Default What's Arcane/religious/wilderness lore used for?

These three lore feats showed up with Update 13 - Web of Chaos.

I know the Religious Lore feat is used during Lords of Dust to purify altars.
    I suspect these feats are what A Stay At The Inn uses while breaking staves (to differentiate between arcane and divine SP usage).
    I think, maybe, there's a few King's Forest encounters that use them.

Are they useful at any other point in the game? Were they retrofitted into any old content? Did I overlook their presence in Update 15 (Druid's Deep), Update 17 (Epic Gianthold), Update 18 (Shar prequel chain), Update 19 (shadowfail), or Update 20 content?

Gotta love the Wiki

Wliderness Lore

Arcane Lore

Religious Lore

Essentially they're all just there for extra dialogue options, like you mentioned in Lords of Dust.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 01-08-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Nothing, as of now.

But it wouldn't surprise me if double clicking it this time next year took you to the DDO store.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Gotta love the Wiki

Wliderness Lore - Essentially usefull for extra dialogue options.

Arcane Lore - This is where your base spell crit chance & multiplier come from.

Religious Lore - Essentially more dialogue options.
    You're incorrect in assuming the autogrant feat called "Arcane Lore" has anything to do with your crit chance and damage from the item property "Arcane Lore". In addition, much of the information on that page is badly outdated with the recent changes to spell crits.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    These three lore feats showed up with Update 13 - Web of Chaos.

I know the Religious Lore feat is used during Lords of Dust to purify altars.
    I suspect these feats are what A Stay At The Inn uses while breaking staves (to differentiate between arcane and divine SP usage).
    I think, maybe, there's a few King's Forest encounters that use them.

Are they useful at any other point in the game? Were they retrofitted into any old content? Did I overlook their presence in Update 15 (Druid's Deep), Update 17 (Epic Gianthold), Update 18 (Shar prequel chain), Update 19 (shadowfail), or Update 20 content?
    Arcane lore helps in crafting. You need enough to be able to decon a paralyzer to preserve the paralyzingly shard to add to a Greensteel weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    You're incorrect in assuming the autogrant feat called "Arcane Lore" has anything to do with your crit chance and damage from the item property "Arcane Lore". In addition, much of the information on that page is badly outdated with the recent changes to spell crits.
    Ah, yup. Was skimming through the entry, didn't notice that it was referring to the old item property and that there was a separate entry for "Arcane Lore(feat)" - post above edited accordingly.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.

Quote Originally Posted by H8Tank View Post
    Arcane lore helps in crafting. You need enough to be able to decon a paralyzer to preserve the paralyzingly shard to add to a Greensteel weapon.
    W T F are you talking about?

W T F are you talking about?
    People need to raise their sarcasm saves.

Gotta love the Wiki

Wliderness Lore

Arcane Lore

Religious Lore

Essentially they're all just there for extra dialogue options, like you mentioned in Lords of Dust.
    Yup. read the wiki. I'm wondering WHERE those extra dialog options appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    People need to raise their sarcasm saves.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means.