Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    Does Phosper have any light based replacements at cap? That is one thing holding me back as I already have caster light builds and I wanted to get Light based melee as well with Celestia(s) and MorningLords seem to lose much of their synergies when they aren't using Heavy Maces.
    Hmm, T3 Mournlode Warhammer seems the best bet here. Righteous, Brilliance, Blinding Flash (blind on a 20, no save), Radiant Blast, and a colourless and red augment slots.
    Takes a bit of Cannith challenge grinding though.

'Course, there's nothing saying a Morninglord can't use twin Celestias either. Then again, a STR-based build, be it Morninglord, HE, or whatever, does lose the nice saves on Divine Wrath, meaning it's only ever going to hit for half damage. But if you're using it mostly for the AoE healing, then it's a non-issue I suppose.
    *edit* - it also makes the UMD check on Celestia harder to hit I suppose. Not impossible, but definitely harder. Might have to twist in Fatesinger's Lucidity, which is a lot of work to get to that fate if you haven't unlocked the martials.
    Last edited by Aerendil; 01-26-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendil View Post
    Regarding EE, gimme a little bit to tweak this build and I'll see how it performs. Right now he's struggling with EH, which scares me a little. My guess is the pure FvS or 18/2 setups would work so much better in EE. The 12/6/2 setup has a lower SP pool, no real raid healing possible, no evasion, and good - but not stellar - saves (though I could have gone /2 PAL instead of FTR for that, but needed the feats!).

...Once I get this guy slightly better equipped, I'll be testing grouping and raiding scenerios.

As for EE, I wonder if Morninglord might not be the better option if splashing /2 PAL or MNK. Stat config would have to be reworked, going STR-based instead of CHA, but you get Rejuvenation of Dawn x 2 per rest (same as Unyielding Sovereignty as far as I can tell), Blessing of Amaunator, Arcanum (+3 spell pen is always nice for if/when you really want to cast), +30 light spell power (very nice), and if you have the APs (which you probably won't), Aura of Radiance and the Sunburst SLA are nice. So if you're moreso concerned about being the debuffer for the rest of the raid, and less about your personal dps, this seems like the way to go - especially as the increased light spellpower means a slightly more damaging Archon, as well as your searing lights, avenging lights, and sun bolt SLA (if applicable); although a slightly lower Divine Wrath and Divine Vessel save. ...
    Hmm, T3 Mournlode Warhammer seems the best bet here. Righteous, Brilliance, Blinding Flash (blind on a 20, no save), Radiant Blast, and a colourless and red augment slots.
    Takes a bit of Cannith challenge grinding though.

Course, there's nothing saying a Morninglord can't use twin Celestias either. Then again, a STR-based build, be it Morninglord, HE, or whatever, does lose the nice saves on Divine Wrath, meaning it's only ever going to hit for half damage. But if you're using it mostly for the AoE healing, then it's a non-issue I suppose.
    *edit* - it also makes the UMD check on Celestia harder to hit I suppose. Not impossible, but definitely harder. Might have to twist in Fatesinger's Lucidity, which is a lot of work to get to that fate if you haven't unlocked the martials.
    It is great that Celestias fit the theme and getting 200% damage while breaking all DR is great but hard to fit in while in Exalted Angel due to Blessed Blades ruining Celestias ability to break all DR (unless you are True-Nuetral)...

I also agree with you that to me, the optimum builds for my thinking that I have come across thus far have 18+ FvS as they can give the Raid the full +100%/+50% and work in some DPS while still being able to strongly AoE Heal the Raid via both AoE Divine-Wraths (DW) & AoE Ameliorating-Strikes (AS) supplemented with AoE Mass-Heals if/when needed. Since both DW & AS are based on character level instead of Divine class level other combinations can also do quite a bit but will likely have less overall healing and light power making the synergies less spectacular but likely still helpful/viable.

With those thoughts in mind I keep coming back to the follow alignment/race/class combinations as optimal at least for my play-style/thinking:

- True Neutral Half-Elf 18-FvS/2-Rogue with Paladin Dilettante (Str>Con>Cha): Good saves, Heal-Amp, Evasion, UMD class skill, can dual wield Celestias to break all DR and/or Frost-Bites (or other Scimitars with Deity bonuses); Con: APs are tight and even after investing in Paladin Dilettante the saves may not be high enough;

- Lawful Good Half-Elf 18-FvS/2-Paladin with Monk? Dilettante (Str>Con>Cha): Great saves, Heal-Amp, can dual wield Frost-Bites (or other Scimitars with Deity bonuses);

- Lawful Good Human 18-FvS/2-Paladin (Str>Con>Cha): Great saves, Heal-Amp, can dual wield Frost-Bites and then switch to other weapons;

- Lawful Good PDK 18-FvS/2-Paladin (Cha>Con): Highest saves, High UMD, Heal-Amp, may not be able to hit with Frost-Bites as they are not PDK weapons; Can LR and go Str>Con>Cha and basically be human if desired...

- Lawful Good Morning-Lord 18-FvS/2-Paladin (Str>Con>Cha): Great saves, can dual wield Frost-Bites and then switch to other weapons; More Light synergy; No Heal-amp & -2 Con;

EDIT: Speaking of 18+FvSs, you may want to review this thread with a fully fleshed out & proven at cap build (I am only level 26 XP wise on my build and still grinding fate points) with minor tweaks denoted at the end:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ope-Melee-Soul

Very interested how things go for you now that you have your T6 DW and AS as a 12 FvS / 6 Rng / 2 Ftr (or 2 Pal) as you may still be able to pull off some strong AoE healing while doing DPS. For even more melee and less light/healing focus something like 8-Ftr/6-Monk/6-FvS per this thread may work: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-Divine-Vesel (centered long-swords with TRF Tinahs but that isn't really my type of build).
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-27-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Default T5 henshin

Does the T5 henshin mystic ability , Shadow can not exist without light count as a light based spell?

Quote Originally Posted by galei View Post
    Does the T5 henshin mystic ability , Shadow can not exist without light count as a light based spell?
    ... One idea I had to mitigate it, and in keeping with the "Light theme", is to run a "Light monk +100% Damage build" and do that move that gives everyone stun immunity for 60secs so I can run with Excoriate and I also would try to work in that T5 monk move that lets me stack 10d6 Light damage per tick as with ~+100% that will be ~20d6 of Light damage on top of any Divine Punishments... I don't have much experience with Monks but I like the idea looking at their trees and studying the ddowiki ...
    I was curious also when studying the trees awhile back but unfortunately my only active character with high enough monk levels (12F/6M/2P) has only maxed out ED:LD & ED:FotW thus far and is only on Tier3 ED:GMoF so I have a ways to go to move to ED:US and then ED:EA to do any testing with ED:EA. If/when I get there I will try to remember to report back but that may be awhile...

I thought some about doing a +100%/50% Light Monk/Henshin build... FvS has a lot of focus on Light, Fire, & Physical damage so I was curious how a Henshin Fire/Force/Light focused 5+ monk splash with FvS would look but my lack of play experience with both hand-wraps & quarterstaves hampers my ability to fully envision too far. Divine Wrath, Ameliorating Strike, & Divine Vessel are based upon character levels so there may be something there even without too many FvSoC levels. My concerns were that Healing, Light, Fire, & Force are a lot of things to have maxed and that APs would be very tight too go deep into Henshin, AoV, & War-priest. AS favors TWF so I felt like quarterstaves didn't have as much synergy Henshin seems to favor quarterstaves over hand-wraps... I hope the ddowiki is wrong but it appears that "Shadows Cannot Exist Without Light" "Requires Path of Inevitable Dominion" which seemed to conflict with the Light Monk theme... That is as that was as far as I got in my research...

My gut after all of that was that maybe it would be better to just have a Henshin build that benefits from someone else running the +100%/50% damage de-buffs and be one of the 10 DPS in the Raid to benefit... It may make sense to have some pure DPS builds posted that get the most out of this build being in the Raid as you only need one to give everyone +100%/50% DPS... Imagine 9+ 12F/6M/2P TWF Celestia builds in a raid getting +100% damage (or mix in other DPS including a Henshin)...

If you have particular thoughts on a build please post it and I and I suspect others will give you what feedback they can... Even better build one share what you find out play testing...
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-27-2014 at 12:12 AM.

Community Member

Not sure if you noted, but AA shock arrows can also stack vulnerable (on crit) with Improved Elemental Arrows (AA tier 5). Although warpriest will stack it faster initially (main+offhand = (1d4+3) x2 = 11), an AA can AOE stack it with IPS and likely get more stacks within 15 secs with 10k or manyshot.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Quote Originally Posted by emptysands View Post
    Not sure if you noted, but AA shock arrows can also stack vulnerable (on crit) with Improved Elemental Arrows (AA tier 5). Although warpriest will stack it faster initially (main+offhand = (1d4+3) x2 = 11), an AA can AOE stack it with IPS and likely get more stacks within 15 secs with 10k or manyshot.
    Unfortunately, it's not (1d4+3) x 2 anymore. It's just 1d4+3.
    Also, regarding AA, that's only *on crit*. So aside from FoTW auto-crits, I'm not sure how viable that'll be. But good suggestion though.

The only really viable way seems to be via the Frostbite blades. Which any TWF melee can use, really.

Also, regarding AA, that's only *on crit*. So aside from FoTW auto-crits, I'm not sure how viable that'll be. But good suggestion though.

The only really viable way seems to be via the Frostbite blades. Which any TWF melee can use, really.
    Good to know Emptysands and I will try to add that at the top of the thread with the Air Savant vulnerable... Technically many people in the Raid could help to maintain these de-buff counters but my idea was to try put all of it in one strategy (via multiple builds) to massively boost everyone else in the Raid...

I believe Aerendil is correct that sadly they nerfed it for TWFs... Technically I believe via 1-2 Frost-Bites one could maintain the Vulnerable stacks without any other abilities but it may be better to just initially use a pair of FrostBites to quickly max the de-buffs and then maintain them via other methods (like smites, etc) allowing the use of higher DPS weapons by the de-buffer.
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-27-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Community Member

I find as an AA it stacks fast enough. The additional arrows from 10k and manyshot give you more crit chances.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

I find as an AA it stacks fast enough. The additional arrows from 10k and manyshot give you more crit chances.
    Being able to apply this de-buff from range certainly would help from a survivability standpoint... Wouldn't be upfront giving mana-free dual-proc AS but could still help by casting Divine Wrath on the boss healing everyone around it. Also benefits from arrows giving mana free DPS... May be easier to work in than trying to mix FvS AoV and Sorc Air Savant for a ranged +100%/50% variant...

If you want to take a stab at a ranged +100%/50% variant that uses the T5 AA please feel free and post it and I, and I suspect others, will try to help/improve... It you arrive a build that seems viable I will be happy to give you credit and add it as another Variant build that, by itself, gives all the +100% de-buffs (though at range which is safer).

Assuming you would use the CoR to give the SoC to a Tank the build would have to be at least level 4 FvS but could do the rest in Ranger/Monk/etc... That being said it could also be up to 20FvS or 18FvS/2P (or anything in between 4-20 FvS) and get the AA via the Elf tree (or maybe even Half-Elf if the APs can work). It would have to be in ED:EA to get the rebuke de-buffs but may work better/safer than the options I originally came up with... At 12+ FvS an ED:EA AA could get all the light counters it would need from the Archon and just keeping the Renewal SLA HoT on yourself could keep the healing counters maxed giving quite a bit of time to do ranged damage and just cast Divine Wrath when off Cool-Down. Now I am curious how much sustained DPS one would get from 200% Divine Wraths plus 200% Divine Punishment plus mana-free ranged bow... Could be very interesting if Arrows count as physical attacks and each arrow can get +100 Light damage for 2 minutes after being 'Reborn in the Light'... If that works I wonder what that would look like in a Many-Shot with +100 light damage per hit...
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-27-2014 at 08:00 PM.

I wonder what that would look like in a Many-Shot with +100 light damage per hit...
    Sadly, less than the Furyshot builds still :/ If they had a bow that did light damage, however.....oooh, that'd be fun

And speaking of Ranger stuff, I'm somewhat off the 12/6/2 split after some testing. Reason being the APs are way too tight. If I want T5 Warpriest, as well as Crown from AoV (T4) that takes up about 95% of my APs, leaving very little (if any at all) room for Tempest (10% offhand requires 5 AP invested I think, plus 1 for the core ability - which may be 6 AP you don't have). And if you skimp on that, then really you've just splashed 6 levels for Ram's Might, a few free TWF feats, and Manyshot which you probably won't use because without some useful investments in archery your Avenging Lights and Searing Light/Sunbolt/etc. will be doing way more damage, especially as you can debuff your own damage type.

Aiming to rebuild my char, just not sure if I want 18 FvS / 2 Ftr (haste boost + feats!), or 18 FvS / 2 Clr (call me crazy), or pure 20 for the capstones. Also torn between Morninglord (better light damage and some nice racial buffs/heals) or PDK as I have dual celestias, and most of the Exalted Angel stuff can use either WIS or CHA as their save mods which is nice. Not that the build was horrible; I found once I flushed him out a bit I could handle old-world EHs with no problem at all. It's just that EEs gave him a problem, and I didn't even want to try to tackle Stormhorns. Plus I effectively had a 6 level splash for 2 free feats: something Monk or Fighter are so much more effective at.

Also noteworthy: playing around with Celestias, I found them to be the proverbial double-edged sword. When an enemy was debufed, or if I got string of procs (especially on packs of trash mobs), dps was fantastic. On a non-debuffed enemy, or without procs, dps was mediocre at best and I was better off using Avenging Light for 3 Sp a pop. Especially as I couldn't really boost them in any way without fear of breaking the DR.

Sadly, less than the Furyshot builds still :/ If they had a bow that did light damage, however.....oooh, that'd be fun

And speaking of Ranger stuff, I'm somewhat off the 12/6/2 split after some testing. Reason being the APs are way too tight. If I want T5 Warpriest, as well as Crown from AoV (T4) that takes up about 95% of my APs, leaving very little (if any at all) room for Tempest (10% offhand requires 5 AP invested I think, plus 1 for the core ability - which may be 6 AP you don't have). And if you skimp on that, then really you've just splashed 6 levels for Ram's Might, a few free TWF feats, and Manyshot which you probably won't use because without some useful investments in archery your Avenging Lights and Searing Light/Sunbolt/etc. will be doing way more damage, especially as you can debuff your own damage type.

Aiming to rebuild my char, just not sure if I want 18 FvS / 2 Ftr (haste boost + feats!), or 18 FvS / 2 Clr (call me crazy), or pure 20 for the capstones. Also torn between Morninglord (better light damage and some nice racial buffs/heals) or PDK as I have dual celestias, and most of the Exalted Angel stuff can use either WIS or CHA as their save mods which is nice. Not that the build was horrible; I found once I flushed him out a bit I could handle old-world EHs with no problem at all. It's just that EEs gave him a problem, and I didn't even want to try to tackle Stormhorns. Plus I effectively had a 6 level splash for 2 free feats: something Monk or Fighter are so much more effective at.

Also noteworthy: playing around with Celestias, I found them to be the proverbial double-edged sword. When an enemy was debufed, or if I got string of procs (especially on packs of trash mobs), dps was fantastic. On a non-debuffed enemy, or without procs, dps was mediocre at best and I was better off using Avenging Light for 3 Sp a pop. Especially as I couldn't really boost them in any way without fear of breaking the DR.
    Very interested in what you end up on. At this point due to limited time, I likely will continue with the following to cap (fairly slowly due to limited play time):

-+100% build: Currently level 24 but almost 26 XP wise: 20FvS PDK (Char>Con) that likely will LR+2 into 18FvS/2P at cap if I find I am too squishy and failing saving throws while trying to pull off the debuffs;

- Max "Light" DPS build: Currently level 24 but almost 26 XP wise:12F/6M/2P BF TWF with dual Celestias (LD or FotW in Raids); This character is pure DPS and will not be doing any of the de-buffs (just benefiting from them to see how high the DPS can go);

- "Light" Tank build: Currently level 24 but almost 26 XP wise: 13Cleric/6Paladin/1Fighter PDK (Char>Con) with Celestia as a Bastard Sword & Board (with THF benefits) with self-healing & max saves Initimidate & US with Momentum Swing+ Twist; This character is pure Tank and will not be doing any of the de-buffs directly except receive the SoC from CoR (just keep agro via intimidate & intolerant blow DPS to make sure the boss gets de-buffed);

I actually have 6 accounts and if my kids are not on then I leave 5 at the door and play one to solo the dungeon so I will actually continue leveling 6 but the other 3 characters aren't really particularly synergistic with this thread/strategy...

In hindsight I think I will wish my PDK 20FvS was a HE but it should be pretty good none the less (I really like the capstone & hope I don't need to splash Paladin for the saves); EDIT: It bites that they nerfed the TWF Vulnerable stacks and on this particular build I will have a hard time hitting with Frostbites unless I LR from Cha>Con to Str>Con>Cha since PDK Charisma to hit/damage does not work on scimitars. In hindsight HE Str>Con>Cha is likely the perfect build as it switch between TWF Frost-Bites & other scimitars or Celestia with no to hit problems (yet get racial/diety warpriest righteous benefits on scimitars). That and HEs can shore up saves with a Paladin Dilettante yet still be True Neutral to be able to still break all DR in ED:EA while TWF Celestia.

I am also not sure converting a "Cetus" BF THF to TWF with dual Celestia will end up being the best dual Celestia DPS build but it is a strong proven build and the best DPS character that I have now in the epic levels... Maybe something like a TWF Rogue or Ranger with dual Celestias may be better but my BF is already almost 26 and I don't have the time to start over...

Let us know where you land and I will try to keep everyone updated on my progress/testing as well.
    Last edited by Nodoze; 02-01-2014 at 10:18 AM.

I am also not sure converting a "Cetus" BF THF to TWF with dual Celestia will end up being the best dual Celestia DPS build but it is a strong proven build and the best DPS option that I have now... Maybe something like a TWF Rogue or Ranger with dual Celestias may be better but my BF is already almost 26 and I don't have the time to start over...

Let us know where you land and I will try to keep everyone updated on my progress/testing as well.
    Yeah, the TWF Rogue I'm not convinced about. It would be fantastic with the blinds and constant SA dmg, but most Rogues can already achieve that reliably with an improvement deception item and/or Shadowdancer's endline ability. And the damage profile on twin Agonies is ridiculous, so it would only be the rare occasion where DR is a factor that Celestias would win out.

TWF Ranger, on the other hand, might be a viable alternative - if you could ever convince a Ranger to not use Khopeshes or Scimitars :/

We'll see. I'm going to hold off on the TR I think until Divine Avenger is fleshed out a bit more. It looks quite good, especially combined with Warpriest. Warpriest's Divine Vessel (fire/light dmg, no save IIRC), combined with the line's inherent +fire/light spellpower, combined with Flames of Purity (+30 Fire spellpower) and Celestial Bombardment, may be pretty impressive. Combined with the base +6 dmg and improved crit threat range, this could be quite nice, although you do give up an awful lot of self-heals via Exalted Angel (Renewal and Divine Wrath).

Hmm, tough call.

Regarding EE, gimme a little bit to tweak this build and I'll see how it performs. Right now he's struggling with EH, which scares me a little. My guess is the pure FvS or 18/2 setups would work so much better in EE. The 12/6/2 setup has a lower SP pool, no real raid healing possible, no evasion, and good - but not stellar - saves (though I could have gone /2 PAL instead of FTR for that, but needed the feats!).

Regarding T6, I capped Exalted Angel last night but didn't get a chance to try it out. I did notice, however, that solo Ascendency was my best bet against red names. Even with Reborn in Light kicking in (which would have rocked), the "light damage on vorpal" was really making a difference. Each vorpal was 300-400ish light damage, so a few of those a minute is a free 1000+dmg (more if the boss is debuffed via Condemnation). Reborn would just be that much over the top that you'd be handling things much easier. But again, these were from a solo standpoint. Once I get this guy slightly better equipped, I'll be testing grouping and raiding scenerios.

As for EE, I wonder if ...
    I have been duo-ing with my kid on the PDK FvS20 EH build while grinding PDK Favor on EH (& some EE) and it has been dieing quite a bit... To be fair we have a full 6 man party (I multibox 5-6 accounts) with 4 "pikers" at the door as I can only play one account effectively at a time so the dungeon scaling may be an unrealistic factor but still I would like to have a variant which is more survivable with minimal grinding...

I also wanted to see if I could put a 1st lifer together that could try these tactics with minimal grinding investment so that people could easily try this in Raids without a ton of effort...

Toward those ends I put together the following build:

-Build: The DeBuffer: Maximizes EE Team Boss DPS & AoE Heals (1st life grind-friendly variant): Displacement Dragonmarked Elf Fvs12/Monk6/Paladin2 TWF with multiple debuffer weapons and highly survivable 1st lifer with little or no grinding (50% Conceal, 25% Incorp, 5% Miss, saves, heals, etc).

Note that I purposefully restricted myself to no or minimal tomes on the above build but in reality my version will likely have better tomes and may be a TR... For the heck of it I may try it on a 1st lifer with only a +1 just to see how viable it really is before LRing or TRing it...

Likely that would be a good first life to go with until you grind your displacement clickies and then you could TR and use the 12 Elf Racial AP differently...

Lastly, I updated post #8 above to be able to list links to other threads with builds using these tactics/strategies. At some point I may do one or more +100% builds that does a subset of the debuffs from range instead (if no one beats me to them).

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    ... The other option/idea I'm toying with is to go the other extreme and go all out light offense (no physical, no fire). This would be a 12 FVS/6 Cleric/2 monk. Why the weird split? 12 FVS for archon for easy light charges. 6 cleric gets the light SLAs as well as sunbolt (great spell). 2 Monk adds a lot of defense with good saves, dodge and a little speed increase. This option would give up raid healing. I'm stumped on what race. Elf for displacement would be great, bladeforged would be an option if I swap pally for monk and would let me pick up blade barrier instead of heal. Morninglord gets an extra light SLA. My gut feel is that displacement would help more in EE, but I'm not sure the AP is there to get everything. Divine disciple would need go to teir 4 while AoV would go to Teir 5 to get the extra caster levels... not much left over. ED twists would be to boost saves. I threw together a morninglord test toon as was able to solo elite cry for help while goofing around giant hold. This might have some potential, but it is an all or nothing gamble... The frankensplit would give up everything other than light offense and survival. Tf it can't do EE then NovaSoul is a better build that can also raid heal. Next time Laminia is up, I may test this out.

I did find one interesting bug with just my first run. A level 6 Cleric/9 FVS was casting sun bolt at level 12. I'm not sure if it was using the FVS caster level, or applying the AOV level boost twice.
    Ancient,

Maddock, one of the requesters in the 'Request-a-Build-Get-a-Build' thread was requesting a build similar to your idea.

If you have fleshed your idea out any further and can take the time to share he and others may appreciate it.

Community Member

THIS!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...triker-s-build

It is easy to move one point to smite weakness, and now you have an EE capable build that also can serve as a damage buffer for raids. I just finished testing it, and while I would tweak Ghostriker's build a little the general concept is right on the money.

Community Member

THIS!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...triker-s-build

It is easy to move one point to smite weakness, and now you have an EE capable build that also can serve as a damage buffer for raids. I just finished testing it, and while I would tweak Ghostriker's build a little the general concept is right on the money.
    May I ask you to perhaps post/message me the build with your tweaks? I only have 32point builds right now. I looked at the Ghoststriker build but it requires past lifes and +5 tomes. Both of which I do not have. If you could post a modified build that would at least accomplish the "Smite everything forever" part of the build then I would be very thankful. Also I am kinda bad at reading peoples builds the way he has it set up (ie. I only really know how to read then when they are made in the ddo character planner or at least in a similar format.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maddock View Post
    May I ask you to perhaps post/message me the build with your tweaks? I only have 32point builds right now. I looked at the Ghoststriker build but it requires past lifes and +5 tomes. Both of which I do not have. If you could post a modified build that would at least accomplish the "Smite everything forever" part of the build then I would be very thankful. Also I am kinda bad at reading peoples builds the way he has it set up (ie. I only really know how to read then when they are made in the ddo character planner or at least in a similar format.)
    I posted the initial stats and description of my thoughts over in Ghoststrikers thread. I probably need to update my NovaSoul thread because it was directed more at first life type builds where Ghoststriker's character is a long way from being a first life toon. Life is keeping me busy however, and it may be quite a while before any NovaSoul updates happen. PM me if you have questions and I'll do my best to help.

I posted the initial stats and description of my thoughts over in Ghoststrikers thread. I probably need to update my NovaSoul thread because it was directed more at first life type builds where Ghoststriker's character is a long way from being a first life toon. Life is keeping me busy however, and it may be quite a while before any NovaSoul updates happen. PM me if you have questions and I'll do my best to help.
    Thanks for helping Maddock and good catch on the "4. Moving one more point into the war priest tree to get smite weakness has a huge payback in raids." as I was going to mention that if you didn't. In my play testing it takes awhile to build up the vulnerables (now that they nerfed TWF dual-procs) so if possible I would add at least one FrostBite in the opening seconds to build up stacks fast then switch to whatever weapon(s) to maintain with smites. You should be able to UMD proficeincy for a Frostbite and any version should do.

I was/am still interested in the Cleric/FvS splashing with divine disciple for the tons of light SLAs and crits/spell-points and the resulting caster levels as there may be something there. Also interesting to see dropping below 18Fvs & losing access to L9 spells. I guess as long as FvS stays at 12+ you still have the Archon & the full Heal spell if you want it.

Good to see you getting excited about EE divines (especially light based) again.
    Last edited by Nodoze; 02-08-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Community Member

After some thought on how I went about my last build I decided to go back to the drawing board and force monk into the build for improved living ability. I also went with the suggested Half-Elf race so I can dilly in pally for all that sexy sexy save boosting. Also iwas thinking about going with the Exalted Angel Destiny, but the ddo char gen keeps crashing when I try to mess with it So here it is. My revised SUNLORD build, Now with the recommended healthy levels of Monk that Moms want and kids love!

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 28 Lawful Good Half-Elf Male
    (2 Monk \ 6 Cleric \ 12 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 336
    Spell Points: 2423 
    BAB: 14\14\19\24
    Fortitude: 22
    Reflex: 18
    Will: 19

Starting            Ending          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 28)           (Level 28)
    Strength              8                  8                    8
    Dexterity            12                 13                   13
    Constitution         14                 14                   14
    Intelligence         14                 14                   14
    Wisdom                8                  8                    8
    Charisma             18                 25                   29

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3

Base Skills        Base Skills        Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)          (Level 28)          (Level 28)
    Balance               1                  1                    9
    Bluff                 4                  9                   17
    Concentration         6                 19                   27
    Diplomacy             8                 32                   40
    Disable Device        n/a               n/a                  n/a
    Haggle                4                  9                   17
    Heal                  3                 20                   28
    Hide                  1                  1                    9
    Intimidate            4                  9                   17
    Jump                 -1                 10                   18
    Listen               -1                 -1                    7
    Move Silently         1                  1                    9
    Open Lock             n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Perform               n/a               n/a                  n/a
    Repair                2                  2                   10
    Search                2                  2                   10
    Spellcraft            6                 24                   32
    Spot                 -1                 -1                    7
    Swim                 -1                 -1                    7
    Tumble                n/a                2                   10
    Use Magic Device      n/a               n/a                  n/a

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+4)
    Skill: Heal (+4)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+4)
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Undying Court
    Feat: (Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Paladin
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
    Feat: (Automatic) Attack
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Keen Senses
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Mixed Heritage
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Social Graces (ALL)
    Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
    Feat: (Automatic) Immunity to Sleep
    Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Magical Training
    Feat: (Automatic) Medium Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Shield Proficiency (General)
    Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Sneak
    Spell (1): Nightshield
    Spell (1): Divine Favor
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Font of Power (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 3)

Level 2 (Cleric)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Turn Undead
    Spell (1): Bane
    Spell (1): Bless
    Spell (1): Cause Fear
    Spell (1): Command
    Spell (1): Cure Light Wounds
    Spell (1): Doom
    Spell (1): Inflict Light Wounds
    Spell (1): Nimbus of Light
    Spell (1): Obscuring Mist
    Spell (1): Protection from Evil
    Spell (1): Remove Fear
    Spell (1): Shield of Faith
    Spell (1): Summon Monster I
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Emissary of Light (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Nimbus of Light (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Nimbus of Light (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Nimbus of Light (Rank 3)

Level 3 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
    Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
    Feat: (Automatic) Trip
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Smiting (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spell Critical: Light (Rank 1)

Level 4 (Favored Soul)
    Ability Raise: CHA
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Animus (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Animus (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Animus (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Light (Rank 1)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Child of the Undying Court
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Shield of Condemnation (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Light (Rank 2)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
    Spell (2): Eagle's Splendor
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Light (Rank 3)

Level 7 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Fire
    Feat: (Automatic) Improved Heroic Durability
    Spell (2): Deific Vengeance

Level 8 (Monk)
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Skill: Jump (+2)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Dodge
    Feat: (Automatic) AC Bonus
    Feat: (Automatic) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Kama
    Feat: (Automatic) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Shuriken
    Feat: (Automatic) Finishing Moves
    Feat: (Automatic) Flurry of Blows
    Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency: Handaxe
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Air
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Fire
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Earth
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Water
    Feat: (Automatic) Unarmed Strike
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Charisma (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Universal (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Universal (Rank 2)

Level 9 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Adept of Forms
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Mobility
    Feat: (Automatic) Evasion
    Feat: (Automatic) Meditation
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Half-Elven Versatile Nature (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Human Adaptability: Charisma (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Universal (Rank 3)

Level 10 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Undying Call
    Spell (3): Magic Circle Against Evil
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Aura of Menace (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Crown of Retribution (Rank 1)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)
    Spell (3): Prayer
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Improved Dilettante (Paladin) (Rank 1)

Level 12 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell
    Spell (2): Aid
    Spell (2): Bear's Endurance
    Spell (2): Bull's Strength
    Spell (2): Close Wounds
    Spell (2): Cure Moderate Wounds
    Spell (2): Find Traps
    Spell (2): Hold Person
    Spell (2): Inflict Moderate Wounds
    Spell (2): Lesser Restoration
    Spell (2): Owl's Wisdom
    Spell (2): Remove Paralysis
    Spell (2): Resist Energy
    Spell (2): Seek Eternal Rest
    Spell (2): Soundburst
    Spell (2): Spawn Screen
    Spell (2): Summon Monster II
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Searing Light (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Searing Light (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Searing Light (Rank 3)

Level 13 (Cleric)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 1)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)
    Spell (4): Freedom of Movement
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Sacred Defense (Rank 1)

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness
    Spell (4): Shield of Faith, Mass
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 2)

Level 16 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Electricity
    Spell (5): Divine Punishment
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Evocation Focus (Rank 1)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)
    Spell (5): Raise Dead
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Lesser Divine Health (Rank 1)

Level 18 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
    Spell (3): Aid, Mass
    Spell (3): Bestow Curse
    Spell (3): Blindness
    Spell (3): Contagion
    Spell (3): Cure Serious Wounds
    Spell (3): Dispel Magic
    Spell (3): Glyph of Warding
    Spell (3): Inflict Serious Wounds
    Spell (3): Protection from Energy
    Spell (3): Remove Blindness
    Spell (3): Remove Curse
    Spell (3): Remove Disease
    Spell (3): Searing Light
    Spell (3): Summon Monster III
    Spell (3): Water Breathing
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Arcanum (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Dilettante: Charisma (Rank 1)

Level 19 (Cleric)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Sun Bolt (Rank 1)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Beloved of the Undying Court
    Spell (6): Heal
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Summon Archon (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Zealous Faith (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Zealous Faith (Rank 2)

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Mental Toughness

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Bulwark of Defense

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Light

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Damage Reduction

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Hellball
    please advise.
    Last edited by Maddock; 02-11-2014 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Maddock View Post
    After some thought on how I went about my last build I decided to go back to the drawing board and force monk into the build for improved living ability. I also went with the suggested Half-Elf race so I can dilly in pally for all that sexy sexy save boosting. Also iwas thinking about going with the Exalted Angel Destiny, but the ddo char gen keeps crashing when I try to mess with it So here it is. My revised SUNLORD build, Now with the recommended healthy levels of Monk that Moms want and kids love!

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 28 Lawful Good Half-Elf Male
    (2 Monk \ 6 Cleric \ 12 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 336
    Spell Points: 2423 
    BAB: 14\14\19\24
    Fortitude: 22
    Reflex: 18
    Will: 19

Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats         Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 28)           (Level 28)
    Strength              8                  8                    8
    Dexterity            12                 13                   13
    Constitution         14                 14                   14
    Intelligence         14                 14                   14
    Wisdom                8                  8                    8
    Charisma             18                 25                   29

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3

Base Skills        Base Skills        Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)          (Level 28)          (Level 28)
    Balance               1                  1                    9
    Bluff                 4                  9                   17
    Concentration         6                 19                   27
    Diplomacy             8                 32                   40
    Disable Device        n/a               n/a                  n/a
    Haggle                4                  9                   17
    Heal                  3                 20                   28
    Hide                  1                  1                    9
    Intimidate            4                  9                   17
    Jump                 -1                 10                   18
    Listen               -1                 -1                    7
    Move Silently         1                  1                    9
    Open Lock             n/a               n/a                   n/a
    Perform               n/a               n/a                  n/a
    Repair                2                  2                   10
    Search                2                  2                   10
    Spellcraft            6                 24                   32
    Spot                 -1                 -1                    7
    Swim                 -1                 -1                    7
    Tumble                n/a                2                   10
    Use Magic Device      n/a               n/a                  n/a

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+4)
    Skill: Heal (+4)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+4)
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Undying Court
    Feat: (Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Paladin
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
    Feat: (Automatic) Attack
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Keen Senses
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Mixed Heritage
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Social Graces (ALL)
    Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
    Feat: (Automatic) Immunity to Sleep
    Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Magical Training
    Feat: (Automatic) Medium Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Shield Proficiency (General)
    Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Sneak
    Spell (1): Nightshield
    Spell (1): Divine Favor

Level 2 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Turn Undead
    Spell (1): Bane
    Spell (1): Bless
    Spell (1): Cause Fear
    Spell (1): Command
    Spell (1): Cure Light Wounds
    Spell (1): Doom
    Spell (1): Inflict Light Wounds
    Spell (1): Nimbus of Light
    Spell (1): Obscuring Mist
    Spell (1): Protection from Evil
    Spell (1): Remove Fear
    Spell (1): Shield of Faith
    Spell (1): Summon Monster I

Level 3 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
    Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
    Feat: (Automatic) Trip

Level 4 (Favored Soul)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Animus (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Animus (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Animus (Rank 3)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Child of the Undying Court

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
    Spell (2): Eagle's Splendor

Level 7 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Fire
    Feat: (Automatic) Improved Heroic Durability
    Spell (2): Deific Vengeance

Level 8 (Monk)
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Dodge
    Feat: (Automatic) AC Bonus
    Feat: (Automatic) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Kama
    Feat: (Automatic) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Shuriken
    Feat: (Automatic) Finishing Moves
    Feat: (Automatic) Flurry of Blows
    Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency: Handaxe
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Air
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Fire
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Earth
    Feat: (Automatic) The Way of Water
    Feat: (Automatic) Unarmed Strike

Level 9 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Adept of Forms
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Mobility
    Feat: (Automatic) Evasion
    Feat: (Automatic) Meditation

Level 10 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Undying Call
    Spell (3): Magic Circle Against Evil

Level 11 (Favored Soul)
    Spell (3): Prayer

Level 12 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell
    Spell (2): Aid
    Spell (2): Bear's Endurance
    Spell (2): Bull's Strength
    Spell (2): Close Wounds
    Spell (2): Cure Moderate Wounds
    Spell (2): Find Traps
    Spell (2): Hold Person
    Spell (2): Inflict Moderate Wounds
    Spell (2): Lesser Restoration
    Spell (2): Owl's Wisdom
    Spell (2): Remove Paralysis
    Spell (2): Resist Energy
    Spell (2): Seek Eternal Rest
    Spell (2): Soundburst
    Spell (2): Spawn Screen
    Spell (2): Summon Monster II

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)
    Spell (4): Freedom of Movement

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness
    Spell (4): Shield of Faith, Mass

Level 16 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Electricity
    Spell (5): Divine Punishment
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Evocation Focus (Rank 1)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)
    Spell (5): Raise Dead
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Lesser Divine Health (Rank 1)

Level 18 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
    Spell (3): Aid, Mass
    Spell (3): Bestow Curse
    Spell (3): Blindness
    Spell (3): Contagion
    Spell (3): Cure Serious Wounds
    Spell (3): Dispel Magic
    Spell (3): Glyph of Warding
    Spell (3): Inflict Serious Wounds
    Spell (3): Protection from Energy
    Spell (3): Remove Blindness
    Spell (3): Remove Curse
    Spell (3): Remove Disease
    Spell (3): Searing Light
    Spell (3): Summon Monster III
    Spell (3): Water Breathing
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Arcanum (Rank 1)

Level 19 (Cleric)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Beloved of the Undying Court
    Spell (6): Heal

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Mental Toughness

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Bulwark of Defense

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Epic Spell Power: Light

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Damage Reduction

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Hellball
    please advise.
    I like the toung-in-cheek "Moms want and kids love!"... To me there are 5 types of content to build for including "EE-Solo-Viable", "EE-Group-Viable", "EH-5pikers-viable", "EH-Solo-Viable", & everything else (EH-Group-and-below-Viable)...

Note that that "EH-5pikers-viable" category is something I add as I generally solo on EH with upto 5 pikers as I typically have 6 accounts on a time with me only playing 1 actively (DDO isn't very muli-box friendly so I can effectively only play on 1 at a time) which makes for a fairly challenging experience due to the EH dungeon scaling for 6 people (with 5 back at the entrance piking) and some builds are much better than others with that many adds...

The GhostStriker build is a proven at least EE-Group-Viable build and at least for the originator is a EE-Solo-Viable build (not sure if he is a high twitch player)... The genesis of your build is a dual-divine-splash melding both DD light abilities from Cleric & AoV light abilities from FvS which some may call a Frankenstein-split or a Flavor-build and it is a light-offense gamble that hopefully will turn out well. The dual-divine-all-out-light-synergy idea obviously caught your fancy, and intrigued others including KookieKobold, dlsidhe, Ancient, myself, & likely others. I believe the good and well-meaning advice in the RaBGaB thread from others, including myself, were making assumptions you were focused on Epics and doing what they could toward making sure you were EE-Group-Viable...

That all being said in the end it is your build and what matters are your goals including your preferences on grouping and content... Feel absolutely free to go with what you want and if EH-Groups is your goal then Sun-Elf with +30 Light Spell Power & Sun-Burst SLA could well be a much-better/more-spectacular light show for groups... I personally don't care much about EE and if I were doing the build myself I may for flavor go Sun-Elf just to fit the theme better but I would also remember that the Elf lower constitution & lack of heal-amp plus mandatory 2 classes (FvS & Cleric) limit my ability to splash both Monk & Pladin for survivability in EE dungeons which would be fine for my typical goals...

Anyway, I don't want to be pushing you to something that doesn't fit your goals... I personally don't do EE-Solo so I won't speculate as to whether the build has a chance of being suited for that. If your goals do include being EE-Group-Viable then I think that the 2 Monk splash (assuming FvS & Cleric are staying) is the way to go assuming you can get your saves high enough which is why the HE race was mentioned. That does suck up AP but at least is an option for you later if you want/need the saves and otherwise the HE is second only to Humans (or PDK) in Heal-Amp... If your saves still aren't high enough as a HE then maybe a 2 Paladin splash would be better giving pretty much any race high saves (but Human/PDK or HE still have better Heal-Amp)... Good news is that LR+x is always an option which can fix pretty much everything except Race issues...

Regarding your latest iteration I have the following comments (EE-Group-Viable goal assumed):

• - Generally people do the class with the most skill points first at First Level as it gives you more overall skill points to work with. For example going Monk at Level 1 instead of FvS gives you 24 initial skill points to allocate instead of 16. Otherwise you can stagger the second monk level to level 8 or so with the assumption that if you really like the build over time you will eventually get a +2 Int tome and can LR to leverage the extra spell points... That being said you could also do Monk 2 earlier or later based upon how you plan to level...

• - Most people put 1 point in Tumble at level 1 so that you can use the skill later for situations that warrant it.

• - Your Int still seems kinda high but you are also going for lots of good skills so that may be OK. IIRC in the previous interation you had UMD but in this one you don't so I would maybe look at those closely again. I realize going from Human to HE you lose a point a level but to me UMD is great (especially on a Charisma build) so I would consider moving points from Jump and what not to UMD. Your build your choice...
    • - I think Dodge has a 13 Dex pre-req so I am not sure how you were able to select it in the planner without it going "red" indicating an invalid config. If I am right, to fit that in you can drop Cha by 1 to free up 3 points to give you 13 dex and throw 2 more to int and a +1 tome at level 3 should give you plenty of skill points if wanted (or throw on Con).

• - I noticed you have the adept of Forms feat. If you aren't familier with Monks I would read the "uncentered" page and monk weapon limitations. You aren't going to be able to hit much anyway due to low strength but being centered will affect what you can wield or dual-wield for spell casting.

• - Not sure what the "Undying Court" Diety Feats get you. You may get more mileage out of the "Sovereign Host" options. There is no way this build can be centered with Scimitars but you could with LongSwords if you really wanted to (2 feats: monk feat Whirling Steele Strike & its prereq) or Short Swords (for one AP) if you can't work in regular monk weapons.

I had trouble following your enhancements as they were spread out over multiple levels and in general I would do them in the planner at level 20 or 28 just to be able to look at them all together. I took a quick stab at them for what I would do for a light-based HE 12FvS/6C/2M going for high saves. I am not sure which T5s to take as I am not sure how the extra caster levels and max caster levels affect the light spells so some testing would be in order. Some initial thoughts (enhancements are easy to respec):

Level 28 (Epic)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Human Versatility: Saves Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Spell Power Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Spell Power Boost (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Spell Power Boost (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Holy Smite (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Holy Smite (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Empowerment (Rank 1)

I then stepped back and thought what if I thematically went pure Sun-Elf and max Light damage/SP. In that case you would be forced to start at Cleric (unless you LR+1) but then your saves may not be high enough to leverage monk so I splashed 2 paladin instead and came up with the following as a rough cut for enhancements:

Level 28 (Epic)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Elven Accuracy (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Bane of the Restless (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Bane of the Restless (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Bane of the Restless (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Morninglord Weapon Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Arcane Fluidity (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Arcanum (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Arcanum (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Light of the Sun God (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Light of the Sun God (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Morrninglord - Light of the Sun God (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Morninglord - Aura of Radiance (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Spell Power Boost (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Spell Power Boost (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Holy Smite (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Holy Smite (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Flame Strike (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Empowerment (Rank 1)

Lastly I thought that with the big investment in Charisma you & going 12Fvs/6Cleric/2Paladin that maybe you would be better off going PKG and being able to use the Charisma to hit/damge with swords (Celestia). Those enhancements looked like:

Level 28 (Epic)
    Enhancement: Purple Dragon Knight - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Purple Dragon Knight - Human Adaptability: Charisma (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Purple Dragon Knight - Human Versatility: Spell Power Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Purple Dragon Knight - Cormyrean Knight Training (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Purple Dragon Knight - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Purple Dragon Knight - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Purple Dragon Knight - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Purple Dragon Knight - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Purple Dragon Knight - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Purple Dragon Knight - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Articles of Faith (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Zealous Faith (Rank 3)

Lasly, your feats maybe could use some slight adjusting but I am too tired right now and a little frustrated as unfortunately my Planner also kept crashing...

Anyway, that is enought for now. I think I have given you enough to think about. None of the options are bad/wrong depending on what you are looking for. The HE/monk option is likely the most survivable. The Sun Elf / Morning Lord seems to be the most thematically correct and I like the extra 30 spell power but it is kinda costly APwise & may be too squishy after losing Monk & Heal-Amp even with the good saves from the Paladin splash. The PDK with Paladin-2 keeps high saves and gets you heal-amp & lets you leverage that high Charisma to hit if you wanted...

If you haven't already rolled let me know your thoughts after you review all the above... Let me know if you want to stay HE with 2-Monk or not and I will try to look at the feats again. Maybe repost with any adjustments.
    Last edited by Nodoze; 02-11-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast