Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uber Completionist

Default Baktor - Devil Assault - 4th wave boss

Dear Devs,

Any ways to change this boss' behavior? Honestly, other than warping and lagging, it has no point whatsoever.

It adds no challenge, no difficulty or anything of value game-wise.

This is no where near a priority. but still, it is annoying

Oh, this isn't a " only me issue ". Pretty much every group I run with, someone will mention something along the lines of " laggy boss incoming "

I just refer to him as Blinky. Blinky's ability to warp in, out and around is part of the game, like many other things I accept with a grain of salt.

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Runerock View Post
    I just refer to him as Blinky. Blinky's ability to warp in, out and around is part of the game, like many other things I accept with a grain of salt.
    Love that. Guess I'll rename him as well.

Anyway... we get group to gather up, so at least he blinks into the same spot all the time

You used to be able to make him stay phased in by having EVERYONE stop attacking and cast Mass Invisibility on the group and resetting his aggro.

works great with aoe spells and can kill him in a minute with bb he takes damage every time he phases in
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by Astraghal View Post
    You used to be able to make him stay phased in by having EVERYONE stop attacking and cast Mass Invisibility on the group and resetting his aggro.
    Doesn't work anymore.

Huddling your group together in a corner helps by limiting the range he'll blink around in. Soloing makes him almost stable.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Astraghal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Doesn't work anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Huddling your group together in a corner helps by limiting the range he'll blink around in. Soloing makes him almost stable.
    It is kind of sad that the work around is also broken, but yes, the huddle approach minimizes the issue - However, I did have one time where I was still fighting for at least 60 seconds after he died.

I also found if you have one person that can establish good hate agro/magnate he stays put longer.

However, I think it would be much nicer if they could maybe like limit his "blink".

Community Member

I haven't bother with DA in awhile but when I was running it regularly I just relied on DOTs. MOAR DOTS! I guess on a melee I would just stand with my back to the corner and leave auto-attack on and occasionally hit adrenaline since it only procs on hit (LOOOOVE that about adrenaline!) .

Just remove his ability to teleport. It causes more problems than the flavor and lore factor that is supposedly adds. This fight is not difficult because the boss is difficult, but because of the way he's bugged. Remove the bug at it's source and bump his hp a bit if necessary to compensate. I would have thought the devs would have learned from the lagfest that was the original subterrane with devils and orthons lagging the entire instance with their timerless teleports. Why was this mob not changed?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

We tried the huddling in the corner method on an EE run and he phased out of the room - never to return. Opened an in game help ticket and was told it could not be fixed - our only option was to restart the quest.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

The only annoying part of his blinking is lag. Everything else is just pen and paper like for a pit fiend level demon (or whatever he is).

He's the best boss ever. Just throw down a blade barrier and watch the suicide.
    Lysol, Winner of the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Just remove his ability to teleport. It causes more problems than the flavor and lore factor that is supposedly adds. This fight is not difficult because the boss is difficult, but because of the way he's bugged. Remove the bug at it's source and bump his hp a bit if necessary to compensate. I would have thought the devs would have learned from the lagfest that was the original subterrane with devils and orthons lagging the entire instance with their timerless teleports. Why was this mob not changed?
    I suspect he's actually a giant costumed Kobold that hallucinates the characters are boxes. Devils & Orathons seem to do their thing all throuout that quest without issue. I think it has less to do with the blink and more to do with agro assignment/acquisition - hence why he's so much less problematic when solo w/o hires.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 01-06-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wongar View Post
    We tried the huddling in the corner method on an EE run and he phased out of the room - never to return. Opened an in game help ticket and was told it could not be fixed - our only option was to restart the quest.
    Just going on a guess here: did you pick a corner on the door side of the room? I've always gone to the opposite wall in anticipation of exactly that.

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    The only annoying part of his blinking is lag. Everything else is just pen and paper like for a pit fiend level demon (or whatever he is).
    If at least that was fixed... I'd live with the rest

Not like he is hard to kill or anything, just annoying as hell.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

That's just his special attack: game crippling lag. The devs can't remove that, it's all he's got.

Here's a little known fact: Baktor is a distant relative of Eternity, also known as the lag dragon from the Mabar festival. It runs in the family.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Blinky Bill.

Strange, solo'd it on EE tonight and noticed . . . he doesn't freak out when you solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Strange, solo'd it on EE tonight and noticed . . . he doesn't freak out when you solo.
    maybe cause hes got only one thing to aggro on? just like how the mass invis would work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast