first time bonus and 6 stars.

Community Member

And I am sorry you obviously are speaking on a subject you know little about if you do not know this.

Community Member

And just because I can see you are stubborn and its fun to prove stubborn people wrong here is a link for you to read in another good challenge which is 3min and could net you 250k with a pot going...too bad you can search for old forum posts easily....

http://www.gamergeoff.com/level-25-s...e-challenging/

This is a house C challenge, and was not even the best one for xp.

And just because I can see you are stubborn and its fun to prove stubborn people wrong here is a link for you to read in another good challenge which is 3min and could net you 250k with a pot going...too bad you can search for old forum posts easily....

http://www.gamergeoff.com/level-25-s...e-challenging/

This is a house C challenge, and was not even the best one for xp.
    I'm going to go ahead and discard that for two reasons:

1) It specifically said that the 150k was from a first-time bonus.
    2) There is no such thing as a "3 minute" challenge. They are all 5 minutes at the absolute minimum.

You'd think an expert in challenges such as yourself would know that there are no 3 minute challenges. We're still a far cry from "150k in 5 minutes on repeats" as you claim.

Community Member

Yeah and one time bonuses were changed as well...now you only get a one time bonus per star achieved. Whatever anyways you are right no matter what huh. I really don't care what you think personally, but those of us that used to farm challenges for xp back when they were good know. I even had a friend that went from 1-20 in 24 hours running buying time only that's how absurd it was.

Yeah and one time bonuses were changed as well...now you only get a one time bonus per star achieved. Whatever anyways you are right no matter what huh. I really don't care what you think personally, but those of us that used to farm challenges for xp back when they were good know. I even had a friend that went from 1-20 in 24 hours running buying time only that's how absurd it was.
    How about actual evidence? There are tons of old youtube videos showing how to get xp out of challenges. Here's a video showing a low level alt xp farming an epic challenge:

Notice that the 8-minute run grants 17k xp. (EDIT: It's actually a 10-minute run. Looks like a buddy started the challenge, then the guy capturing video joined two minutes later.)

I'd also like to point out how you just contradicted yourself:

1-20 in 24 hours running buying time only that's how absurd it was

24 hours?! That's an ETERNITY when you're getting 30k/minute, as you claim. Remember, your claim is that you used to be able to get repeatable (NOT first time bonus) 150k per 5 minute run. Let's do that math, shall we?

Old xp cap on a 3rd life: 4.3 million. 30k/minute. 4.3 million / 30k = 143 minutes. That's right, you're claiming that challenges used to give so much xp that you could do an entire legend life in UNDER THREE HOURS.

This is why I know you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Your claims are patently absurd. Here, I'll quote your claim as a refresher:

Still standing by this?

Community Member

Buying time is 5min.

Find me a video of xp farming on you tube at that time? I looked. People didn't publicized it because everyone knew they xp scaling was not WAI.

I am one with this subject by the way, but you go ahead and keep protecting your supposed knowledge on this, I have more important things to worry about, like real life.

Buying time is 5min.

Find me a video of xp farming on you tube at that time? I looked. People didn't publicized it because everyone knew they xp scaling was not WAI.

I am one with this subject by the way, but you go ahead and keep protecting your supposed knowledge on this, I have more important things to worry about, like real life.
    At 150k per 5 minutes why did it take you 24 hours to level from 1 to 20? It should be under 3 hours even on a legend build. You do not respond to this because you realize that this proves your wild claim is completely baseless.

Here's what I think: You guys were entering epic Buying Time for 5:00 runs @ around 4-5k with a pot, maybe upwards of 6k/minute. This would let you go from 1 to 20 on a first life in six and half hours of solid grind, so figure 9-10 hours with breaks and whatnot. This is consistent with your "leveled to 20 in 24 hours" claim. (On legend build that would be 14 hours of solid grind, so still possible in 24 hours if you're crazy.)

That 4-5k/minute is NOT too much epic xp. It's only too much if heroic levels can get it. Your silly claims of 30k/minute do nothing but derail an intelligent debate on whether cannith challenges needed nerfing. They most certainly did not. All they needed was to prevent heroic levels from running epic challenges.

Right now in the game today it is pretty easy to maintain 4-5k/minute in quests sustained, for hours a day, every day, including time to rebuff every hour and run to the quests. (Some of those runs are long.) That's with just 5% cannith xp pots.

With that as the baseline for quests, the old cannith challenge epic xp of just over 3k/minute with 5% pots is probably too low. Too bad they double-nerfed that 3k/minute down to 800/minute, rendering cannith challenges utterly useless.

If the old 3k/minute with "free" 5% pots was restored right now people would say cannith challenge xp isn't worth bothering with because a) you can get better sustained xp/minute from questing and b) challenges do not give commendations of valor.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast