Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusPossum View Post
    I think they also programmed hires to stand in lava first.
    Lava AND traps. Seems they practically sniff out the trap by suddenly and fast running forward to get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Mobs target divines first, pretty much in all cases.
    I could go for the fact if the monster has intelligence by any means. But Skorpions and Skeletons?!

Second, the hire is miles away from me and the monster run the extra mile to get to something they cannot even see?! Really WAI or simply out of whack as usual when Turbine "fixes" something working in DDO?

Third, while I would understand such a thing / move to make the AI smarter, since Intimidate is broken and simply takes too long to use, how am I supposed to protect my casters on a melee when the mob is going after them over loooooong distances? Very annoying on playing in a group and the more to go solo from lv. 12+ on. And then there are some still complaining DDO to be group-unfriendly. Yes, the game is done for the solo zerg only and all else is an extra challenge.

Monsters just got smarter,attack the healer first and the tank cant survive. Sounds pretty smart to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    Monsters just got smarter,attack the healer first and the tank cant survive. Sounds pretty smart to me.
    Nothing against smart humans, elfs or, what they might be worth, kobolds. But smart skorpions, skeletons and slimes?

Community Member

I noticed a similar thing: Mobs attacking me (Wiz) although I'm in the back doing nothing (must be some kind of face-aggro) and my melee Hire already landed the first hit, they ignore the damage or threat from damage but seem to "must finish" their triggered attack animation on me first. It's more noticable on mobs that have multiple attacks in one sequence. Charmed Mobs behave the same, even if the target is dead, they must finish their animation, archers will go away a few footsteps and shoot a few arrows, melee fighters will continue to whirlwind over the dead body, and so on. This happens too when my Hire is running to a target and while he does I give him the order to attack another one, he ignores my order and first runs to the target of his choice, attacks it once and only after that attacks the target I want.

There is no animation breaker, the animation seems to have priority over every incoming damage, intimidate skill use, attack-order or dead opponent. While I can dodge an attack by moving away, a Hire won't do this but get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    With squishy hires this is actually a big problem, imho. as long as the toon has his personal fear aura, zerging is a breeze. But as long as anybody wants to use hires, mobs abandoning the damage dealer and going actively after the hire is annoying at best and -5% XP and a dead hire at worst.
    Actually its +5% not minus five percent. I regularly get my hire killed on purpose before finishing a quest

I've found that aggro on divines is ridiculously out of proportion to what they've done. I frequently run with a second box FvS, and I've had monsters run half the length of the dungeon to go attack that character who not only hadn't done anything at all (no healing, no offense), but wasn't even nearby. Characters that the monster would have absolutely no way of knowing was even there, and goes on a beeline. I've hit monsters down to 25% of their hp before they were able to be peeled off of a divine who was doing nothing but standing there.

Actually its +5% not minus five percent. I regularly get my hire killed on purpose before finishing a quest
    Uh...then you're really doing it wrong. It's -5%, because the comparison is to the +10% that you get for nobody dying. You're deliberately turning +10 into +5.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post

Uh...then you're really doing it wrong. It's -5%, because the comparison is to the +10% that you get for nobody dying. You're deliberately turning +10 into +5.
    Failed sarcasm check.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Failed sarcasm check.
    And with a perfect 1 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    I've found that aggro on divines is ridiculously out of proportion to what they've done. I frequently run with a second box FvS, and I've had monsters run half the length of the dungeon to go attack that character who not only hadn't done anything at all (no healing, no offense), but wasn't even nearby. Characters that the monster would have absolutely no way of knowing was even there, and goes on a beeline. I've hit monsters down to 25% of their hp before they were able to be peeled off of a divine who was doing nothing but standing there.
    Since I susually make divine builds that would be able to tank as well, I do not necessarly notice so far. But I will check with my TRed Cleri lv. 3 now.

Since BB usually makes mobs stop directly before entering the damage zone and attacking something else standing outside, before running through BB mindlessly - I will check this too, if the divine can use BB to fend off the overwhelming aggro ^^.

I've noticed this for a while, but it's not just with hirelings or healers/casters.

It almost seems to me like mobs aggro the squishiest toon, or the least threatening toon in a party as soon as they see any member of the party.

I've been in quests where we've gone different ways to do objectives where I'll go one way and my friend has gone another, and I've had the mobs completely ignore me - even when I've landed blows on them - run past me and run in the direction of my friend despite them being a fair bit away and out of view. They do tend to give up after a bit of a run and come back, but it's really irritating.

I was in an EE Devil Assault run a while ago and every time the bearded devils spawned they all seemed to teleport straight to one of the rangers in the party (always the same one, I believe he had the least hp). Even when he stopped attacking, and wasn't the closest person to them they would just teleport to him and all hit him at the same time, killing him before anyone could help a lot of the time. All this despite the AOE effects that were all over the place from the casters.

I wonder if they've got the aggro priority backwards, like they have with hireling healing spell casting priority (if you're at really low health they'll always throw cure spells until you're above a certain amount of hp before throwing a heal spell, while if you're only slightly hurt they'll still throw a heal spell - massively over-healing you.) It's a mistake I've seen happen quite a few times, and have made myself, when writing fuzzy logic AI as it's easy to overlook in a lot of cases.

Default Keep Hire Back A Room

i didnt think it was a bug ,or whatnot...I have been keeping hires one room back in stand mode,in tougher battles.On Epic Hard and tougher the mobs wie hire so fast ,it will make head spin.Using simmons works nice ,enemies go to them 1st everytime and let u attack them in thier backs
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Default spellcasters are always priority enemy

but,yea Rangers draw some sik aggro;i'm gettin sik of chasing enemies..lol; really dont anymore
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

I notice that pets and summons often agro mobs through closed doors where they would not be able to agro a player. There definitely something fishy in the AI.
    Argonnessen - Glibb Bonefish, Lev 28 pure Elf Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    From time to time I do use hires for healing, especially when soloing low level content and not having ample of UMD ready on melee builds. Since the last update series, I encountered some unusual mob behavior I did not notice so far (which might be due to the fact that I just now started to re-TR my toons). Whenever I run up on mobs with my melee and do one hit or the other, the mobs that where running against me suddenly stop fighting with me but simply run over to my hire and start hitting her or him. I encountered this behavior in several quests and wildernesses on lv. 1-7 so far since U19.1 and never have noticed this before.

Here some short notices: Human Fighter (10th life) current lv. 7, Kensai w/o any special gear (for lower levels, like Abishai) and speced to use a bastard sword and shield. I plan to overhaul the build upon reaching lv. 20 or to go into the next heroic TR for completionist, so I did not give much care to any special builds, feats, or whatever, as long as I am completely self sufficient upon lv. 12+. Second toon was a test Human Barb I leveled until lv. 3 with the Occult Slayer enhancement path. Both melees encountered the same problem. They ran against their enemies, hit them, and the mobs started to run against the hire. This kind of odd mob behavior is encountered independently from the hire setting to attack or defend.

Please help me check: Is this WAI or can I file in a bug report?
    Agro is very broken currently in at least things like:
    -You hit a monster down to 5% and it leaves you going after someone else or just runs away.
    -Bluff /improved feint lasts for only about 1 second and does not reset agro, the mob will still come at you after that.
    -Diplo does not reset agro even on success most of the time
    -Deception items cause about 1 second effect and then the monster again attacks you.
    -A hireling or a summon outside the enemy vision range is almost always attacked instead of you when you come into the enemy vision range. Sometimes even monsters that do not see you yet see the summon that is far behind you.
    -Successful intimidate only affects the enemy for few seconds, even if no one else attacks the target. (ie it does not continue to stay agroed on you)
    and so on.

Over all currently: Bluff, feint,diplo,intimidate are currently not normally worth it. (And bluff double not worth is as bluff pull fails 50+% of the time even on successful bluff rolls). Decpeption items/weapons are still nice if you do sneak attacks, to get the sneak attacks before the enemy turns back to attack you, but..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12