Default 90% stat-damage resistance of epic ward - remove it

Why does this still exist after death-block was removed?

To render the majority of necormancy based debuff spells usleless of course.

/sarcasm
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Why does this still exist after death-block was removed?
    At the time it was added, it was addressing a problem (well the devs thought it was a problem) in which stat damage was more effective than dps on trash mobs. I believe we're past that point now. The band-aid fix is no longer needed so remove the band-aid or lower it to a point where stat damage is at least viable situationally. There is no longer even an instant kill when con reaches 0. It's like a stun effect that takes a huge amount of time to actually get going while you're outputting poor relative dps. I can't see how this is a danger to game balance. In EN and EH, who cares as the trash dies to dps in seconds. In EE would this really kills things so much faster as to invalidate ESoS on trash?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Your on roll today troll woo woo! /signed

Community Member

The 90% stat damage shield shows everything that is wrong about the Turbine dev team:
    -- they fix a current game imbalance with a "nuke from orbit" overcompensate nerf to nothingness approach
    -- when it becomes obvious that the fix is as bad or worse than the problem, they completely fail to recognize this or simply do not care to make any changes
    -- the concept of introducing a change and then tweaking that change till it's "just right" is Greek to Turbine
    -- when multiple forum posters point out with plain indisputable logic why a design change isn't appropriate, Turbine either can't read English, can't understand English, or keeps repeating the mantra "forums posters only make up 1% of the DDO population"

I don't understand why it's so tough to realize that when mobs have 90% stat shield, stat damage becomes useless or pretty close to useless. This is obvious to anyone who actually plays the game. Does Turbine code not let them change the 90% to a 70% and see how that works? Two months later, can't that 70% be changes to a 60% or an 80% depending on the experiences of actual DDO players in the game.

(Simple question: does Turbine really believe that stat damage is a viable option with even a situational use when mobs have 90% stat shield? My experience is no - I currently no longer carry stat damaging weapons on any of my Epic characters, except where I've been too lazy to throw them into the bank or sell them)
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    At the time it was added, it was addressing a problem (well the devs thought it was a problem) in which stat damage was more effective than dps on trash mobs. I believe we're past that point now. The band-aid fix is no longer needed so remove the band-aid or lower it to a point where stat damage is at least viable situationally. There is no longer even an instant kill when con reaches 0. It's like a stun effect that takes a huge amount of time to actually get going while you're outputting poor relative dps. I can't see how this is a danger to game balance. In EN and EH, who cares as the trash dies to dps in seconds. In EE would this really kills things so much faster as to invalidate ESoS on trash?
    ^this^
    I never saw a use for it since epic mobs have such hugly inflated stats, that even layering stat damage and using wound of puncture still doesn't drop them as quickly as aoe splash and melee dps.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    The 90% stat damage shield shows everything that is wrong about the Turbine dev team:
    -- they fix a current game imbalance with a "nuke from orbit" overcompensate nerf to nothingness approach
    -- when it becomes obvious that the fix is as bad or worse than the problem, they completely fail to recognize this or simply do not care to make any changes
    -- the concept of introducing a change and then tweaking that change till it's "just right" is Greek to Turbine
    -- when multiple forum posters point out with plain indisputable logic why a design change isn't appropriate, Turbine either can't read English, can't understand English, or keeps repeating the mantra "forums posters only make up 1% of the DDO population"

I don't understand why it's so tough to realize that when mobs have 90% stat shield, stat damage becomes useless or pretty close to useless. This is obvious to anyone who actually plays the game. Does Turbine code not let them change the 90% to a 70% and see how that works? Two months later, can't that 70% be changes to a 60% or an 80% depending on the experiences of actual DDO players in the game.

(Simple question: does Turbine really believe that stat damage is a viable option with even a situational use when mobs have 90% stat shield? My experience is no - I currently no longer carry stat damaging weapons on any of my Epic characters, except where I've been too lazy to throw them into the bank or sell them)
    What was escpecially dumb about this was Turbine in MoTU introduced all those level 20+ poison weapons that were all useless in Epics. Yeah, that made sense . . .

I never understood why they did this and added such a fast recovery from Stat damage and even negative levels.

Making these viable by not only removing/reducing the 90% resistance and put the recovery time back to the same time as it takes player characters to recover from the same damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    What was escpecially dumb about this was Turbine in MoTU introduced all those level 20+ poison weapons that were all useless in Epics. Yeah, that made sense . . .
    You know what would rock? A poison weapon in epic levels that did as much damage as the traps in elite WW ;-)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    when mobs have 90% stat shield, stat damage becomes useless or pretty close to useless.
    Exactly.

/Signed.
    It would give more options for gameplay.
    If developers don't like to spend time on "worthless" things like making secret doors when a simple clickie can negate that, why do they spend time on stat damaging weapons which are equally useless?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    You know what would rock? A poison weapon in epic levels that did as much damage as the traps in elite WW ;-)
    I would prefer the one in elite Delera..
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    I would prefer the one in elite Delera..
    Heh - that one is a killer too

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

/signed

While you're at it, reintroduce DR for mobs.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

/signed

Give us more useful weapon options apart from straight up DPS, and stop nerfing everything that isn't pure DPS. Please.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    /signed

While you're at it, reintroduce DR for mobs.

And not all DR/-

Meaningful, typed-DR

That's better than piles of HP as it makes us have to make the choice between pure DPS weapon and over-damage, or bypass DR.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    And not all DR/-

Meaningful, typed-DR

That's better than piles of HP as it makes us have to make the choice between pure DPS weapon and over-damage, or bypass DR.
    That's what I mean.

Preferabely have some mobs with more than 1 type of DR, so artificer is not enough (marut is good example: you need to have chaos and adamantine, and artificer can give only 1 buff, so you must be prepared. And if you're prepared really well, you're rewarded with deadly weapons)(assuming you have artificer at all in your team).

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    marut is good example: you need to have chaos and adamantine
    Marut only has chaotic DR, not both.

I believe it's only a few old school raid bosses that have dual typed DR.

EDIT: and /signed.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer